IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hmm..mine the color looks abit like AF but much lesser amount...just called KKH and ask,the nurse say sometimes due to the procedure will cause bleeding a little for a while. Ask me to monitor, if the bleeding gets more and more need to call back. But if just a little, just don't care abt it and it will goes away after a while. Hopefully is the bleeding will goes off soon and dun get more.. praying hard now~~ please don't disappoint me, my dearest uterus! :(

Hmm..mine the color looks abit like AF but much lesser amount...just called KKH and ask,the nurse say sometimes due to the procedure will cause bleeding a little for a while. Ask me to monitor, if the bleeding gets more and more need to call back. But if just a little, just don't care abt it and it will goes away after a while. Hopefully is the bleeding will goes off soon and dun get more.. praying hard now~~ please don't disappoint me, my dearest uterus! :(

I also rem I spot for a couple of days... Good luck! Baby dust to you...

Hihi,

Can i check how the ultra scan check during AF period before IUI procedure is like? Is it painful cause i read that they will need to scan to check if the fallopian tube is block.

So the 8 days scanning will end before lunch right? As i am thinking of taking mc instead of taking leave. Keeping my leave just in case the my first iui fail.

Hihi,

Can i check how the ultra scan check during AF period before IUI procedure is like? Is it painful cause i read that they will need to scan to check if the fallopian tube is block.

That is not ultrasound, it is x-Ray. Where they will pump in a liquid with coloring that will show up under x-Ray to see if the Fallopian tube is blocked.

There is another ultrasound scan which is pump saline water to blow up the uterus cavity to check if there are any abnormality on the wall.

Both will feel like major menstrual cramp. These are usually the 2 scans conducted before you can be referred to do IUI.

So the 8 days scanning will end before lunch right? As i am thinking of taking mc instead of taking leave. Keeping my leave just in case the my first iui fail.

it will be 8 times spread across from day 1 of your period to ovulation. Not 8 continuous day. Definitely finish before lunch time, including collecting medicine from pharmacy...

Oh. So it will be 8 days for 1 whole procedure..

Yes, my egg progress was slow, keep adding dosage and going back to scan. Think I went back 8x over 20 day before ready for ovulation. No need to take one whole stretch of leave... Just take AM...

I tried to go scan very early with the hope of rushing back to office by 9am but couldn't, because need to collect medicine from pharmacy, wait very long. The doctor will decide the dose after each scan.

Yes, my egg progress was slow, keep adding dosage and going back to scan. Think I went back 8x over 20 day before ready for ovulation. No need to take one whole stretch of leave... Just take AM...

I tried to go scan very early with the hope of rushing back to office by 9am but couldn't, because need to collect medicine from pharmacy, wait very long. The doctor will decide the dose after each scan.

Thanks for your information!
I will be trying for my first round so iui mext month. Hopefully will succeed. Been feeling very down when i see others can conceive so easily while i cant.

Thanks for your information!
I will be trying for my first round so iui mext month. Hopefully will succeed. Been feeling very down when i see others can conceive so easily while i cant.

I also feel the same... Literally "just f**k" can get pregnant. But no choice....

Yes! Esp. for those unplanned ones! Didnt know its so hard to get preg until really start trying... should have start earlier..

R u trying for 2nd baby?
U tried for 4 yrs before u got preg?

I didn't use contraception since I got married. But didn't really actively trying until after 3 years of marriage because I thought I was still young. My fourth year I tried to measure basal body temp to determine when I ovulate but there is no increase in temp, that's when I decided to seek help. I got preg in 2013 after my first IUI.

I wanted to try IUI again for second one but my husband's sperm quality has dropped drastically since 2013, need to do IVF.

Last edited:
I didn't use contraception since I got married. But didn't really actively trying until after 3 years of marriage because I thought I was still young. My fourth year I tried to measure basal body temp to determine when I ovulate but there is no increase in temp, that's when I decided to seek help. I got preg in 2013 after my first IUI.

I wanted to try IUI again for second one but my husband's sperm quality has dropped drastically since 2013, need to do IVF.

I see! So you planning to go for IVF? Btw, is there any grpchat for IUI group? Would like to join..

I see! So you planning to go for IVF? Btw, is there any grpchat for IUI group? Would like to join..

Hmmm I don't know of any group chat....

My husband is undergoing treatment for kidney stones, his urologist said that the frequent CT scan that he need to do may be the cause of poor sperm quality, so we need to delay IVF for a while...

Hopefully you succeed in your IUI then no need to proceed to IVF!

Hmmm I don't know of any group chat....

My husband is undergoing treatment for kidney stones, his urologist said that the frequent CT scan that he need to do may be the cause of poor sperm quality, so we need to delay IVF for a while...

Hopefully you succeed in your IUI then no need to proceed to IVF!

I hope so too! Just feeling very stress that people around me are getting preg. But my husband like dont feel the stress at all.

Hmm...when does the blood stop coming, still having brown spotting. Looks alot on toilet paper but just a small patch on pantyliner. Stomach still crampy on and off... feels moody, tired and no appetite.. :(

That is not ultrasound, it is x-Ray. Where they will pump in a liquid with coloring that will show up under x-Ray to see if the Fallopian tube is blocked.

There is another ultrasound scan which is pump saline water to blow up the uterus cavity to check if there are any abnormality on the wall.

Both will feel like major menstrual cramp. These are usually the 2 scans conducted before you can be referred to do IUI.
Wah so scary sound traumatic pumping water and ink inside?!

Hmm...when does the blood stop coming, still having brown spotting. Looks alot on toilet paper but just a small patch on pantyliner. Stomach still crampy on and off... feels moody, tired and no appetite.. :(

Hmmm... I think like after 1 week? Can't really remember.

Are you on progesterone to support implantation? It can cause bloatedness...

Hmmm... I think like after 1 week? Can't really remember.

Are you on progesterone to support implantation? It can cause bloatedness...
Yup Junie, on progesterone pill 2 times a day.1 week, seriously? Sianz.. hope so it goes away soon and dun increase amt of blood.. today dpiui day 6, so hard for the 2ww! My appointment for the blood test is on 31st August, long way to go...

I'm out. Thanks all for the support and advices. Very devastated and disappointed now. Unsure if I shld immediately try again or space out. SIGHS.

I'm out. Thanks all for the support and advices. Very devastated and disappointed now. Unsure if I shld immediately try again or space out. SIGHS.

Hi, sorry to hear that, I guess your doctor will schedule to see you again. See what advice he have... I was told need to have 2 cycles in between..In the meanwhile you can try on your own.

Last edited:
Wake up dis morning and saw nothing on the pantyliner, was happily thinking that the spotting has stop...but just came out from toilet, it came back again! Dis type color different, very dark brown.. izzit normal? At first is light brown, den brown, now super darker brown...as if the blood very old kind...hmm...abit worried... :(

Wake up dis morning and saw nothing on the pantyliner, was happily thinking that the spotting has stop...but just came out from toilet, it came back again! Dis type color different, very dark brown.. izzit normal? At first is light brown, den brown, now super darker brown...as if the blood very old kind...hmm...abit worried... :(

Old blood is okie? Means no new bleeding? Could still be blood from the insemmination procedure.

Junie, is the x-ray to see Fallopian tube called HSG? Was told to call kk on the first day of menses to fix date for HSG.

I did the ultrasound scan alrdy but they nvr pump saline water in me leh

Junie, is the x-ray to see Fallopian tube called HSG? Was told to call kk on the first day of menses to fix date for HSG.

Hsg yes with xrays goin on...whatever techinician ask u to do u follow order.etc turn left turn right..

There was one that needs to pump saline in and I did a few normal ones...Sadly I don't remember the names Liao...maybe your doctor feel that you don't need so never order? Better also the ultrasound is more painful than the HSG.

Last edited:
Hi ladies. I am now waiting for my AF to come and most likely schedule for my first so IUI next mth. My husband and I have been trying for one n a half year. We recently go to KKH do all the necessary checks and the result is all good. Doc advise me to go for so IUI and if failed, have to proceed to IVF next because I am 39 this year. No time to waste. Feeling so stress up.

Hi ladies. I am now waiting for my AF to come and most likely schedule for my first so IUI next mth. My husband and I have been trying for one n a half year. We recently go to KKH do all the necessary checks and the result is all good. Doc advise me to go for so IUI and if failed, have to proceed to IVF next because I am 39 this year. No time to waste. Feeling so stress up.

Hi, good luck to you! Yes doctor is right that IVF have a higher success rate. So yours is a case of unexplained infertility? That's the worse I think, no answer to all your burning questions. Take care!

Today mark my dpiui day 9, spotting seems gone already. Less crampy, boobs not so pain but still feels tired always. Anyone having same symptoms as me? What doe this means? Is there still chance of success? Still praying hard everyday..

Today mark my dpiui day 9, spotting seems gone already. Less crampy, boobs not so pain but still feels tired always. Anyone having same symptoms as me? What doe this means? Is there still chance of success? Still praying hard everyday..

There is still chance until blood test prove otherwise

There was one that needs to pump saline in and I did a few normal ones...Sadly I don't remember the names Liao...maybe your doctor feel that you don't need so never order? Better also the ultrasound is more painful than the HSG.

Can u still remember HSG is done on which cycle day?

Hi, good luck to you! Yes doctor is right that IVF have a higher success rate. So yours is a case of unexplained infertility? That's the worse I think, no answer to all your burning questions. Take care!
Hi thanks. Yes. Unexplained infertility. Doc suspect my egg quality might not be good as I have aged but at this moment there is no technology to test for egg quality according to her. I have also started TCM recently so hopefully it helps. You are right. If I know where is the problem lies at least I know where to work on. Now I can only pray hard....

Back