IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi everyone! I failed my 1st IVF 4 years ago with only 1 egg transferred. Though 3 were fertilised, only 1 managed to make it. Recently, I'm considering to try ivf again but afraid of failure again. Started tcm and acupuncture 3 mths back.

Anyone failed 1st cycle due to poor egg quality but succeed in 2nd cycle?

Hi @bbpony.. I failed my first fresh IVF cycle on 2011 I retrieved 8 but end up only 2 fertilized and transferred...but not sure whether is it due to poor egg quality as I did not follow up with the dr due to quite sad that time as everything since ok no spotting on 2WW but on BT day after draw blood on top, my AF report after 1hr later... After failed wend to see TCM under TSB and drink abt a yr or less of Chinese herb and I stop cos I quite don't like Chinese herb smell and everytime smell and drink I want to puke out...
So this year 2014 will like to try again...
My 2nd fresh ivf cycle is done on june and keep thinking whether fail anot as I really no confident but now I confirmed BFP ^^...
So you don't give up and don't think of failure... Sure this time you can make it as you have prepared... All the best and jia you... ^^

Thanks.....my work is piling and I'm just wary if I do get bfp I'm hoping I can set my priority and forget about work first. Till at least doc certifies it's more stable. However I'm not sure at this point how supportive my company is on no pay leave. So I have to play by the ear

Thanks.....my work is piling and I'm just wary if I do get bfp I'm hoping I can set my priority and forget about work first. Till at least doc certifies it's more stable. However I'm not sure at this point how supportive my company is on no pay leave. So I have to play by the ear
@redvel
, I suggest you discuss with your boss as soon as possible. Better to know your options and prepare your boss too.
I had same concerns with you. My office culture is that regardless of ur priorities, expectation you will manage your work and meet all deadlines. I tend to work on solo projects so I felt difficult to cope with the emotional and mental stress of IVF. So I told my boss I wanna quit. Boss suggested NPL, smaller projects, etc but I still decided to leave.

Thanks MichNg.

When I had my 2nd MC (Dec2012), I already told my boss of my intention to take NPL for my future BFP. As much as she could empathize, she could only say “ok we’ll see how’s the situation then”. Now, of course she knows I’m on IVF and this NPL may happen. But the situation now is we are already shorthanded. So it makes me more “paiseh” to raise on the NPL concern, if need be.

To me, if she doesn’t give blessings in the end, I will go since the ttc is my top priority at the moment.

@punpui, thanks for sharing your story. Did u get the same doc for your 2nd cycle? Where you did yours?

What did you eat during stim and 2ww? can share?

Thanks MichNg.

When I had my 2nd MC (Dec2012), I already told my boss of my intention to take NPL for my future BFP. As much as she could empathize, she could only say “ok we’ll see how’s the situation then”. Now, of course she knows I’m on IVF and this NPL may happen. But the situation now is we are already shorthanded. So it makes me more “paiseh” to raise on the NPL concern, if need be.

To me, if she doesn’t give blessings in the end, I will go since the ttc is my top priority at the moment.
Oh, understand your situation. At least she's aware and should consider recruiting soon then. I lost loyalty to my company after becoming manager.

Hi dramaqueenie, just did the SIS procedure today. Dr Tan ordered the test for me to check my womb lining as I had reduced menses after the lap last year to remove fibroids. He was worried that there are adhesion inside the womb that may cause reduced menses. And today I during the procedure I thought I heard the doc said there are adhesion. I tried to ask further but they say will wore report to dr tan. Haii troublesome if really have adhesion. But at least he ordered the test for me to do and not waste effort on my next round of ivf.

I also heard the radiologist assistant said suddenly so many request to do SIS. Haha maybe it's all the patient under dr tan.

@hopeful13, can i chk when did u fix ur next appt after SIS? my SIS is this upcoming mon. was told to book an appt for doc review ard 2 wks after e SIS but its such a long wait. there is actually slots on 22 july for doc review but then i was told my results from SIS wont be avail yet. hiaz bummer!

wonder when will we actually get to e IVF part. 1st appt was on 24 june. asked to do SIS on next mentrual cycle and 2nd doc review is only on 5 aug! was still hoping to do actual IVF in aug/sept but looks like not likely hor??

Ladies can i ask if anyone is planning to take no pay leave or even considering quitting her job when bfp?

As I'm high risk and have had 2 MCs, and my ex sinseh adviced me to rest at home after bfp, I've been toying the thoughts.

Anyone has done it or is planning to?

I have been on no pay for 2 months aldy. Plus my hl. I hvn't been to work for 3 mths....

MichNg, I think a certain level of commitment we as employee may dedicate but I’m sure there comes a time priority changes and that’s where adjustments have to be made. Hope you are now happier with your decision.

Portia, rest well. And looking forward to your good news on your harmony result.

MichNg, I think a certain level of commitment we as employee may dedicate but I’m sure there comes a time priority changes and that’s where adjustments have to be made. Hope you are now happier with your decision.

Portia, rest well. And looking forward to your good news on your harmony result.
Thks, redvel. I am off the hormones pills since last sunday. Will be off the utrogeston inserts after today. Hopefully the test results will bring gd news and the following days will be uneventful...

Redvel, I have done it before. I took no pay leave after discovering 3rd time preggie cos first 2 times all miscarriages. yeah is worth it when I look back. I even dun go to get award from president that time. Looking back , is worth it with my gal now. those award tin can wait. Cos I dun wan to have any regret when anything happen during pregnancy cos mine is high risk pregnancy.

Likely I will do the same the moment preggie. take it as a break. Anyway so long as we dun spend much, everything still okie.

redvel : I learnt a lot from Hazel whom always encourage me. Still remember what she shared with me. Child bearing only for these few years but career can be made back after u have given birth. Always grateful to Hazel whom helped me a lot when I have negative tots last time :)

Hope you don't misunderstand me, I agree your point on commitment, but it's different fr loyalty. :) Enough said, think you will make the right decision when the time comes.

redvel, when the time comes to make the decision, I am sure your heart will be clear. don't worry about it now. stay positive and happy.

plus in the end when you BFP and believe you need the bed rest to stay away from the stress, speak to the doctors whom all understand the situation and perhaps they may even prescribe compulsory bed rest given you 2 MC history. Dont let worry worry you, until worry worries you :) Good luck! really hoping your endo scratch will be the miracle.

@punpui, thanks for sharing your story. Did u get the same doc for your 2nd cycle? Where you did yours?

What did you eat during stim and 2ww? can share?

My 2nd cycle is wif dr Matthew lau @ KKIVF..

In 2ww I eat as normal more to soup or steam type.. I ordered tingkat food on lunch n cook either bee Hoon soup, Instant noddles or brown rice to go wif it.. Dinner I eat more to fish, veg, fruit.. Brazil nut, hard boiled egg white too.. Will cook red bean soup n drink red dates w longan n Wolfberries tea..
Red bean soup n red dates tea cannot take to much cos too heat till cannot poo..

Redvel, I have done it before. I took no pay leave after discovering 3rd time preggie cos first 2 times all miscarriages. yeah is worth it when I look back. I even dun go to get award from president that time. Looking back , is worth it with my gal now. those award tin can wait. Cos I dun wan to have any regret when anything happen during pregnancy cos mine is high risk pregnancy.

Likely I will do the same the moment preggie. take it as a break. Anyway so long as we dun spend much, everything still okie.

Sunbelle, you straight away go on leave after the doc confirmation? I have the thought of resting well for my next bfp..must try my best to keep. U have any spotting issues then?

Ladies can i ask if anyone is planning to take no pay leave or even considering quitting her job when bfp?

As I'm high risk and have had 2 MCs, and my ex sinseh adviced me to rest at home after bfp, I've been toying the thoughts.

Anyone has done it or is planning to?

I had 2 miscarriages where one was at 20 wks pregnant. But i did not take no pay leave when i was pregnant the third time which was a successful live birth.

Hi everyone! I failed my 1st IVF 4 years ago with only 1 egg transferred. Though 3 were fertilised, only 1 managed to make it. Recently, I'm considering to try ivf again but afraid of failure again. Started tcm and acupuncture 3 mths back.

Anyone failed 1st cycle due to poor egg quality but succeed in 2nd cycle?
Me Me! 1st ivf short cycle. 23 eggs retrieved but 1 successful embryo. End up chemical pregnant.

2nd ivf is long cycle with saizen. 35 eggs retrieved and 6 successful embryos. Bfp with singleton!

Me Me! 1st ivf short cycle. 23 eggs retrieved but 1 successful embryo. End up chemical pregnant.

2nd ivf is long cycle with saizen. 35 eggs retrieved and 6 successful embryos. Bfp with singleton!

My first one is long cycle and 2nd is short cycle with puregon and saizen....

Hi Sisters here...
Is any sisters here under IVF and BFP in KKH? Can we change gynae to other hospital or we have to stick to the same doc in KKH?

Hi Sisters here...
Is any sisters here under IVF and BFP in KKH? Can we change gynae to other hospital or we have to stick to the same doc in KKH?

once you are stable in your 2nd trimester...best after detailed scan.. you are free to visit any pte gynae ... though i am not sure if you can change gynae within KKH

Hi, can anyone advise if we can switch to pte gynae after kkh confirmed the pregnancy? Kkh just confirmed my pregnancy today.(after 2 failed hpt, the blood test was a BFP! Thank god!)

Now the troubling thing is the nature of my work requires me to constantly move around and to climb up and down the stairs, so I'm wondering if hospitalization leave can be requested from kkh doctor for the next two week till the scan report is out?

Baby dust to all!<3

Hi, can anyone advise if we can switch to pte gynae after kkh confirmed the pregnancy? Kkh just confirmed my pregnancy today.(after 2 failed hpt, the blood test was a BFP! Thank god!)

Now the troubling thing is the nature of my work requires me to constantly move around and to climb up and down the stairs, so I'm wondering if hospitalization leave can be requested from kkh doctor for the next two week till the scan report is out?

Baby dust to all!<3

Congrats to you!! Welcome to the mummy club..

Maybe you can try to ask the dr in KKH for HL since your job require you to constantly move ard and climb up and down the stairs... Or you may inform your boss that you are pregnant now and cannot have constantly move ard and also climb up and down the stairs so much...

@hopeful13, can i chk when did u fix ur next appt after SIS? my SIS is this upcoming mon. was told to book an appt for doc review ard 2 wks after e SIS but its such a long wait. there is actually slots on 22 july for doc review but then i was told my results from SIS wont be avail yet. hiaz bummer!

wonder when will we actually get to e IVF part. 1st appt was on 24 june. asked to do SIS on next mentrual cycle and 2nd doc review is only on 5 aug! was still hoping to do actual IVF in aug/sept but looks like not likely hor??
Hi dramaqueenie, I made appt to see the dr immediately after I secure appt for SIS. I had appt to see dr tan HH on 22nd July. Maybe u try to book the earliest slot they have first then maybe periodically call to ask if have earlier appt?

I was suppose to start 2nd fresh in July but becos dr tan ask me to do SIS, I had to postpone the cycle. And now dunno if I have adhesion as ivf will definitely be postpone till even later.

Baby dust to all!<3
Congrats and welcome to the club!

You can explain to the dr on the requirements of yr job and ask for an extension of yr hl. They may oblige for a week if not two. Or you can go to a pte gynae and explained that u r an ivf case and get them to give.

Thanks pupnui!
My job not possible to get npl at this period. My boss already rejected my requests(sadly). Hopefully the pte clinic will be kind enough to give me hl till end of first trimester! Wish me luck! :>

Thanks pupnui!
My job not possible to get npl at this period. My boss already rejected my requests(sadly). Hopefully the pte clinic will be kind enough to give me hl till end of first trimester! Wish me luck! :>

usually a company max HL is 60-90 days per year... if you have used HL for IVF, your company may not extend your HL... right @portia3 ?

Wow both side you seeing.. Expensive anot? BTW, which pte you seeing?
This pregnancy is worth every single cent i spend.

I do that cos i wanted assurance plus quality service without horrendous waiting time. At the same time, we were assessing the 2 drs we are seeing to see which we are more comfy with.

This pregnancy is worth every single cent i spend.

I do that cos i wanted assurance plus quality service without horrendous waiting time. At the same time, we were assessing the 2 drs we are seeing to see which we are more comfy with.

Can I know which Pte dr u go to?

usually a company max HL is 60-90 days per year... if you have used HL for IVF, your company may not extend your HL... right @portia3 ?

Max hl inclusive of mc is 60 days according to MOM employment act. As long as yr total hl n mc taken so far has not exceeded the 60 days limit, the company is oblige to honour the extended hl.

However, do note that long absence from work will also affect yr performance assessment as appraisal of performance are relative to those of others. Your perfptmance bonus n increment or even promotion can be affected.

Thanks Portia3! I think I better go pte clinic! Can't afford to risk anything now :>

Hi Juzkelle, congrats!! Is this your first baby?

You might want to talk to your KKH gynae first before going to pte gynae. I have just extended a week from SGH after 2WW. Not all pte gynaes are generous with HL and MC. I have heard many experiences from friends that their pte gynaes not accommodating at all. Some worse than GPs.

Last edited:

Back