IVF/ICSI Support Group

Actually I abit forget the dates already but I remember I had stimulation jab for close to 12-13 days. My eggs were not responding fast enough and I remember I need to add in another jab in the last 2-3 days. My trigger happen after day 13 and er I think few days after. I was on long protocol. But the last scan before trigger I remember my paper left right follicles adds up less than 20 and doc even told me roughly how many follicles will contain eggs. Who knows my er day the nurse gold me 34 retrieve when I woke up from my sleep. I was also shock even thought the nurse see wrong records. Don't know what happen too but in end only 24 fertilise and 10 make it for day 5 transfer. Imagine that 5 days so many eggs died.

Hi sister,

10 embryos is a Very good haul already. I wish I have that many!Did you get OHSS after ER? Drs told me that OHSS is high if more than 20 retrieved.

I urge all sisters who are waiting to see Dr Tan or Dr S or have their scans done to be patient. There's only one Dr Tan and one Dr S and they have to see so many patients everyday. I believe they are even more exhausted than us because they don't just see patients at Clinic D. They also have to run around to do ER/ET/delivery (for Dr Tan) in the midst of seeing patients at Clinic D. Hence, explains the long waiting hours. The nurses are also in a difficult position. Maybe we are so used to living in a fast paced environment that we always want everything fast. Sometimes somethings are not meant to be rushed. Maybe we can make use of the long waiting time to slow things down, take a deep breath and appreciate all the little things around you in life.

I work in a very fast paced environment so every time I go for my appointments, I always take one full day off because I don't like to rush here and there during appointments. Appointment days are days I get in tune with myself. Yes I agree on the long waiting time. I will always walk around KKH, read things that are on the walls. Sometimes, I bring my diary to do some reflections. Sometimes, I take a nap (yes I can sleep while sitting on the chair). Just think of different things to do during the waiting time. Very soon your name will be called next. :)
Agree witb you, Faithfullyyours

l usually take half a day off too and spent the time reading a book or watching the health videos there. Sometimes, we really need to adjust and learn how to slow down.Fast pace is never good for conceiving and pnegnany anyway.

l worked too hard in the last few years and the stress was tremendous. That was part of the cause of my hypertension. So ladies, We should try to team two to chill And BFP together!

Mesara,

l started feeling 'heaty' and had a slight dry and sore throat since my 3rd day of stimulation. I fought the heat ness with lots of water and UMF 20+ manuka honey. Now there are some phlegm. Did you experience this too? l don't remember having this at all in my first cycle. And l have been really thirsty and ache-ky these days on top of the bloatedness and slight cramps on the sides of my lower abdomen.

Any other sisters with similar experience?

Getiing extra manpower means increase cost.

Actually the no of patients it has now is not as bad as during sf loh days. So, i believe is not just manpower issue. Eg, i noticed scanning starts after 8am now. During sf days, it startes at 8, if not slightly earlier. Sf is strict n a workaholic, his medical staff has to support him for tt. I saw a no of new procedures implemented at kkivf since sf left, eg pressing queue no, etc. There was no such issue previously under sf.

The current problem can be a result of current Management style too.

I have not visited this forum for quite some time after my failed fresh cycle Ivf in Feb this year. I am glad to see that many sisters have got BFP naturally or though Ivf etc. I didn't my endo scratch last week and am ready to move on. Good luck to all of us!!!!

Hi sister,

10 embryos is a Very good haul already. I wish I have that many!Did you get OHSS after ER? Drs told me that OHSS is high if more than 20 retrieved.

Yes I am thankful got 10 blasts from the 1st cycle. The embryologist herself told me probably their best record so far. Count myself lucky too I didn get ohss. In fact after retrieval doc already clear me of ohss didn ask me to go back take blood test too to check. Maybe from the stomach he see no signs of bloatedness at all. My tummy wasn't bloated during stimulation jabs so I also didn expect so many follicles growing inside plus scan doesn't show that many. Maybe my doc during er just manage to retrieve all at all positions hahaha.

Oh dear... I didn't know the review doc makes the decision. I thought after review & scan, dr tan will check the reports & make decisions.
Like that got to be more alert and ask more questions. makes me a bit worried now :(

Oh dear... I didn't know the review doc makes the decision. I thought after review & scan, dr tan will check the reports & make decisions.
Like that got to be more alert and ask more questions. makes me a bit worried now :(
@Babygrin.. Dont worry.. Just listen to what they say and if in doubt, ask..

Ladies, does any of your hubbies accompany you for all your appts?..

Portia u also seem to have had a tough time with the review doc. Me too.. am.rushing off somewhere. Will reply posts later. Lucky we have our god saviour dr loh for first ot sevond opinion. He also felt if I trigger tonight v early n y doc made such a decision....haizzz. k catck up later ya. Going to market to get fresh threadfin

In the previous cycle, I asked my hubby to accompany me only when he is required to be around, or if it is a Sat, coz I don't want him to be late for work & make his boss unhappy. Even when I am the first to be scanned, I can never make it to office by 9am. My boss is more understanding so I am ok to reach office at 9+. Hubby will drive me to the hospital before going to work.

Babygrin,

I wasn't aware of it in my first cycle as well. Now I know better. This time round, I also found out something new. The review does are not used to patients suggesting alternatives and asking them 'why'. So they may make a little marking across your name Label on your forms or appt card to 'warn' the nurses and docs that you are a more 'inquisitive' patient. l found this out from Drloh when I showed him my IVF protocol schedule. :) He told me he was the one who started the practice when he was in KKH. LOL.

Yep. So yes, I have been labelled as a 'challenging' patient.

Mesara, do a dude on your name label on your forms and appt card . see if you have been 'marked' as well. Hee hee.

@Babygrin.. Dont worry.. Just listen to what they say and if in doubt, ask..

Ladies, does any of your hubbies accompany you for all your appts?..
rachelt,

I went for most of the appts alone in my 1st cycle. Now, I make surehe goes for every single one. C want him to go through the whole journey with me. Then he will at least understand and appreciate the long boring wait, the frustration, the pain, the helplessness I have to go through. I even make him jab me daily even though I can do it myself after the first cycle. lam scared of needles and so is he. l had to overcome my fear and bear the pain. 1 think it is good for him to go through the fear andunderstand what the whole process entails. Only then will he understand and appreciate what I am going through.

Portia u also seem to have had a tough time with the review doc. Me too.. am.rushing off somewhere. Will reply posts later. Lucky we have our god saviour dr loh for first ot sevond opinion. He also felt if I trigger tonight v early n y doc made such a decision....haizzz. k catck up later ya. Going to market to get fresh threadfin
Yes, mesara.

l had to negotiate quite a bit to get my questions answered. I am sure Dr Jessie Poon is not used to patients challenging her decision. I think our medical team here needs to understand that with internet and availability of info at our finger tips, they cannot expect patients to just accept their decisions all the time without questioning. By that, I do not mean that we have to be rude or difficult and neither am I doubting their capability or professionalism. I am merely trying to understand the rationale behind a decision and opening it up for a discussion which may set the patient at ease and build better trust and better relationship between the patient and the medical team.

rachelt,

I went for most of the appts alone in my 1st cycle. Now, I make surehe goes for every single one. C want him to go through the whole journey with me. Then he will at least understand and appreciate the long boring wait, the frustration, the pain, the helplessness I have to go through. I even make him jab me daily even though I can do it myself after the first cycle. lam scared of needles and so is he. l had to overcome my fear and bear the pain. 1 think it is good for him to go through the fear andunderstand what the whole process entails. Only then will he understand and appreciate what I am going through.
@portia3.. my sentiments too.. even tho we've not started.. he's agreed (on his own) to go to every appt with me.. and will learn how to jab me.. i'm very grateful that he's willing to go thru the whole procedure.. to know what i'm going thru.. and I'd say hubbies should be encouraged to attend with wives.. so they know what's going on..

Baby spa
Thh is a good doc. its the review doc that i dont really trust cos one of them misjudged my FET date which could mean i have the risk of having nothing to ET. Luckily THH intercepted and changed the whole strategy.
Babysparkles u mean this fet they misjudge. Haiya. How u get to talk to dr tan. I jus sounded the review doctor off then he agree to postpone trigger.

Baby spa
Thh is a good doc. its the review doc that i dont really trust cos one of them misjudged my FET date which could mean i have the risk of having nothing to ET. Luckily THH intercepted and changed the whole strategy.
Babysparkles u mean this fet they misjudge. Haiya. How u get to talk to dr tan. I jus sounded the review doctor off then he agree to postpone trigger.

hi sistas, i'm doing my fet (natural) early next wk (if everything goes smooth)... now all fingers and toes r crossed... The last time i did my fet was in 2010 and i hv forgotten what i hv to do now... I hv a few qns to ask:
- any recommendations on how to increase lining thickness? my lining is only 4.8mm on CD10. Do the hospitals have a min thickness in order to allow a person to do ET? I hv been taking red bean soup...
- is there any to do/not-to-do list I can hv reference pls?
- I rem reading we r not supposed to drive during 2ww... any idea why? :p

thanks!! :)
Red bean soup works well gal. Try tat

Portia tomorrow u got scan n tomorrow nite trigger ar. Me also insisted for e2 n scan for tomorrow n trigger will be tomorrow nite. My lining was 8.3 triple on sat. 4 follicles on right and 4 on left.

Alamak me also was not briefed on when dh has to clear soldiers. Lucky u mention. So today must clear is it if wed er??

My intralipid 1330 tomorrow. Why given only 200 out of 500 gal. How long it took ar. N total u paid abt 300 is it.

Portia I experienced all tat u mentioned in my first cycle not this cycle. U take care. I feel heaty coz am also taking tcm herbs and today abit crampy n bloated. My last cycle miserable. Bloated pain cant sit or lie down.

Portia tomorrow u got scan n tomorrow nite trigger ar. Me also insisted for e2 n scan for tomorrow n trigger will be tomorrow nite. My lining was 8.3 triple on sat. 4 follicles on right and 4 on left.

Alamak me also was not briefed on when dh has to clear soldiers. Lucky u mention. So today must clear is it if wed er??

My intralipid 1330 tomorrow. Why given only 200 out of 500 gal. How long it took ar. N total u paid abt 300 is it.
Yes, mesara.

l will be doing my 3rd scan and triggertomorrow nite. 1 didn't have a scan yesterday. Hopefully, will have at least 10mm by tomorrow morning (after 9 days of Stimulation). I have been eating red bean soup and doing acupuncture for these 2 days. will probably do so tomorrow as well.

The clearing of sperm was suppose to be done last night for Wednesday ER. I think it is not too late yet if you do today. But if your hubby had a 'practice' on Friday already then maybe no need to dear again.

Not sure why only give 200ml out of 500ml. But I reckon it will be difficult for the body to breakdown half a litre of fats all at once. The cost is $300 plus in total.

Portia I experienced all tat u mentioned in my first cycle not this cycle. U take care. I feel heaty coz am also taking tcm herbs and today abit crampy n bloated. My last cycle miserable. Bloated pain cant sit or lie down.
Your last cycle sounds bad! I was bloated the last time too but not until can't sit or lie down. This time round, I think it is due to the TCm herbs and red date tea, and probably the additional Saizen jab.

oh ya. My breast also feel sore. tt think Saizen is the culprit as 1 think I read somewhere that it will Cause soreness. May I know what protocol you are given this time? Are you on faizen or DHEA? Any endo scratch done?

Tell u my last cycle I stim for 14 days. Just gonal f and cetrotide low dose. Bloat till cant even sleep side ways. Felt v heavy. Think this time since am on suppression jab lucrin no af am feeling much better. Ag is my biggest enemy. Land me in hospital in dying pain. This cycle no endo scratch. Last cycle I did moxibustion and endo scratch. This time I had two months regular acu with dr que at marine parade and took his brewed herbs too plus ibtralipid tomorrow. Wish us success this time gal as we same day trigger n er. Will be at kkh for scan tomorrow. Wonder wat time trigger at night.

Tsf I took lucrin 11.25 mg on 7 feb. Lap on 3 feb. And I started stim on 18 apr which is ten weeks later.

Mesara, how are the 10 weeks jab taken? How much r the jabs? And what happens after 10 weeks? I should be following yr protocol for yr next Ivf. Asking for some advise.

Tell u my last cycle I stim for 14 days. Just gonal f and cetrotide low dose. Bloat till cant even sleep side ways. Felt v heavy. Think this time since am on suppression jab lucrin no af am feeling much better. Ag is my biggest enemy. Land me in hospital in dying pain. This cycle no endo scratch. Last cycle I did moxibustion and endo scratch. This time I had two months regular acu with dr que at marine parade and took his brewed herbs too plus ibtralipid tomorrow. Wish us success this time gal as we same day trigger n er. Will be at kkh for scan tomorrow. Wonder wat time trigger at night.

Tsf I took lucrin 11.25 mg on 7 feb. Lap on 3 feb. And I started stim on 18 apr which is ten weeks later.
l was on Gonad F the last round and had Ganirelix to suppress at the start (1st 3 days). Maybe It is due tothe suppression at the start, my eggs growth was slower. This time, I requested Dr S to do away with the suppression at the beginning and the growth is better. Hopefully, this also means better quality.

I will try and be early tomorrow cos l want try and go for another round of acupuncture in the morning after the scan before the trigger shot at night.

I have a feeling that Wed will be another busy day at KKIVF. l think they will try and do a number of ER cos Thursday is PH.

Tell u my last cycle I stim for 14 days. Just gonal f and cetrotide low dose. Bloat till cant even sleep side ways. Felt v heavy. Think this time since am on suppression jab lucrin no af am feeling much better. Ag is my biggest enemy. Land me in hospital in dying pain. This cycle no endo scratch. Last cycle I did moxibustion and endo scratch. This time I had two months regular acu with dr que at marine parade and took his brewed herbs too plus ibtralipid tomorrow. Wish us success this time gal as we same day trigger n er. Will be at kkh for scan tomorrow. Wonder wat time trigger at night. This time am only on puRegon 300 n menopur 150.

Wat is meanibg of triple gal. Will u go n see dr loh. R u done at kkh. I am waiting to see review doc. I think I want to be stim for today n if possible tomorrow. They r planning to trigger me tonight. I need to see dr tan but I don't knw if hes here n avail to see me. I don't knw hw also.

When is yr trigger

Nuh waited for follies to be 18-20 mm b4 trigger. Here wonder why they rushing me. Right side tho got 4 follicles I have 2 cysts also. In case right side can't retrieve at all n left only one matured I mite be left with one or none at er. Sob sob sob..no one seems to understand me. God hope u r hearing me at least.....

@mesara I've seen ladies going to clinic D knock on the door & say they need to see dr tan but got no appt. Nurse say ok but have to wait. Maybe u shd walk over & try. Just that not sure if he is ard today.

@mesara I've seen ladies going to clinic D knock on the door & say they need to see dr tan but got no appt. Nurse say ok but have to wait. Maybe u shd walk over & try. Just that not sure if he is ard today.
Ya.. @Babygrin.. i oso saw before.. my first appt i saw some couples walk over.. knock door.. and told felicia needa tok to dr tan for a while.. all no appt one.. she let em see him..

Today he is in operating theatre whole day. Just requested review dr let me stim today n trigger tonight n proceed with er on wed per schedule. Thu is a holiday n fri she said my lining mite be old. Tat made sense. Anyway I am seeing dr loh at 130 later. Will ask him too.

Thanks sisters. Really tough n challenging journey.

Mesara,

Mine is not favorable too... lining is only 8mm and no triple this this. This is despite going for acupuncture and eating red bean soup for the last 2 days. Now worried....

You dun need to triple lining to get pregnant. Someone i know dun hv triple lining and pregnant w twins when she transferred only one embyro!

8mm is good enough to proceed. Good luck!

I approached Dr Veronique to seek Dr Tan opinion as am unable to see him. So she called him and he said let me atim tomorrow trigger wed nite and fri er. Was praying in my heart for god to guide me. Relieved as tge decision came frm dr tan.

If I had listened to review doc on sat n trigger sunday might have one or none for er tomorrow. Good to voice out concernn n open for discussion sisters.

Mesara, glad to hear that. Good luck for ER on fri :)

Today went kkh for 1st scan & collect med. Suprisingly, not as crowded as I thought. I start the paperwork, scan & urine test ard 8am and finished by 830. Go pharmacy only waited for abt 10 mins & out of kkh by 845.

Good for u babygrin. I came at 830 and still here waiting to collect jabs for tomorrow.

After this off to dr loh for intralipid at 130.Think maybe finish at 5 then off to acupuncture. Whole day event ;)

@nervous_babe I promised I will update you on my protocol.

1st scan today and to my relieve, no cyst found. No follicle on the left but 4 on the right. Asked nurse if that determines won't have follicle on the left, she said no bcoz today D2 menses so sometimes follicles not visible during scan. Keeping my fingers crossed but at least got 4 on the right, better than previous cycle which I have only one follicle.

Start Letrozole pill 2.5mg today for 5 days. 2nd scan on sat to see if more follies are growing, then start menopur stim. From the look of it, I probably need to stim for only one week with min dose. Hubby will start antibiotics tomorrow for one week.

Nurse said my timing quite good... Won't hit public holiday and before dr tan goes on leave, my procedure would have finished. Will update u again on my 2nd scan this sat :)

Got a question sisters. Since my lining is ok and only follicles need to catch up shud I still continue acu. Do u think lining will become too thick.

Thk u babygrin, I wish u luck in this cycle and may our dream come true soon. U continue ur DHEA? What's your lining?

Masara I would think is gd to go acu as u need to have gd follicles size and eggs to proceed to next steps. Too many worries along the way, we gona go 1step at a time to clear to next level. Gd luck, I can feel ur fear and anxiety.

My dilemma

right ovary: 16, 15, 14.5, 10.5, 7
left ovary: 19.5, 14, 12, 12, 8, 7.5, 7
lining thickness : 11 triple

Actually all your figures look good mesara. Your lining is more than mine at my last scan and follicles all seems to be growing well. Wishing u success this round. :)

Oh forgot to tell you @nervous_babe ... Nurse said continue dhea and stop one day before et.
Asked her if I can continue CoQ10 & fish oil, she said can. She said if I am taking prenatal vitamins then no need extra folic acid, but I don't believe her... Haha.

So I will continue dhea, fish oil, CoQ10, french pine bark, royal jelly, bee pollen, folic acid, prenatal vit, tcm, immunocal and ensure. I have stopped vitex and evening primrose oil. When the stim starts, I will stop royal jelly & bee pollen. I am also taking powder mixture of wheat grass, barley grass, chlorella, kelp and brown rice to lower fsh and improve egg health. Am also taking maximum greens mixture for smooth bowel. Used to be doing acu 2 to 3 times per week but my tcm doc said I need to do it daily from today onwards.

Back