IVF/ICSI Support Group

hey hey!

The embryologist called yesterday. two of the eggs are still growing. Although it is of satisfactory grade one. One is 4 cell and one is 3 cell.
But she said they are good enough to be transferred. Im trying to be positive and keep thinking that these two fighters will win the race eventually

Egg Transfer tomorrow!
@deardyan.. That's good news! All the best for tmr's ER.. 加油!

Last time they gave me appt to see Dr S at clinic D and I make a big fuss and complain that why I have lesser access to doctors when I am at TPS and the next thing is they gave me appt to see her at TPS. But this time round it seems like the nurses at TPS say Dr S no longer see patients at TPS as all is consolidated at clinic D as is at request of Dr S.

@rachelt, maybe yr next visit u ask Dr Tan HH if can transfer you to TPS. Frankly, sometimes I dun trust what the nurses say. My next visit to see Dr S, I will ask her personally.
Yup.. Next Friday I'll ask him straight in the face.. Lol..

Just finished day 9 scan with 8 days stim. My follies range from 9-18mm. Its just a roller coaster ride man. First ivf so smooth. All evenly growing. Now am so confused wonder whats gonna happen to the big ones n small ones. Will they catch up or be wasted. Haizz

And dr loh clinic no reply despite calling them and leaving then emails. Am just gonna walk in and check out on intralipid

Ok am in a mess now. Just gave a piece of mind to the review doc. I have one follie 18mm the rest all 14 and below and he wants me to trigger tomorrow night scared I miss the big one. And he spoke so negative is I wait its me call n all. Gosh. So mad man. I told him I will do e2 n estimate hw many eggs then decide. He kept telling the small ones may not all grow. Below 15 is really like getting unmatured ones le I feel. I have 7 follies n coz of one dominant one he push me. Haizzz this kk ar. Wanna seek opinion with dr loh n hes only in tmc noon. Its gonna be a hectic real hectic day for me sisters. Kk wanna do trigger tomorrow then er tue. Think its better I give 2 more days for my dear eggies to grow and give them chance. Haizzzzzź

Hey mesara,

U had one mature follicles previously too. It was overgrown right from the start so the doc didnt concentrate on that big one. Instead wait for the others to grow. At my very last scan, It was 25mm and the rest about 17mm.
Then only he ordered for trigger shot. He dont want to trigger too early cos obviously that 25mm too big from the rest so he concentrated on the rest instead.
I think he should not ask u to trigger yet. What if that big follicle no egg? Then u wasted liao

Anyway i just did my ET!

Remember i had satisfactory grade eggs?
A 4-cell and a 3-cell?
Amazingly, they to 8-cell and a 6-cell overnight!

So we transferred both this morning. Its the start of my 2ww!

Thatt y deardyan am sooo mad at him. Any sane persin cud make this judgement right. Horrible la they. Make me angry.
Anyway goodluck to you dear. Shall join u soon ;)

Mesara back then doing fresh I also got only 1 big follicle that meet the size requirements and the rest were small but doctor say after trigger those at 14 will grow and probably I will have 12-16 eggs but during retrieval I got 34 eggs so anything is still possible. My scan during fresh only show less than 20 follicles which includes the small one. Jiayou dear be positive.

Thanks iwantahealthybaby but I got 6 follicles that are 9-11mm today. Trigger tomorrow is too fast isnt it gal. Just coz 1 18mm

Dear sisters, jus an update. I had a lap last thu with Dr Loh, sadly the endometrisis has affected my left n right ovary.....
I guess my AMH will become quite low... Will do the test next week. The GA hit me real hard. Jus discharged tdy. Dr Loh said that he will give me 2 jabs to stop my AF for 10 weeks. Any sisters gg through this can share their experience??

Hey tsf hope u r recovering well. Dr loh remove anything from ovary?? Me also after lap 10 weeks jab then started fresh. Dont worry u r in good hands. Am going to see dr loh nw

Sisters I need to dial kkivf for my e2 results n they r close. Anyway to reach them. They r supposed to call me by 12. Chasing these ppl haiya

Tell me abt it gal. Hows lining. I got kk at 745am and left at 1145. Scan doc review bt collect med..waiting so long for doc review after scan

lining is ok.. 10.4 triple.

i reached at 830 but left almost 12 ..:( had a 20min makan time in between. waiting at pharmacy is bad too
Kkh has been super crowded! Even on my er day, it took 30 mins just for the registration to call me and send me into the operating area. Luckily I was early.

Sparkles, your lining looks good!!! You are in a good stead!

Waa... sisters... Sounds like kkh quite chaotic leh. Monday I'm going down for scan & collect med for D1 stim.
So go directly to IVF centre & take q no issit? Press which button huh? I only know got 4 buttons there :D

A follicle grows at avg of 2~3mm a day. And high chance of egg inside if the follicle is 14mm and above. Small follicles may not necessary grow to hit 14mm and above. ALso when follicle becomes too big, the eggs will be too old.

If trigger short is tomorrow and the scan was this morning, that means tt the follicle can grow another 4mm at least. If so, u shld hv a no beyond 14mm.

Is nv an easy decision to make the call when to trigger. I wun challenge the review drs BUT I will highlight to them my concern in case they overlook it. If still doubtful, i will request the review drs to call my ivf dr and check his view. The reivew drs at kkivf, only those few, the french black dr, dr veronique n dr jessie, dr steven teo usually.. i hv met all 3 of them and spoken to them, they r all not bad and v patient to address my concerns... wun chase me out..

Is a tough call for them to decide when is the best time for trigger shot esp wheN the follicle size varies alot.. Their objective is for us to hv as many eggs retrieved a possible.. if trigger on Monday night and ur small follicles stop growing and ur bigger follicles today hv overgrown how? Also, after trigger shot, the follicles will still grow abit.

Like wat he said, u hv to bear the consequences.

Monday n Saturday r v crowded at kkivf. Unless is scheduled scan tt cannot avoid, if not, skip these 2 days if possible.

Last edited:
Their charges r the cheapest even comparing w sgh n nuh. If sisrers wan more one to one service or less crowds, kkivf may not b a gd choice for them. If they r willing to pay more for shorter waiting time and more attentive service, they can go sgh or nuh. Best, go tmfc to see dr loh.

If not, dun complain when u r paying lesser. I m happy w KKH. My daughter was born in tmc delivered by dr loh. I brought her back to pd at kkh.

Hey tsf hope u r recovering well. Dr loh remove anything from ovary?? Me also after lap 10 weeks jab then started fresh. Dont worry u r in good hands. Am going to see dr loh nw
Hi mesara, dr log removed cyst n endo from both ovaries...
Checking with you, do u have to wait for yr AF to report after 10 weeks before starting the Ivf cycle?
Which doc are u with now? Who helped u did lap previously??

Btw, dr Loh did not managed to remove all the endo as he found some on the small intestine as well... My endo was everywhere I think.. Only relieved is womb and tubes are ok. He feels that removing from the small intestine is risky... I'm worried that the endo will start growing again frm there....

Rachelt I rushed down to see dr loh after kk. Just saw him waited from 1330. Requested him to scan me. He ssid I shud stim tomorrow trigger monday n retrieve wed. Thank god. Same as my decision.

He was shocked why during my lap I had 3 cysts but dr tan only removed one. He said simple to remove the other two. He said womb developing fibroid. I just listened wat can I say. He said u can do intralipid monday noon. He told me to tell dr tan to retrieve all eggs frm right even if have to go thru cysts. And my right ovary is normal and not high as mentioned by nuh previously.

I just listened. Appreciated his time and left. The challenging journey continues..............

Rachelt I rushed down to see dr loh after kk. Just saw him waited from 1330. Requested him to scan me. He ssid I shud stim tomorrow trigger monday n retrieve wed. Thank god. Same as my decision.

He was shocked why during my lap I had 3 cysts but dr tan only removed one. He said simple to remove the other two. He said womb developing fibroid. I just listened wat can I say. He said u can do intralipid monday noon. He told me to tell dr tan to retrieve all eggs frm right even if have to go thru cysts. And my right ovary is normal and not high as mentioned by nuh previously.

I just listened. Appreciated his time and left. The challenging journey continues..............
Were you under Prof previously? How come you decide to leave and go KKH? You utilizing the co-pay benefits for your IVF?
TSB initially asked us to go Dr Loh for our IVF.. But we feel.. Since we pay so much income tax every year.. Must utilize the co-pay benefits abit.. Lol..

hi sistas, i'm doing my fet (natural) early next wk (if everything goes smooth)... now all fingers and toes r crossed... The last time i did my fet was in 2010 and i hv forgotten what i hv to do now... I hv a few qns to ask:
- any recommendations on how to increase lining thickness? my lining is only 4.8mm on CD10. Do the hospitals have a min thickness in order to allow a person to do ET? I hv been taking red bean soup...
- is there any to do/not-to-do list I can hv reference pls?
- I rem reading we r not supposed to drive during 2ww... any idea why? :p

thanks!! :)

Rachelt ya my first fresh with prof. Then he said have to remove my cyst for next cycle so I went to kkh for lap a am fully covered there n not in nuh. Frm there just do ivf under dr tan.

Mesara I thought tan hh is a good Ivf doc? I'm surprised he didn't remove all cysts... Hmm... Was thinking to change under him... Having second thoughts now since he can't decide the trigger shot... Cos it's a crucial shot!

Hey tsf tanhh is a good doc. But dont knw what issue he face lor. The trigger shot was not him who cant decide it was a review doctor

Portia how was yr scan and intralipid session
Hi Mesara,

Friday is also a very busy day at KKIVF . I arrived at 7.20am and there as a queue forming outside the door.

I was lucky to be the 3 rd in the queue for scan. Compared to my 7th day stimulation scan from my 1st cycle in Jan, my results seems to be better in terms of growth rate and lining thickness.I have possibly 14 viable follicles.:

right ovary: 13, 13, 12.5, 12, 12, 10, 9.5, 9
left ovary: 14, 11, 10.5, 9, 8.5, 8
lining thickness : 6.8 triple

l was given 3 more days of stimulation with 300 units of Puregon, Saizen and Ganirelix. However, I was not happy with the review doc as she told me that there is no need for a 3rd scan. she wants to order for a trigger on Monday night for ER on Wednesday.

I was not comfortable with it as I think I need to know the lining thickness before l feel secure with proceeding on Wed.(My 1st cycle, 1 only managed 8mm on day 8 of slimulation. They triggered on day 10.) . | had to Insiston the 3rd scan before she gave in. Not happy with that!

Also, hubby and I found that this team is not as meticulous as the team in Jan.They did not tell hubby when to dear sperm and did not issue the collection bottle. We had to Call back and ask. And the nurse on the phone kept insisting that there is no need to clear even when we told her that in the Jan cycle, the doc specifically told us to do so a few days before ER! Of course, we didn't believe her and insist that she check with the review doc. But she was too lazy to do so. Hence, we decided to confirm with Dr Loh.

I told Dr Loh about the absence of the 3rd scan and he was also very surprised. He also feel that another scan is necessary to confirm the status before ER. And he also confirmed that hubby needs to clear his sperm today before ER on next Wed. Definitely not happy With this team!

The Intralipid eatment is an IV drip. we arrived at his TMC O&G clinic at 1.45 pm and had to wait till 3pm before the drip is at the right temperature to be administered. lt is a milky white oil base liquid that is about 500ML. But only 200ML is given. I had no side effects after that except that my hand feels numb from not moving and the skin around the IV spot was really smooth.

hi all,i'm in the mid of IVF. may i know when is the right time for acupuncture? and can recommend which TCM is good?
Hi Jocelynlimse,

l stared acupuncture to tiao my body in early Feb; right after I failed my 1st fresh cycle. I go to Dr Zuo Yumin at Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 street 53. A lot of ladies see her for acupuncture. 1 went to see her today. Sheleft this afternoon for China and will only be back next Saturday. She has 2 other stand-in doctors coveringher in her absence. l have not met both of them yet. 1 will be seeing one of them tomorrow (Dr Qiu, 1 think) ws my ER is next wed. Need to up the frequency acupuncture.

I see... Dr tan on leave? Will change to him also... Dr Loh say I can only start in July... Mesara, how are the "10 weeks" jabs taken? can you brief me on what happens after 10 weeks? I should be following yr path for my next Ivf journey

Mesara back then doing fresh I also got only 1 big follicle that meet the size requirements and the rest were small but doctor say after trigger those at 14 will grow and probably I will have 12-16 eggs but during retrieval I got 34 eggs so anything is still possible. My scan during fresh only show less than 20 follicles which includes the small one. Jiayou dear be positive.
lwantahealthybaby,

May | know which day of yr stimulations they found 12-lb eggs and how many days later did you do your ER? It is such a big difference in number of follicles!

Thanks circle !!!!

Actually everyday is a busy day at kkh they need to expand facilities n staff manpower
Actually, 1 mentioned to Dr Sadhana that 1 never managed to get through the hotline whenever I call to report my period. She request for me towrite in to feedback cos her requestto hire manpower was rejected!

6.8mm is not ideal. Min is 8mm, yes they shld do another scan to check lining

To call kkivf, must either call just abt 8am or later in the pm after 2. If not, hard to get thru or someone to pick up.

lwantahealthybaby,

May | know which day of yr stimulations they found 12-lb eggs and how many days later did you do your ER? It is such a big difference in number of follicles!

Actually I abit forget the dates already but I remember I had stimulation jab for close to 12-13 days. My eggs were not responding fast enough and I remember I need to add in another jab in the last 2-3 days. My trigger happen after day 13 and er I think few days after. I was on long protocol. But the last scan before trigger I remember my paper left right follicles adds up less than 20 and doc even told me roughly how many follicles will contain eggs. Who knows my er day the nurse gold me 34 retrieve when I woke up from my sleep. I was also shock even thought the nurse see wrong records. Don't know what happen too but in end only 24 fertilise and 10 make it for day 5 transfer. Imagine that 5 days so many eggs died.

I urge all sisters who are waiting to see Dr Tan or Dr S or have their scans done to be patient. There's only one Dr Tan and one Dr S and they have to see so many patients everyday. I believe they are even more exhausted than us because they don't just see patients at Clinic D. They also have to run around to do ER/ET/delivery (for Dr Tan) in the midst of seeing patients at Clinic D. Hence, explains the long waiting hours. The nurses are also in a difficult position. Maybe we are so used to living in a fast paced environment that we always want everything fast. Sometimes somethings are not meant to be rushed. Maybe we can make use of the long waiting time to slow things down, take a deep breath and appreciate all the little things around you in life.

I work in a very fast paced environment so every time I go for my appointments, I always take one full day off because I don't like to rush here and there during appointments. Appointment days are days I get in tune with myself. Yes I agree on the long waiting time. I will always walk around KKH, read things that are on the walls. Sometimes, I bring my diary to do some reflections. Sometimes, I take a nap (yes I can sleep while sitting on the chair). Just think of different things to do during the waiting time. Very soon your name will be called next. :)

6.8mm is not ideal. Min is 8mm, yes they shld do another scan to check lining

To call kkivf, must either call just abt 8am or later in the pm after 2. If not, hard to get thru or someone to pick up.
Yes, Jklim.

l knew 6.8mm is not enuf, even though it is a 'triple'. Hence I request for another scan. Even ifthe doc is confident that it will go beyond 8mm since I have 3 more days of stimulation, I think l still need a scan to confirm just for a peace of mind.

KK usually ask us to call the mobile hotline to inform on our first day of period. However, I never manage toget through. I always have to call the counter line.And these days, theyhave a recorded message telling Us to call only after 8.30 am and does not take messages any more.

1 think we need todo the doctors and nurses a favour byWriting in some feedback. This will help them to get the manpower they need.

Back