IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Congrats Babyashley!
I have just done my 3rd iui at NUH 2 days ago. Feeling kind of down recently because i know we have to move on to ivf if this cycle fails again.
Gathering your bb dust since u also did iui at NUH! :)
Awww best of luck and baby dust to u. I can't believe it works for me too. I know it's hard but be positive maybe this is the time for u too!!

Congrats babyashley! U give us hope! I just went in for my cd9 check today and dr said 5 follicles size 12-14, so he want us to trigger sat night and go in on Monday for iui.

CTTC, so far my letrozole $75, Gonal f injections $300, menopur injection and trigger shot another $280... Left with iui and dunno what else after that.. Maybe progesterone pills? I ovulate normally but my dr only do so-iui so.. I no choice but to take all these meds too.. Different people different amount of medicine = different costs. Mine is minimal le. More medicine= more expensive!
Thank u. Sending baby dust to u too. I think doctor know what might work best for u. Keep faith and best of luck

Urs will even have higher chance. Test again to see, fingers cross for u. Keep us updated too.
Woke up to disappoinment today. Fail my 1st IUI. Menses came. I think i miss the window period because my ovulation start on Sat midnight so i've to wait till Monday than do IUI. So i think that's why i miss my window period. No choice ive to try harder again.

Woke up to disappoinment today. Fail my 1st IUI. Menses came. I think i miss the window period because my ovulation start on Sat midnight so i've to wait till Monday than do IUI. So i think that's why i miss my window period. No choice ive to try harder again.
I m so so sorry to hear that. I pray for 2nd IUI to be easiest positive for u.

By the way is anyone interested in starting a wechat/whatsapp support group? I have both apps my preference is wechat as whatsapp takes up a lot of space and lags.
There was messages earlier by others that such a group is around but a few of us posted to say we are interested but we received no sound.
Perhaps the members of the old group are pregnant liao.

I would start a new one. Is there anyone who is interested in joining if there was an active one?
I feel very upset and stressed over this, I have been crying my eyes out ever since I saw traces of period which I think should be coming by tomorrow. I tried talking to people who had gone through it and they already got pregnant or popped their kids, they are totally unsympathetic, pretend to care a bit initially but can't be bothered to follow through. Only those who are still in it can understand what we are going through. :(:(:(

Hi drinky7, my husband and i been trying for a baby naturally since 4 years ago.. we decided go for so-iui if still no news by Jun'16 as suggested by our gynae.. can you add me into whatsapp support group please? :)

Hi phantom,

Thanks for the reply. My doctor at NUH didn't mention about blood test. She just told me wait 3 weeks (not 2 weeks, I don't know why) and test Hpt and if negative wait for AF to come then start a new cycle.
Which means she didn't have any date for me to come back for blood test. Unless I tested positive on Hpt?

hi babyashley86, is your gynae - Dr Anu? o_O i don't like her service because lack of explanation and advice.

By the way is anyone interested in starting a wechat/whatsapp support group? I have both apps my preference is wechat as whatsapp takes up a lot of space and lags.
There was messages earlier by others that such a group is around but a few of us posted to say we are interested but we received no sound.

I would start a new one. Is there anyone who is interested in joining if there was an active one?
I feel very upset and stressed over this, I have been crying my eyes out ever since I saw traces of period which I think should be coming by tomorrow. I tried talking to people who had gone through it and they already got pregnant or popped their kids, they are totally unsympathetic, pretend to care a bit initially but can't be bothered to follow through. Only those who are still in it can understand what we are going through. :(:(:(

Hi I'm new to this group too.. will be going for my 1st scan tomorrow at kkh. Can I also be included in the the whassap or wechat group?

Add me in too!

hi babyashley86, is your gynae - Dr Anu? o_O i don't like her service because lack of explanation and advice.
Yes it's doctor Anu. I kinda ok with her. She is specialized in PCOS so she did give me a lot of knowledge on it, what I don't like is that her appointment time are always changing, I always get calls before appointment day that it has to change to certain time. Hard for me to arrange off time at work so last minute.

Yes it's doctor Anu. I kinda ok with her. She is specialized in PCOS so she did give me a lot of knowledge on it, what I don't like is that her appointment time are always changing, I always get calls before appointment day that it has to change to certain time. Hard for me to arrange off time at work so last minute.

That's great you are ok with her :) She was my first gynae and I decided change gynae after few times bad experiences :( the most bad experience she upset me was she told me "ask your egg hurry up grow up then you no need come back for scanning." :(:(:( my husband even write in to NUS and they phone called me to apologize. I will never consider NUS because of her too :oops: hahaha

hi all, just joined the forum.
i've started on my SO-IUI on this cycle. Today after u/s, doc suggest to stop all medication (gonal-f) and wait out till friday to see if there is any improvement in follicles. :(
I've estimated 10 follicles with 2 at estimated 11 mm but they haven't grown since last sat. The remaining are catching up so doc give us 2 alternatives, either to stop medication or to continue with heavier dosage. we opted for the former. now feeling very sian.

Hi

I'm new to the chat so how can I join the group chat?

I'm waiting to see AF to arrive this week, if yes I will be starting on IUI at NUH next month.

Last edited:
Is severe cramping and pressure 3 hours after iui normal? :( My back and abdomen hurts so much I can only lie in bed... Sigh. I need to go back to work tomorrow... So I really hope the crazy pain doesn't last too long.. :(

Solitarbride, welcome. :) Im new here too..why did u choose stop the medicine? what else did the doctor suggest now?

i've started on my SO-IUI on this cycle. Today after u/s, doc suggest to stop all medication (gonal-f) and wait out till friday to see if there is any improvement in follicles. :(
I've estimated 10 follicles with 2 at estimated 11 mm but they haven't grown since last sat. The remaining are catching up so doc give us 2 alternatives, either to stop medication or to continue with heavier dosage. we opted for the former. now feeling very sian.

@solitairebride waiting time is always killing ppl. Don't feel sian, try to take it easy now. . Always be positive +++++

Hi All,

New to this chat. Did my iui on 28th march and tested positive last fri. However got lught bleeding today and doc say high chances of miscarriage. So stress!! Anyone heard of similar cases?

Hi All,

New to this chat. Did my iui on 28th march and tested positive last fri. However got lught bleeding today and doc say high chances of miscarriage. So stress!! Anyone heard of similar cases?

Did you go to A&E to do a scan to see the sac? I also had period like bleeding which looks bright red to me at 10 weeks but scan showed fetus okie.

Did you go to A&E to do a scan to see the sac? I also had period like bleeding which looks bright red to me at 10 weeks but scan showed fetus okie.

Just went today. Gynae can see the sac but say I have PCO thats why higher chance of miscarriage. Gave me a progrestone jab and duphaston 3 times a day. Hopefully when i go back for blood test on thur e level will double, if not things will not be looking good.

That's great you are ok with her :) She was my first gynae and I decided change gynae after few times bad experiences :( the most bad experience she upset me was she told me "ask your egg hurry up grow up then you no need come back for scanning." :(:(:( my husband even write in to NUS and they phone called me to apologize. I will never consider NUS because of her too :oops: hahaha
My doc was also Dr Anu for my latest iui last week. Actually i find her just very direct, maybe she comes from India and so the culture is different. Perhaps she just wanted to lighten up the atmosphere with those words and not make u stressed, but turned out to be sensitive for u.
Nonetheless, i think she's a nice lady who's quite flexible too, my iui was initially on cd15, but i asked if i could do a day earlier on cd14 as i thought i normally will o on day 14. And she kind of agreed immediately. So i think it all depends on how you take to her comments. :)

Last edited:
Just went today. Gynae can see the sac but say I have PCO thats why higher chance of miscarriage. Gave me a progrestone jab and duphaston 3 times a day. Hopefully when i go back for blood test on thur e level will double, if not things will not be looking good.

I also took the jab that time. PCO is PCOS? I also have that's why went for IUI. Doctor didn't say will have higher chance of miscarry...

Good luck to you! Hope your baby stablise soon.

Dr usually diagnosed your situation as threatened miscarriage and prescribed the jab and hormone pills, but it could just be implantation bleeding.

Bed rest and relax will help. You have come this far and you can go further!

Dr usually diagnosed your situation as threatened miscarriage and prescribed the jab and hormone pills, but it could just be implantation bleeding.

Bed rest and relax will help. You have come this far and you can go further!

Thanks! Praying that it's just implantation bleeding as well, but think best to take it as worst case scenario in order not to give myself false hope.

Yup, PCOS. Its pcos that lead to the high chances , not the iui

Ya, what i meant was dr didn't tell me PCOS will have higher chance of miscarry. But after IUI, I was given daily dose of progesterone to help implantation and stablise pregnancy if any. Were you given the daily dose?

Good luck to you. Have more bed rest and less straining activities.

Is severe cramping and pressure 3 hours after iui normal? :( My back and abdomen hurts so much I can only lie in bed... Sigh. I need to go back to work tomorrow... So I really hope the crazy pain doesn't last too long.. :(

Solitarbride, welcome. :) Im new here too..why did u choose stop the medicine? what else did the doctor suggest now?

Becos to continue medicine all my other follicles grow, currently all are very clustered. Risk that this cycle needs to be aborted bcos too many follicles. To stop medicine and hopefully the 2 leading follicles will stay and the remaining will regress then doc continue medication if its the case. but there is also a possibility that all follicles will regress and that also means end of cycle. :(
Mellymelly, i tot it will be similar to HSG? hope you feeling better today.

@CC C thanks.

Solitairebride.. I hope your 2 follicles will continue growing. fingers crossed. I didn't know how painful HSG is, because my doctor did it while I was asleep during laparoscopy surgery :p but the pain finally lessen a lot le!

Ya, what i meant was dr didn't tell me PCOS will have higher chance of miscarry. But after IUI, I was given daily dose of progesterone to help implantation and stablise pregnancy if any. Were you given the daily dose?

Good luck to you. Have more bed rest and less straining activities.

Ya, i was not told earlier as well. Only told hard to get preg. Been trying for 2yrs. Doc gave duphaston pills to take daily. Is that the progestrone you talking about?

Hi

I need some advice. I'm suppose to start SO-IUI in KK on Feb but my relative strongly recommend me to change to NUH.

But now den I realised that NUH only have IUI.

I'm not sure if I should go ahead with it or go back to KK.

Ya, i was not told earlier as well. Only told hard to get preg. Been trying for 2yrs. Doc gave duphaston pills to take daily. Is that the progestrone you talking about?

Yes read from the IVF thread that is the same, it's a hormone to creat a conducive environment and aid in implantation. When I had bleeding at week 10 I was given that too all the way until third trimester lor. But I think it causes pimples and gastric to be bloated. It's like wonder medicine...

Just got my first scan on Monday and was asked to increase dosage from 75 to 100. Going back tomorrow for another scan. But I start to get a little sticky discharge that I have never gotten before. Is that a preview of ovulation? But my follicles are still small. I hope it will increase tmw to the ideal size. But I forgot to ask the doc what's the ideal size. What if I started ovulating and my follicles are not ready . Does that mean I need to abort the cycle?

Just got my first scan on Monday and was asked to increase dosage from 75 to 100. Going back tomorrow for another scan. But I start to get a little sticky discharge that I have never gotten before. Is that a preview of ovulation? But my follicles are still small. I hope it will increase tmw to the ideal size. But I forgot to ask the doc what's the ideal size. What if I started ovulating and my follicles are not ready . Does that mean I need to abort the cycle?

Don't think will ovulate before egg reaches ideal size, you will be given a trigger injection once eggs reaches ideal size. I also didn't ask what is ideal size, I just follow instructions LOL. But I remember two weeks after I started the cycle I was told to do a urine test for ovulation every morning, if I see double line must go down immediately before my next appt to have my trigger shot.

Yes read from the IVF thread that is the same, it's a hormone to creat a conducive environment and aid in implantation. When I had bleeding at week 10 I was given that too all the way until third trimester lor. But I think it causes pimples and gastric to be bloated. It's like wonder medicine...

Oh ok. Hopefully it will help to stabilize my pregnancy. I was given right after iui to till. Just that it increase after the bleeding.

Hi ladies, can share with me your experience on SO-IUI? I only experience natural IUI 1 time but fail. Going for my 2nd natural IUI this cycle.
I just change doctor to Thomson Hospital LC Cheng. LC Cheng advise me to do SO -IUI if my natural IUI Fail again. May i know is it very painful? Everyday need to do injection will it be very tired after that? I'm so worried upon hearing everyday need injection.

Hi ladies, can share with me your experience on SO-IUI? I only experience natural IUI 1 time but fail. Going for my 2nd natural IUI this cycle.
I just change doctor to Thomson Hospital LC Cheng. LC Cheng advise me to do SO -IUI if my natural IUI Fail again. May i know is it very painful? Everyday need to do injection will it be very tired after that? I'm so worried upon hearing everyday need injection.

The injection very fast. Less than 2 mins can be done and leave for work. The needle is very tiny too and it is in a pen form easy to use. For me I don't have side effects from the injections. You can read our earlier posts for more info.

hi dear, i am also under LC cheng. the clinic give me gonal-f for injection. the needle is quite fine. Generally painless. Don't know why for me some days it painful like a pinch.
For me i have side effects like headache and nausea on first day. after that its a dull headache on-off. i suppose everyone react differently.

hi dear, i am also under LC cheng. the clinic give me gonal-f for injection. the needle is quite fine. Generally painless. Don't know why for me some days it painful like a pinch.
For me i have side effects like headache and nausea on first day. after that its a dull headache on-off. i suppose everyone react differently.
Thanks dear for sharing. I really hope my Natural IUI for this cycle successful so i no need start SO-IUI.

Don't think will ovulate before egg reaches ideal size, you will be given a trigger injection once eggs reaches ideal size. I also didn't ask what is ideal size, I just follow instructions LOL. But I remember two weeks after I started the cycle I was told to do a urine test for ovulation every morning, if I see double line must go down immediately before my next appt to have my trigger shot.

I'm already on my CD14 since my last scan 2 days ago seems like I have follicle growing till 11 and another at 9. The rest seems to stop at 5. Let's say if I don't grow to the ideal size does that means that I will not ovalate this month and needs to abort the cycle? Have you had the trigger shot yet?

I'm already on my CD14 since my last scan 2 days ago seems like I have follicle growing till 11 and another at 9. The rest seems to stop at 5. Let's say if I don't grow to the ideal size does that means that I will not ovalate this month and needs to abort the cycle? Have you had the trigger shot yet?

I didn't know my size then, the doctor told me only 1 is growing to suitable size. So I guess when I had the trigger shot only that egg was ovulated. Not sure those of not suitable size will come out together or not. I did my SOIUI 3 years back.

Oh.. I can understand how u feel. Happen during my 2nd IUI. Doctor gave me 3 options. 1 is to convert to IVF, 2nd to stop and wait for next cycle. Last is trigger immediately and if end up too many, to "kill" some. Forgot the term they use.

Thanks dear for sharing. I really hope my Natural IUI for this cycle successful so i no need start SO-IUI.
@Mummy to be I'm also under Dr LC cheng. He is a very good n patient Dr I've met. Can u tell me more if u tried for so-iui please?
Don't know is ur case same with mine?
I've ovulated n the size is ok too over my past cycles but then I still failed. Now very depressed. . I'm scared so-iui couldn't help me too :(

@Mummy to be I'm also under Dr LC cheng. He is a very good n patient Dr I've met. Can u tell me more if u tried for so-iui please?
I've ovulated n the size is ok too over my past cycles but then I still failed. Now very depressed. . I'm scared so-iui couldn't help me too :(
Hi, i haven't started SO-IUI yet. I just went to my 2nd visit to Dr LC. Now i am at mointoring stage. I really hope i no need start SO-IUI.

Looks like many under lc Cheng.
Jus did my iui yesterday. Only one follicle though.
Was asked to do bd on Friday when I went for scan.
Self injection with ovridrel on sat night. Went in for iui on Monday.
Asked to do bd again last night.
So now waiting till 11may to test if success or af comes first.
This is my first try at iui.

R u under lc Cheng for other cycles?

Looks like many under lc Cheng.
Jus did my iui yesterday. Only one follicle though.
Was asked to do bd on Friday when I went for scan.
Self injection with ovridrel on sat night. Went in for iui on Monday.
Asked to do bd again last night.
So now waiting till 11may to test if success or af comes first.
This is my first try at iui.

R u under lc Cheng for other cycles?
HI,
I'm still under monitoring stage by LC, as i only just went to see him. think this month i not doing anything yet.

Back