IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I did drink red date longan drinks at times..but I cannot stop coffee, is my daily energy driver...hahaha

I also hear n listen as there is no one to guide or advise me... :)

Some can take red date longan drink on daily basis, some maybe alternate day. For my case, the TCM said I can drink everyday, + alternate day DOM. Sounds like my body really damn cold inside :( Coffee is the energy booster for many, hahaha, maybe take it moderately and everything should be fine.

@tinklebbdust yes red bean soup and black glutinuous rice is good so drink esp after ovulation/IUI. Pineapple core aids in giving bromelain. However, it is said that you can only take it for 5 days immediately following your ovulation. But many of us won't risk this because we believe that eating pineapple will cause miscarriage. Your choice really.

I have read from the previous post that red bean soup and black glutinous rice can help on uterus lining, not sure how true it is. Avoid cooling stuff like all the melons including cucumber, cold drink, coffee, raw foods. Oh, and red date longan drink is good also! Some said pineapple cores and brazilian nuts help in implantation. Wear socks (and long pants) to sleep to keep our body warm. I only wear socks 'cuz I always feel hot all the time, but I sleep better ever since I wearing socks to bed. Oh oh, and please remember your daily pre-natal supplement, very important also..

Hahaha I sound like a freak, all the "hear and listen".

Waiting to grab your babydust ;)
yeah, me also 2 months. first month, i was just on clomid. 2nd month, i was clomid + injections + iui. this will be my third month but since i went on day 4 of period, she say she cannot prescribe clomid because abit too late so start off immediately on jabs. I'll be going for 2 jabs today. Maybe my Dr just trying to be encouraging la so she is saying that higher chance with more IUI or maybe she just wants more money? lol! Anyways, one can only hope...

Yeah, she said 10mm is average sized which i find abit appalling la considering my last cycle, CD8 my follicle was only 18mm. So, CD4 at 10mm actually quite ok what.. haiz. I also hope this IUI is successful. Though i know my husband is secretly hoping it won't be so that we can try IVF and have twins instead. Like helllo?? Grrrr.

@tinklebbdust wow you power leh!! Everyday can drink red date longan drink with alternate day DOM. I tried to drink red date longan for 2-3 days, almost kena sore throat. Then I also tried DOM about 3 days in a row. Faintz loh, almost kena fever :(

Some can take red date longan drink on daily basis, some maybe alternate day. For my case, the TCM said I can drink everyday, + alternate day DOM. Sounds like my body really damn cold inside :( Coffee is the energy booster for many, hahaha, maybe take it moderately and everything should be fine.

@Kelle_lee Since my last op in 2013, I quit coffee cold turkey. Previously, at least 1 cup a day. It was a struggle man. I don't even drink tea unless it's raspberry red leaf tea. Now it's ok, I can keep awake in the morning and I don't need caffeine to boost my energy.

I did drink red date longan drinks at times..but I cannot stop coffee, is my daily energy driver...hahaha

I also hear n listen as there is no one to guide or advise me... :)

@Kelle_lee you can let your hb take some zinc in the form of food like prawns, oysters or sth to replenish his stock. If tonight he cannot bd then try tomorrow morning. That would be ideal.

You know hor, I bought alot of cheapo hpts to cheong n test until song. Hhaha!!! So I just test and test. But everytime see single line quite sian.

have finished my IUI (less than 5 mins procedure) and back to work. Now is waiting time for me....Do U gals do the pregnancy test or wait the AF to report?

Attached is the post wash semen test for my hubby...Dr Chan said 9M/ml is a bit low but the motility % is good... n said we can try tonite naturally to increase the chance as well...but think my hubby's soldiers need time to replenish?

Yeah its true.. With more IUIs, the chances of getting pregnant is higher. Yesterday i went to see my gynae after failed IUI first time and she was saying don't worry, the medication is still in your system so it will help you 2nd time also. I'm due for 2nd IUI this month! I hope its successful. If not, i need to IVF and im not really looking forward to that. :(

Hi Suhaidah, me too, if this round of so-iui fail we are going for IVF too in Jan, already in the queue. crossing finger :(

@tinklebbdust yes red bean soup and black glutinuous rice is good so drink esp after ovulation/IUI. Pineapple core aids in giving bromelain. However, it is said that you can only take it for 5 days immediately following your ovulation. But many of us won't risk this because we believe that eating pineapple will cause miscarriage. Your choice really.

Ya ya, it is bromelain, and not the whole pineapple, just the cores, and must get it from the fresh pineapple. Very troublesome and gotta be very careful also..

@tinklebbdust wow you power leh!! Everyday can drink red date longan drink with alternate day DOM. I tried to drink red date longan for 2-3 days, almost kena sore throat. Then I also tried DOM about 3 days in a row. Faintz loh, almost kena fever :(

Hahaha, I was very hardworking last time, boiling red date longan almost everyday, but recently become lazier, I can't remember when's the last time I boiled? :p That's what TCM recommended, I didn't do that though 'cuz whenever I drank DOM, my whole body become very hot. My mom bought one bottle for me, but I only drank like less than 10 times? :oops:

I have heard chicken essence is good, but idk when's the best time to consume.

@tinklebbdust I think it's really not easy if you have been doing that all the while. Maybe cut down on your sweet drinks. I believe when you drink soft drinks, you also drink with ice right? Good time to cut down cos cannot drink cold drinks as it will restrict your blood circulation. It's good to hear that your hb is also making an effort :)

Yes megamen is from GNC. I think that one has no smell. I can go hm n smell my hb's bottle to see if there is any weird smell haha.

Yeah, have to go on a healthier diet plan. I am a carbs and soft drink lovers, dammit. Since we are taking a break for 2-3 months, it is good also that we start adapting new diet. My husband finally listen to me to start exercising! He's taking lunch break to go to gym for some jogging. He said his colleagues are laughing at him (so bad right!) for doing that, I asked him to ignore them and prove them wrong! I am glad that he's willing to sacrifice his "face" for our "future" :D

Megamen is the multi vitamin from GNC is it? My husband doesn't eat oyster, he is quite picky, hahaha..
I used to get his the multi vitamin from Blackmores, he said it smells and tastes really yucky, I feel so heartache to force him swallowing that everyday, so after he's finished one bottle, I changed to Zinc+Vit C (chewable) and he's fine.

Will try to check Meganmen out! ;)

@Kelle_lee Since my last op in 2013, I quit coffee cold turkey. Previously, at least 1 cup a day. It was a struggle man. I don't even drink tea unless it's raspberry red leaf tea. Now it's ok, I can keep awake in the morning and I don't need caffeine to boost my energy.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea is good in toning the uterus, can drink from CD1 up to ovulation day and should avoid after ovulation as it may cause contraction which may affect implantation. It also said to be able to regulate the cycle, and a natural form to induce your menses. If you are sure that you're not pregnant and wish to have your menses asap, you can drink RRLT. (credit to all the hear-and-listen stories) :p

@tinklebbdust I think it's really not easy if you have been doing that all the while. Maybe cut down on your sweet drinks. I believe when you drink soft drinks, you also drink with ice right? Good time to cut down cos cannot drink cold drinks as it will restrict your blood circulation. It's good to hear that your hb is also making an effort :)

Yes megamen is from GNC. I think that one has no smell. I can go hm n smell my hb's bottle to see if there is any weird smell haha.

Yeah, coke and sprite go well with ice *slurps* :p
My husband has been nagging at me about my soft drink habit, but I hardly listen, and he's hardly restrict me, so yeah :rolleyes:
Not easy indeed but for the sake of our future, not easy also must do - nothing is easy so far in ttc path..

I have problem to swallow pills, really bad. Like now, I am down with flu, cough and sore throat. Doctor prescribed coughing syrup, antibiotics and tables to clear the phlegm, I only the last one and skipping the rest because of the funny taste. I almost puke the hell outta me on the first night when I was taking the medicine. I know I should finish the whole course of antibiotics but I really can't :( I think it smells and tastes like Blackmores Conceive Well, 10 times worse!

@tinklebbdust Ya I think dun take risk with pineapple core. What may work for angmoh may not work for us Asians.

Ya ya, it is bromelain, and not the whole pineapple, just the cores, and must get it from the fresh pineapple. Very troublesome and gotta be very careful also..

Actually no need to boil the red date longan de. Just pour hot water into flask with the red dates and longan, let it seep and then you can drink liao.

Chicken essence can consume after ovulation bah. That will keep your body warm.

Hahaha, I was very hardworking last time, boiling red date longan almost everyday, but recently become lazier, I can't remember when's the last time I boiled? :p That's what TCM recommended, I didn't do that though 'cuz whenever I drank DOM, my whole body become very hot. My mom bought one bottle for me, but I only drank like less than 10 times? :oops:

I have heard chicken essence is good, but idk when's the best time to consume.

@tinklebbdust Hhaha yaloh I have been drinking it till ovulation day de. This hear and listen story is real de. I did some research on this. I also read up on some other herbs for different female issues. So confirm true. Another thing I can also confirm is, if you don't have much EWCM, take grapefruit juice (without ice of cos). It will produce more EWCM de.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea is good in toning the uterus, can drink from CD1 up to ovulation day and should avoid after ovulation as it may cause contraction which may affect implantation. It also said to be able to regulate the cycle, and a natural form to induce your menses. If you are sure that you're not pregnant and wish to have your menses asap, you can drink RRLT. (credit to all the hear-and-listen stories) :p

@tinklebbdust Ya I think dun take risk with pineapple core. What may work for angmoh may not work for us Asians.

Hannor, like they never have such a term of "confinement" also, better be safe (or kiasu a bit) than sorry.
Chicken essence after ovulation ah? Daily? :p
I have never consume chicken essence before, heard that it tastes fishy.

@tinklebbdust Hhaha yaloh I have been drinking it till ovulation day de. This hear and listen story is real de. I did some research on this. I also read up on some other herbs for different female issues. So confirm true. Another thing I can also confirm is, if you don't have much EWCM, take grapefruit juice (without ice of cos). It will produce more EWCM de.

Grapefruit juice ah? Does it taste very sour? Where can we get it?
Clomid dried me up completely, I hardly have any EWCM nowadays ever since I started clomid few months back.
I have heard Robitussin helps to improve hostile CM due to its active ingredient (Guaifenesin), maybe can try taking it since I am having bad cough now :p

Sometimes, I will boil red date longan drink and bring to office n drink in a thermal flask....

Quit in cold turkey way!!! You very determined..I cannot..been drinking since young, been 20 over years le...

My husband keep asking me to quit coffee but cannot...I can cut down hot n spicy food but not coffee...

Sometimes, I will boil red date longan drink and bring to office n drink in a thermal flask....
Quit in cold turkey way!!! You very determined..I cannot..been drinking since young, been 20 over years le...

My husband keep asking me to quit coffee but cannot...I can cut down hot n spicy food but not coffee...

Yeah, that's good! Do it more often (red date longan drink) especially during your TWW ;)

I am a loyal fans of hot and spicy foods as well, chili padi was my best friend, but when age is catching up, my tolerance towards hot and spicy foods become lower and lower, my stomach got upset if I had too much. Try to cut down on coffee, babe. It is difficult but come to think of it, you have put it so much effort in ttc journey, do it for the sake of the lovely baby~ Just like me, no choice but have to cut down a lot on my soft drinks! :(

@Kelle_lee you can let your hb take some zinc in the form of food like prawns, oysters or sth to replenish his stock. If tonight he cannot bd then try tomorrow morning. That would be ideal.

You know hor, I bought alot of cheapo hpts to cheong n test until song. Hhaha!!! So I just test and test. But everytime see single line quite sian.

I bought cheap ovulations kits from qoo...Buy digital ones previously but become expensive for me in long terms.....

Hannor hannor, when work complaining tired, when no work complaining bored, me ah me ah :cool:
I know which shop you're talking about, hahaha, you are working somewhere nearby too?

I don't dare to buy poster, too big, like too high profile, maybe some photographs for a start first ;)

Going au natural is good, many success stories on those who strike on the cycle when they are taking a break or not having any medication!
I am sure this is gonna be your month! :D

Hi tinklebbdust,

I still keep the pasted baby poster on my room wall, though lost it early on in pregnancy in June. Did not want to remove it, as the baby poster made me smile everyday. :) lol.

Yaloh on top of that, they drink cold water regardless of ttc or watever.

Yeah best is double boiled chicken essence but I tik chicken essence also ok. To me, I dun tik it smells fishy. Rather it smells like as if u stepped into a chicken farm. Eeeww

Yeah grapefruit juice does taste sourish but it aids to give your cervical mucus better help for implantation. See tis link http://pregnant-naturally.com/ten-ways-to-improve-cervical-mucu/

I read about robintussin before and I think some ppl do try that. For me, I feel if not sick, dun take med simply like that. But since u r sick, might as well hehe

Hannor, like they never have such a term of "confinement" also, better be safe (or kiasu a bit) than sorry.
Chicken essence after ovulation ah? Daily? :p
I have never consume chicken essence before, heard that it tastes fishy.

Grapefruit juice ah? Does it taste very sour? Where can we get it?
Clomid dried me up completely, I hardly have any EWCM nowadays ever since I started clomid few months back.
I have heard Robitussin helps to improve hostile CM due to its active ingredient (Guaifenesin), maybe can try taking it since I am having bad cough now :p

Good idea!
Maybe we can start to form a Facebook or Whatsapp group also!

But I am kind of shy in real person although I am like a 38 noisy here, heh..

Hi tinklebbdust,

Good idea. So far, I have only met Loylipop, coz she works in the insurance industry, and I need some advice from her regarding my health condition. We met 2 Mondays ago.

Yaloh on top of that, they drink cold water regardless of ttc or watever.

Yeah best is double boiled chicken essence but I tik chicken essence also ok. To me, I dun tik it smells fishy. Rather it smells like as if u stepped into a chicken farm. Eeeww

Yeah grapefruit juice does taste sourish but it aids to give your cervical mucus better help for implantation. See tis link http://pregnant-naturally.com/ten-ways-to-improve-cervical-mucu/

I read about robintussin before and I think some ppl do try that. For me, I feel if not sick, dun take med simply like that. But since u r sick, might as well hehe

Double boil ah? Means we buy the chicken and get the "essence" ourselves?
Wahhh, smells like a chicken farm is way too much worse than simply fishy! :eek:
Did you try grapefruit juice before? Where did you get them? Or you juice the fresh grapefruit?

Yeah, western people can drink cold drink in the early morning and warm/hot drink is like a NO-NO to them.
I heard (hahaha, again) that it is the reason why they get old quicker than Asian - partly also because they don't practice confinement.

@Kelle_lee haha yaloh I really totally stopped like that. Same loh I always used to drink de for very long. I smell coffee I get excited. But now I no feel.

Hahaha for me, opp from u. I can cut coffee but not hot n spicy food lol

@Kelle_lee actually cheapo opks very good. You can test in much earlier in ur cycle like cd8 to cd9 onwards. Then u can slowly see the line get darker n darker. For cb digital kind, by the time u see the linking, may be late liao

I bought cheap ovulations kits from qoo...Buy digital ones previously but become expensive for me in long terms.....

@tinklebbdust double boiled would be more pure cos diy mah but I tik drink frm bottle also can lah. As long as warm.

Yup I like sour stuff so drinking grapefruit juice is ok for me. I get from fruit juice shop. You can try.

Oh is that why? But then koreans also drink cold water leh. Even during their so-called confinement also drink cold water leh. But nvm lah. We know we cannot drink cold water can liao hehe. Ytd I was so sad then I just drank avocado milkshake with ice. Heck!!! Indulge myself for that once.

Double boil ah? Means we buy the chicken and get the "essence" ourselves?
Wahhh, smells like a chicken farm is way too much worse than simply fishy! :eek:
Did you try grapefruit juice before? Where did you get them? Or you juice the fresh grapefruit?

Yeah, western people can drink cold drink in the early morning and warm/hot drink is like a NO-NO to them.
I heard (hahaha, again) that it is the reason why they get old quicker than Asian - partly also because they don't practice confinement.

Good idea!
Maybe we can start to form a Facebook or Whatsapp group also!

But I am kind of shy in real person although I am like a 38 noisy here, heh..

Yes I don't mind too! To give each other moral support! I haven really told anyone about what my husband and I have been going through because I feel that it will give us even more pressure...

Even i told one of my good friend, but just the rough details... Quite hard to talk to her about it as well because she is pregnant.

Yes I don't mind too! To give each other moral support! I haven really told anyone about what my husband and I have been going through because I feel that it will give us even more pressure...

Even i told one of my good friend, but just the rough details... Quite hard to talk to her about it as well because she is pregnant.

Only people are are on the same boat would understand how we feel, not their fault but just because they haven't been through this path, they can hardly understand what we are going through. I did not tell anyone except one of my BFF. Me and husband have a mutual agreement to not disclosing anything to anyone including our family as we do not wish to get any additional pressure from them.

I dun mind de. Whatsapp grp would be nice.

@mrschuaflo same for me last time. I tik if you take cold drinks, try not to drink with ice now. Then slowly let ur cold drinks cool down abit more n drink. Really hard but better for your womb.

Haha yeah... I'll try... I asked my helper to cook red date longan tea... She gave me one cup, and put the rest of the whole pot in the fridge. Haha... Guess I have to ask her to cook a new batch.

@tinklebbdust double boiled would be more pure cos diy mah but I tik drink frm bottle also can lah. As long as warm.

Yup I like sour stuff so drinking grapefruit juice is ok for me. I get from fruit juice shop. You can try.

Oh is that why? But then koreans also drink cold water leh. Even during their so-called confinement also drink cold water leh. But nvm lah. We know we cannot drink cold water can liao hehe. Ytd I was so sad then I just drank avocado milkshake with ice. Heck!!! Indulge myself for that once.

Yeah, once in a blue moon is fine.
Avocado is good for our body, so it isn't too bad! ;)

Haha yeah... I'll try... I asked my helper to cook red date longan tea... She gave me one cup, and put the rest of the whole pot in the fridge. Haha... Guess I have to ask her to cook a new batch.

Boiled already can keep in thermo flask to keep warm,but better don't keep for too long. Maybe can boil at night, then bring the thermo flask to work the next day. Red date longan is not that bad yet 'cuz it taste really good, somehow compensate me for not able to have soft drink, heh..

Guess I have to start boiling again..

Back