IVF/ICSI Support Group

Only at the end of tge luteal phase, ie 14 days wld there be a confirmed pregnancy when tested positive. ANy time before that, the positive may become a negative too at the end of luteal phase. Thats why a pregnancy test for an ivf cycle is always done at the end of luteal phase. For kkivf, it is done a few days after luteal phase ends.

FOr a natural menstrual cycle, luteal phase is counted fr the day after ovulation. FOr ivf cycle, it is counted from the day after ER.

It does not matter if is d3 or d5 after transfer, end of luteal phase is always 14 days. D3 means 11 days more before luteal phase ends. D5 means 9 days more to end of 14 days. Thats what the link above means too.

bT at mid pt of 2ww is just to check if hormones support r adequate to support a
Pregnancy. It is just tt simple. If a confirmed pregnancy can be tested before the 14 days is up, the hospital wun wait for 14 days min after ER to test pregnancy

WHen i was tested positice on the 10 days after ER, ie d2 transfer, 8 days after transfer. I tested w ovulation kit daily after tt. Coz i know it may become negative later.

Even in a natual menstrual cycle, luteal phase is always 14 days. 14 days after ovulation, menses dun come then u test for pregnancy. U dun test before tt coz even if positive, it does not mean it wun be negative.

Is always best not to think so much. Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. My 2 cents worth.

Only at the end of tge luteal phase, ie 14 days wld there be a confirmed pregnancy when tested positive. ANy time before that, the positive may become a negative too at the end of luteal phase. Thats why a pregnancy test for an ivf cycle is always done at the end of luteal phase. For kkivf, it is done a few days after luteal phase ends.

FOr a natural menstrual cycle, luteal phase is counted fr the day after ovulation. FOr ivf cycle, it is counted from the day after ER.

It does not matter if is d3 or d5 after transfer, end of luteal phase is always 14 days. D3 means 11 days more before luteal phase ends. D5 means 9 days more to end of 14 days. Thats what the link above means too.

bT at mid pt of 2ww is just to check if hormones support r adequate to support a
Pregnancy. It is just tt simple. If a confirmed pregnancy can be tested before the 14 days is up, the hospital wun wait for 14 days min after ER to test pregnancy

WHen i was tested positice on the 10 days after ER, ie d2 transfer, 8 days after transfer. I tested w ovulation kit daily after tt. Coz i know it may become negative later.

Even in a natual menstrual cycle, luteal phase is always 14 days. 14 days after ovulation, menses dun come then u test for pregnancy. U dun test before tt coz even if positive, it does not mean it wun be negative.

Is always best not to think so much. Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. My 2 cents worth.

jklim4642, thank you for providing detailed information to us.

jklim4642, thank you for providing detailed information to us.[/quote]
Just wonder why kkivf dun provide the mid phase BT patients to monitor the horemone level like other clinics :(

Hi ladies!

Happy lunar new year to all!

I'm waiting for my Feb cycle to come, then will start on my first IVF cycle @ Kkh.

Pray that this horse year will be the year for all of us! :)
Hi, footprints,

This is my first cycle too. I am seeing Dr Sadhana at Kkh. Which doctor is doing your case?

I'm currently on my 9dp2dt. Now waiting n praying anxiously for a BFP to show up....

Hi Portia3, how do you feel now?

Hi vivine,

Not much has changed. Other than sore breast and occasional light bloating in tummy, I don,t have any other symptoms. I put it down to the progesterone pills that is causing both symptoms.

I am actually a little concerned n anxious by the lack of symptoms (and no BFP) at this stage. But I am still keeping my hopes up. As it is still early at 9dp2dt. I tell myself that I have done what I can already and to just enjoy the cny visits.

What about you? Any symptoms so far? Have you been poas like me?

Agree with you on this, jklim. I wish I was lucky like you to hv gotten a BFP on 8dp2dt. I started testing 4dp2dt with a 10 miu/ml sensitivity HPT. Till now, no BFP. I am hoping for better luck tomorrow when am at 10dp2dt; 12 days past ER.

Just wonder why kkivf dun provide the mid phase BT patients to monitor the horemone level like other clinics :([/quote]
Hi Vivine I have not logged in for a long time. Just wanted to say jiayou babe! All the best for your BT next week. Will be praying for u :)
I am starting my cycle this week with suppression injections.

Ladies,

May I know if u guys are taking anything special in ye diet during this period? I hv been taking immunocal with fresh milk, 4 egg whites, 1 chicken essence daily from ER till now. For 7 days after ER, I also drank 1.5litres of long an red date tea daily. I guess all the liquid and protein helps preventing OHSS.

Just wonder why kkivf dun provide the mid phase BT patients to monitor the horemone level like other clinics :(
Hi Vivine I have not logged in for a long time. Just wanted to say jiayou babe! All the best for your BT next week. Will be praying for u :)
I am starting my cycle this week with suppression injections.[/quote]
Hi_mei,

Good luck with your cycle! Are you with KKH too? Are you doing a Fresh cycle?

There r always 2 sch of thoughts. Alot of hormones induced by med is gd. The other is once pregnant the body will naturally prepare the hormones to support the pregnancy, so no need to pump the body w so much hormones.

all these hormones cause us discomfort. Bloatedness, nauseous, etc.

Do u know those r get pregnancy do not hv any homones support? They r given hormones support only when there's spotting.

Same thing for d2,3 d5 transfer. Drs who do d5 transfer believe that the fittest embyro survived n chance of pregnancy is much higher. Drs who do d2/d3 transfer feel that the womb is the best plc for embyro to develop. If the embyro is good, will succeed. If no gd, then it wun. Think abt this, women who do d2/3 transfer in fact have more chance n hope to succeed. Coz no one can prove if womb is the best plc for emybro to develop or the lab. Women who wait for d5 transfer for embyros to develop in lab may end up w nothing to transfer if embyros dun make it.

I hv been in this forum for a few yrs. Made friends w sisters who succeeded n not succeeded. I dun see tt a higher no of sisters who succeeded when they do d5 transfer. But i saw their disappointment when their hopes were slashed with no embyro to transfer. Got transfer got hope. No transfer no hope.

Same for hormones support. If there's spotting before luteal phase of 14 days is up, take charge n go down n ask for support. Kkivf does BT on d17/18 after ER. So sisters who fail may hv menses before tt coz luteal phase is 14 days. At times menses may not arrive even when not preg coz of the hormones in our body.

More does not mean the best.

I am starting my cycle this week with suppression injections.
Hi_mei,

Good luck with your cycle! Are you with KKH too? Are you doing a Fresh cycle?[/quote]

Hi Portia, I am with KKH and doing a fresh cycle. It is my 3rd time starting a fresh cycle. What abt u?

jklim4642, thank you for providing detailed information to us.[/quote]
Just wonder why kkivf dun provide the mid phase BT patients to monitor the horem
Hi vivine,

Not much has changed. Other than sore breast and occasional light bloating in tummy, I don,t have any other symptoms. I put it down to the progesterone pills that is causing both symptoms.

I am actually a little concerned n anxious by the lack of symptoms (and no BFP) at this stage. But I am still keeping my hopes up. As it is still early at 9dp2dt. I tell myself that I have done what I can already and to just enjoy the cny visits.

What about you? Any symptoms so far? Have you been poas like me?

My swell on breast gone already..... Feel sore on tummy on and off.... Feel like AF coming.....
Other than this, no other symptoms.

I am starting my cycle this week with suppression injections.[/quote]
Hi_mei, thank you for your encouragement . All the best to your new cycle too.

Hi_mei,

Good luck with your cycle! Are you with KKH too? Are you doing a Fresh cycle?

Hi Portia, I am with KKH and doing a fresh cycle. It is my 3rd time starting a fresh cycle. What abt u?[/quote]

Hi_mei,

This is my first cycle. Am ding it with Dr Sadhana. Got her by chance. Found out from others online that she is very experienced in this. She has done her part. Now is up to my body, I guess.

What about you? Which doctor are you seeing?

Just wonder why kkivf dun provide the mid phase BT patients to monitor the horem

My swell on breast gone already..... Feel sore on tummy on and off.... Feel like AF coming.....
Other than this, no other symptoms.[/quote]

Oh... It may not be AF symptoms. I read that pregnant symptoms same as AF. So you may be lucky.:)

I usually got no much symptoms even when I get my AF... Usually it is just sore n tender breast.... Which is what I have been getting since I put in progesterone till now... So not much help...:(

There r always 2 sch of thoughts. Alot of hormones induced by med is gd. The other is once pregnant the body will naturally prepare the hormones to support the pregnancy, so no need to pump the body w so much hormones.

all these hormones cause us discomfort. Bloatedness, nauseous, etc.

Do u know those r get pregnancy do not hv any homones support? They r given hormones support only when there's spotting.

Same thing for d2,3 d5 transfer. Drs who do d5 transfer believe that the fittest embyro survived n chance of pregnancy is much higher. Drs who do d2/d3 transfer feel that the womb is the best plc for embyro to develop. If the embyro is good, will succeed. If no gd, then it wun. Think abt this, women who do d2/3 transfer in fact have more chance n hope to succeed. Coz no one can prove if womb is the best plc for emybro to develop or the lab. Women who wait for d5 transfer for embyros to develop in lab may end up w nothing to transfer if embyros dun make it.

I hv been in this forum for a few yrs. Made friends w sisters who succeeded n not succeeded. I dun see tt a higher no of sisters who succeeded when they do d5 transfer. But i saw their disappointment when their hopes were slashed with no embyro to transfer. Got transfer got hope. No transfer no hope.

Same for hormones support. If there's spotting before luteal phase of 14 days is up, take charge n go down n ask for support. Kkivf does BT on d17/18 after ER. So sisters who fail may hv menses before tt coz luteal phase is 14 days. At times menses may not arrive even when not preg coz of the hormones in our body.

More does not mean the best.

jklim4642, thank you for sharing info. With us.

Other than this, no other symptoms.

Oh... It may not be AF symptoms. I read that pregnant symptoms same as AF. So you may be lucky.:)

I usually got no much symptoms even when I get my AF... Usually it is just sore n tender breast.... Which is what I have been getting since I put in progesterone till now... So not much help...:([/quote]

I am not sure this symptom is good or not... But I dun feel cramp in my tummy leh....
Hope it is not my AF coming :(
Hope can stand up for 5 more days .....

Ladies,

May I know if u guys are taking anything special in ye diet during this period? I hv been taking immunocal with fresh milk, 4 egg whites, 1 chicken essence daily from ER till now. For 7 days after ER, I also drank 1.5litres of long an red date tea daily. I guess all the liquid and protein helps preventing OHSS.

I only drink one cup of ensure milk every night before sleep, 1 chicken essence , 3 Brazil nut , 3 egg white ,a cup of honey every day and drink a lot of water . That is it .

I usually got no much symptoms even when I get my AF... Usually it is just sore n tender breast.... Which is what I have been getting since I put in progesterone till now... So not much help...:(

I am not sure this symptom is good or not... But I dun feel cramp in my tummy leh....
Hope can stand up for 5 more days .....[/quote]

When is yr BT with KKH. Are you on day 10 of yr embryo transfer? Did a home pregnancy test yet?

I only drink one cup of ensure milk every night before sleep, 1 chicken essence , 3 Brazil nut , 3 egg white ,a cup of honey every day and drink a lot of water . That is it .

Guess, there are similarities in the things we eat.... protein food....

Long an red date tea is to improve circulation of blood n 'warm' the womb....

There's an ivf clinic in KL tt do genetic testing for embyros before ET. Ie, only generically ok embyros r transferred. SO that the person with no underlying womb issues can get pregnant. I hv a gf who failed many fresh cycles in sg by different reputable ivf drs. She just dun get pregnant. No other issues. She went KL n now proud mummy of a bb girl who turn 1 last dec.

Goggle for thw clinic under dato Colin for those who r interested.

Hi portia, still like spotting...anyway no hope la...coz spotting wun last so long rite?

I am not trying to get yr hopes high... My friend who was pregnant spotted from early pregnancy till quite late in her first trimester....

Maybe, u still hv a chance... When is yr actual date for blood test?

If is already 8 days post transfer, test for pregnancy using Kit. Positive go down for additional support. If u really wan a child, u wun sit there n lament abt spotting. Take charge n do what u can! If kkivf refuses to give additional support when u hv tested positive, make a fuss. Insist until they give. Last resort, go see a pte gynae n ask for additional support if u really need to. Keep your pregnancy at all costs esp when u hv been thru so much to get pregnant. It has been at least 2 days tt u said u r spotting. It wub help u if u dun help yourself!

There's an ivf clinic in KL tt do genetic testing for embyros before ET. Ie, only generically ok embyros r transferred. SO that the person with no underlying womb issues can get pregnant. I hv a gf who failed many fresh cycles in sg by different reputable ivf drs. She just dun get pregnant. No other issues. She went KL n now proud mummy of a bb girl who turn 1 last dec.

Goggle for thw clinic under dato Colin for those who r interested.
Hello
My doctor here said he does it also but only if the woman produces a lot of eggs cause it may harm the eggs plus its super expensive - can you spell again doc name in kl? Do you Know the Cost ?

When is yr BT with KKH. Are you on day 10 of yr embryo transfer? Did a home pregnancy test yet?[/quote]

BT on next fri. Ya day 10 after transfer . Dun dare to test yet. I scare the med would affect the result.

When is yr BT with KKH. Are you on day 10 of yr embryo transfer? Did a home pregnancy test yet?[/quote]

BT on next fri. Ya day 10 after transfer . Dun dare to test yet. I scare the med would affect the result.

If a sg dr is doing it here, he is breaking the law. Coz is illegal here. The moment u do genetic testing on embyro, we r talking abt live embyro NOT on eggs retrieved, u will know the embyro gender. N transfer an embyro that is gentically normal and the gender of bb u wan. In SG to choose gender in ivf is breaking a law. WIll u let a dr who breaks the law to go ivf for u? I wun. Coz tt means he is capable of doing anything for money.

There's will not be any wastage too. My gf has v few embyros. Abt 5 only. All tested and only one is normal. 4 discarded and transfer was made on the genetically normal one.

U juat hv to google foe dato colin. There's only one fetility clinic under his name in KL.

If is already 8 days post transfer, test for pregnancy using Kit. Positive go down for additional support. If u really wan a child, u wun sit there n lament abt spotting. Take charge n do what u can! If kkivf refuses to give additional support when u hv tested positive, make a fuss. Insist until they give. Last resort, go see a pte gynae n ask for additional support if u really need to. Keep your pregnancy at all costs esp when u hv been thru so much to get pregnant. It has been at least 2 days tt u said u r spotting. It wub help u if u dun help yourself!

Agree with Hazel on this!!

If a sg dr is doing it here, he is breaking the law. Coz is illegal here. The moment u do genetic testing on embyro, we r talking abt live embyro NOT on eggs retrieved, u will know the embyro gender. N transfer an embyro that is gentically normal and the gender of bb u wan. In SG to choose gender in ivf is breaking a law. WIll u let a dr who breaks the law to go ivf for u? I wun. Coz tt means he is capable of doing anything for money.

There's will not be any wastage too. My gf has v few embyros. Abt 5 only. All tested and only one is normal. 4 discarded and transfer was made on the genetically normal one.

U juat hv to google foe dato colin. There's only one fetility clinic under his name in KL.

hi jklim thanks for sharing info - i ve been told biopsy is allowed for people with very rare genetical issues of course gender selection is forbidden!

hi jklim thanks for sharing info - i ve been told biopsy is allowed for people with very rare genetical issues of course gender selection is forbidden!

gigi31,
i think u r right. i heard at the briefing that it is indeed allowed for those with genetic issues.

Rare Genetic issues r exceptional cases. We dun need to have these issues to have poor, abnormal eggs. So, women w poor quality eggs in sg are stuck. All they can do is pray... take DHEA and other sypplements to improve egg quality and not all will work. Coz we nv know what causes the poor quality eggs. Maybe is genes! WHo knows. If we cannot tell which embyro is gd n which is not genetically, we risk freezing away good quality embyros. WHen we thaw them, alot of external factors r involved after than the embyro quality. The thawing techniques used, the skills n judgement of the embyroist, etc all matters!

A no of ladies who failed to get pregnant depsite not having any issues, ivf drs in sg will always say coz embyros no good. Then tell patients to take DHEA to improve egg quality. Ivf, ICIS takes away the men sperm issues no matter how bad the men's sperms are. Coz there are millions of sperms in the semens. ALl the dr needs is just a few. UNLESS the men has zero sperms.

So if fertilized embyro is no gd, it means is the women's eggs issue which cannot be confirmed until genetic testing. Eggs quality is a common problem. In SG, most infertile women do not fall under this exception cases to qualify for genetic testing.

My gf was sick n tried of hearing reputable ivf drs here telling her tt her her embyros r no gd. Ie eggs no good. When she failed repeatedly at fresh and FET cylces under different drs. SHe wan a confirmation. A proper closure so that she will b convinced and give up trying.

She took leave fr work, rented an apartment opp dato colin's clinic for a month to do all the lucrin, puregon jabs and scans. Her mum was w her thru out. Hub went over during wkend. She came back to sG after ER & ET. SHe only had one good embyro to transfer. Ie genetically normal. The rests r abnormal n discarded. Coz she wun get pregnant even if they r transferred or will end w miscarriage even if transferred.

She is a malay. But her determination to have a child despite all the failures are strong. She didn't go back to dato colin after she was pregnant. She only visited dato colin last dec with her hub n daughter n said thanks to dato colin. I m sure she will try for no 2 again.

As for the cost, i cant remember the exact amt now. The genetic test of the embyro is v expensive even in malaysia and.. if all are abnormal, it wld mean money dumped into the drain, ie no embyros to transfer. But the cost is in RM NOT sGd. If my memory dun fail me, the genetic cost works out to be abt sgd7k or so. All in all i dun think she spent more than sgd20k. An ivf process in pte hospitals in sg here is aleast 15k now. Of course, here can still use medisave. But that's is also our hard earned money

Last edited:
I m just sharing what i know. Those who didn't succeed after a few attempts, is not a dead end road. That's still hope. Just a matter of how desperate you wan a child and to what extend you wan to try.

I personally succeeded at every fresh n FET attempt so far to get pregnant. But i miscarried twice. Only succeeded at 3rd attempt, my 2nd fresh cycle. My case is unexplained infertility. But i suspect that my embyros r no good. Coz my 2nd fresh n 1st fresh were done at a 2 yrs gap. The gradings of embyro in 2nd fresh were not as gd. I had a mid term miscarriage too... my eldest daughter passed on in my womb and i had to deliver her dead. Sf loh told me tge foetus must be genetically abdnormal or a down syndrome child. But the genetic test to check when she passed on showed other wise and proved him wrong. She was a perfectly healthy foetus. So, till now, i also dunno why she died.

Though i now have a live birth, i still cry when i visit my elder daughter's niche. The pain, sorrows and loss i went through 4 yrs ago did not stop me fr trying. I am glad i persevered and continue trying.. not knowing back then if i will succeed one day. But i did.

So dun be sad for too long even if u fail. Take your time to recover, but dun take too long, coz women eggs quality really drop as we age.. after u recover, stand up and try again. When there's a will, there's a way.. there's always hope as long as u dun give up!

Hi everyone! Happy new year too. Really heartwarming to see so many strong ladies here. Niwae, I've been a silent reader here since 2009. Been thru a few cycles at KKH and I totally understand how u ladies are feeling now. Maybe I'd share a lil info abt myself.
2009 - 1st fresh cycle under Dr SF Loh. With a lil help from Dr Tan Lee Kee's Tcm meds. BFP and son's 3.5 years now.
2011 - 1st FET with Dr Loh. BFN
2012 - 2nd FET with Dr Matthew Lau. Was replaced by Dr Jerry Chan at the last minute. BFN.
2013 - 2nd fresh cycle with Dr Tan HH. No tcm this time round. BFP and I'm due this March.
Journey in TTC can be daunting and is full of ups and downs. Do persevere ladies and I'm sure God will grant us all our wishes. Hope that I can be a listening ear to all u ladies here :)

Hi everyone! Happy new year too. Really heartwarming to see so many strong ladies here. Niwae, I've been a silent reader here since 2009. Been thru a few cycles at KKH and I totally understand how u ladies are feeling now. Maybe I'd share a lil info abt myself.
2009 - 1st fresh cycle under Dr SF Loh. With a lil help from Dr Tan Lee Kee's Tcm meds. BFP and son's 3.5 years now.
2011 - 1st FET with Dr Loh. BFN
2012 - 2nd FET with Dr Matthew Lau. Was replaced by Dr Jerry Chan at the last minute. BFN.
2013 - 2nd fresh cycle with Dr Tan HH. No tcm this time round. BFP and I'm due this March.
Journey in TTC can be daunting and is full of ups and downs. Do persevere ladies and I'm sure God will grant us all our wishes. Hope that I can be a listening ear to all u ladies here :)

Your case is definitely an embyro issue, fresh cycle they always transfer embyro tt looks the best!

Your case is definitely an embyro issue, fresh cycle they always transfer embyro tt looks the best!
Hi jklim,
For both my failed FET, they were of grade 4 quality. The same ones as my both fresh. Both Dr Lau and Dr Tan did say that some things are just unexplained scientifically and why they wouldn't work. Thus, I believe that some things are not fated for me and not meant to be. Sometimes, God wants us to experience failures to appreciate the little successes in life. :) so let's not give up hope yet, ladies.

Do u know how they determine the grade of an embyro? Is based on how the embyro looks like. Good grading does not mean genetically normal.

Dr tan hh told A gf which 2 cell embyro that chance is slim. Asked her to decide if wan to go ahead w ET OR abort. She went ahead and was tested pregnant last fri w bhcg 6000. She cldnt believe it and thought she had molar pregnancy which is actually cancer coz of the super high bhcg. I told her off n asked her go aee dr loh if she is doubtful. So she walked into dr sf loh clinic this tues. Dr dr not only saw a sac but also saw a flickering heartbeat n based on foetus size, she is 5.5 wks pregnant! Dr loh said luckily she went ahead w ET despite a 2 cell embyro. Dr loh told her the same thing i told her n shared here. Grade 2 does not mean embyro no gd or got genetic problems.

I know another sis, grade 3 & 2 frozen embyro not only survived thaw but ended w a boy girl twin who turn 4 this year. Fyi, kkivf now labels grade 2 as non transferable grade embryo. It was not so during sf loh time. He told us an embyro is a life. Shldnt discard just coz they dun look gd n hence given a poor grading.

What i m trying to te u n other sisters r, grading of embyro is not impt. Coz it does not tell u if an embyro is genatically normal. Grade 4 doea not mean will get pregnant or will not miscarriage. Grade 2 also does not mean no chance. My miscarriages, embyro r all grade 4.

Do u know how they determine the grade of an embyro? Is based on how the embyro looks like. Good grading does not mean genetically normal.

Dr tan hh told A gf which 2 cell embyro that chance is slim. Asked her to decide if wan to go ahead w ET OR abort. She went ahead and was tested pregnant last fri w bhcg 6000. She cldnt believe it and thought she had molar pregnancy which is actually cancer coz of the super high bhcg. I told her off n asked her go aee dr loh if she is doubtful. So she walked into dr sf loh clinic this tues. Dr dr not only saw a sac but also saw a flickering heartbeat n based on foetus size, she is 5.5 wks pregnant! Dr loh said luckily she went ahead w ET despite a 2 cell embyro. Dr loh told her the same thing i told her n shared here. Grade 2 does not mean embyro no gd or got genetic problems.

I know another sis, grade 3 & 2 frozen embyro not only survived thaw but ended w a boy girl twin who turn 4 this year. Fyi, kkivf now labels grade 2 as non transferable grade embryo. It was not so during sf loh time. He told us an embyro is a life. Shldnt discard just coz they dun look gd n hence given a poor grading.

What i m trying to te u n other sisters r, grading of embyro is not impt. Coz it does not tell u if an embyro is genatically normal. Grade 4 doea not mean will get pregnant or will not miscarriage. Grade 2 also does not mean no chance. My miscarriages, embyro r all grade 4.

Hi jklim,
Thank u for the explanation. I guess I've put my failures behind and don't wish to think or gloat over them anymore. My main purpose of joining this forum eventho I've been a silent reader for the past years is to provide my support for the sisters here so that they know that there's still hope. Let's all think positive yah.

Today is my 9dp2dt. (11 day after egg retrieval) I just noticed a very slight pinkish/ brownish discharge before I hit the shower...... I wonder if that is implantation spotting or a starting sign of my AF coming.... :(

Sisters here - please pray for me that it is the former....

Today is my 9dp2dt. (11 day after egg retrieval) I just noticed a very slight pinkish/ brownish discharge before I hit the shower...... I wonder if that is implantation spotting or a starting sign of my AF coming.... :(

Sisters here - please pray for me that it is the former....

Hey portia3,
I had spotting ard the same time as u for my 1st fresh which was a bfp. Am nt a dr but I really2 hope and pray that it's your implantation spotting too. Do give your clinic a call if it's still there after a day or gets heavier by tomorrow yah. *hugs*

Hey portia3,
I had spotting ard the same time as u for my 1st fresh which was a bfp. Am nt a dr but I really2 hope and pray that it's your implantation spotting too. Do give your clinic a call if it's still there after a day or gets heavier by tomorrow yah. *hugs*

Hi Evalove,

I hope u r right. I hv been testing daily this week w HPT that has a sensitivity of 10miu/ml. BFN so far. And the same for this morning too. There is no more spotting as of this morning. It was just a tiny streak last night.

All this waiting and this little sign is building up the anxiety in me. I can't wait for tonight to come quickly so that I can go to bed n wake up tomorrow morning to test again!!!

Btw, when did you get your BFP in your first cycle? Did you wait for BT or did you do a HPT?

Hi Evalove,

I hope u r right. I hv been testing daily this week w HPT that has a sensitivity of 10miu/ml. BFN so far. And the same for this morning too. There is no more spotting as of this morning. It was just a tiny streak last night.

All this waiting and this little sign is building up the anxiety in me. I can't wait for tonight to come quickly so that I can go to bed n wake up tomorrow morning to test again!!!

Btw, when did you get your BFP in your first cycle? Did you wait for BT or did you do a HPT?

Hi portia3,
When I had that spotting for my first cycle, I was still a young punk in the IVF circle. Heeding my mum's advice to not overstress myself, I waited for my BT result to confirm my pregnancy. I did cried buckets before my BT day though cos I thought that it was all over for me. The KKIVF nurse just told me to monitor it cos she said that implantation spotting will last for just a few days and to call back if it gets heavier. However, for my last cycle which was done last June, I had spotting only 2 days before my BT date. Kind of late lah. Since I didn't want to be overly anxious again, I decided to test using those cheap Watsons hpt. It showed a clear positive. I then repeated with the digital Clearblue one and it had the same result. BT came out positive. Just a lil something to perk u up -> my cycle buddy tested negative on the nite before BT though she had spotting a few days before. She's now pregnant with a pair of twins. She did tell me that she didn't want to go down for the BT as that was her 3rd cycle and felt like giving up hope due to the negative hpt. Her bhcg reading was even higher than mine though her hpt was negative the previous nite. Thus, miracles do happen dear :)

Hi portia3,
When I had that spotting for my first cycle, I was still a young punk in the IVF circle. Heeding my mum's advice to not overstress myself, I waited for my BT result to confirm my pregnancy. I did cried buckets before my BT day though cos I thought that it was all over for me. The KKIVF nurse just told me to monitor it cos she said that implantation spotting will last for just a few days and to call back if it gets heavier. However, for my last cycle which was done last June, I had spotting only 2 days before my BT date. Kind of late lah. Since I didn't want to be overly anxious again, I decided to test using those cheap Watsons hpt. It showed a clear positive. I then repeated with the digital Clearblue one and it had the same result. BT came out positive. Just a lil something to perk u up -> my cycle buddy tested negative on the nite before BT though she had spotting a few days before. She's now pregnant with a pair of twins. She did tell me that she didn't want to go down for the BT as that was her 3rd cycle and felt like giving up hope due to the negative hpt. Her bhcg reading was even higher than mine though her hpt was negative the previous nite. Thus, miracles do happen dear :)

Hi Evalove,

I admire your ability to hold out till your BT day. I started testing on 4 dpt to see if the pregnyl hcg was still present ion my system and since it was negative, I decided to test everyday from then on.

I can't deal with the suspense and unknown very well. Hence, I rather test everyday and tell myself that it is still early, things may change the next day and put it at the back of my head before enjoying the rest of the day. This has worked for me so far but I think by this coming Tuesday (12dp2dt or 14 days past retrieval), I am going to walk in to a GP clinic to get them to do a Beta for me.

By then, the results should be as accurate as can be. If it is a BFP, I will know my HCG count and can compare it to the next one on Friday (15dp2dt) by KKIVF. If it is a BFN, at least I will have some time to grief, and get over my disappointment in the last 5 days of my hospitalisation leave before I plan for the next round and get back to work.

I know this sounds like a mad idea. But I rather feel I have some control on this than to let the results hit me like a brick on the coming Friday.

Portia, go ahead with your idea. Whatever it is we all need to take charge - but do remember that implantation can be as late as day11 (they say lah), so while its good to be prepared for thr results on d15 if you chose that path, hang in there until you get the KKH results before you go whack the pineappke tarts and Coke. Do chose a GP or clinic that can do same day tests ya. Some need to send their bloods to another centre and takes 2-3 days. Hang in there.. good luck.

Back