IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Goodgrl, all the jabs are not so scary compare to the support jab after BFP and yet I believe everyone here are hoping to get the jab soon.
So looking forward for that painful jab after BFP yah... =)

Su -> in third trisemester.
Coolcool -> in first trisemester.
Dadwannabe's wife -> in first trisemester
Pink -> ER on 13 July
Andreanie -> ER on 16 July
Serene -> ER next week?
Goodgrl -> ER next week?
Mel -> waiting for AF
vi4n -> medicated FET started 10 July.
Bluenosebear -> waiting for AF
Jamp -> start with Aug AF
Mumwannabe -> status?

Vi4n, yah I looked thru ur older posts and learnt u are a mummy from ur fresh and hope ur coming FET a success with another little one 

Yeah, this thread is more active.
For those in2ww or going to be in the waiting game, do relax as much as you can. Don't stress yourself over symptoms. I strongly feel it's not good. For my 2nd attempt, I was literally looking for symptom n I guess it had stressed my body in a way n my cycle was not successful.

I know it's easier said then done but try ok
happy.gif

Pink -> ER on 13 July
Serene -> ER next week?
Goodgrl -> ER next week?
Mel -> waiting for AF
Bluenosebear -> waiting for AF
Jamp -> start with Aug AF
Mumwannabe -> start with Aug AF

What does the insurance cover huh? Pays us $ when what happens, like complications from premature baby so cover for baby's bills? What's the name of the plan?

I'm also on letrozole on trying to naturally conceive this month but feels hopeless now.. Hehe. AF coming and my bbt so low at 36.67 only.

Hi jamp- we'll be cycle mate!!

Jamp, the first born egg is small in size. I jus took once a day.
U can take daily but if u worry about cholesterol then if u note u already take any food with egg then don't take again.

Mumwannabe: u need to pay premium depending on the embryos transferred to you ( 7d before ET)
2 - 291.04
3 - 924.48

this covered baby who is hospitalised in neonatal(level 2 care) or NICU. the plan pays a daily benefit of hosp confinement up to max $54K for each child until 180 days old.

hope this helps!

im wondering how long should I take the egg whites? is it until the 2 week wait? im taking 2-3 boiled egg whites as I get easily a full stomach after eating those. I usually take it at night and couldn't eat dinner afterwards.

Goodgrl, that's a lot. The most I ate was 2 and for breakfast.
Yah I ate until ER only actually.

Serene-Don worry think is the stim drugs that make the discharge like that. I also have it the other round.
Pink-Great that all 3 are fertilized. So the 3rd one would be frozen at which day?
Good that this round yr hubby is with U. He would be with U in Singapore fo rthe entire 2ww?
Think with him around U would emotionally feel better with his support too.
Now update of me:
Yesterday after accu, my AF is here.
So Suprefact would be jabbed on 2/8.

Vi-Think Spirulina also is high protein, I read somewhere. But fo rme, becos of PCOS, I worry of OHSS, so I better guai guai eat the eggwhites when start stim.

ladies! i had my last jab just now! so happy no more jabs! phew... hehe now waiting for saturday for OR.
nurse told me that it will take 30 mins max and i'll wake up, stay there for 3 hours and can go back already. oh they'll let u eat once u wake up also. so now im soooo prepared heheeh....

serene - yes i too had a lot of discharge when i start on the gonalf. really a lot, i even asked the nurse if its normal. she said yes cos the follies are growing, hence the extra amt of discharge.

by the way ladies, found out today that gonalf tends to make us flatulence and gassy! now that explains why every time an hour after my gonalf injection i will tend to have gassy tummy until the next morning! :S

Andreanie, so your OR is on Saturday. Good luck.
I think if it falls on Sat, you do not have to wait till late evening to be discharge. Is your OR in the morning?

If it happens during weekedays, OR always happen around 12 or 1, that is why we will be discharge late for the day.

Thanks, Vi!

mumwannabe, sorry, what does AF stand for? :p sorry me still not used to some acronyms used here

Blue, me also starting suprefact on 2 Aug!

hi pink, all the best to ur ET today : ) & relax during ur 2ww.

hi andreanie, all the best to ur ER tomolo : ) Lie down n rest after ER when @ home to help u lessen the crampy feeling.

hi jamp, AF=Aunty Flow= menes

hi doramee,
OR = Oocyte Retreive
AF = Aunty Flow
BFP = Big Fat Positive (Preggy)
ER = Egg Retreive (Same as OR)
ET = Egg Transfer

su - yup, my egg retrieval is at 830am tomorrow. must report by 7am. so i guess by noon can go home already since they all halfday.

goodgrl & serene - thank u! hope everything went smooth tomorrow! today i busy cleaning my room, change bedsheet all hahaha..so that tmr will feel comfy when i come back home.

Thank you so much, Serene!

Thanks to Doramee for listing down the acronyms, I dunno wat is OR.

Yeah, all the best, Andreanie!

thank you so much, Serene.

Thanks to Doramee for listing down all acronyms, I dunno wat is OR initially :>

Yeah, all the best, Andreanie!

Su & Andreanie-OR on sat is early in the morning, becos hf day on sat.Andreanie, so u don need to tahan hunger till evening.
Jamp then we are cycle buddies le. Hope we get to meet up when doing scans hor
Pink- all the best for yr ET today

Pink -> ET on 15 July
Serene -> ER next week?
Goodgrl -> ER next week?
Mel -> waiting for AF
Bluenosebear -> Suprefact 2 Aug
Jamp -> Suprefact 2 Aug
Mumwannabe -> start with Aug AF

Eh, my ER was in the AM but i still discharged at 5.30pm because that's only when the duty doctor has time to see me. I was super hungry.

viv - urs on saturday too? how come discharge so long? nurses said right after we wake up they'll gv milo and biscuit already and go back 3 hours after.

my OR will be at 830am tmr.

Andreanie, mine was a Wednesday. but it is like after wake up, then wait.. for the attending dr to see us. and that's like don't know when. Only after that then will give us milo and biscuit. then will monitor again to see if we will vomit or not. that can be another 1-2hrs loh. Then can discharge.

I was in the room resting practically from 11 till 5.30 loh.

viv - ooh no wonder. mine is tmr, saturday. they are on halfday so by 12-1pm should be leavng for home already. how come not your doctor who see u after that? i was told dr chew will be doing the retrieval for me.
nevermind, tmr or sunday ill update!
happy.gif

hi just wanna ask for those who had their ER, are your husband with you or somebody else? my hubby has work I dunno if he can ask for a leave or is it ok if I go alone?

Hi goodgrl,
Your husband needs to produce sperm on that day. And don't forget to ask him to clear 3-4 days before ER date.

goodgrl: NUH can freeze your hubby's sperm one day before. If your hubby really cannot take leave on that day, you can consider this option.

hi goodgrl, it is better tat ur hub can take leave on ur ER. Firstly, ur hub need to produce sperm on tat day. Fresh sperm is better than freeze sperm. Secondly, u might not feeling well after ER. So u might need someone to accompany u home.

Goodgrl, Your hub can go early to produce the very important player in this operation, then he can go off to work.
You just make sure to arrange someone to go home with you or they will not discharged you. My mil was with me that day and for the ET as well as hub was not convenient to accompany me.

Andreanie, the dr who discharged us is not Prof or Dr Chew. It will be the doctor in charged of the Day Surgery, so they may not be working only half a day loh.

Anyway ya u update us tomorrow or Sunday what time you discharge ok. =)

My ER was done by Dr Chew as Prof wasn't around. then ET done by Prof.

andreanie-they might let U rest longer, as day surgery ward is open through out the day, only the theatre itself & CHR DR & nurses are half-day.
If U are awake, & super hungry, can tell the nurse there.
Becos that time I waited till like 6pm still no news to discharge me. So I ask the nurse to chase the on-call dr to review me.

viv & blue - thanks gals for the info. dnt worry ill make sure ill chase them and be discharge quick hahahaah..... ok update u gals tmr!
happy.gif

Andreannie, do update us
happy.gif

my 3rd attempt, prof came to review me. Perhaps it was
a Friday n he was free. Was surprised by his visit too.

Andreanie- all the best for yr ET.
Sleep early & well tonight.
Pink- hope yr ET goes smoothly.
I so sleepy & tire today, will bath & zz early.
Sweet dreams sistas.

thanks Blue! I'm still watching tv & eating haha... will sleep around midnight. cos nowadays whenever i want to sleep my tummy will croak and i will want to eat something. so i better eat bit by bit till 11plus. Was told that my gassy tummy is from the gonalf jab. today no jabs, feels way better!

hi andreanie, my previous er was also fell in sat. did my er @ 8plus am. then prof came to review mi @ 11plus n told mi no of follicles retrieved. i was given milo n biscult after prof gave green light to release mi. i discharged @ 12plus.
remember u hav to start fasting @ 12midnite later. all e best to ur er
happy.gif

serene! yes yes have to start fasting at 12 midnite. thanks dear! thank u for the info! hehee.. by the way hub can stay in the recovery room right? since i opted for the single bedder?

andreaine, yup. for both er n et, hub will wait for us in e ward. remind ur hub to bring something to do/play while waiting to b discharged.

pink, hows ur et today?

Gd morning, sistas.
Andreanie-U must be very goggy now.
I feel very refresh after slept early yesterday, but today I'm working.
Serene-if ER on Sat abit not worth to take single bedder le, becos only get to rest till half day, hehe.
But also good becos if not would be very hungry.

My wife and I went to women's clinic this morning to get her support jab. We bumped into Prof Wong on the corridor. I think he just operated on andreanie and came up. He looked happy. Andreanie's result must be good.

My wife asked him some questions on the spot, and saved $70 consultation fee. :D

Back