IVF/ICSI Support Group

Eskimobaby, Luvnhope & Babysmurf,
Hope to join u gals in the MTB thread soon! Please pray for me
happy.gif

Chrisl & i1bb,
Thanks for the recipe & info on black fungus! Hopefully we can join our old friends club soon! Praying praying...

Chrisl,
How's ur fet preparation? Lining ready yet? When's ur ET?

Joynfaith,
Hi hi! How are you? When are u start cycling?

Leor & Lin,
Yes, I hope I made the right decision for not going thru the d&c.
happy.gif

Adeline,
All the best to ur ET today! Ur embbies shud be inside u now, right? How many hv u transferred?

Josephine: I on short protocol and during my 2ww I choose jab support easier for me. My hcg not very high at that slightly passed Kkh benchmark. Just done my "Oscar" test yesterday my baobei super active n karate kicks.

Leor: due to overwhelming of dr tan's hotmail. That email is no longer in use. What u like to check with him. Maybe later he do round visit with me I hear u ask.

Sandra : hahaha gd lah! now almost end nov already so dec is gd
happy.gif
she will do diff plc based on ur current situation
happy.gif
a day bwfor my EC i did back n front, then a day before ET i did back n front, then yest i did head, ears n feet, but she put heat lamp on my tummy but no needles there
happy.gif

wondersss : lol nvm lah also gd mah wake up earlier to do jab
happy.gif

Brchow, ur follicles n lining are good size! Wish u all the best ya!

Sisters, I'm still bloated after ER on last sat but not ohss. Dr said need at least 1mth to recover. True?? Can acupunture help? Dr said my overies growth double of normal size. I need help.

Wondersss,
Yes, you may feel more thirsty than usual while you are on stimulation. It's normal, just make sure you drink more water. Some may even have headache as the side effect.

Sandra, Yes. Had a review with dr yesterday and was told cleared. However, I still have spotting/bleeding but the dr told me the bleeding is not from my wound. It should be my menses. But...it dun come full force wor. So am hanging in the air sia... Wanna check with Dr Tan I can eat Duphaston to induce my menses to full force boh. Think my homo imbalance. Now his appt is next year Jan liao. Am also trying my luck to bring it forward to Dec lolz.

BrChow, Thank you for the reply. Dr Tan hotmail not working de. I think he is now using gmail instead. Anyone has it?

LS, u can buy immunocal from OG at one of the cashier counter. Or order from Fung and Goh with free delivery for 2 boxes above. Per box is $106. Tel: 6281 8229

Wonderss, I blur de, everyday just on time jabbing. Didnt go check out any feeling haha... I just follow the flow nia. Maybe I just too lazy to feel/think abt it. As long u stay happy and positive, I believe all will goes smoothly. Jia you yayy!

Babysmurf, Ya..I knw Dr Tan hotmail not working haha. See if u could check he has others email which he reads boh. I still waiting for his assistant to give me a call back. TIA
happy.gif

Oh, maybe u can highlight him whether he remember he has a paitient diagonse with CIN3 recently is looking for him urgently. Maybe he might remember me lolz. How I wish he really remember me with so many paitients wahahahaha.

Ching, U sound happy today! Great!

Leor: u wait for his assistant to call. He just came ard 10.30am for his round visit today. Usually he came ard 9am before he start his clinic. U can start cooking your black fungus with sesame oil chicken or pork to clear out the old blood. Don't rush your cycling let your wound heal nicely.

Babysmurf, Haha...no problem. Not rushing for cycle. I just hate the bleeding. Lolz... Cos the spotting has been with me for the past 3weeks after my op. Since I see the dr yesterday and was told the bleeding is not from wound and it is my menses. But I dun have full force leh. And dun knw this spotting will last how long. So thinking to ask him I can go induce my menses with duphaston or not lor. At least, I want my menses to back to normal before I see him mah.

Sandra : you got super memory! lol yes went to do the bt this morn, they say will call if lvl not gd, so hope its gd
happy.gif
my veins are so tiny got poke twice lol, i told the nurse not to worry, my thresehold of pain very high lol

Hi Ching, I didn't manage to do transfer today. The clinic thaw 2 yesterday and it doesnt look promising, so they thaw another 2. who knows, these 4embryos grow quite well and survive today and they look abt the same. So have to wait for 1 more day to see which 2 grows better. Thus i have to go back again tmr for day 4 transfer.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!

Leor, thanks.. your first bb is also thru IVF right?
trying to not being sensitive to think too much... whaha.. just jab n jab then scan n scan.. lols..

Grace, *waves waves* how are u now..??

Babysmurf, Thanks. Dr Tan's assistant will only be around tomorrow. A nurse just call to inform me. Hehe.

Adeline, All the best for your ET tomorrow. Yr embroys will stick tight tight with u yayy! Do enjoy your 2ww
happy.gif

Hi Grace, since you are at risk of ohss, you still need to take lots of protein to reduce the bloatedness. Are you able to eat and drink well? Did you manage to pee often? My OHSS hit me on day 5 after ER and it just came suddenly.

Ladies, now my turn to panic. Forgot n loss as to wat to do now even though been reading the forum. I have a little bit of brown discharge . I not sure is it the residue of crinone gel. Only got it today. But could b my af coming also. How now ? Today 10dpd3t. Bbt drop couple days ago , then up again. Can I continue my crinone gel ?

Wondersss, Yes. My boy was thru IVF fresh cycle start in early 2011. Now waiting to see Dr Tan in Jan to see when I can start my medicated FET
happy.gif

Ya ya... just relax! 平常心 :D

Adeline, thanks for ur replied. So far I felt okie. I'm drinking 100+ daily. Cos reali cant drank plain water. Now, Just bloated, look like 2mths pregnant. And I'm feel tired all the time. Every nite slept ard 9pm. It is normal? Omg.. Accupuncturr helps?

Wondersss, Everything is fine, Otherthan bloatedness. U don't too focus on the reaction of ur jap. Jus relax ya.

Adeline, thanks for ur replied. So far I felt okie. I'm drinking 100+ daily. Cos reali cant drank plain water. Now, Just bloated, look like 2mths pregnant. And I'm feel tired all the time. Every nite slept ard 9pm. It is normal? Omg.. Accupuncturr helps?

Wondersss, Everything is fine, Otherthan bloatedness. U don't too focus on the reaction of ur jap. Jus relax ya.

Grace, When I was hit by ohss, I took 6 hard boiled eggwhites. And it does help me. See u can stomach some hard boiled eggwhites or not. U might feel better. I also feel tired and sleep around 9pm too lolz. So I think it should be normal. As for accupuncture, am not sure liao cos didnt dare to do it. Maybe other sisters can advise.

hi grace, i went accupuncture and cupping (coz feel backache) few days after ER. I did feel better but only short while and OHSS hit me after that. If you still can drink, eat and pee well plus poo poo then should be fine. Go for brisk walk which will help too. When i discharge from hospital (due to ohss), i also lool like 2-3mths pregnant. I drank lots of water and pee alot and try to eat more fibre food so that i can poo poo more.. I also do brisk walk to improve blood circulation..Within a week, the bloat reduce greatly.

Jelly, if spotting continue, go get a jab support. Usually jab support can last a week. Monitor closely but please dun stress ok.

Jelly,

Maybe u can call up the clinic to get some advice.. Bedrest and try not to move around unnecessarily k..

Feeling really sian now.. Called up clinic to confirm prof wong's leave in dec.. It's 15 dec-2 jan.. Which means i'll probably only see him once, then er and et done by dr chew.. His schedule for jan and feb not out yet so i also can't postpone.. And jan is fully booked.. I really prefer to have prof wong do it, i mean, that's why i opted as pte patient under him right.. As it is, my 2 IUIs were not done by him cos my iui day always fall on his leave period.. Aaarrrrggggghhhh...

Mrs ching
Hehe you are welcome! I'm going scan tomorrow then doc will advice more on lining and ET day. I'm hoping my 4embryos will survive the thawing process or rather 2of them cos though I hv 4left, but we signed to thaw 2. Hopefully can transfer 2to up the chances.

Min81
Huh..so coincident again..Hmm did this Dr chew did the unsuccessful 2iui for you? If so if I were you I'll wait till Feb..

Chrisl,

My 1st iui that was successful but m/c was all scanned by prof and iui by another ivf doc dr anupriya.. 2nd iui prof did 1st scan and subsequently all by dr chew.. Not blaming dr chew for the failure but i feel more comfortable with prof and ivf is more stressful and exp than iui.. Just feel kinda unlucky, if i could have gone ahead in aug and not had the cysts, wouldn't have this prob.. Many other patients of prof that i know didn't have this issue.. Haiz..

Sandra,

Thanks for understanding.. I feel like a whiny kid now.. I was just telling my hubby about it and he said to make an appt to see prof next wk then can talk to him directly.. Actually i already knew prof not ard 2nd half of dec when i registered in oct.. I thought i would be ok with dr chew but after this iui, i feel that he doesn't explain well nor is assuring like prof so i'm starting not to have much faith in him.. Thanks for listening.. I think i tried to ignore this issue for a while, but it all just came up today.. Guess i'm just in a crabby mood..

Ching, I have not decided when to do my cycling, I'm still not ready for it. I'm trying natural currently. These few month after ovulation, always have spotting, hope to overcome this asap. Wonder any gals know how to fix this issue? My chinese physician told me to drink LRD but does not help. Could be my body is shortage of some hormone. I have started to drink full cream milk, hope that helps. My BBT is not up yet too that does not look good. My cycle is getting shorter from 31-35 days to 29 days these few months, looks good and hope it will maintain that way. I realise the food we eat will affect our AF cycle or maybe my body is more sensitive.

Jelly: I total bedrest. Put pillow below your thigh as u lie on bed. That what the nurse do to me. I took a jab progesterone on sat n sun when I readmitted. It took me abt 5days to clear my spotting. Total rest in bed for the first 2days.

Dear sistas, I call up the clinic, they only ask me to monitor closely n do more bed rest. When see red then they will arrange early BT.

Sandra, now still got bits of minute brown discharge after 2 hours bed rest. I m not sure if it is the residue of crinone gel. N whether crinone gel will turn from white to brown after so many days not. But i can feel some liquid continuously flowing out if i not bed resting, like af flowing kind of feeling.

Btw, what happen to you? Please drink lotsa of warm water and output as much as u input. Warm water is one of the best medicine.

Min, i can understand yr 'sian' feeling. When they tell me my first scan for ivf will b either dr chew or anupriya, i was sian half too. Fortunately, for me, the rest of the scan , ER, ET was done by prof.

Min, i think its a good idea to fix up an appt with prof and tell him yr concerns. Err, i did fix a couple of appt with prof that time whenever i got queries unanswered, of course i have to pay for the consult each time, but dun mind if i can have peace of mind. i rember seeing him a few times jus to enquire about my fibroid issues.

Also, whine all u can here as we are all listening, comforting and supporting each other in this forum here.

Babysmurf, Thanks, will try to do that.

Grace/Dreambear,Thanks.

Godislove, u have brown discharge as well?How does it looks like? Do u do v insert as support. What other types of support are you on?

Min81, Best go with your feel. If u want all to be done with Prof. Wong go tell him. And see what he can arrange. If your heart already feel uneasy, be frank better dun proceed lor or else u will not stay positive all the way as you already have an unbalance emotion in it. Sorry, am not good at words but I want u to enjoy your journey instead of worried. Hope u catch what I mean.

Sandra,

Thanks.. Try to take as much warm water as you can and you might wanna take vit c too.. It helps sometimes.. Hope u get well soon!

Jelly, leor,

Thank you so much gals for your advice.. My hubby told me the same thing earlier so i've just made an appt to see prof on 3 dec.. He doesn't want me to step into the ivf program doubting constantly whether the doc is doing the right thing for me.. He said no wonder he feels that i was so tense this iui as compared to the previous.. Hope prof can squeeze me in for jan.. I also feel so sorry towards my hubby cos the longer it's postponed, the longer i'll be jobless
sad.gif
He doesn't want me to touch my personal savings and has been paying for everything..

Min, your hubby is so nice n considerate . U r so fortunate . My hubby only agrees to ivf if I come out my own moneys ... lol .

Jelly,

Looks like must really bedrest k.. Get ur hubby to help u put everything such as bottle of water, snacks, books etc at your bedside so you don't need to get up.. Take care!

Jelly: put your water bottle n some snack at your bedrest. Don't keep getting up every hrs. Don't time just rest rest rest. Get up only when u need to go toilet but super super slow.

Jelly> Stay positive and calm! Glad that the discharge is stopping..I think u better rest more on bed rather than moving around... dont seem like a good idea...
take care of urself and hope your dad is better.

Min81> I agree with Leor that you should be comfortable with the Dr... My personal experience with Dr Chew is that Dr Chew sometimes dont explain things in details..
Once I asked him to explain what is "polycystic ovaries" he reply: poly = many, cystic = cysts and so it means many cysts. End up, I google the internet..To me, Dr Chew is generally ok and he is very experienced. However, he may not be the detail explaining thing type.. Most important, I think u should feel comfortable with the Dr.. its will make a difference to U...

I m all alone , need to do everything myself as hubby at work n going visit my dad at nite . I think it's ok I get up every hour or so ba .

Babysmurf , it's brown discharge , gel like form n some tiny crumbs n light brown liquid when I had it but getting less.dunno how will it turn out later.

Ok try more bed rest .

LS,
do give all your embies a chance. Like for me, went thru 3 fets and last one i bfp even though i thought that my embies didn't seem to survive the thaw very well. for 3 embies, u can ask your doc for advice. my doc advised me to thaw all 3 and select the best 2 for transfer so all 3 were thawed but ended up 1 disintegrated and i was left with 2 to transfer.

Hi Grace, I look like 2-3months pregnant lo. I had difficulty sit up, turn left and right when in bed because of the big tummy. I didn't apply any anti stretch mark cream coz i guess its only short term. Only apply normal body moisturizer.

Jelly,

I see.. Maybe u just wanna make sure things that you need are near u.. If need to get up go toilet, must walk very slowly k.. Have a good rest!

Nov rain,

Actually i believe dr chew is very experienced, he did my d&c when i had m/c and i recovered very well.. But after iui last mth, just have this unsure feeling.. So i guess would prefer prof wong for my ivf..

Min81> I totally agree with u! All the best for IVF ! Most importantly u must feel good lah.. IVF is such a tedious journey. Better to have the Dr that u feel good with. Jia u

Back