Is NUK or Avent milk bottle better?

Garfield,
I had used Avent when my child was born.It was ok till 7mths later,the Avent bottles which I am using was leaking and I gonna change the whole set of bottle.

Understand that Pigeon bottle works well,u might like to consider?

pinkypink > Hmm .... my sis also recommend NUK but very ex though because i had bought a starter kit of Avent.

pinklilies > Ok ok, Pigeon is still alright, will buy this brand the next time.

I use Avent and find that its very good as my both niece and nephew both use Avent and its reliable only Nuk is glass and more expensive also...

Avent easy
:0

i started using avent bottle and it was ok for my daughter till she turn 4 mths old. the nipple for 2-3 mth flow is too slow and nipple for 3-4 mths old is too fast. Changed to pigeon and work well for my baby. especially the "Y" cut nipple.

I am using NUK for my son. Initially bought AVENT, but my son dun like it and take hours to drink a bottle. once i changes to NUK, he drinks very fast.

So my advises is not to buy so much bottles. Let him/her try first. If he okay, then go and buy more.

i started with avent but had to change the whole set to nuk. Bcos baby was too weak (born low in weight) to suck and nuk is the only one with latex teats which enable her to suck properly

yes lor. really depend on the baby. NUK one is stimulate the breast feeding. easier to suck the milk also. I bought a lot of avent bottles last time. then buy those sterilizer etc give free bottles. End out all wasted. cos i had to change to use NUK bottle.
So dun buy too many bottles. Try first, if can adapt, then ask your husband or friend to help you buy more.

i started on avent and my boy drinks very very very slowly. 60ml can drink for more then half hour. the flow is horrible. lucky nuk premium choice can fit avent bottles. i change after his first month and he can finish his 100ml milk within 10mins.

if you want something thats very similar to breastfeeding, i'll think tommytippie is of better choice. cuz after latching, i realise the shape of my nips looks like tommytippie's design.

I am using both NUK and Avent. For Newborn NUK teats are very soft and will turn sticky , the teats “sink “and leak which I don’t like. But the bottle is very durable and attractive. Now my baby is 8 months, using avent cause the teats dun sink. The bottle is bigger and at night easier to make milk in the room with very dim light. Because I will prepare warm water in vacuum flask, milk powder and avent bottle for night feed. My friend likes Tommy Tippee because it reduces colic and the teat look cute (like breast).

I have bought BPA Avent bottle that leaks, according to the sale there is a few batch of bottle that have this problem. I went back to the shop and demand a change and the new one are working fine. Hope it helps!

We are using NUK. Both my kids love NUK. The glass bottles are great...haven't broken one for 2 years. But because of the way the teats are, they will leak if not standing upright when bringing around in bags. Good thing about NUK is that it's compatible with Medela..so I can use the bottles and teats interchangeably. But for AVENT, I think only AVENT parts can fit AVENT items.

NUK is slightly more expensive than Avent.

But i think both are good..my son has been using Avent since day 1 till now. No issue on leaking. But the teat not very lasting. every 4-6 months got to change.

For NUK, the material seems harder. i guess i should be more lasting...

but once u use NUK, hard to switch. Same for Avent. cause their teat structure design is very different.

Garfield,

Teats= nipples

I started out using NUK for my daughter when she was a NB. Read online that NUK was good to prevent nipple confusion and I thought that it could prevent colic.

As a NB, i realised the smallest hole size for NUK was too slow so upgraded to the medium hole size for her. When she hit 6 months, she took very long to finish her milk. I tried upgrading to the bigger teats (medium size) and she choke on her milk!

Anyway I changed her milk bottle to avent, from teat size 2 to 3 then 4 holes. Quite good. When she was NB, I did try avent and Pigeon, she did not drink much from this 2 brands of bottles.

So agree with the mums here that shld not stock up on bottles until ur baby confirm ok with the brand.

btw, total we broke 3 NUK glass bottles. And the suckiest part is that the "air vent" thing on the NUK teats din work (it din bubble as the package said it will)!! My Avent bottles nvr leak before leh...

Using avent since my gal is nb until now at 11 months and on teat size 2. haha cos i saw on the label that size 2 is for breastfeeding babies so used it from when she's 3months till now. mom told me she can finish her mom in 5-10mins. when she's abt 2-3 weeks old, we went to parentcraft at thomson medical and the lactation consultant offered my gal a flat teat bottle and she refused it. didn't even want to suck it. luckily we brought our avent bottle and she gobbled up all the milk. think for every baby it's different. and my avent bottles didn't leak also.

I use Advent for my boy, and Nuk for my gal as she has been fussy since young. And she does not suck on advent cos Nuk more like nipple. But i prefer Advent ocs easier to wash, as well as put the milk powder in.

for nuk, they do have plastic bpa. i got 3 big 2 small recently at robinson sale. $55. less $5, and with another 5% for cardmember rebate. u may check it out at gss

jenny, do you mean plastic NUK bpa free? i saw it at the robinsons sale.. but i'm still too early in my pregnancy to buy any of these yet..

my first baby when 1month i use Avent, but she suck always leak, then i change to NUK, is very good no more leak, after few month i change back Avent. more cheaper but quality also change alot, before that is England quality very good, now is philip quality drop...
my second baby i use NUK from first day until now 13month, the milk bottle quality still very good i only change the nipple. but Avent i change 2 times already ...

Hi Garfield, do you intend to breastfeed?
cos u should get a bottle that will fit your breastpump, if you are expressing milk.
I am using Medela breast pump so I use Medela bottle or Pigeon storage bottle.
I use NUK teats with my bottles.
I used Bfree anti-colic bottles with formula milk as it can prevent colic in baby.
No need to buy too many bottles cos I think sometimes there are good promotion where they give free bottles when u buy breast pump or other baby items.
Wait for Taka baby fair usually can get good buy.
Mums & Babes having GSS sale until July.

Hi all, I'm a new member with a 3 month old baby. I'm using Bfree Plus bottle for my baby. Previously I used Avent but I experienced some leakage when using the bottles. After using the Bfree bottle for my baby, his colic problem reduce and has a smoother feeding too.

Hi, I understand most hospitals are using NUK so i guess is good for baby. Recently i saw Tomme Tippe, it looks gd too as nipple is similar to our breast.

But so confusing don't know which brand to buy ??

Hello, when my bb drink using nuk bottles, she will tend to spill out more milk while drinking. She doesn't ve this problem with avent bottle but I encountered another problem with avent bottle. It leaks and can be frustrating. Sigh, going to complain to philips.

anyone know for Pigeon Rapid STeam Sterilizer, can fit all kinds of bottles?? or can only use pigeon bottle?

@Joleen: Your're welcome! When is your edd? It's okay to get early for the sterilizer I think. Cos the babyfair really offer a very good deal. And Pigeon bottle nipples is softer as compared to Avent. Some babies don't like the hardness and will refuse to drink milk.

NUK bottle bundle at Marina John Little

3 big ones, 3 small, 1 free hanky (or is it a bib??) and 1 pack of oral wipes at $51.90..

The usual price for 1 NUK is around $10++
Good buy if you are sure NUK is the brand your kids like.

Don't you find NUK leaky too?

Reason being the cap does not block the hole from the teat. So if you turn the bottle upside down with cap on, it drips out like no body business.

Any remedy?

Yup they r leaky..so I will try to stand the bottles upright when carrying them ard but sometimes when they topple will still leak. Can buy new caps which r tight enuf to ensure the liquid don't leak out of the caps. This will help reduce some mess to the bag.

mummies, can the teats for NUK fit into avent bottles??? anyone tried that?? caz i be buying the steriliser which comes with avent bottles but tot of buying NUK teats...

Tommy bottles are very high class leh...kekeke

Mummies,

My girl alternate between Avent & Tommee bottles. BB easier to burp after using these. Initially was using NUK.

<font color="ff0000"> bt both Tommee Tippee and NUK oni due to the nice ncie designs on the bottles--kekekekeke..nice flowers</font>

Hi, 

I have 2sets of 2 x 260ml Brand new Avent Less Colic milk bottle, Retail price at $36.90/set and I am selling at $30/set. Is BRAND NEW still in sealed box.! 

Drop me and email. 
Self Collect @ Sengkang

Interested please email me
[email protected]

Hi everyone,

i'm a newbie here and need your expert advice! If i'm using a Medela breastpump, what brand milk bottles are compatible? I have 2 friends who told me that only Pigeon and Nuk bottles are suitable but not Avent. As my friend gave me 4 brand new Avent bottles of course I'd rather save $$ and not buy anymore, but my friends insisted that it won't fit. I have yet to buy my breastpump but i'm set on getting the Medela PIS advanced. Now my husband claims that his colleague told him Medela is compatible with Avent. Any advice or insight on this?

Back