IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi die
I will take note of the nurse instruction carefully. Thanks.

Hi Meow
I am not thinking negatively. Just want to remind myself not to put too much hope into it. Prepare myself for the worst.

Hi Greenie,
Not sure why our 1st Scan and BT is done on different day also. Are you with Dr Loh at KKH also? If you not comfortable, maybe want to try email Dr Loh and see what he say?

For ladies looking for Brazil nuts...i just came back from Cold Storage in Great World City...looks like they just replenish the stock there cos there was 2 rows fully packed Brazil nuts. 100gm for $3.95....
happy.gif

Hi Minnie,
I also just got mine from cold storage seng kang, think they having offer due to it expiring in End Aug. did u manage to see the expiry date? It is organic right?

Hi Minnie
Thanks. Hope Cheric can tell me her scan & BT date cos she started Lucrin same day as me.

Cheric
Waiting for your reply..if the nurse gave you different date, i will sure make noise to Dr.

Hi Fat babe
As far as I understand, we dont get to see our doc till ER. The scan etc is done by other doc.
Ladies, please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks.

Hi Fat babe,
After D7 of puregon they will call you for a scan and check on the size of the follicle.
After your scan they will ask you to wait for a while . And a regular Consultant doctor will call you and tell you the size of the follicle and if you need a increase dosage they will give the advice and ask you to come again after 2 or 3 days. For me i went for a scan on D8 ,D11,D13 for scan. You will not get to see the main doctor until ER. But the regular doctor will clarify all your queries. Do ask them how many follicles are there and the size of the same.

Greenie,

Thanks for your encouragement.Dont be too worried abt your age. Zoe Tay also had her babies at 37 and 39. ;)

Ladies,

when you all start lucrin on D21, did u all track your ovulation? Today is my D19 but i havent ovulated. Do i need to postpone Lucrin till ovulation occurs?

Fatbabe,
ya, glad that i can continue to stage two too. But on the other hand i am quite worried, cos i have been having this "falling sick" kind of feeling for a couple of days. It's not sick enough to see a doctor but yet it didn't go away... duno what to do now...

Anyone fall sick during the stimulation stage before?

Sunflower,
don't have to track ovulation for ivf, everything is under Dr's control. So don't have to worry about it.

If i didn't remember wrongly, Lucrin is to stop ovulation. So that the eggs will not rupture (ovulate) before ER. Therefore when u are on Lucrin, u should not ovulate.

hi ladies, how much housework can you do in your 2ww? I am now on my 9dpt(d2embies). Washed toilet, boil water (2kg weight) and soup (about 2 kg) plus go supermarket. My mil is in my place and hoarded the tv and I can only rest in my bedroom day and night. Is it tactful to go off to my mum's place?

iwant5bbs,
can only do light housework during 2ww. Anything over 2 kg is too heavy. I have to boil water too as i am staying only with hubby. Try to boil half a kettle instead of full kettle. u can go supermarket, but dun buy too much things. Because during 2ww cannot exert strenght on stomach.

Just go with ur heart. Where ever u feel more comfortable. Most importantly, is feel happy during the 2ww
happy.gif

All the best to u
happy.gif
May u BFP!!

Hi ladies,
any idea where can i get Complan milk? I tried my first pack from AMK Guardian, but they don't sell it anymore. I just tried my Eusure, i think the Complan vanilla is much nicer, taste like white chocolate. TIA.

Green muffin,

i think u misunderstood my qns le.. im referring to the cycle when we are supposed to start the first lucrin jab.. is there a must that we are supposed to ovulate before we start the first jab or it doesnt matter? because if my ovulation is late, then my AF will be late..then my puregon will be late i supposed?

can someone advise me?

Sunflower,

The day for Lucrin jab is prefixed by Dr. So on the first day of your menses, u call up the hospital, than they will let u know either start lucrin on D16 or D21, with or without microgynon, depends on your protocol. Because some people start Lucrin on D16, some on D21. Therefore u don't need to track that u ovulate before u start. (this is for KKH protocol). And even when u are on Lucrin, ur menses will come. Hope this help
happy.gif

hi ladies, does anybody know whether is having menses during the lucrin stage one of the requirement to start puregon?

my menses has always been irregular, and this is the first time i am on microgynon, even tho' microgynon is suppose to regulate the next mense, but i am not sure cos mine is really really very irregular....quite concern that this will affect going to the puregon stage....

Dear Lina, Fancy, Cactus and all sisters,

Thanks for all your concern. I will try to take a peep at the babies at 8th floor. I presume the curtain will be open during visiting hours?

I'm definitely feeling better each day. Today, I can get up from a chair to walk to the toilet myself. However, I still need people to help to to the bed. My weight gone down by 3kg and my waistline also reduce by 6cm from the peak. Still need reduction! Haaaa.... Anyway, no more drips for me as I'm beginning to show improvement in my food and fluid intake. My fluid output also increase. Today I had my first experience of nausea and it hurts my wound in the tummy where they tapped. Lucky did not vomit. Choy! Choy! Choy!

The nurse told me there's one ivf patient admitted for severe ohss. I'm only rated as moderate and I'm feeling so lousy. That poor gal should be feeling worst.

Hi Second,

Regarding my gynea Dr Sadhana, she is second in command doing IVF. Dr Loh is the head of IVF. I choses her becos she is not as busy as Dr Loh who is well known for his high success rate. For me, choosing a famous doc is not important anymore as I've also seen doc of good reputation with recommendation from friends. Sad to say, none could make me pregnant.

In the end, I choose to a female doc from the govt sector for a change of luck. I'm glad to choose her. She is soft and gentle and lady with not much words. However, if you ask her more, she is patient enough to explain to you in details. She visited me everyday when I'm admitted (even Sun) and at one time she visited me 3 times on the day I had my tap. I would say she is someone with personnel touch and she really sayang her patients. She treated me well when I'm admitted and she even feel sorry for me when both of my hands are bruised by all the needles poke.

Th nurse manager did told me that she is also known in the indian community to have magic hand. People will travel from india to look for her wor. i really didn't know that.

Both Dr Loh and Dr Sad are good lah. Just that I'm the minority here who had chosen her. BTW, she is more open to blastocyst transfer. (That's what I think)

Fresh,
What is blastocyst transfer?

Fancy,
Nurse told me tat Dr Loh will see me after the scan on D7 of puregon leh. I dunno if i need to take leave or is there MC given? Btw, if there is need to increase dosage i need to bring the medicine home. So i m in a dilemma. I m with KKH.

Hi all,
Wat are the symptoms you all experience during Puregon? For me, there is nothing much except for tiredness & bad memory. I was telling my hubby that there is no cramps so does it mean tat my dosage is insufficient.

fresh,
it is indeed a good sign that ur girth and weight have reduced... and a good sign too that u r having ms.... i can't believe myself saying this... but yes, ms is good... kekeke

dr sadhana really sound like a wonderful doc and u are in good hands
happy.gif

fat babe, i hope so....today is 3rd day after last microgynon, hope menses will come next few days....if it doesn't come, wonder will they give me any medication to induce it again....

Hey Fat babe,
Don't worry even i had no signs of cramps..
i was normal , but too much of tiredness. pain in my knees.Anyway they will check on D8 the size of the folllicle. and if required they will increase the dosage. So nothing 2 worry.
Mine was D1-D7 - 400 Units D-8 to D-10 - 500 units after D-11 Scan again asked me to continue for 2Days D-11,D-12 = 500 units again. Hence u need not worry. I had the bloatedness feeling on D-13 and D-14. on D-13 they said only 5 Follicle are big and 4 other medium size but still managed to retrive 16 eggs. Hence not 2 worry madam...

Hi May

Dun worry i finish my microgynon and now D10 lucrin. My menses also not here yet...
I have advise from one of sister here tat's its ok..

Hi Fat Babe,

Blastocyst transfer is D5 transfer.

Eskimobaby,

My ms is just feeling nausea but no vomiting leh. I still can eat all food. Is it still consider as ms?

Hi Fancy,
All the best to your ET tomolo. There is a last jab today rt?

Fresh,
Dr Loh does not practice blastocyst transfer right? can it be requested?

fresh,
yeah... feeling of nausea is also considered as ms.... some days i'll have nausea feeling for whole day and can't vomit anything out... some days when i vomit just lots of saliva.... some days just burp out when i vomit....and of cos sometimes vomit the food i've taken.... so all these are considered ms...

as we have gone thru ohss... when we get ms.. whether severe or light ones we will still feel miserable cos we are already drained after the ohss attack... so dun worry abt feeling worse than others.... if possible try to eat small meals.... i find crackers(those dry biscuits) are good at curbing nausea sometimes... does not always work for me but sometimes it works...

Fatbabe,
Thanks.
Puregin was last on Tuesday - D12
The last jab was on Wednesday D-13- Pregnyl.
after 36 hrs D-15 -ER
I don't know what happens after Et in 2WW.
Iam also under Dr Loh.
But for me all scan was reviewed by regular doctor and Dr loh was available only for ER.

good luck fancy..

during the transfer just relax..

this time after i check my details etc i close my eyes and pray silently in my heart and sing soothing song, think of my son face and the doctor has to call me to open my eyes after its done..hehe

they say if u relax ur body will be more receptive of the embryo..

good luck

hi sofia

during ur 2ww wat stage was ur transfer?

d3 or d5?

and how many days past transfer u do hpt?

and do u have like sharp pains at ur right side of the tummy?

havin cramping on off not sure gd or not..

my symptoms so far aching breast to my armpit..

wet feeling most time

high temp everidae above 37deg

Hi Fancy
Here are the Dos and Don'ts list:
Stage 1 (Lucrin)
- Cut off cold drinks
- water intake 2L/day
- drink DOM to build up the body
- chicken essence X 1 3x/week
- egg white x 1 daily
- Gentle rotation in circle motion clockwise after you have jab your abdomen.
- If painful - try to sooth the area you are injecting with hot towel, the skin will become less tense

Stage 2 (Puregon / Gonal-F)
- Ensure milk or Anmum milk
- chicken essence x 1 alternate day
- Soya products (high proetin food)
- water intake 2L/day
- Brazil nuts
- egg whites x 2

Stage 3 (2WW)
- increase egg whites intake
- Ensure milk or Anmum milk
- 2-3 pieces of Brazil nuts daily, some take 5 pcs per day.
- can also take sunflower seed, pumkin seed, and flax seed
- No pineapple and water melon
- No squatting or carrying of heavy weights (anything that stresses the abdominal muscle)
- No hot sauna or soaking of lower half body in bathtub
- No intercourse
- Do not stand or sit in a position too long. Good to walk a bit to promote circulation
- No raw food and avoid oily and spicy foods as it may cause an upset stomach. High hormone levels cause bloatedness and hence add to discomfort
- No strenuous exercise
- No other medication (eg. TCM) other than those given by your Dr
- May have white to brownish pasty discharge. If feel itchy, to drink cranberry juice and use shower head to spray warm water on the "area" thoroughly
- to sleep, ask for food, sleep, watch tv, sleep, ask for food, sleep, watch tv, sleep, as for food

hi fresh,
glad you are off drips. Though nausea is no good but it gives assurance that baby is doing fine. I also had nausea feeling during 1st trimester, the vomit will not come out. And i ate alot even during nausea.

hi ladies..anyone wo has done FET..i have a question..mine is a day 3 embbie..i ovulated on sat..and i did the transfer on wed..its 4 days aft ovulation rite?..but when i asked the nurse why so long do transfer..she told me no its correct..they dont count weds therefore its onli 3 days after transfer..cos my embie is day 3..im abit sceptic abt it...wondering if they transferred on the correct date..sigh..im just paranoid..
also..im having cramps on n off like menses wanna come...esp at nite and early morning..anyone have any idea why or hav the same experience?..by the way when will u start to hav sore boobs and stuffs,...i still havnet gotten any yet..i am d5pt..mine is a day 3 embie..so in fact now my embie is day8....thks...

Irene, I m not sure if polyps is the same as fibroid leh. But if gynae said it doesn't affect so I think shld be fine for you bah. Same as you, I also very anxious to see my scanning results.

Ladies, may I know where can I get flax seed? What are the benefits of taking flax seed?

Back