IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Andreanie, it's normal to feel heavy at the lower abdominal with discharge. It's all your follicle growing. I was quite bloated too
happy.gif

Hi Su and Blue,
My understanding from the CHR nurse when she explained us about the expenses is they will deduct directly from medisave for ART monitoring, Oocyte recovery, embryo replacement and micromanipulation charges and the remaining amt they will refund by cheque. The above expenses cost about 4483. But they just deduct 3200 and asked me to settle the remaining 1200. So I was a bit confused. Yeah..They deducted 3k each from my hubby's and my medisave ac already. Anyway, i will ask them to interpret. Thanks.

Assa,
They will not charge chepaer unless you use lesser medication like gonalf. If they are the same as first cycle or even more, then definitely the charges will differ.

Su - thanks for the info. Feel relieved that its normal. Phew...

Ladies, I just came back from CHR. Tdy good news for me, follies growing and there's 8 on left at 15mm the largest and 4 on left at 12.5mm the largest. Seems like the left side follies catch up very fast with the right side during the weekend. Infact they grew much faster! So they said egg retrieval will be either on Friday or Saturday.
happy.gif

hi blue, tis round i took immunocal, yu ren seng chicken essence (no strong smell) & eggwhite
No more acupuncture.

hi pink, thanks for the info on the yoga postures tat can help blood circulation. I start trying the postures last nite. I would suggest u borrow some books from the library instead of buying. U like korean drama? I have a few comedy romance to recommendation. city hall, robbers, city hunters, my princess. How is ur scan?

hi andreanie, wow ur follicles r growing fast. congrats! ER coming soon.

today is day 6 of my stims jab. Went for my u/s n bt tis morning. 10 follicles around 7mm-10mm. Waiting for bt result to see if going to increase my gonalf dosage.

Serene-Is this round more follicles? It looks like the growth of the follicles more even hor.
I read this post here, really inspire me to cheong with yr.
Hopefully when is my turn have sistas to cheong with me.

Serene - looks like it! No wonder been hvg more twinges on my left. Now I must talk more to my right side! Lol!
U were there in CHR? What time? I was there ard 845.

Blue - we will always be here to support each other!

Blue...i will do that for you
happy.gif

I will be at NUH later for my medical appointment. All of you had already left...hehehe..

See ya

hi blue, the no of follicles around the same. still early to tell. last round my follicles grew veri slow after 10mm. So now i m praying hard. Tis round i seeing prof more frequently. Just got a call from CHR. Prof increase my dosage to 225iu. Seeing him on Wednesday. No matter wat, we will still b around to support u : ) Jiayou!!

hi andreanie, tis morning i went to emerald clinic to do my u/s 1st. Then went up to CHR for bt around 9.20am. Will be going for u/s n bt tis Wednesday. U also right?

su - missed bumping into you today hehee...

serene - yup, im coming back on wednesday. possibly be my last appt before the egg retrieval. Now im on 225 also hehe..

Anyway sistas, can you tell me more about egg retrieval, what they will do on that day? And how long does the process takes?

Andreanie, getting excited for you... ;) the numbers are good.

Cool cool, yeah get CHR to explain on the bill or jus call up the Nuh billing.

My AF is finally here.

Andreannie, yeah missed you today.
Egg retrieval is quite short process.
You can't ear from midnite eve of retrieval till the next day like 4-5pm. You will report around 10am to day surgerycentre. Hubby will then be required to give his sperm.
They will give you the gas to knock you off. Process is very short. You may be awake abt an hr later. Not painful
happy.gif

Andreanie, you have a bunch of growing follies there, that's good! May they turn into beautiful embies. Regarding ER, if you have history of gastric problem, let the CHR nurse know and they will advise you to take gatric med to line your stomach the night before ER. I took her advice so did not suffer any gastric pain.

Serene, good idea to borrow books, but I lost my library card already, need to go and make. Ya, I like to watch korean drama when I have nothing else to do, else I'll get addicted to it and don't do housework. Haha... Thinking of getting Style, the Korean version of 'devil wears prada'.
You also have a good number of follies. Hope they continue to grow big and nice.
Had My D10 scan today- I have 3 follies, 2 of them are ready at 22 & 19, lining is 14mm, so prof Ng said it's good for a natural IVf cycle. Had my ovidrel jab tonight and ER is on Wed. Very happy today coz there's no more injections tomorrow! Yeah...

I hope you ladies don't mind me staying on this thread altho I'm not with NUH anymore.

Blue, I will also cheer you on your upcoming cycle.

blue, remember u n i have been old buddies since iui days. We been thru thick n thin together. With our "never give up" spirit, i really really wish tat we will bfp veri soon.. And of course, same to all the sistas here.

pink, u can use NRIC to borrow books. No need library card. I like to watch korea drama too, especially their acting n storyline.
All the best to ur ER on Wed. Hope ur 3 follies contain healthy eggs, 100% fertilisation n bfp : ) U r definitely welcome here to share experiences wif us.

hi andreanie, like su_yana mentioned, ER procedure is veri fast n not painful. But after ER when u woke up, u might feel crampy n abit bloated on ur tummy area. But tats normal. You can take normal panadol if the pain got worsen during nite time. Dun worry. Anything doubtful, jus ask here, we will try to advise u.

hi goodgirl, welcome here. How's ur scan today?

hi goodgirl, wow u hav 17 follicles. In order to prevent ohss, prof will reduce ur gonalf dosage. Btw, take more protein food such as soft-boiled eggwhite, it can help to reduce ohss.

Serene, Medicated for this cycle. so more controllable and less scanning.
I'm hoping first or second week of August.

Pink, best wishes..

For myself, the ER was at 8am leh. You may have slight bleeding from downunder and also bloated feeling. NUH will let you rest in the room for couple of hours. I kept asking the nurse when can eat, I was so hungry. ha ha.
Then when took a cab back, i thought I was giddy, but turn out there was an earthquake.
My discomfort was only the bloated feeling, but once can pee (this might sting a bit too) i was feeling much better.

Goodgrl, wah, yes, you better take more protein to avoid OHSS. Can try the Ensure drink, Egg White, and drink more water to flush out.

Su & Serene - Thanks for the info dears. When will they wake us up? How many hours after that can we go home? Is the GA given via injection or breathing? Been a while since my last GA hehe..

I hope tonight is my last night of gonal f. Will update u gals tmr.

Pink - All the VERY BEST to ur Wed ER. I heard from nurse that Prof Ng got an op on Wed so u are that patient. I'm starting my cycle D21 on Wed.

Last few weeks I've been really worried about my recurring cyst/endo. Today I saw my gynae and was cleared of active (different fm no endo) endo and said I'm one of the few who is very sensitive to hormonal changes in my body hence I can 'feel' the menstrual stages.

BTW, Pink, to encourage further, my gynae told me Prof Ng "... he is very good..."

Vi4n, you are doing a fresh cycle?

Andreanie, they will not really wake you up. Somehow you will wake up on your own. When the nurse see you opening your eyes, they will call your name then they will push you back to your room.

GA is by breathing in gas.
But somehow i remembered my 2nd fresh, seems they inject me with something and then i was sleeping. So perhaps, there is injection form too.
It will be a long day for egg retrieval. You will only go home around 6 once dr sees you for the day. May not be your Ivf dr, maybe the dr on duty at day surgery.

Yeah like what serene mention, we will advise you.
We will be your doctor when you are at home..heheh. You can call CHR nurses on their handphone. They are nice ppl and willing to help.

Su, what pre-natal vitamins you taking now? Prof Wong recommended one or you bought yourself one? I wasn't given any pre-natal vitamins yet apart from folic acid.

Pink-so fast, tomorrow is the ER liao.
Jiayou, don forget U can't eat tonight hor.
For clarification:
GA is by injection of medication to make U relax & zzz. The one that U breathe in in normal oxygen.
Serene-Think we would all graduate to mother-to be instead of here already. Then let all the sistas here move there man.

My prenatal vits was only prescribed by prof wong after 12weeks. Calcium tablet n multi vit which has high content of iron. I lost my appetite n felt nausea after eating the multi vit. So my next visit to my new gynae j brought up my problem with that vitamin, she then prescribed Obimin.
First 12 weeks wasbonly folic acid n duphaston.

Hey Blue, after you sistas all graduate to mums-to-be, please, please do not stop coming back to offer advice. Newbies like me need you all!!!

I attended the talk last Sat, very informative. Will be seeing Prof Wong this Thurs to review investigative test results.

I'm very touched to see you gals encouraging each other over at this forum.

May God bless all of us here with healthy babies!!!

Hey u can try the blacksmore conceive well. Prof approved it ;)

I'm on medicated FET this time.

Bec the GA dosage is not high, so very fast you will wake up already. Then will rest in the room.
Before u go, check your MC and all ok.

andreanie: When the Dr come to see you, he/she will tell you how many eggs were retrieved on the spot. Feel very stressed in the entire afternoon. The next morning, the embryologist will call you and tell you how many eggs are fertilized. Good luck to your ER.

Who is on what stage now ah?

I can't keep track.

Coolcool in first trisemester.

Su in third trisemester.

Dadwannabe's wife in first trisemester. Btw how is your wife? with the jab? try to put warm towel after the jab and massage a bit.
Cool cool you too.. sore, right? some days i can't even walk without feeling the jab part soreness. but i did notice which thigh has lesser pain, then I will jab more on that thigh. Instead of alternate them for every jab.

Andreanie ->
Bluenosebear ->
Pink ->
Mel ->
Jamp ->
Goodgrl ->
Serene ->
vi4n -> medicated FET started 10 July.

Did I miss anyone?

hi.. i am new in this thread. i will go for ivf with nuh and next tues will be my 1st injection. a bit stress coz i didn't prepare well to go for ivf. i heard people will go for accupunture, eat white egg.. i understand now then i go accupuncture is useless liao.. i just started to eat folic acid last week and drink red dates water.. haiz...

Vi4n, good that you are starting the list.
Hope the rest can update and give one another our outmost support
happy.gif

Vi-I waiting for my AF, likely today or tomorrow.
Then start Suprefact on day 21.
Doramee-Don feel stress that U have not start anything.
Just go with the flow.
Since did not start accu, U k start egg whites when U start stimulation jabs.
Any doubts, can ask CHR or here, if we can help U.
Pink-All the best for yr ER today.

Blue, my exact feeling last week. Keep staring at the tissue and thinking why no red.. ;)

Ok so you will start again soon. ;)

Doramee, no stress please. I didn't do accu at all. And yes egg jus start from now will do.

I read some take it raw BUT I took it cooked. ;) I can't swallow raw egg man...
Stimulation time ok for raw but 2nd stage onward take cOoked.
Now u can take Dome or yomeishu also but gonalF time stop.

hi pink, good luck to ur ER today ;)

hi andreaine, hows ur scan today? ER on Fri or Sat?

Update on my scan today. 9 follicles, largest at 14mm, smallest at 7mm. Seeing prof on Sat again. Hopefully will be the last scan b4 er : )

Vi4: Update on my wife. Today she had her first US after BFP. One sac has a size about 1.2cm. Is this size normal?

She still receives the jab (hCG and progestrone) twice a week. She told me it is very sore. I have to massage her butt to relieve her pain.

Back