Indonesian Mommies?

hi indo mums,
both hubby n i are indonesians too, i have 14 months old girl. this is my girl playing w/ hair pin..
928926.jpg

sandra,
hey i live in clementi too. which block r u?

dinut,
my bb used to sleep in cot for 8 months, then she started to reject it. never use playpen, but i have a changing mat that can be put on top of the cot (like the one in playpen), still using it now. bath tub was given from hospital, also still using until now. like Sandra, i used to soap her on a changing mat on bed then bath in bath tub. now use shower in bathroom already.

r u going to take care of ur baby by yourself or will u have ur parents or confinement nanny? i took care of my baby by myself since coming back from hospital, feeding, changing, bathing, etc. got lots of problem w/ breastfeeding and no one around to help me. got v stressed out v often those days, glad that i survived hehe.. just sharing not to scare u lah, i'm sure u'll be doing very well
happy.gif

among things that are helpful for solo mommy: baby rocker, a reliable electric breast pump (if u intend to bf) mm.. what else ah.. the usual baby stuffs i guess.

hi wendy,
ur boy got nice smile
happy.gif

my girl also started to walk quite early at 10 months. even managed to walk 1 step at 9 months old. but till now she hasn't speak yet
sad.gif
can only managed "dada" and "more". kinda worried..

Sandra: Bogornya dimana? I'm from Bogor too hihihi.. kok your name sounds familiar ya?

Dinut: I speak simple Japanese only
happy.gif

Changing table: not really necessary.
Bathing: I put the baby bathtub on top of the sink so you dn't have to bend down and hurt your back. But after bb gets bigger it's dangerous so have to put the bath tub on the floor/somewhere low.
I used shower after he could stand up till now.
My baby sleeps on his crib.have a playpen bot he doesnt like to be inside playpen. I took out one of the crib's panel after he's about 7mths old and connected it to our bed.. so he sleeps on his crib but together with us (kebanyang ngga
happy.gif

Mum2B; Your girl is cute.
happy.gif

Arisan : yuuukk!!!

For your info: nowadays I shop Indonesian foodstuff at belanja.com lumayan if you look for blueband, meses, kecap dll .and bumbu munik .

hi wendy, m a bit confused here. so u r mom to bryan age 1 right? and dinut is a mom to be?

im from jakarta. family still there. am mom to 5 kids, one of whom has passed away due to heart prob. my youngest gal is also turning one soon. she is a sept 06 baby, urs?

Hi,mama to 5Js

yeah,I am mom to bryan,he is july 06 baby

I am from jakarta too,but my parent stay in Taiwan

still go to jakarta once awhile to visit relatives

i just came back from jakarta during june holis with my kids. also went to bandung, bought sooo much clothes at the factory outlets. unfortunately my daughter came down with severe diarrhoe when she came back here and her stool showed a named parasites which my pd said is v rare in sg but v common in indonesia. i reckon its from our trip to bandung n puncak. took her 2 weeks to recover and she lost so much weight but thank god now she put back on again.

hohoho...good to meet more mummies here! welcome mum2b n mama to 5js!
mum2b...ur gal looks pretty in the pic
happy.gif

wowww mama to 5js...what it's like to have 5 kids?
happy.gif
yup i'm the mum to be...nw 22 wks preggie with my 1st child,expecting a boy due on 26th dec.
abt diarrhoea...i've got lots of singaporean friends (n their kids) who get it after their trip to indonesia and they're amazed that indonesians tummies r quite tough to eat kaki lima food heeheehee i just told them probably coz living in singapore,a much more hygienic country makes their tummies 'untrained' to less hygienic food so they easily catch the germs in it.

btw thanks all for the advice...i didn't know that the hospital wld give bb bath tub,which hospital is this? i dun think mine will give though...
i've just bought a bb tub at the taka baby fair on sunday.was a little confused where to best place the tub later coz i do have back prob..

hashisan...japanese was my minor subject in university coz i was very interested in its culture
happy.gif
but nw hardly use the language so i'm losing it.

dinut, v chaotic at home lor. but used to it already lah, like when the older kids go for field trip in school for half a day, it seems so quiet. yes, sporeans tummy too trained for kaki lima food. even hubby gets the runs after coming back.

most pte hosp will give tubs. i gave birth to my 4 kids at esh everytiume give bath tubs but i gave birth last yr at glen e no free tub leh

mama to 5js

enjoy yr stay.

How u look after of 5 kids? I have only 1 very streesfull liao. U can speak indo? since u sg in here from 8 yrs old

Hello ibu ibu...

Wendy.. your baby boy is so adorable and so clever.. can smile to the camera..

Mum2B your daughter is so pretty.....
I stay at block 377 beside the Clementi Police neighborhood. how about you?

Hashisan I am from Citeureup..
schooling in Regina Pacis HIgh school year 1996
how about you?

Mamato5Js WELCOME....
I must admire you for having 5 kids it must have been tough.. and you are a full time Mom..??
any helper?

Dinut For having baby esp first time mom like you.. always better to get some help...
I found myself just like being hit by a truck the next day after labour.. I couldnt do anything .. all my energy left was for the baby and to get let down for my breast milk (my mom and grandma no breastmilk at all).. was so tiring no energy for doing anything. I cried for smallest thing too... and also maybe bcos I was hospitalised for a long period of time before I gave birth cos some problems during pregnancy..
I Was lucky my mom was around.. and not so long after that a confinement lady from Indo came too..
Postnatal blues is quite a concern esp for 1st time mum.. cos no experience and not sure what to expect..

If i am not mistaken Mt Alvernia give bath tub for free... the other private hospital I dont think they give..

Mums.. anyone is a working mom? anybody know a good babysitter around west area?
I am now still on a long leave.. will be back to work in Jan 08...

Mums ... do you buy a high chair? or just buy the chair booster? which one is better? and when is it necessary? is it as soon as the baby eat solid which is about 6 months?

NICE TO HAVE FRIENDS TO CHAT AND SHARE OPINIONS AS WELL AS EXPERIENCE...

wendy
i'll deliver at mount e...i'll be glad if they won't give me bath tub coz then i'll regret buying the one i have nw hehehe

mum2b n sandra
it's encouraging that someone went thru all this all by herself like mum2b.i'm nt sure yet what will happen once bb is here...but i've been alone thru out pregnancy n i have the feeling it'll be the same after delivery.
eventhough my family's in batam they seldom come n vice versa.both my mum n mum in law r busy there,my mum still works so it'll be hard for her to be here with me.
i thought of bringing confinement nanny from indo...sandra,did u have to arrange a special permit for her to be in singapore?
i've been hearing that it's very tough once bb is here n hope i won't get bb blues...coz in early stage of pregnany i was rather stressed being alone with bad morning sickness till 4th month.
somedays when i cld only lay on bed alone when hubby's at work was depressing.nw i'm at happier place starting to enjoy my pregnancy,hopefully after delivery will stay this way.
i miscarried once n i know the feelings of longing for a bb...nw i'm halfway thru i feel blessed but sometime worries creep in.

oh well...started to sound rather sad hehehe anyway nice to share with everyone...i decided to quit my job to concentrate on this pregnancy n bringing up my child so it really helps to meet other mummies.

btw hashi-san...tried to go to belanja.com but the link didn't work?

xiao ling
yes i still speak indo, cos i still go back often and i talk to my mom on the phone at least 3 times a week. im speaking to my gal purely in indo too. regret lah last time no train my boys, they r starting to pick up little by little now from what i said to my gal. their favourite sentence is "KAMU NAKAL YAH HANNAH" (johannah is my gal's name)

sandra
yes im full time. dun trust anyone looking aft my kids lah. i have a maid though to do housework.

my high chair is from ikea. cheap n good! and lasted me 7 yrs!! its good to feed baby on high chair as soon as they start their first solid meal, provided they can sit upright already. its a good habit to cultivate, if not next time u have headache if they refuse to sit in highchair when u dining outside.

hey wanna meet one day? its so nice seeing so many indo moms!

Dinut

I also went thru confinement without nanny,but my FIL was very good he cook for me everyday .my SIL will come every afternoon to wash BB clothes ,I only look after BB and get rest ,since Born ,Bryan behave very well ,during first month he did not make fuss or cried much ,at night my HB take turn to look after him,feed and change him,I did not latch on to breast feed (lousy mummy ) so before bedtime I always pump first and when BB hungry my HB will do the feeding

Hello ibu2 indo!

Stumbled upon this thread, and glad to know that there are so many indo mommies in the forum. I'm a first time mom-to-be from jkt married to sporean hubby, expecting my first boy in mid Oct. I've been here since I'm 14.

Hi Dinut, I'm gonna deliver in Mt E too by Dr Suresh Nair, which gynae is yrs? I am currently arranging permit to bring a "suster" from indo to look after my baby. Initally I thot of engaging a maid agency to do the nec processing but realise that the procedure is pretty simple and I did it on my own. Let me know if you need more info on this
happy.gif

Once again, nice meeting all of you here and hope we cld build our ibu2 arisan community thru this thread...
happy.gif

Dinut
I understand what you have been through because Ive been there myself.. my pregnancy was also not that easy... when 3 mth pregnant found myself bleeding quite alot and my hubby was in KL, went to hospital myself..
and was in the hospital for 3 mth cos some problems... (I emphatise with you, and diff pregnancy diff condition - I dont want to make you scared) :p keep praying
when the bb arrive it was even more stressfull.. other than you have to deal with your hit-by truck-body condition
happy.gif
and you are also worry whether your newborn baby is ok.
I actually engaged a friend of aunt, she was here with social visit pass and then we went to Immigration to extend with a letter from doctor to support the application and they grant another 2 months for her to stay to take care of me..

Mamato5Js
yeah I actually agree with you that taking care of your own is the best..but I kinda miss working too..

Serenity
Welcome Welcome
happy.gif

I engage a maid at the moment, I had the same idea to "direct employe" a suster from Indonesia.
However we are afraid that the maid/suster wont have the same commitment like the maid engaged with the agency and if someday she say she want to go home, we cant really do anything but to send her back.. after paying ticket fiscal etc etc etc... aiya just get one from maid agency here..
unless your maid/suster is someone that you know well and has been around for the longest time working with your family...and she will like it here

MUMS..
Any idea.. how much normally the fees for engaging a babysitter?
was thinking to engage a babysitter when I am back to work.. let my maid take care and the babysitter will supervise her.

Yes Arisan..good idea. I havent been to arisan myself..
hahahah

Cheers

sirenity
enjoy yr stay

mama 5 js
i also stay east area near indoor stadium. which part r u?

Alot mum from indo here & we can speak indonesia. hehehe

Arisan apa nih ibu2? Udah lama gak arisan dr semenjak SMA. hihihi....

serenity
hi! im new here too!

xiauling
im stayg at bayshore area but moving to tanjung rhu area. are u somewhere there too?

sandra
babysitter cost abt 500plus to 600 plus and when ur baby start solids i think they will ask another $50 from u to buy fresh grocery. if u r thinking of a babysitter why dun let the babysitter do the job? paying somebody 600 a mth just to supervise ur maid is such an easy job for her isnt it? i also want hehe...

sorry ah but what is arisan? pardon me i been here since i was 8. my bahasa not v powderful.

All,
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sandra,
I am engaging a suster who's currently working for my sis in jkt looking after my niece for couple of years and has been proven good, that's why resort to direct employ instead of getting a brand new maid fm the agency. Moreover my mom will be here with me for the first few mths to supervise the suster herself when I'm back to work. Hv been toying with few ideas like infant care, babysitter etc...Sigh! guess that's the woes of a foreigner full time working mom whom family is not here. Are you a full time mom?

Dinut,
I've too miscarried once before I'm expecting my current baby. That was the lowest point of my life - kept crying for weeks till i managed to pick up the pieces and move on. Looking at the bright side, the lost has taught us to really treasure our baby even more. Are you already in your 3rd trimester? If you don't mind, you may pour out yr worries and problems here and see whether we cld help you in any ways! I'm no different from you, been worrying abt the slightest thing since I got pregnant, guess that's the parts and parcel of being a mom.

mama to 5Js
Hi! 5 kids, Wow! Envy you! Coming fm a big family of 4 siblings myself, I know the joy & warm feeling when everyone gathers as a complete family...your house pasti rame terus yah, hehe in a good way! How old are yr kids?

You've been here since 8 and can still speak indo, not bad!! My indo is kinda rusty too...Ok, let me attempt to explain arisan (note: hv never been to arisan before actually hehe) arisan = ibu2 gathering which are usually held at least monthly to talk abt kids, alat2 rumah tangga aka panci, household stuff etc..hehe...bener gak yah?

hi mummies...thank you so much for your support,i really appreciate it
happy.gif

welcome serenity! i'm with a female gynae dr Patricia Sim...please pass more info regarding arrangement to bring own nanny here,thanks!
arranging for a person u knw with 'proven track record' to come n help is better than going to agent i guess...can save unwanted extra headache if the 1 from agent is far frm what u expect.

xiau ling...wld love to use indonesian here but since everyone has been using english n some said they're nt fluent in it so i'm nt sure which one to use hahaha mix n match then indo campur english...

regarding ARISAN...hmmm to my best knowledge hehehe it's a social 'tradition' in indonesia where mums get together periodically (usually once a month) to chit chat bout everything n anything under the sun n to spice it up usually they will have this 'lucky draw',so every month each mummy will pay certain amount of $ (nt necessarily big amount) then during the arisan their names will be drawn to determine who will get all the $ gathered that month.this continues till everyone gets their share.
but i think nowadays the ARISAN phenomenon isn't restricted to mums only...n it has became an excuse for social gathering at all levels (colleagues,extended family etc...) just like in the movie 'ARISAN' hehehe anyone watched it before?

serenity
my kids are 6.5 yr old (twin boys), 3.5 yr old (boy), my youngest is a gal turning 1 this sept 4. my 4th boy passed away at 2 mths old due to heart failure. if he is still ard he wud have been 2 this sept 12.

thansk mommies ya for ur explanation abt arisan. i think i roughly know already now! hey its a good idea. shall we do it?

dinut and serenity, i juga miscarried b4 and plus the loss of my boy really made me cherish my children now. after i lost my boy i got so paranoid when i preg with my gal. keep praying la to keep my heart at peace!

xiauling
im shifting to one of the condos there. hey we stay so near to each other nanti bisa sering2 ketemu yah?

Hi ibu2...

Maybe not everyone know that there will be a Bazar at KBRI Chatsworth... on 26 August 10 AM to 2 PM
There wil be alot of Indonesian Food.. and you can buy some groceries that are not readily avail in Singapore..
Thomas Djorgi will come too.. I am not sure what he is going to do though maybe SING???

it will be crowded too... maybe can go early in the morning..?

Cheers
Sandra

sandra
wat problem is u why u cannot find this thread?

This bazar i think for TKI rite? Coz i see the brosur they write for TKI in sg. Maksudnya buat pembantu2 yg kerja di sg

Hi Xiau Ling,

Not really only for pembantu .. I think the term for Tenaga Kerja Indonesia is for all Indonesian working people in Singapore..
Cos this invitation comes to Indo-sing-mums groups...and this event is due to Kemerdekaan Indonesia celebration and it is once a year kind of event

well I guess Pembantu are also invited
happy.gif

For some reason I couldnt find this thread anymore under "A Singapore Motherhood Portal for the Singapore" --> "Parents Motherhood, Pregnancies And Babies" folder.
Am I the only one cant find it..? cos yesterday I still can find it under the folder...

I can access this because I use yesterday's visited website

Xiau Ling
I have 5 month old baby..
and just had injection.. I think I wont be coming
There will be alot alot of people..
Pity the baby
happy.gif

But there will be alot of Indonesian Stuff for sure..

hello mummies...I am so happy to see this thread so active now!!! All thanks to Wendy who informed me!

I am a Singaporean married to an Indon and now I reside in Jkt.

Hello everyone once again!

Hi missk
happy.gif

Ibu ibu I'm thinking of going back to Jakarta this Dec for 2-4 weeks.but my passport expired Feb 08.. Should I renew my passport first?
any idea?
this morning called embassy but the answer like not very convincing.. heee

oi YOAN!!!! How r u? I never hear from your fren Nelly anymore leh. Where is she now?

Hello hashisan ... haha..the embassy always gives answers like this. Very scary when it comes to handling with the embassy. But u can always engage an agent to help u. R u aware of this?

hashisan, urm ... I am not sure this agent can help u with your matters. He certainly did for mine. Urm..if you want to know more, just PM me ok. I am not sure if it's convenient to reveal this. *scared*

Yoan, ooo,she also didnt contact u? *strange* I wonder if she's doing alrite. I lost her number becos there was a problem with my HP.

Hi hi..
Glad to find this thread for mummies from indo..

Would like to join you all.. I'm from Bandung, move to Jakarta since married. Just been here for almost 2yrs. M 33wks pregnant now.. Kinda anxious and excited counting the wks.. hee..

Btw, for mummies who already deliver in singapore. How do you register the birth cert of your baby to Indo embassy? Do we nid to register first at ICA then to Indo embassy or the other way around?

And what about the name? We cannot register the baby name with surname for Indo birth cert? Is that so? My SIL in Jakarta told me so. Been trying to check with Indo embassy. Tried to call them but so far couldnt get thru. Once get thru, they said they're closed oredi, been asked to call again the next day.. but then again v diff to get thru
sad.gif

Any mummies care to share, pls? Tks in advance.. Cheers
happy.gif

hello eufrsia

I live in JKT. We can actually meet up!!

I am Singaporean and so I deliver in Sgp. My cousin in law actually also delivered in Sg (she's Indon).

As for registration, it really depends on the nationality of the parents. I think you should get an agent to handle this for u. I dun like to think too hard abt all these matters. It's really vexing. So I just get my agent to handle everything for me. U can talk to my agent if you want. He's really reliable.

If I am not wrong, if both parents are Indon, the child will not get

Back