IVF/ICSI Support Group

Pigletlyn yes do check with your doc ya. I don't recommend going back to work straight after ER. It's still a surgery afterall. For me although I didn't get ohss, I wasn't well for next 2 days after ER. Some cramps and bloating. I needed to rest in bed on and off.

Bbfanatic it's norm. My Af was extended a week more just for that cycle. After that resumed to normal.

I had very bad pain on the day of egg retrieval and the day after.. It was like mensus cramp x10 times worst and had nausea after waking up from sedation, look very pale and ill.

May I know if anyone going for FET soon at kkh?
What's the process like? How many scans est and drugs given?
Any recommendations to prep body for it?

My FET is next week at KKH.

2 scans the most, for me. Am on medicated FET and progynova taken daily from cd4. I believe my 2nd scan on Friday I will be started on cyclogest.

I just cut down sugar and carbo and caffeine. Stop salad (I love salad but it's no good for womb). Take chix essence and LRD. Do fertility yoga poses. Dry brush. (All these for the purpose of improving lymphatic drainage). Use heat pad on tummy and soles.

Pigletlyn, for my er I was ok , no pain, tiny bit of bleeding ,so little tt I cld hardly see it .felt normal until bloatedness sets in 30 hours later. Bit like gastric pain but tolerable

My FET is next week at KKH.

2 scans the most, for me. Am on medicated FET and progynova taken daily from cd4. I believe my 2nd scan on Friday I will be started on cyclogest.

I just cut down sugar and carbo and caffeine. Stop salad (I love salad but it's no good for womb). Take chix essence and LRD. Do fertility yoga poses. Dry brush. (All these for the purpose of improving lymphatic drainage). Use heat pad on tummy and soles.

What's LRD?
Thanks for the info :)

Erm...so many short terms used here. Can someone tell me what is FET, ER, ET, DHEA, AF & LRD?

I only managed to figure out that HL = hospitalization leave...

Erm...so many short terms used here. Can someone tell me what is FET, ER, ET, DHEA, AF & LRD?

I only managed to figure out that HL = hospitalization leave...

FET - Frozen Egg Transfer
ER - Egg Retrieval
ET- Egg Transfer
DHEA - a supplement
AF - Aunt Flo, means menstruation, period
LRD - Longan red date (drink)

By any chance does any1 know how much should the eggs grow when you go back on alternate days for scanning?
My 1st scan, I think there wer 15 & size ranges frm 8-10.5. Then tdy I went for 2nd scan (2 days later frm 1st scan), only 1 that is size 13 & the rest ranges abt 8-12.

Dr said growing v slow...is it because I overworked yday as I was running ard whole day on an event? Shldnt matters right? ? Im v anxious because my hubby is gng to fly next wkend so I need ER & ET soooooon...

Hi ladies, I am considering transferring frozen embryos from nuh to Thomson medical but was told by the nurse that it is now against the law to transfer embryos from public to private hospital. Has anyone have similar experience?

May I know if anyone going for FET soon at kkh?
What's the process like? How many scans est and drugs given?
Any recommendations to prep body for it?
Hi kammybear... im going for my 2nd cycle next month w Dr. Sadhana kkh. Go to my previous comments on the procedures... im living overseas, therefore estimated time in sg is 2 to 4 weeks.

Kammybear. Here is my timeline for Artificial Thaw Cycle:

- Day 1 full bleed menses (to inform KKIVF Centre)

- Day 4: to start 4mg of Progynova for 5 days, followed by 6mg of Progynova for 3days

- Day 11 or Day 12: to do vaginal Ultrasound scan to check your endo lining

- once endo lining thick, will schedule embryo transfer 3-5 days later

- if not thick, you will be advised to continue taking the medicines for another 5 days then scan again.

Estimated duration stay here in Singapore is about 2-4weeks to finish the whole frozen cycle.

After a failed fresh transfer, is a 35-40 day menstrual cycle expected? My cycle seems to be getting v long, usu is 31 days but now it's day 36 n still not here. Had some spotting a week ago thought the flow will commence but didn't.
hi, i think it is case to case? my cycle came on time or slightly early ( i done AR on 23 sep but period starts 5 Oct, period for last mth was 7 Sep). But the flow is slighty more...

Wanna ask on progestertone insert for FET.

I will be prescribed cyclogest. When do you start the insert prior to the transfer? If say tomorrow I start it, will I have my blasto transfer only 5 days later?
Is that how cyclogest works as in to start it once “ovulation” takes place?

Hi ladies, jus wondering how long do u all wait before you start exercising huh? after a lap to remove the cyst huh? Use to jog every alternative day. Now felt so drained without exercising ...can share when u all start exercising ?

Hi @sunbelle , I went back to my exercise routine two weeks after my myomectomy. Start it real slowly ok?

Kammybear. Here is my timeline for Artificial Thaw Cycle:

- Day 1 full bleed menses (to inform KKIVF Centre)

- Day 4: to start 4mg of Progynova for 5 days, followed by 6mg of Progynova for 3days

- Day 11 or Day 12: to do vaginal Ultrasound scan to check your endo lining

- once endo lining thick, will schedule embryo transfer 3-5 days later

- if not thick, you will be advised to continue taking the medicines for another 5 days then scan again.

Estimated duration stay here in Singapore is about 2-4weeks to finish the whole frozen cycle.

Thanks for the info!
Good luck and baby dust to all

Went for my bfn review today and was told that i can do my fet once next af comes. Doc says can target for nov cycle.

What does grade 3 and 4 embroyos mean? The larger the number the better?

Yes but it seems like most agree grades don't guarantee success. I transferred 3 grade 4 last round also down the drain.

So even if we get lower grade we must believe it may happen :)

bfn today .transferred 2 blast also down the drain .. will only get to see dr for review end of this month. nurse said have to wait for another two months before doing either fet or fresh

Hi ladies, I am considering transferring frozen embryos from nuh to Thomson medical but was told by the nurse that it is now against the law to transfer embryos from public to private hospital. Has anyone have similar experience?
Is it true?its against e law to transfer our embryo from public to private hospital? Has anyone successfully transfered e embryos or frozen sperms before from public hospital out?
I only hear public hospital dun accept frozen sperms but to get embryos out of public hospital is not allowed too?? Our own embryos lei

xiaomyang, ask the nurse to show you where is the law that stated that. It's your embryos and you are instructing them to keep it for you. even if there IS a law that states that we should all fight for our rights on that.

By any chance does any1 know how much should the eggs grow when you go back on alternate days for scanning?
My 1st scan, I think there wer 15 & size ranges frm 8-10.5. Then tdy I went for 2nd scan (2 days later frm 1st scan), only 1 that is size 13 & the rest ranges abt 8-12.

Dr said growing v slow...is it because I overworked yday as I was running ard whole day on an event? Shldnt matters right? ? Im v anxious because my hubby is gng to fly next wkend so I need ER & ET soooooon...
missy serene, try to up your proteins. Egg whites are the easiest source.

Yes but it seems like most agree grades don't guarantee success. I transferred 3 grade 4 last round also down the drain.

So even if we get lower grade we must believe it may happen :)

Yeap, I was just curious abt the number.

The doc told me that they will probably thaw 4 and choose the best out of the 4 for transfer. So my stored 9 wont last me many cycles.

Praying for the miracle.

xiaomyang, ask the nurse to show you where is the law that stated that. It's your embryos and you are instructing them to keep it for you. even if there IS a law that states that we should all fight for our rights on that.
Yes I'm going to call up NuH and ask for exact law to be quoted to me... Will update you all again. I hope it's not true! Cos like what Connie said, it's or embryos leh, not govt property!

Is it true?its against e law to transfer our embryo from public to private hospital? Has anyone successfully transfered e embryos or frozen sperms before from public hospital out?
I only hear public hospital dun accept frozen sperms but to get embryos out of public hospital is not allowed too?? Our own embryos lei

I know sperm bank is shared. No matter which hospital, they can draw from the same bank. I am guessing the same should apply to embryos.

What nonsense is that. This nurse should be fired.
http://singapore.angloinfo.com/information/healthcare/pregnancy-birth/ivf/

Storage/Disposal/Transfer of Gametes/Embryos
Before starting any AR programme, every couple whose gametes/embryos are stored will be counselled on the options available for storage, use and disposal of the stored gametes and embryos.

The maximum time limit for storage of embryos is five years from the date of fertilisation. Storage can be extended if there is an appropriate reason, although this will require written approval from the Singapore Ministry of Health. However, under no circumstances will embryos be used if they have been stored beyond ten years from the date of their fertilisation.

Centre-to-centre transfer of embryos is permitted between local centres and between local and overseas centres.

I know sperm bank is shared. No matter which hospital, they can draw from the same bank. I am guessing the same should apply to embryos.
Kkh does not accept frozen sperms (not referring to donar) from other centres. I know that as i have our frozen sperm samples from private. We want to port over to kkh for new fresh as kkh want my hubby to freeze his spermies as back up. But kkh dont accept. We got to pay $ to kkh to do another freezing of spermies at kkh again. Embries i not so sure.

Hi ecym thank you for your reply. It wasn't easy. Even try cycling today which is alreadly 3 weeks liao ... Haha hope to go back exercise fast.

Redvel : salad no good huh? I love salad cos I alreadly very fat liao... So salad helps me to keep weight down when I dun exercise. Have to see dr loh next month.

Yes I'm going to call up NuH and ask for exact law to be quoted to me... Will update you all again. I hope it's not true! Cos like what Connie said, it's or embryos leh, not govt property!
Yes xiamyang, go ask other nurse (senior one). I know there is one new nurse sometimes anyhow answer

Kkh does not accept frozen sperms (not referring to donar) from other centres. I know that as i have our frozen sperm samples from private. We want to port over to kkh for new fresh as kkh want my hubby to freeze his spermies as back up. But kkh dont accept. We got to pay $ to kkh to do another freezing of spermies at kkh again. Embries i not so sure.

That time is private doc tell me abt the sperm bank, he tell me even if at his clinic send for freezing, we go KK also can use de. That was several years back though. Change of policy?

That time is private doc tell me abt the sperm bank, he tell me even if at his clinic send for freezing, we go KK also can use de. That was several years back though. Change of policy?
Private will tell u kkh can use. Yes,you can transfer out. But e thg is kkh dun want to accept our spermies frozen from outside. But to transfer frozen sperms out from kkh,they allow. According to kkh gynae, its due to e mix up sega last time at thomson,so kkh to be on careful side, dun accept le. Sad,got to pay money to freeze again

hi ladies :]

can I ask a dumb question? wile on progesterone pessaries, we are not supposed to get our period rite? or can it happen? I'm only 12dp3dt & I'm seeing pre-period discharge starting & I'm on the verge of a heartbreak looking at my panty liner :(

Some ladies do get their af before stopping the inserts. Are you on Utrogestan? Both my fresh ivf my Af came before my BT, while still on the inserts.

redvel, thank you so much, ur so helpful!

btw yup, I'm on those white tablets. can I stop taking them oreadi since I'm pretty sure tis cycle is a failure?

As per instructed by my nurse, I was told not to stop because we do not know what the spotting would mean. Could be af, could be pregnancy bleeding, could be one of the two embies that were transferred is miscarrying... i mean anything can happen that's why BT is important to do, regardless you're bleeding or not.

I know it's awful to be still doing the inserts at this juncture but I think we should play safe and continue the inserts. When is your scheduled BT? If you have heavier spotting or start bleeding, will be good you call the hospital and ask for earlier BT. Good luck.

hi ladies :]

can I ask a dumb question? wile on progesterone pessaries, we are not supposed to get our period rite? or can it happen? I'm only 12dp3dt & I'm seeing pre-period discharge starting & I'm on the verge of a heartbreak looking at my panty liner :(

It happened to me and mine just got heavier by the day. I did my BT 4 days before.

If it doesnt get heavier, just carry on the inserts. If it is a pregnancy, the inserts are suppossed to protect the pregnancy, according to the nurse.

btw yup, I'm on those white tablets. can I stop taking them oreadi since I'm pretty sure tis cycle is a failure?

DO NOT stop your medication oki? i saw blood flowing and immediately called nurse for an earlier BT ( already poas and -ve ) i continued with my medication till blood test confirmed negative and that is the right thing to do as u nevr know ,u might be pregnant even if u r bleeding . im glad i did my blood test earlier- at least now i can stop my medication. didnt want to waste time and wait one more day, eat one more day of hormones pills ..get it done and over with and move ahead .
Good luck to all.
Thanks for the hugs Connie ..

What nonsense is that. This nurse should be fired.
http://singapore.angloinfo.com/information/healthcare/pregnancy-birth/ivf/

Storage/Disposal/Transfer of Gametes/Embryos
Before starting any AR programme, every couple whose gametes/embryos are stored will be counselled on the options available for storage, use and disposal of the stored gametes and embryos.

The maximum time limit for storage of embryos is five years from the date of fertilisation. Storage can be extended if there is an appropriate reason, although this will require written approval from the Singapore Ministry of Health. However, under no circumstances will embryos be used if they have been stored beyond ten years from the date of their fertilisation.

Centre-to-centre transfer of embryos is permitted between local centres and between local and overseas centres.
Hi redvel,

Thanks for finding the relevant document. I also went to google and found the licensing t&c on assisted reproduction services and it contain similar info in section 5.42 as what you quoted. However, the licensing only applies to private practitioner (section 1.1) and I can only hope this also apply to public hospitals as well....

Will call up NuH soon and clarify for all here who are keen to know! Thanks a lot for everyone's input!

Hi redvel,

Thanks for finding the relevant document. I also went to google and found the licensing t&c on assisted reproduction services and it contain similar info in section 5.42 as what you quoted. However, the licensing only applies to private practitioner (section 1.1) and I can only hope this also apply to public hospitals as well....

Will call up NuH soon and clarify for all here who are keen to know! Thanks a lot for everyone's input!
Oh here's the licensing t&c FYI. https://elis.moh.gov.sg/elis/publis...4220887!1953210927&task=downloadFile&pkId=110

Yes xiamyang, go ask other nurse (senior one). I know there is one new nurse sometimes anyhow answer
Thanks straw! Actually the nurse who told me cannot transfer is from the private hospital!? Surely she want biz for her gynaes right... Dunno leh. But I will solve the mystery when I call up NuH! Will keep you posted

Back