IVF/ICSI Support Group

Does anyone have advice on whether natural fet or medicated fet is better? How long should I wait after a failed fresh egg transfer before starting on the fet?

If u ovulate regularly natural FET would be better choice. U must wait atleast for 2 cycles once u failed fresh

Hi ladies, jus wondering how long do u all wait before you start exercising huh? after a lap to remove the cyst huh? Use to jog every alternative day. Now felt so drained without exercising ...can share when u all start exercising ?

Day 2 or 3 of your cycle you will start jabbing yourself. Scans typically 2x a week (can be 3). Once your egg sizes are mature, stop all self jab but take one last trigger jab to release your eggs via surgery which you will be scheduled for. Just a short procedure where doc just takes 15mins to suck out your eggs. Same day your man will have to give his soldier sample. The rest let the lab take care of the fertilisation and you will return to the hospital few days later to have the embryo transfer done. Transfer procedure is like a mini version of a papsmear.

Physically, to me, there's nothing painful about ivf. It's the emotional and psychological part that's more challenging to manage.

Dr Tan is a good one so I've heard. You're in safe hands.
What is the reason for the jabbing on Day 2 or 3? For the surgeries, they are done while we're conscious? Or will we be sedated?

Good morning girls :)

I'm 8dp3dt and have yet to POAS. This morning I had like a gush of water came out of me, twice. No odor, no color, it's really like water. anyone experience tat? and wat was that? I don't see it on any symptoms to watch out for pregnancy.

Good morning girls :)

I'm 8dp3dt and have yet to POAS. This morning I had like a gush of water came out of me, twice. No odor, no color, it's really like water. anyone experience tat? and wat was that? I don't see it on any symptoms to watch out for pregnancy.

I was told by the nurse that there will be more discharge than usual while on the progesterone inserts. Might be due to this?

I claimed through my company but not sure what it is called.

Basically they allow you to claim anything (not just IVF) for non panel clinics/hospital for each visit at a capped amount. You may like to check with your HR if they have something in place for staff.

I didn't know until I recenttly read up my medical benefits and enquired with my HR.

Hello ladies, hope some of you can advise me.I'm planning to go for iui..my hubby and i have done all tests and all is ok..im with NUH..i completed lapo to unblock 1 tube in apr and my gynea told me to consider iui..ive been trying since then but no luck..
Those of you tat did iui b4 ivf, i plan to do in my next cycle i.e nov.im at cd19 now..is there a waiting q? Shud j call nuh n get appt to see my gynea now ard the time my menses is arriving.. Can someone advise on the steps? Tks

Kymkym it's an internal claim form under AIA.

Today first scan says 7.1 triple lining. Friday return for 2nd scan and doc says likely transfer will happen tue/wed next week. To up my progynova from 3 to 4 pills.

Kymkym it's an internal claim form under AIA.

Today first scan says 7.1 triple lining. Friday return for 2nd scan and doc says likely transfer will happen tue/wed next week. To up my progynova from 3 to 4 pills.
Our company deal with NTUC and it is very difficult to claim from them, nevertheless, i have drop an email to enquire.

Good luck on your transfer.

Thanks Ron, Kym.

I do hear NTUC insurance can be quite tricky when it comes to claims. For my claims so far, no question asked. So I guess AIA is rather quick in that sense.

Today I’m having a heavy heart as I just heard a news from my gf who is also under Dr Sadhana that she might be miscarrying. SO-IUI. 2 Weeks ago she just said she got bfp.

Just wanna say please all be careful when you’ve bfp. We have come so far… our journey is so tough. And cherish the moments we have with our loved ones, everyday. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

Redvel, my lining is only 6.5 and have to up my progynova as well, to 4 times. Ur fet hl only 3 days? I will be given 2 weeks same as fresh. Jia you, hope we make it this time.

Hi Ellesie your scan was today too right? By this Friday I should be CD16/17. About time I ovulate on norm cycle. I hope this is my last scan. When is your next scan?

I don’t really believe that doc whom I saw just now. Haa. That’s why I will ask my ivf doc on ET day.

Redvel and ellesie, good luck for your coming FET, hope this is the last round for u girls ! Try to carry a relax mind and 平常心 during the 2WW..

Thanks purplerainbow. I always try to practice 平常心 especially during ivf 2ww because we have all done what we could. The rest is up to the one above.

Thanks Ron, Kym.

I do hear NTUC insurance can be quite tricky when it comes to claims. For my claims so far, no question asked. So I guess AIA is rather quick in that sense.

Today I’m having a heavy heart as I just heard a news from my gf who is also under Dr Sadhana that she might be miscarrying. SO-IUI. 2 Weeks ago she just said she got bfp.

Just wanna say please all be careful when you’ve bfp. We have come so far… our journey is so tough. And cherish the moments we have with our loved ones, everyday. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring.
Yours so good. My HR just replied. All these expenses are exclusive: Maternity, Birth control, infertility, pregnancy or childbirth, miscarriage, abortion , general check-up, x-ray. Hiaz..so there is no way for me to make any claim except medisave only. NTUC is bad.

1st of all, jia you for all the sister here. this is a tough journey but we are doing something we do not want to make ourselves regret one day regardless what the end result, at least we tried!!
Please do not give too much stress to yourself, I have to learn to let go as failure keep come to me even how hard i tried, I know everything happen for a reason and I do not want to ask why anymore. Sometime, there is a feeling in my heart telling me to give up, yet there is another energy to motivate me try again. I will still try and hope the dream come true day, gambate for all the sister here, you girls are great and strong, big hug to u girls!!

redvel, you are right that dry brushing and cold hot shower is good for us :) cold hot shower will increase our immune system, dry brushing will make our lymphatic smooth and increase blood circulation. Just a kind reminder for those doing dry brushing, the brush must be natural and not hurt our skin. Jia you oh!
dry brushing = 刮痧?

It's not the same, kym. These are the tools for dry brushing. I think dry brushing is more angmor type. 刮痧 is cheena version :p
dry-brushes.jpg

I'm doing a lot of other holistic stuff this round, one which is yoga headstand.

Redvel, yes today is my scan. Going to hv another scan this sat. Tentatively et on 14-15.
Wah, u can even do headstand. I find this round I very bo chup. Din even take care of my diet n very stressful cos e boss is giving me hard time. Just 顺其自然。
Purplerainbow, thanks.

I hope my ET is 14 so that it will fall on my hubby's bdae which he likes haha.

Go go go ellesie. Hack the boss. It's our shot.

Yours so good. My HR just replied. All these expenses are exclusive: Maternity, Birth control, infertility, pregnancy or childbirth, miscarriage, abortion , general check-up, x-ray. Hiaz..so there is no way for me to make any claim except medisave only. NTUC is bad.

Kymkym nothing to do with ntuc. It's what the company purchase for staff. Very rare companies will cover fertility treatment. Redvel shld be working for an mnc that covers their staff with expat equivalent benefits. :)

Hi ladies I am waiting for my menses to show up so that I can begin my first ivf cycle... Understand from
Kkh that Dr sadhana is going to be away from 18th to 25th oct which might be my ER period.. Stand in docs either Mr Tan HH or Mr Steven teo.. Have heard about Mr Tan but any reviews about Mr Teo? I am anxiously waiting for my AF to report...

hi ladies , after a failed ivf we need to rest two months for ovaries to rest and the hormones to b out of our system. how about aftr a failed natural fet?

Hi all, this is my Virgin post here :)
I'm with KKH dr steven teo. He's a friendly and straightforward doc who will give you what you need to know. I embarked on this journey without knowing or researching, just called kkh hot line and booked an appt for fertility problems. Subsequently was assigned to Dr steven teo.
I ran through series of tests for period of one year, was diagnosed with PCOS and suspected endometriosis. Hubby had low sperm count and quality.
We did 3 cycles of letrozole , 1 SO-IUI (13 days jab of puregon) and now first IVF ICSI on 30th aug.
I took daily jabs of 133.3 puregon(11 days) and subsequently 250 ganirelix (7 days) and ended with 1 shot of lurcin. I had OHSS hence had to freeze all my ovum. My OPU was on 11 sept and I had 43 eggs retrieved but was feeling terrible for at least 2 days. Of the 43 eggs retrieved, only 21 fertilised and freeze. Now I'm waiting for my next mensus cycle (hopefully this oct mth end) to do my frozen embryo transfer with Dr steven teo. He's was happy with my recovery rate from the OPU as he was worried about OHSS due to large number of follicles. I put on 3 kg during this 2 weeks of jabs.
For this FET, he's suggesting defroze two day 2 eggs to transfer... wonder if they will survive the thaw process? Any idea what I can do to prep my body for FET?
Dr steven teo said I have three grade 3 and 18 grade 4 eggs, so I can try for many times. I think he's pretty relax doc which suit my hubby. I'm the more kan chiong one.. LOL

I'm with KKH dr steven teo. He's a friendly and straightforward doc who will give you what you need to know. I embarked on this journey without knowing or researching, just called kkh hot line and booked an appt for fertility problems. Subsequently was assigned to Dr steven teo.
I ran through series of tests for period of one year, was diagnosed with PCOS and suspected endometriosis. Hubby had low sperm count and quality.
We did 3 cycles of letrozole , 1 SO-IUI (13 days jab of puregon) and now first IVF ICSI on 30th aug.
I took daily jabs of 133.3 puregon(11 days) and subsequently 250 ganirelix (7 days) and ended with 1 shot of lurcin. I had OHSS hence had to freeze all my ovum. My OPU was on 11 sept and I had 43 eggs retrieved but was feeling terrible for at least 2 days. Of the 43 eggs retrieved, only 21 fertilised and freeze. Now I'm waiting for my next mensus cycle (hopefully this oct mth end) to do my frozen embryo transfer with Dr steven teo. He's was happy with my recovery rate from the OPU as he was worried about OHSS due to large number of follicles. I put on 3 kg during this 2 weeks of jabs.
For this FET, he's suggesting defroze two day 2 eggs to transfer... wonder if they will survive the thaw process? Any idea what I can do to prep my body for FET?
Dr steven teo said I have three grade 3 and 18 grade 4 eggs, so I can try for many times. I think he's pretty relax doc which suit my hubby. I'm the more kan chiong one.. LOL[/QUOTE

Hi kammybear.. Thank you for sharing about your experience with Mr Teo.. Feeling much at ease : ) all the best for your next cycle...

Dr steven teo said I have three grade 3 and 18 grade 4 eggs, so I can try for many times. I think he's pretty relax doc which suit my hubby. I'm the more kan chiong one.. LOL
wow kammybear u have so many eggs..can do blastocyst

and u are doing fet immediately the nex month aftr so many jabs..can ah? i was told to rest for two months if ivf failed. am wondering wat abt the other way round , aftr natural fet , which involves minimum jabs and medicine . in that case how long one needs to rest before starting fresh

and u are doing fet immediately the nex month aftr so many jabs..can ah? i was told to rest for two months if ivf failed. am wondering wat abt the other way round , aftr natural fet , which involves minimum jabs and medicine . in that case how long one needs to rest before starting fresh

I have no idea leh but dr steven teo said it's ok to start FET as I didn't do any fresh transfer. I guess I trust his professional view. Also FET don't need jabs just pills for lining , should be less harmful for the body?

And yes I have so many follicles such that nurses were shocked and my hubby called me a hen that lays so many eggs!

OTE="kammybear, post: 7507093, member: 132383"]I had 17 days hospitalisation leave from KKH despite no fresh transfer[/QUOTE]
Because they counted in despite there is transfer or not.

For my 2nd ivf, I went straight to work on monday. It was done on a Saturday. I didn't want my colleagues to ask too many questions. I just took it really easy and sat a lot.

ER will be given so many days HL? I think i heard my gynae tell me next day can go back work. If need more days he can give 2 or 3 days HL. I thought ET then will have 2 weeks HL?

The reason for long HL is because of ER, not ET. Complications (like OHSS) may arise because of ER so doc gives you long rest. As for ET, I don't think any doc will advice you to bed rest. Just live life as normal.

Nevertheless I'm going to ask for longer HL for my FET.

After a failed fresh transfer, is a 35-40 day menstrual cycle expected? My cycle seems to be getting v long, usu is 31 days but now it's day 36 n still not here. Had some spotting a week ago thought the flow will commence but didn't.

Redvel, im lost... My gynae say ET is 2 weeks HL. ER next day can go work. I think i better call my gynae and check cause i have tons of work to do this month. Waiting for AF to come and see him for stim jabs. AF should report between 10-14 Oct

Back