IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Hmm Mama Leen...Not sure how govt hospital Q is...KKH shld be abt 3 months wait I guess..Try avoid doing during end mth cos Drs may be on leave..KKH will have their 1 or 2 weeks cleaning closure in KKIVF...Try to do it before CNY if can..cos it hits CNY then Public Holidays will be an issue...

U can discuss with ur hubbie and fix ur appt..Then ask the dr...Then target a date from there...;-)

Wish u all the best dear...

Mama Leen: Actually the choice is yours... Between all the govt hospital, KKH is still considered to have the reasonable cost and the long standing reputation of "the birth hospital" it has. I did my IVF at KKH and I didn't wait long. This is bcoz I'm considered under 'private' even though it's at the govt hospital. I just called for an appointment at the end of the week with Dr Sadhana (who is the director of IVF) and the following 2 weeks when my menses came, I straightaway started the process. Unless you want to have heavily subsidize, then u need to have referral frm the polyclinic to do your IVF kat KKH. This is when you have the long wait and you can't choose specific doctor to see until very much later stage. If time (age, etc) is not a factor for you, then the long wait shd not be the problem.

Oh u r under Dr Sadhana....Hmm by rite u r paying private rates rite..She should be able to help more...U call KKIVF is it? I know she has clinic in Clinic D...Not sure whether in TPS though...

Hmm Yishun is far indeed...Unless u wan to try the KKH Private Clinic in AMK..Not sure which gynae r good there though...

Hmm or y dun u try Dr Aziz clinic and enquire more..See whether their system is better now...

Salam bubbli26... Yup, I'm paying private rates... I actually called both, KKIVF and her clinic D... Semua nurses told me to go O&G. When I checked with Dr Sadhana abt this, she said it's KK policy, especially if she don't operate any clinic on that particular day. But one thing I just dun comprehend on how non productive KKH can be... Initially I thought Dr Sadhana only stationed at Clinic D and when i keep asking for certain appointments on Monday especially, dorang selalu cakap she's not operating/ no clinic on that day. Until the day I kena warded in, Dr Sadhana insisted I brought forward my appointment with her earlier (her schedules are packed), baru lah the nurse fixed appointment to see her on Monday at TPS!! Ingatkan the rates are different from clinic D and that's the reason y the nurses insisted to fix appointment for me at Clinic D only... But actually, the rates are the same!! There's no difference coz I'm under private rates. All this while, the hassle of applying leave on Tuesdays, the long waiting time at clinic D and the gg up & down between pharmacy and the clinic were just unnecessary. Betul-betul dugaan I with KKH nurses kan. Haha...

Salam everyone,

I've been lurking around here for quite sometime, trying to find out more info abt ivf. I already have 1 kid, but we've been trying for 3 years for our 2nd with no success. Recently went for a check with Dr Aziz, he gave me the all clear but husband's swimmers not doing so well so IVF is our next best solution. Im halfhearted about having to go thru this. On one hand I should be thankful that I at least have 1 child but on the other hand, very kesian to see my kid so lonely. Let's not even talk abt the pressure I get from pple around me.

I think someone mentioned about the wait time at Dr Aziz's clinic, kan? No diff in the system pon.. It's still a lonnggggg wait. Dr Aziz is a very nice gynae, very frank and u can tell he genuinely cares for his patients. But he is a very busy doctor so certain things he will just delegate to his assistant. E.g. He prescribed an injection for me to help with ovulation...but the injection is administered by his assistant (who also mans the reception desk, collect duit, kasi obat).

Anyway, alhamdullilah its Friday!! All the best to the ladies here currently going thru ivf/considering ivf. May our doas on this blessed Friday be answered, insya-allah. To the ladies who are already expecting, take care rest well & have a smooth pregnancy ahead!

:)

Hi Fruitella...

Welcome..Hmm u can consider other alternative if the only problem is ur hubby swimmers not strong..some drs can recommend supplement to take which will help...

Or alternatively try out IUI or SO IUI or even IVF la..Memang is draining to do IVF..Strong will is always required for this part...

For the time being try naturally dear...Insya-allah ur dreams will come true...;-)

Salam bubbli26... Yup, I'm paying private rates... I actually called both, KKIVF and her clinic D... Semua nurses told me to go O&G. When I checked with Dr Sadhana abt this, she said it's KK policy, especially if she don't operate any clinic on that particular day. But one thing I just dun comprehend on how non productive KKH can be... Initially I thought Dr Sadhana only stationed at Clinic D and when i keep asking for certain appointments on Monday especially, dorang selalu cakap she's not operating/ no clinic on that day. Until the day I kena warded in, Dr Sadhana insisted I brought forward my appointment with her earlier (her schedules are packed), baru lah the nurse fixed appointment to see her on Monday at TPS!! Ingatkan the rates are different from clinic D and that's the reason y the nurses insisted to fix appointment for me at Clinic D only... But actually, the rates are the same!! There's no difference coz I'm under private rates. All this while, the hassle of applying leave on Tuesdays, the long waiting time at clinic D and the gg up & down between pharmacy and the clinic were just unnecessary. Betul-betul dugaan I with KKH nurses kan. Haha...

Eeekss..Strange la this KK...terrible..ole gitu eh..Paying private rates alreadi still need to have that kind of procedure..then wat's the point of paying the high rates...might as well go to private gynae....

Why dun u do Sis...U book appt with private clinic at hospital u wan la..so to monitor u closely till u end 1st tri ...then if u still nak deliver in KKH masih ole refer back to KKH kan...Go under another dr in KKH ke...Better ones..

KKH private rates is almost similar to private rates else where I tink...I was under Private under KKH...Then when I go to dr in other private clinic..Consultation fees dia not much difference..abt S$11- S$12 diff je...Of cos meds and other test is costly la..But service wise is definitely way better la...At least if anything were to happen in between we can ring the clinic and go down to see the dr immediately ..

Hai KK ni must change their system of working...This is very bad...

Hmm Mama Leen...Not sure how govt hospital Q is...KKH shld be abt 3 months wait I guess..Try avoid doing during end mth cos Drs may be on leave..KKH will have their 1 or 2 weeks cleaning closure in KKIVF...Try to do it before CNY if can..cos it hits CNY then Public Holidays will be an issue...

U can discuss with ur hubbie and fix ur appt..Then ask the dr...Then target a date from there...;-)

Wish u all the best dear...

Thank u for the enlightenment. Hmm, 3 mths...boleh tahan juga tu.

Mama Leen: Actually the choice is yours... Between all the govt hospital, KKH is still considered to have the reasonable cost and the long standing reputation of "the birth hospital" it has. I did my IVF at KKH and I didn't wait long. This is bcoz I'm considered under 'private' even though it's at the govt hospital. I just called for an appointment at the end of the week with Dr Sadhana (who is the director of IVF) and the following 2 weeks when my menses came, I straightaway started the process. Unless you want to have heavily subsidize, then u need to have referral frm the polyclinic to do your IVF kat KKH. This is when you have the long wait and you can't choose specific doctor to see until very much later stage. If time (age, etc) is not a factor for you, then the long wait shd not be the problem.

Thank you. I understand more now. You mentioned u are under "private" even though it's at a govt hosp. In this case, do you get to tap on the govt subsidy? I wouldn't want to go through the hassle (polyclinic referral, long wait etc) if possible since my records are all with Dr Kelly Loi already anyway and I can't afford a long or uncertain wait cos I would prefer to go thru IVF during sch holidays (i'm teaching; the last time i did ivf, I went on no-pay leave but I don't think i can afford to keep taking no-pay leave again; kesian budak2 kalau asyik tukar2 teacher). However, if under 'private' at a govt hosp means tt I can get to tap on govt subsidy, I may consider switching to such arrangements. If not, nampaknya kenalah keluarkan belanja lebih juga to remain with my current doctor. The last time i did, it was about $13k...minus medisave ($6k), I had to pay $7k.....really a hole in the pocket. Quoting my mum, she said "mahal anak kau".

Thank you. I understand more now. You mentioned u are under "private" even though it's at a govt hosp. In this case, do you get to tap on the govt subsidy? I wouldn't want to go through the hassle (polyclinic referral, long wait etc) if possible since my records are all with Dr Kelly Loi already anyway and I can't afford a long or uncertain wait cos I would prefer to go thru IVF during sch holidays (i'm teaching; the last time i did ivf, I went on no-pay leave but I don't think i can afford to keep taking no-pay leave again; kesian budak2 kalau asyik tukar2 teacher). However, if under 'private' at a govt hosp means tt I can get to tap on govt subsidy, I may consider switching to such arrangements. If not, nampaknya kenalah keluarkan belanja lebih juga to remain with my current doctor. The last time i did, it was about $13k...minus medisave ($6k), I had to pay $7k.....really a hole in the pocket. Quoting my mum, she said "mahal anak kau".

Mama Leen.. Since u hv ur records.. Then no need to go poly.. Call KKIVF.. Book appt.. If u wan to be on specific dr.. Then call to fix appt with that dr.. E.g Dr Sadhana ..

Once case file is trfed to KKIVF.. Is considered private..

Can still hv the govt grant as long as IVF is done in any govt hospital..

I went tru poly 1st.. Wan to get test done e.g ultrasound.. HSG.. Other blood test.. Cheaper la.. Once all that done that they suggested IVF.. Then I request to be under Dr Sadhana..

For ur case I dun think u need to redo some test.. So book directly shld be fine..

want2bamummy, Alhamdulillah yr baby is growing well now. I had that experience with KKH when I was spotting on my 10dpt. They said its just an old blood & nothing to worry. They just prescribed me Duphaston to be taken orally & rejected me when I wanted to have the hormone jab. The next day terus gushes of blood came... and I knew it I just failed this cycle. Try to change the hospital sis. In the mean time, take good care of yrself and rest well.k.

syrian, Alhamdulillah... u can now start the procedures already. Don't worry too much k? Just watch yr diet, remember yr supplements intake & accupuncture. Wish u all the best sis. InsyaAllah, this time u'll have yr BFP! Ameen. :)

mama_leen, govt hosp usually have queue... u may wanna call & check with them what is the earliest avail month & they can reserve a slot fr u. After my 1st failed fresh @ KKH in July, I called NUH.. they informed me the earliest avail slot is on October. But we postpone it to Nov as I need more time to prepare my body with the supplements.

blurs, if u r having short of breath and if its gets worse, pls proceed to O&G. As bubbli said, drink isotonic drinks. I drank Gatorade during my IVF, it helps with the bloatedness & cramp. Take care sis.

Sue Dazey, Alhamdulillah. 6 is ok sis. Most important is the quality. I had 24 eggs last time and sadly only 2 made it. Also I had a bad time dealing with OHSS too. So don't worry too much. U can consume Ensure milk to aid the implantation. Brazil nuts, Red dates+dried longan tea, chicken essence and durian few pcs. Drink lots of fluid cos these foods can cause body heat. Good Luck!

Fruitella, u may want to consider accupuncture first bef u proceed with IVF, one of the forummer at main IVF page manage to conceive naturally after doing TCM accupuncture religiously for few months after her 1st failed fresh. Perhaps u wanna give a try?

Morning ladies..

Cahya..thanks for the wishes..insyallah..amin. U going for next round in nov? Prof will be on leave for 2 wks in nov.
10/11-24/11. Hope ur cycle will not clash wif his AL. Dec pun hes going on leave but i think a few days je. Not sure the dates though. Yup take this time to really prepare ur body k. Take care sis..all the best to u too for next round. Hope u will succeed too..amin..

Have a great weekend everyone..

Wantobemummy,
My gynae is in NUH. Dr Su Lin Lin. Nice n patient lady.may be too far for you.
I did ivf there and decided to choose gynae there after first trimester.

Hope you can get a good gynae for yourself :)

Want2beamummy, I wud encourage u to go other private clinic, reason being if u need to check anything u can just ring up ur dr to check. I recently just gave birth on 2aug and was under Dr Tan HH thru out. I had no issues with him even though he is v busy becuz I hv his hp num n his assistant, Felicia hp num..

I had difficult pregnancy to start with, I had bleeding on wk 9 and wk12 and practically I was on HL on entire 1st trim. Nothing more precious than keeping the bb safe. Thankfully my employer was understanding cuz I had m/c b4..

I know kkh is not v consistent, I can consider lucky, alhamdulilah pregnancy till birth, terkena all the nice n caring nurses.. When I wanted to extend my HL, I dun even need to see my dr, I just need to ring dr tan's assistant and she will prepare n I just need to collect so save suit consultation..

I just got my final bill n yes there is no diff between private kkh n private hosp.. It's almost the same, I wud recommend to go to Dr Lubna, she is a female dr n her clinic is at park east hosp and she is gud..if I ever preg 2nd time, I wud go to her, but I think I'm gud with one, hahaha becuz the pain of c-sect, Tuhan aje yg tahu..

Syrian, babe! U starting new cycle, alhamdulilah. I doa kan u, semoga berjaya n melekat

Hi ladies. Thanks for the encouraging words. Alhamdulillah did my embryo transfer just now. Dr Sadhana puts in 2.. 2 jer lah yg fertilised actually. Bt Alhamdulillah she said those are good eggs . So skrg the start of my 2ww.

Ive been reading the forum a lot lately. Its good to see sisters sharing your views and imparting advises. Good luck to those embarking the journey like me. InsyaAllah may Allah swt continues to protect us. :D

Salam mama_leen,

U can ask to transfer your records over to KKH and you will be considered under private. However, you have to note that certain tests are in need to be still valid, for example, the pap smear test, it has to be within 6 mths grace period before you commence your IVF process.

As for me, I didn't use the govt funding when I did my first IUI, therefore this fresh cycle of IVF is my first usage of the govt funding. If both couple are SG, for first timer, you will get govt funding up to $6,300. You can use your medisave up to $6,000. The balance will be cash. KKH charge fresh IVF between $10k to $13k, depending on individual progress/process. As for me, I only fork out less than $450 and that is the compulsory admin counseling & sign consent fee and insurance fee. The rest are under my medisave of about $4,500 plus and the govt funding. Hope I assist you with the brief explanation.

Wantobemummy,
My gynae is in NUH. Dr Su Lin Lin. Nice n patient lady.may be too far for you.
I did ivf there and decided to choose gynae there after first trimester.

Hope you can get a good gynae for yourself :)

Want2beamummy, I wud encourage u to go other private clinic, reason being if u need to check anything u can just ring up ur dr to check. I recently just gave birth on 2aug and was under Dr Tan HH thru out. I had no issues with him even though he is v busy becuz I hv his hp num n his assistant, Felicia hp num..

I had difficult pregnancy to start with, I had bleeding on wk 9 and wk12 and practically I was on HL on entire 1st trim. Nothing more precious than keeping the bb safe. Thankfully my employer was understanding cuz I had m/c b4..

I know kkh is not v consistent, I can consider lucky, alhamdulilah pregnancy till birth, terkena all the nice n caring nurses.. When I wanted to extend my HL, I dun even need to see my dr, I just need to ring dr tan's assistant and she will prepare n I just need to collect so save suit consultation..

I just got my final bill n yes there is no diff between private kkh n private hosp.. It's almost the same, I wud recommend to go to Dr Lubna, she is a female dr n her clinic is at park east hosp and she is gud..if I ever preg 2nd time, I wud go to her, but I think I'm gud with one, hahaha becuz the pain of c-sect, Tuhan aje yg tahu..

Syrian, babe! U starting new cycle, alhamdulilah. I doa kan u, semoga berjaya n melekat

Thanks ladies for your suggestion and encouragements.

SueAnna18 - Is it true that there's no longer premier service at TPS? Due to the removal of such service, a fren of mine told me that when during delivery, KKH will get us to sign that in the case of complication/emergency that our gynae is not able to make it, the midwife will do the delivery instead. This was something I'm not feeling secured with KKH policy.

The mothers from other forum did recommend me to go for your gynae. But my hubby & I feared that we won't get much support from the docs in KKH, unlike the secured feeling I had from Dr Aziz in the past. Maklum lah, the nightmare at O&G was still lingering in my head. It's gd though to know from you that you had Dr Tan's hp no for emergency. This is something I can consider further.

yes, dr tan is v nice n caring, but u get v little of his time. becuz he is v busy, he is always rushing to end the appt. I wil always prepare list of questions in advance. kkh no longer hv premier package n yes in the event dr cant make it, midwife wil deliver. do consider other options babe.. I heard horrible stories abt kkh but alhamdulilah I was so lucky that everything went well. if u go dr aziz or dr lubna I think its better, I was told that when they do deliver everything they mula bismillah n esp dr lubna, she will guide her patients thru out the labour..I dun hv that support frm dr tan cuz he was pushing me to induce n c-sect. in the end I induce at 37wk cuz I was expecting a.large bb n dr tan kept reminded me that risk of emer c-sect n true enuf I was not dilated fully n hv emer.c-sect so end.of.story, do.discuss carefully with ur hubby..lastly enjoy ur pregnancy babe, it comes with joy n sum discomfort/pain along the way but its all worth it..

Assalammuailaikum semua

So the thread migrated.. i wonder hw come my display name pun tak lagi sama..
Im just doin a test for now if my old nick Miracle2004 appear..

Assalamualaikum ladies,
It's been awhile ive followed tru this thread. Congrats to those yg da berjaya preggy. *grabbing all ur babydust*
And I believe to chaysuci & syrian yg will be starting a new cycle in sept, your semangat actually encourage me to join this forum u knw.

Briefly, ive been TTC for 3yrs. Was diagnose with endo ovary & did my laparoscopy in 2011.
Tried concieve naturally for 2yrs until I was reffered to KKHIVF Dr Sadhana in feb 2013. Failed 1 IUI, then Dr found out my endo grows again on my Left ovary.
Other then that all ok. Hence recommended to do IVF.
Was put to Lucrin to supress hormone lvl right aft the failed IUI to start of IVF. But they found water cyst & had to cxl procedure.
Then right after i menses again, dr start me with Gynera oral contraceptive for 3wks followed by Lucrin for 2wks.

Im scheduled for U/S this 4/9 to see if my hormone lvl is ok and to start off with stimulation for IVF.
My Qn is any of u all had to go through this 'supress homone lvl' thingy? Im so scare that my procedure would be cxl again.

_sar_

Assalamualaikum ladies,
It's been awhile ive followed tru this thread. Congrats to those yg da berjaya preggy. *grabbing all ur babydust*
And I believe to chaysuci & syrian yg will be starting a new cycle in sept, your semangat actually encourage me to join this forum u knw.

Briefly, ive been TTC for 3yrs. Was diagnose with endo ovary & did my laparoscopy in 2011.
Tried concieve naturally for 2yrs until I was reffered to KKHIVF Dr Sadhana in feb 2013. Failed 1 IUI, then Dr found out my endo grows again on my Left ovary.
Other then that all ok. Hence recommended to do IVF.
Was put to Lucrin to supress hormone lvl right aft the failed IUI to start of IVF. But they found water cyst & had to cxl procedure.
Then right after i menses again, dr start me with Gynera oral contraceptive for 3wks followed by Lucrin for 2wks.

Im scheduled for U/S this 4/9 to see if my hormone lvl is ok and to start off with stimulation for IVF.
My Qn is any of u all had to go through this 'supress homone lvl' thingy? Im so scare that my procedure would be cxl again.

_sar_

Salam dear...

Those on long protocol for IVF need to be on Lucrin...Which is the suppress of hormones...Hmm go tru ur scan and get updates from ur dr..Hopefully all is clear and u can go ahead for ur IVF...It's good to make sure all ur complications is clear before u start IVF..Wish u all the best..Think positive ya...Take care...

Salam dear...

bubli26, thks for e well wish. I guess now only i knew of e short & long protocol. I tried google of any tips to prevent any complication but could find any sistas of similar to my situation. But I guess ++ thinking is a step closer. :)

Those on long protocol for IVF need to be on Lucrin...Which is the suppress of hormones...Hmm go tru ur scan and get updates from ur dr..Hopefully all is clear and u can go ahead for ur IVF...It's good to make sure all ur complications is clear before u start IVF..Wish u all the best..Think positive ya...Take care...

Yes San San...Think positive..All will go smoothly...Setiap dugaan ada hikmahnya...Insya-allah Amin...U take care...And hope to hear gd news from you soon...;-)

Gd morning ladies..

Salam Sar..i also have endo. Went for lap in 2006. Ttc for almost 4 yrs. Did my checks when i still could not get preggy. Dr found i got endo again on my both ovaries last yr. Was put under lucrin jabs for 2 doses & after tat my endo actuali shrunk. Dr said if possible dun want me go thro lap again coz may cause more scarring inside. Before i start ttc again, Dr did a hsg on me & found both tubes block. Tats when i go thro lap again & start my ivf journey.

Never tried Gynera before. Did ur menses come when u r on Gynera? Did ur gynae say wat cause ur water cyst? I was put under Yasmin & Visanne to suppress hormones & put endo in control. Both pills actuali suppress ovulation & thus no menses. I stopped visanne juz a mth before i start my first ivf. So u on short or long protocol? Hope u can be given the green light to start ur ivf soon..

Salam ladies,
I think my next question sound weird..but I just need to ask.
Every morning, I will sneeze non stop.. and at this current state, everytime I sneeze, my tummy hurts. And the fear of what if the embbies 'jatuh'. Anyone has this thought before or im just being paranoid?

Salam Syrian,

My IVF journey started with long protocol w lucrin i think it was 21days, but dr tk explain its to control my endo, just says to suppress. Then on my 2nd day menses i did scan (to see if i can proceed to stimulation stage) but they found water cyst sitting at both side of ovary hence cycle was cxl and was told to come for repeat scan when my next menses comes.

My next menses delay for almost a month & it was the most painful. (I guess my system was trying to flush out) Also my scan shows that my left cyst grew but still not alarming size for opt.

I did qn dr if i should go for another lap then within 6mths i go for IVF for better chance, but she also said lap will cause scarring & reduce chances of producing better quality egg.

So Dr change me to take Gynera oral contraceptive which i believe is the one helping to control my endo & prevent ovulation. Cos recent scan shows endo size has shrink from 3.7 to 2.5. On my 2nd day of lucrin, i came my menses 3 days ahead of sched. So i guess it regulates menses.

:) keeping it positive mind cos i research & consult others, says getting pregnant is still possible even with endo.

For your case, dr keeps u on contraceptive pill ke? to control your endo before your oct/ nov ET ER?

Hi Sar_San,
MasyaAllah. Thank u for the article. It does ease me.. a lot!
U are with Dr Sadhana too? The 2 ladies that were ard during the same ET day as me all with her too. My IVF journey with her has been a smooth one..bt I heard she's nt doing any deliveries nw. Is it true? Someone told me..bt I told myself will only think abt that after the result of my BT.

Thanks sis. InsyaAllah. ..insyaAllah.

Hi Sar_San,
U are with Dr Sadhana too? The 2 ladies that were ard during the same ET day as me all with her too. My IVF journey with her has been a smooth one..bt I heard she's nt doing any deliveries nw. Is it true? Someone told me..bt I told myself will only think abt that after the result of my BT.

Alhamdulilah sue, u r most welcome..
Yea i also read here in the forum that dr sadhana don't do delivery. But as for me i alr have open date with my previous gynea dr suzanna. I feel v comfortable w her. She's a assoc consultant, maybe you may want to search for best gynea u preffered. Insyallah..

Assalamualaikum ladies,
And I believe to cahysuci & syrian yg will be starting a new cycle in sept, your semangat actually encourage me to join this forum u knw.

Salam dear sar_san
Alhamdulillah sis. Kita sama² gain knowledge from here. Good thing about being in the forum, we are able to share our sadness together cos all of us going thru the same path. We understand each other feelings and experiences even tho each of us come from different medical backgrounds & illnesses. Tomorrow you'll be going for hormone lvl appt right? Hopefully everything goes smoothly and u able to proceed with the stimulation. Ameen.

Gonna start my journey sometime in Nov, Thanks syrian. I've noted the dates in my calender. Prof is a very busy man hehe,.. every month got conference.. hopefully he's available during my retrieval and transfer.

Alhamdulillah..Gd to hear some of u have started cycling again..Hope this time round will be good news for all of us..Insya-allah Amin...;-)

Weather has been very gloomy and cooling these few days...Nice weather ...But very sleepy in the ofis...hehehe..Have a great week Sistas..

Salam everyone, glad to hv found this thread.. a bit of background info, i'm a mom of 1, who's turning 6 this Oct - conceived naturally.
Have been trying for second one since 2009 but to no avail. Did 2 IUI with NUH last nov and dec and both were unsuccessful.

Went to see another specialist in Mt E and was diagnosed with PCOS from the 1st appt- scan showed the PCOS.
Have been on Metformin since Feb this year and with this specialist I did: 4 X SO-Natural but all 4 were unsuccessful.
Tried SO-IUI last month, also unsuccessful. Going for another round of SO-IUI soon.

Giving myself 2 more rounds of IUI before I decide to embark on IVF.. Thinking of doing at NUH with Prof PC Wong. I see that a few sisters here is with Prof Wong kat nuh kan? :)

may i ask, i baca that most sisters tried acupuncture- was the acupuncture sessions done at the hospital itself or tcm ? tanx in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Sar_San,

Salam sis,

Yes, it's true that Dr Sadhana no longer do delivery. She will follow you through your IVF stages till you BFP and will release to discharge you from her care once you hit either Week 11 or Week 12. She will ask you to think of your preferred gynae on your first scan session with her. So, don't worry too much for now... just enjoy your 2ww and take it one at a time :)

Salam everyone, glad to hv found this thread.. a bit of background info, i'm a mom of 1, who's turning 6 this Oct - conceived naturally.
Have been trying for second one since 2009 but to no avail. Did 2 IUI with NUH last nov and dec and both were unsuccessful.

Went to see another specialist in Mt E and was diagnosed with PCOS from the 1st appt- scan showed the PCOS.
Have been on Metformin since Feb this year and with this specialist I did: 4 X SO-Natural but all 4 were unsuccessful.
Tried SO-IUI last month, also unsuccessful. Going for another round of SO-IUI soon.

Giving myself 2 more rounds of IUI before I decide to embark on IVF.. Thinking of doing at NUH with Prof PC Wong. I see that a few sisters here is with Prof Wong kat nuh kan? :)

may i ask, i baca that most sisters tried acupuncture- was the acupuncture sessions done at the hospital itself or tcm ? tanx in advance!

Hi Rainbowsweet..

yup quite a no. of sistas here under NUH...

Accupuncture sessions depends on where u wan to do it..

For hospital TCM..U can approach either Thomson TCM or Raffles Hospital TCM..Both r done at the hospital itself as they have specific clinics for that..They do have a package u can sign up for the accupuncture session..Alil more ex than normal TCM...

Hi Rainbowsweet..

yup quite a no. of sistas here under NUH...

Accupuncture sessions depends on where u wan to do it..

For hospital TCM..U can approach either Thomson TCM or Raffles Hospital TCM..Both r done at the hospital itself as they have specific clinics for that..They do have a package u can sign up for the accupuncture session..Alil more ex than normal TCM...
Hi bubbli26!! Thanks a lot!..ok nanti i google lagi for more info.. :)

i am still reading this thread- 23 pages of it.. :) tanx again!

Salam all..
i nak ask , is it safe to put hot water beg on my tummy when i rasa cramp esp the 1st few days after the insertion (2ww)?

Hi Sar_san & want2bamummy,
Thanks for clarifying abt Dr Sandhana.

Rainbowsweet, thanks for sharing.

Hi blurs, I pon rasa cramp. Would like to know if thats possible too.

Anyway ladies..My cramps frm ER is finally fading away slowly. Almost a week. Initially I thought its OHSS bt I dont have the symptoms stated. Nak makan panadol tak berani...takot ada side effects.

Anyway, I've been reading past entries in this thread. Very curious on the type of supplements to eat during the 2WW.
Abt spirulina...and blackmores.
Currently, Im consuming folic acid (daily), chicken essence ( once every 2-3 days) and Anmum (daily). Should I get blackmores? I hve been consuming habbatussauda seeds before ivf..can I continue in this stage?

Salam Cahya & semua sistas..

Yes I did my hormone scan & bld test. Alhamdulillahirabbil alamin.. I dpt green light & now I'm on stim stage. Ameen ameen..
So now 2 injection.. still on lucrin & add on purgeon.
So is it at this stage I sld deligently eat egg whites? Whats can I do my best to 'grow & ++ my eggs??
-sar-

Salam all..
i nak ask , is it safe to put hot water beg on my tummy when i rasa cramp esp the 1st few days after the insertion (2ww)?

Blurs.. U hv done ET kan.. Dun use hot bag.. U beli those warmer patch.. At daiso or winter clothing shop ada jual.. Byk kan rest.. Dun exert too much... The cramps will eventually go away

Hi Sar_san & want2bamummy,
Thanks for clarifying abt Dr Sandhana.

Rainbowsweet, thanks for sharing.

Hi blurs, I pon rasa cramp. Would like to know if thats possible too.

Anyway ladies..My cramps frm ER is finally fading away slowly. Almost a week. Initially I thought its OHSS bt I dont have the symptoms stated. Nak makan panadol tak berani...takot ada side effects.

Anyway, I've been reading past entries in this thread. Very curious on the type of supplements to eat during the 2WW.
Abt spirulina...and blackmores.
Currently, Im consuming folic acid (daily), chicken essence ( once every 2-3 days) and Anmum (daily). Should I get blackmores? I hve been consuming habbatussauda seeds before ivf..can I continue in this stage?

Panadol can eat.. No problem.. Panadol extra tak ole la..

The supplements u r taking is gd enuff actually.. U can add in brazil nuts n durians.. But remember to drink alot of water..

Abt habbatussauda.. Hmm not sure abt this.. Tak pernah mkn .. Wat is it gd for by the way?

Sar_San,
Alhamdulillah good luck dear. During my injections, I know nothing abt food and supplements. Doc retrieved 6 eggs. All matured but cz of low sperm mobility, only 2 r fertilised. InsyaAllah with the info by other sisters, u'll hv more ++eggs.

Thanks Bubbli for the info.

Actually habbatussauda is supplements for me. I senang sakit. After eating for a mth, my asthma attack dah subside..I fell sick less easily.. in fact that month, I tk amik mc pon. Cuma takot too heaty for the body if I eat at this stage.

Sue & blurs,
I nvr believe in panadol but i read article says if its really really necessary, eat mild panadol.
Also, I overheard a pt in e clinic today asking abt e cramping & bloatedness. E nurse says drink plenty of water.

Sar_San,

Thanks dear. I'm trying my best not to rely on panadol at the moment. N ya, been drinking lots of plain water.
Kept peeing also.
:D:D

Salam Sistas.

Nak tanya...anyone has any contact for makcik urut..

Ole pm me or email me @ [email protected]

Thanks

Assalamu'alaikum bubbli26,
I have a relative of mine who do pre and post natal massage..She also helps those who have been wanting to get preggers with Allah's will..If you are interested you can PM me or I can post her number here...

I read that some of our sisters here have endo which I was also diagnosed with. Dr Loh S F did the minor surgery on me (did only 3 incisions to get rid of the endo tissue) but I still have menses cramps,although the cramps are lighter before surgery. I discovered this cream called Lumiglow, where I apply on my womb area twice a day and Alhamdulillah my menses cramp are non-existent. It is certified Halal by Malaysia and it can also be applied to other parts of the body. I am not trying to sell anything but I just want to share this wonderful cream. It costs ard $95 - $100 though for a jar of that Lumiglow cream..

I am currently in my 2WW since my FET transfer on 29/08/2013 and BETA is on 16/09/2013. Funny thing is when I asked KKH whether they are able to gimme HL (since my other 3 IVFs were given 16 days HL), they said for FET they do not give HL at all. I am on my feet 70% of the time so now I avoid strenuous exercises. But I had tested on HPT on 3/09/13 and it was BFN so I dunno whether it is too early or maybe I should juz go about my normal life pretending that I am not undergoing FET coz my FET is a natural FET therefore there are no injections whatsoever except for the ET...

2WW is really playing with my mind o_O

Salam Rashal,
I pon tgh 2WW. U did ET 2 days before me. My BT on 17th.. a day after urs.

U mean there's no HL?! I don't understand. U need the same rest..kenapa no HL? I do hope work isn't stressing you.

I have no injections at all. Doc only prescribe me with utrogestan till 17th.

I hope all is well for u Rashal. Take care.

Assalamu'alaikum bubbli26,
I have a relative of mine who do pre and post natal massage..She also helps those who have been wanting to get preggers with Allah's will..If you are interested you can PM me or I can post her number here...

I read that some of our sisters here have endo which I was also diagnosed with. Dr Loh S F did the minor surgery on me (did only 3 incisions to get rid of the endo tissue) but I still have menses cramps,although the cramps are lighter before surgery. I discovered this cream called Lumiglow, where I apply on my womb area twice a day and Alhamdulillah my menses cramp are non-existent. It is certified Halal by Malaysia and it can also be applied to other parts of the body. I am not trying to sell anything but I just want to share this wonderful cream. It costs ard $95 - $100 though for a jar of that Lumiglow cream..

I am currently in my 2WW since my FET transfer on 29/08/2013 and BETA is on 16/09/2013. Funny thing is when I asked KKH whether they are able to gimme HL (since my other 3 IVFs were given 16 days HL), they said for FET they do not give HL at all. I am on my feet 70% of the time so now I avoid strenuous exercises. But I had tested on HPT on 3/09/13 and it was BFN so I dunno whether it is too early or maybe I should juz go about my normal life pretending that I am not undergoing FET coz my FET is a natural FET therefore there are no injections whatsoever except for the ET...

2WW is really playing with my mind o_O

Salam Rashal..

nice to hear from u..Alhamdulillah u r on ur 2ww again.

Can pm ur relative contact no. It's actually for a fren of mine..Skrg ni susah nak cari makcik urut yang good..

Wish u all the best in ur 2ww..And hope to hear good news fomr u dear...

As salam Sue Dazey...glad to have u in 2WW too...
Urs is FET too? I was prescribed with Cyclogest for now twice a day until my BT on 16 Sept..
Not sure why KK dun wanna give me HL coz they sait itz natural FET...
Maybe they wanna mimic like a 'natural' pregnancy like tt only difference I know there are 2 embryos inside me..
Now I am taking vit B Complex, Zinc and Brazil Nuts..
I bought Brazil Nuts online at www.gardenpicks.com, a sg company, coz tried at Cold Storage n other places but to no avail..

May Allah swt grants us and the ladies here in the forum the chance to be mothers, insya' Allah

Salam Rashal..

nice to hear from u..Alhamdulillah u r on ur 2ww again.

Can pm ur relative contact no. It's actually for a fren of mine..Skrg ni susah nak cari makcik urut yang good..

Wish u all the best in ur 2ww..And hope to hear good news fomr u dear...

Thanks bubbli dear...I pray that the next step u take will also result in a positive n lasting pregnancy...Aamiinn
I will PM u in a short while...

Hi Rashal,
I'm doing fresh embryo transfer....not frozen. So FET is fresh or frozen? Hehee I'm still getting used to all the abbreviations.

Hi Rashal,
I'm doing fresh embryo transfer....not frozen. So FET is fresh or frozen? Hehee I'm still getting used to all the abbreviations.

FET is Frozen Embryo Transfer dear...
My fresh all didnt turn out well..
This is my last journey coz i dun hv any more frozen embryos..
And to go thru IVF again with all the stimulations is just too time consuming..
But I am thankful to Allah that this time FET is very smooth..
Juz come for u/s to check ovulation day and when ovulated,itz time for transfer..
So it is less stressful for me..u hv any embryos left to freeze?

Back