IUI/SO-IUI/IVF.. LET'S SHARE AND BFP TOGETHER!!!

I got a call from kkivf. Hcg is 999.7 or 997.4.
Asked me reach clinic after 2pm to get medicine...

Baby dust to all!

My dream finally comes true!
Congrats meilingg, hope my blessing not coming too late :).
May I know you are on which day transfer?

you mean your next one? I guess after the 1st scan, the waiting time for 2nd one will be also quite a long one...

And soon by then, 1st trimester over~

Mine is power. After bt taken positive 1st scan is 1wk plus wait. Then after that I change gynae so manage to slot 1st aptm with her 3 weeks after 1st scan and after which my next visit is 7 weeks later (passed 1st trimester already when I see her for the 2nd time) Lolx.

hi. nice to meet u all.i'm joining this thread again after 4 yrs. now trying for my 2nd one. may i know how long is the ivf waiting time now and the fee?

I see, heard that day5 transfer will have higher chance. Your is fresh? Hope that my blast can survive the thaw and implant successfully like u also

Yup mine is fresh.
Good luck to u! I believes ur blast is strong enough!

Hi Ladies!
I went through IUI with Dr Iswaran for 2 times. Its still unsuccesful. He ask me to go through another time of IUI and he said its ok to go through it several time. But my husband wants me to go for IVF. What is the different between IUI and IVF?:(

Hi sweet devil, iui is not much different to natural conception,it only cut short the path that the sperm need to swim. While IVF /icsi actually try to fertilize ur egg by collect the eggs from your ovary and inject the sperm into the eggs in the lab and let it grow. IVF has higher success rate then IVF. In term of cost wise, IVF is higher also. More jabs compare to iui as well..

Hi to all sisters here..
So long did not come in to this forum..
Went to see doctors Matthew today @ KKH for review of my SIS and he is everything is fine.
He asked me whether want to try this new medicine call DHEA? He say there is no side effect but I still thinking..
Wonder any sisters done or heard b4 this DHEA?
If yes, will like to check how is it?

Last edited:
hi ladies...i will be starting my FET cycle. today is my first day of menses and i am going for the natural FET..do i still need to go for D2 scan?and wat is the procedure?any one can advise me?

hi ladies...i will be starting my FET cycle. today is my first day of menses and i am going for the natural FET..do i still need to go for D2 scan?and wat is the procedure?any one can advise me?

hi @santhiya86, in nuh i did daily scan fm day10 onwards till ovulation to check lining. in kkh wat i know u must monitor ur ovulation using kit den inform the nurse den come down for scan lining.

Last edited:
Thanks will made appointment before i go. Plan to go next week.

Actually no point making appointment. Just make sure to take number before 6pm if possible so that you don't have to wait till late.

What I do is I take number first and ask what is the current queue like. Then I will go home, wash up and have dinner then go down again. Usually it'll be my turn by then.

Each acupuncture session is 40mins ($30).

Hope this helps.

Hi Ladies, back to this forum after a few mths and saw the good news of BFP. So happy for those who scucceed, at least i feel more motivated to go for IUI / IVF.
Consulted Dr Zou for 3mths.. Stop for this mth, cos kinda sick of the medicine.. heheh But she ask me to drink wolfberry & red dates water daily as my womb is slightly "colder" so will continue with that while i try natural for this mth.
I have also booked an apt with KK for the 1st consultation on 25-Jun, from there then can determine to go for IUI or IVF. Mind sharing how does the whole procedure work?

1st consultation = screening, SA & BT??

Hi all, I'm having my 1st appt to explore ivf in sgh in mid Jun, can someone advise me what to expect? How fast can they start me on ivf? Sorry to sound desperate but I would like to start fast as my age is catching up...

Hi all, I'm having my 1st appt to explore ivf in sgh in mid Jun, can someone advise me what to expect? How fast can they start me on ivf? Sorry to sound desperate but I would like to start fast as my age is catching up...

Hi, do u mean is ur first appointment to see the doctor? If yes, they will check with u on ur state n have to run through some tests for both u n ur husband before they can recommend ivf or iui.....

Currently if they schedule ivf appointment schedule , the earliest is sep at SGH which was what I know where I did my review on 23 may.

My last ivf was confirmed in Feb 14 in Dec 13. Now the wait seems a bit longer......

Hi, do u mean is ur first appointment to see the doctor? If yes, they will check with u on ur state n have to run through some tests for both u n ur husband before they can recommend ivf or iui.....

Currently if they schedule ivf appointment schedule , the earliest is sep at SGH which was what I know where I did my review on 23 may.

My last ivf was confirmed in Feb 14 in Dec 13. Now the wait seems a bit longer......
Hi, when u mean the schedule for ivf, so u mean the appt with doc or the actual procedure?

Hi all,
I'm new in here. I hope to find help n support here as I am facing a big difficulty. I quitted my job as I was ttc naturally for past 2 yrs. However plans failed. Now I need to make a decision to either go back to work force, then try ivf or just go ahead with ivf without a job. So I need a comprehensive breakdown of possible fees involved if I were to try ivf procedure in restructured hospitals such as kkh. Could any kind soul provide me with some figures tht cannot be found in the official websites? Is it more advisable to try ivf w/o a job? thank u so much.

Hi all,
I'm new in here. I hope to find help n support here as I am facing a big difficulty. I quitted my job as I was ttc naturally for past 2 yrs. However plans failed. Now I need to make a decision to either go back to work force, then try ivf or just go ahead with ivf without a job. So I need a comprehensive breakdown of possible fees involved if I were to try ivf procedure in restructured hospitals such as kkh. Could any kind soul provide me with some figures tht cannot be found in the official websites? Is it more advisable to try ivf w/o a job? thank u so much.
Personally I feel if u could afford not to work, that will be the best. And if u start work and tell your boss u are going for ivf, would that be ok with him/her? And for ivf, if u take subsidies, the $ u need to fork out isn't really that much right, pls correct me if I'm wrong. But if u really need to work, can u consider freelance? Stay at home sort? I'm just sharing ....

Personally I feel if u could afford not to work, that will be the best. And if u start work and tell your boss u are going for ivf, would that be ok with him/her? And for ivf, if u take subsidies, the $ u need to fork out isn't really that much right, pls correct me if I'm wrong. But if u really need to work, can u consider freelance? Stay at home sort? I'm just sharing ....

Angelbaby924, I find It financially very comfortable if it's just me n my hubby...but if there is a kid I prefer to work full time to achieve the same freedom financially..... but I m afraid tht it will be even harder for me to find a job if I have a kid. Thts y Im in a dilemma. ... I can't think properly... on one hand my hubby really want a kid. But on the other end I wan my financial freedom. I also know it isn't easy to conceive even with ivf.. n I feel guilty.

Hi all,

I also personally feel it's better not to be working. At least go on unpaid or take long leave. Cause you will be anxious, so work will make it more stressful.

ImageUploadedByForum1401165827.833195.jpg

MichNg, thanks for the breakdown.... I have a better idea now... However, average how much do I need to fork out in cash?
Also I notice the patient status is 'private'... what does it mean?

I dun think I can go on unpaid leave if I just start a new job. Also I understand if I make an appointment now in kkh... I have to wait for 3 or 4 months before the procedure right?

MichNg, thanks for the breakdown.... I have a better idea now... However, average how much do I need to fork out in cash?
Also I notice the patient status is 'private'... what does it mean?

I dun think I can go on unpaid leave if I just start a new job. Also I understand if I make an appointment now in kkh... I have to wait for 3 or 4 months before the procedure right?

I'm private patient at KKH. Not too sure what that means. I don't hv the co-pay, so overall I paid almost $4k after using medisave $6k. This includes medication.

The waiting period depends on the crowd. I heard it is longer now, since March this year. Last Dec, I had requested for my 1st cycle, at that time, could start immediately in Jan, but my Dr was away so he suggested to wait till Feb.

Who's your Doctor? Hv you confirmed with Dr that IVF is the only option left?

I'm private patient at KKH. Not too sure what that means. I don't hv the co-pay, so overall I paid almost $4k after using medisave $6k. This includes medication.

The waiting period depends on the crowd. I heard it is longer now, since March this year. Last Dec, I had requested for my 1st cycle, at that time, could start immediately in Jan, but my Dr was away so he suggested to wait till Feb.

Who's your Doctor? Hv you confirmed with Dr that IVF is the only option left?

I see... hmmm.... I havent made any official appt at kkh yet... wanna find out more first. I previously went for chks n everything came out normal n thus went for tcm. .. the Chinese physician said iui not recommended as it will be a waste of money as it's more suitable for females who have problem with their cool womb which causes the path for sperm delivery process to have obstacles. So she recommend tht straight to ivf is more cost saving.

Whose ur doctor by the way.. is there any good female doc?

I see... hmmm.... I havent made any official appt at kkh yet... wanna find out more first. I previously went for chks n everything came out normal n thus went for tcm. .. the Chinese physician said iui not recommended as it will be a waste of money as it's more suitable for females who have problem with their cool womb which causes the path for sperm delivery process to have obstacles. So she recommend tht straight to ivf is more cost saving.

Whose ur doctor by the way.. is there any good female doc?

I'm with Dr Tan HH at KKH, male doctor. He is quite well liked, although very busy. He has a forum thread of his own here: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-with-kkh-tan-hh.3800/

Other doctors which I hear quite regularly is:
Dr Sadhana, female, KKH
Dr Jerry, male, KKH
Prof Wong, NUH
Dr Loh, TMC
They also have threads of their own or are discussed regularly in several threads on IVF.

I believe Dr will consider your past diagnosis to consider if IVF is the only method. So, do make appointment to meet the doctor (or a few) to do preliminary tests and gain comfort with the Dr you choose. :) I made that mistake myself, by hesitating for a year cause I was afraid.

@MichNg , I have made my 1st appt with KKH end June. Looking @ the breakdown u posted, does it mean i hv to pay 500+ for the 1st appt?

Mind sharing how the whole process work? Can i still go when i hv AF?

@MichNg , I have made my 1st appt with KKH end June. Looking @ the breakdown u posted, does it mean i hv to pay 500+ for the 1st appt?

Mind sharing how the whole process work? Can i still go when i hv AF?

@Iwanbaby, 1st appointment with Dr or with KKIVF? Usually, meet with Dr first, then Dr will refer you to KKIVF. Based on ur planned cycle date, the KKIVF will arrange for the registration and briefing. The $500+ is payment at the briefing. When meeting Dr, you will pay separate consultation fees instead. Example of myself, I met Dr Tan in Nov, decided on IVF in Dec. Arranged cycle to start in Feb, briefing has to be at min 2 weeks before your AF. So I did mine in early Feb, AF in late Feb. During briefing, they will take blood to do some tests, which hv to be re-taken after 6 months.

chNg said:
I'm with Dr Tan HH at KKH, male doctor. He is quite well liked, although very busy. He has a forum thread of his own here:singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-with-kkh-tan-hh.3800/

others which I hear quite regularly is:
Dr Sadhana, female, KKH
Dr Jerry, male, KKH
Prof Wong, NUH
Dr Loh, TMC
They also have threads of their own or are discussed regularly in several threads on IVF.

I believe Dr will consider your past diagnosis to consider if IVF is the only method. So, do make appointment to meet the doctor (or a few) to do preliminary tests and gain comfort with the Dr you choose. :) I made that mistake myself, by hesitating for a year cause I was afraid.

U have provided me precious information. Really appreciate it. Do u just book appt with dr tan hh online at kkh website or need to go thru other channels first? I dun uunderstand what u mean u are afraid... sorry i am quite slow sometimes .....

Back