IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi ladies, my AF just ended after 2 days! Usually it lasts 3-4 days with heavy flow on day 1 and moderate day 2, light towards day 3-4. Or just left spotting on day 3-4.

This round, my AF came on 12dpiui and wasn't heavy, just moderate to light on 2 days.

Is this a normal side effect of IUI? But mine is normal IUI and not SO IUI.

Hi ladies,
Abit TMI but after my HSG test I have developed UTI and having headaches every single day until I vomited. I don't know if it's because of all the haze or what. And another TMI is I think I having yeast infection too. doctor give me antibiotic but I still feel it's burning when I pee.
On the other news, my hubby SA test came back and his sperm count is not so good. I think our route is to go ICIS.

Hi ladies, my AF just ended after 2 days! Usually it lasts 3-4 days with heavy flow on day 1 and moderate day 2, light towards day 3-4. Or just left spotting on day 3-4.

This round, my AF came on 12dpiui and wasn't heavy, just moderate to light on 2 days.

Urs is juz like mine! Except that mine last for 1-2 days normally but after e normal iui, it becomes less than 1 day. Started on so-iui on thurs.

Hi angle bb,

Did your dr prescribe you letrezole warn you with the bad side effects. You can't take this medicine for longer than 3 cycles. Last time, back in 2011, I did not know about this. My gynae. in KK prescribed me with 3 cycles of it; and said if not successful, then on the 4th cycle, I tried SO-IUI. However, to the sonographer's horror (as scans are needed to schedule the exact date), I developed a very large cyst (14cm at least) which required laparoscopy. The actual cysts that was removed was actually 16cm, if I remembered correctly. I subsequently switched to Dr Loh in TMC. He told me that my large cyst was caused by the medication. And he quoted me another one of his patients, also advised by her gynae to take this medicine; and when her grandmother brought her to him for consultation, he also discovered a 20cm cyst in the ovary, which had to be removed surgically through keyhole surgery. So please do not use this medicine for more than 3 months. I am really not scaring you.
Hi trying to conceive 2014, doc say can do up to 1 year. In fact I am worry too. On the month of iui, my menses not stopping. Then I went to see doc. Doc prescribe me medicine then for 3 weeks. After eat the medicine, menses stop and after stop the medicine for few days. Menses visit and only last for 2 days. This month, I have spotting during mid of cycle, I never have it b4. I Google that is one of the symptom if have cyst.

You have any symptoms before found out the cyst a?

Planning to see the doc when af visit this month.

Urs is juz like mine! Except that mine last for 1-2 days normally but after e normal iui, it becomes less than 1 day. Started on so-iui on thurs.
Was there a flow for you all? I'm still spotting..only abit on pantyliner (sorry if TMI) don't know what's happening, today is the 3rd day already..will doing IUI lessen the flow?

Actually mine is opposite.
After my failed iui, my menses v heavy this cycle
Hmm. Why some very heavy some v little? Weird

Hi trying to conceive 2014, doc say can do up to 1 year. In fact I am worry too. On the month of iui, my menses not stopping. Then I went to see doc. Doc prescribe me medicine then for 3 weeks. After eat the medicine, menses stop and after stop the medicine for few days. Menses visit and only last for 2 days. This month, I have spotting during mid of cycle, I never have it b4. I Google that is one of the symptom if have cyst.

Hi angle bb,

No, I don't have spotting during mid-cycle when I had the large cysts.

Just very painful AF in the first few days, which can cause me to not be doing anything, due to the severe tummy cramps.

Also, lower back ache which is unbearable; and I cried from it a few times.

Hi angelbb. I wasn't on any meds previously but found out I had blood cyst. That was the reason I couldn't conceive. Symtoms - painful period and intercource. I even had several severe lower abdominal cramps during clear days which would last the entire day.

Hi,
Most of the time, gynae would encourage to go for IUI for the 1st try, thereafter you can strongly opt for IVF. Give a try first for IUI, there are successful rate for the 1st try too.
Yeh babyashley86, my sis in law got preggy on her first iui. So 加油!

Was there a flow for you all? I'm still spotting..only abit on pantyliner (sorry if TMI) don't know what's happening, today is the 3rd day already..will doing IUI lessen the flow?

My flow less than a day. Spotting on second. Told gyne that I had never experienced this little before n at first he tout it's a false alarm for AF but after u/s, confirmed that AF has arrived.
I dun know if doing iui will lessen but told HB TT if this so-iui fails, I'm going to stop. Worried abt AF being so little.

hi ladies,
which day after your AF starts you have to be scheduled for IUI? Is it CD 16?
Need to roughly know the day in case DH is away on business trip. If there's the case, may have to delay to next cycle.

My flow less than a day. Spotting on second. Told gyne that I had never experienced this little before n at first he tout it's a false alarm for AF but after u/s, confirmed that AF has arrived.
I dun know if doing iui will lessen but told HB TT if this so-iui fails, I'm going to stop. Worried abt AF being so little.
This morning I started to have abit more bleeding but still much lesser than normal. Quite worried too. Will check with my doc and TCM abt it.

Hi angle bb,

No, I don't have spotting during mid-cycle when I had the large cysts.

Just very painful AF in the first few days, which can cause me to not be doing anything, due to the severe tummy cramps.

Also, lower back ache which is unbearable; and I cried from it a few times.
Thanks for your reply. Thanks god I do not have same symptom. But I have little cramp during the mid cycle discharge.

Hmm.. is the cysts can be found out by normal scanning?. I am thinking to visit to have a check.

Hi angelbb. I wasn't on any meds previously but found out I had blood cyst. That was the reason I couldn't conceive. Symtoms - painful period and intercource. I even had several severe lower abdominal cramps during clear days which would last the entire day.
Hi Louise, thank for the reply. Do you remove the blood cyst? Normal scanning can detect the cyst?

I see..hope AF don't come in many months for u and u get your BFP :) I've been spotting slightly for the past 2 days but AF still not here, boobs still sore and temp still above cover line. Finally POAS this morning but bfn so just have to wait and see. Just hope if AF is coming please come tdy or tml and not wait till mon and add to my mon blues..haha

Thanks for your well wishes. But I dont think a BFP will come in my way this month. Yesterday, I felt slight pain. When I can back home, I saw check my pantyliner. There was a pinkish watery discharge and some dark brown spotting. So maybe my AF is coming soon. I POAS just now. Should be 15dpiui today. But its a BFN. Oh well....try again next cycle. Now just waiting for AF to pay a visit, so that I can consume my medication and start back on this journey.

Thanks for your well wishes. But I dont think a BFP will come in my way this month. Yesterday, I felt slight pain. When I can back home, I saw check my pantyliner. There was a pinkish watery discharge and some dark brown spotting. So maybe my AF is coming soon. I POAS just now. Should be 15dpiui today. But its a BFN. Oh well....try again next cycle. Now just waiting for AF to pay a visit, so that I can consume my medication and start back on this journey.
Well..we can always try again :) I will rest for 1 month as Sep is our qtr end, will be busy at work. So will go for it again in Oct. All the best to u next cycle!

Did it today.. Does it always bleed post IUI? And i have been given tablets to keep progesterone up.. Is it normal?

It depends. Sometimes it does, sometimes it don't. Dr will advice however not to be alarm. It should be okay by the next day. Dont worry too much yah. :)

Well..we can always try again :) I will rest for 1 month as Sep is our qtr end, will be busy at work. So will go for it again in Oct. All the best to u next cycle!

Confirm BFN. AF visited me on Monday itself. Thought it will take another 2 days or more before the AF arrive. So I am back on the bandwagon again.

This will be my last round of iui. If this round fails, I have no choice but to go thru IVF. I am just crossing finger that it will work this time.

Have been having some crampy feeling on my left lower ab for the last few days, on and off. Sometimes it's more crampy when I stretched. Today is 7 dpiui. Not getting my hopes high though. Just keeping fingers crossed. I'm seeing Dr Loh in another week.

Have been having some crampy feeling on my left lower ab for the last few days, on and off. Sometimes it's more crampy when I stretched. Today is 7 dpiui. Not getting my hopes high though. Just keeping fingers crossed. I'm seeing Dr Loh in another week.

All the best @jinnous. Just take care of yourself, dont do anything strenous. Have ample rest whenever possible. Hope you will get a BFP. :)

All the best @jinnous. Just take care of yourself, dont do anything strenous. Have ample rest whenever possible. Hope you will get a BFP. :)

Thanks ah! Haiz... been feeling super emo last few days cuz I sent off my ex maid which I like but cannot get along with my mil. Then come new transfer maid which my mil like and I was training last two days and I wanna vomit blood liao... I suspect I got myself a princess maid... :(

Thanks ah! Haiz... been feeling super emo last few days cuz I sent off my ex maid which I like but cannot get along with my mil. Then come new transfer maid which my mil like and I was training last two days and I wanna vomit blood liao... I suspect I got myself a princess maid... :(

Princess maid? Jia lat....wonder how she got into your mil good books. Actually when we are in this ART journey, it is better not to be stress. Worst of you are going IVF. So if you can feel your BP going up with this maid, better you go somewhere else and cool down. I know, having maid not easy. Get good one, good loh. But if get terrible one, may God have mercy on us.

Hi my iui is on this Saturday and tonight need to take the jab, this is my first time so I'm not confident to jab it myself so I went to GP. The doctor didn't remove needle cap and release the medicine. When she realize half of the dose is gone..So only left half got inject into my body. Will it affect my iui on Saturday ? Im so worry now . Please advise .. Thanks

Hi my iui is on this Saturday and tonight need to take the jab, this is my first time so I'm not confident to jab it myself so I went to GP. The doctor didn't remove needle cap and release the medicine. When she realize half of the dose is gone..So only left half got inject into my body. Will it affect my iui on Saturday ? Im so worry now . Please advise .. Thanks

Hi @emk ,
If you are having the IUI on Saturday, please inform your fertility doctor the first thing in the morning tomorrow. Reconfirm whether the dose is enough. If no, you might have to go to the hospital straightaway and get another one. So that it will just be in time for your IUI on Saturday. Hope this helps

Hi @emk ,
If you are having the IUI on Saturday, please inform your fertility doctor the first thing in the morning tomorrow. Reconfirm whether the dose is enough. If no, you might have to go to the hospital straightaway and get another one. So that it will just be in time for your IUI on Saturday. Hope this helps
Thanks Annbby, I'll call NUH Tml

I'm having iui on the same day too! Now googling where to inject coz I forgot to ask e doc. Is it at e tummy or butt?

I'm having iui on the same day too! Now googling where to inject coz I forgot to ask e doc. Is it at e tummy or butt?
Wow same day, good luck sorry for the late reply . It's at the tummy . 3 finger away from belly button.

Hey! Your visiting Dr Loh too? I got my first IUI scheduled with him on Monday morning. Crossing fingers! Lots of baby dust to you!

hi, i using my hubby account.

recently i went to do HSG on wed 16/9 in kkh(Dr tan hh), after i done i reach home around 4 plus i vomited twice, all my lunch was out and have the serve pain till cry. cant rest on bed will feel pain, so i rest at sofa till my hubby come back from work to wash up the bathroom.

i took mc yst on 17/9 when to see family doctor at night, with vomited once in the morning and pain. afternoon i started having headache and went to slp in the late evening. seen doctor ask me dun drink too much water intake will cause me voimt. given some medicine

today i start having headache and giddyness at work, having feeling cold and hot forehead, still having sharp pain when walk no appetite since wed till now. feel hungry but dub feel like eating the food.

does anyone feel the same or do i need to go back kkh to see doctor again?

Any advise.

hi, i using my hubby account.

recently i went to do HSG on wed 16/9 in kkh(Dr tan hh), after i done i reach home around 4 plus i vomited twice, all my lunch was out and have the serve pain till cry. cant rest on bed will feel pain, so i rest at sofa till my hubby come back from work to wash up the bathroom.

i took mc yst on 17/9 when to see family doctor at night, with vomited once in the morning and pain. afternoon i started having headache and went to slp in the late evening. seen doctor ask me dun drink too much water intake will cause me voimt. given some medicine

today i start having headache and giddyness at work, having feeling cold and hot forehead, still having sharp pain when walk no appetite since wed till now. feel hungry but dub feel like eating the food.

does anyone feel the same or do i need to go back kkh to see doctor again?

Any advise.
Hmmm I did hsg in NUH, it's a painful process. I didn't vomit just a little bit of bleeding for 3 to 4 days.

i didnt bleed. only keep feeling nausea, feverish like tt. no mood to work at all. slp for 1 hrs during lunch time

Hi

I did my hsg at kkh early Feb. Did twice on that day as after the first hsg the doc suspected my left blocked was blocked. And she asked me whether I'm okay to do second time with higher pressure. After the 2 hsg I felt nausea and felt like vomited. I mc the second day as I felt uncomfortable when I'm standing and I went to 24hr clinic at kkh the doc suspected it was due to acid reflux. I'm on 1 week mc that time.

I went hsg again last sat at tmc and it was unblocked :$ .......

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and would like to seek some advices.

My hub and myself are 34 this year, I had a mc in year 2013 and been TTC since then with TCM as well.
Done twice of HSG within the same day earlier this year at KKH and suspected blocked, and I performed another round of HSG last Sat at TMC and it was unblocked :S
Been under clomid-50mg for 3 cycles since Jun - Aug 2015 and I stopped for this cycle.

Am thinking to go for IUI but didn't sure which doc to go :-
- TMC or KKH after my HSG experience, is KKH still reliable ?
- If TMC, is Dr LS Loh the best choice ? Read that the cost at his O&G clinic in TCM will be cheaper but longer queue
- Since both of us are working, I wonder how the IUI procedure works :-
- day 2 -> see doc for ultrasound
- day 14, 16 -> see doc to check for the follicles size, if it mature, then can weproceed with the IUI process
I'm not sure for SO-IUI, when should I take the jap, some said for 5 days, some said 1 day, is it depend on my condition ?
- if KKH under subsidy, it will be either Dr Sadhana or Dr THH rotating ?

Anyone try at JB as well ? I'm came across Dr Tan Jui Seng and Elizabeth Women clinic but there are not much information that I can find :(

Sorry if I asked questions that already been asked, just that there are too many posts in this thread.

Thanks alot and enjoy your weekends. Baby dust to all :) Fighting fighting ...

Back