Hypno birthing and aqua birthing

maxzsim

Hi mothers, am a concerned dad to be, like to know if anyone has gone thru hypno birthing and whether its really as wat it claims to be I.e pain-less . Also heard abt giving birth over water , do give me advice how good is it from those mothers who have done so. Heard the good abt natural birth that will coat my baby with the good bacteria, would want it to be natural if possible. Many tks to all first.

I went thru hypno birthing class,but as a first time mom, it was not useful to me.I still feel pain during labour. But instead, I use those hypno techniques on my bb to coax him to Sleep.

Many tks for sharing your experience

I supposed the hypno techniques learnt will not be in in vain then :)

But I tot that hypno techniques is supposedly good for mummy to be during labour not sure if it'll be pain-free but maybe diff ppl diff experiences I guess.

I hope those mums who have gone thru either the hyno or aqua birthing techniques can share wif me their experiences.

tks

Hi.

I did water birth at NUH for my first one in 2012.

I was glad I opt for it cos it really helps in the pain management.
I went in the tub at 9cm dilation and the pain went down by Abt 50%.
Started pushing 30 mins later and baby was out in 15 mins.
It was a drug free labour and I only had the laughing gas before I went into the tub.

I would say that water birth is pain free for me..

Note that it's a natural birth and no cutting was done cos wife will be in the water so she will have to tear naturally.

Hope it helps!

Tks so much for sharing the experience, will see if my wife also wants to go for water-birth.
I understood that not all gynae are trained for water-birthing, so I gotta check if mine does anot or if the one recommended can fit into the EDD schedule.

Hi maxzsim

Currently i am a mother of two children , both are girls and their names are alexia and aenaa..

At the time of alexia i was having a water birth and i felt so relaxed after following this proceudre.. Acocridng to me water birth is good for those who have BMI less than 30. you must Examine your own motivations, incentives and expectations for wanting a water birth. Ask yourself what made you decide to have a water birth.
You are more likely to give birth in an upright position if you are using the birthing pool than if you are on dry land. Being upright gives you the advantage of working with gravity and may lead to a quicker, easier delivery.

There may be a risk of infection from the birthing pool itself, the outlet or inlet pipes, or if your bowels open in the pool. SO decide precisely.

For women giving birth naturally, the most critical skill to master is relaxation. It may seem odd to consider relaxation a skill, but indeed it is.

The-Midwives-008.jpg

Hypnobirthing is a commercial system of classes pioneered by Marie Mongan that primarily uses self hypnosis to promote a natural and peaceful birth. The techniques used are deep relaxation, breathing and visualisation to help promote the release of endorphins and oxytocin, and avoid the release of adrenaline which can halt birth or make it more painful.

According to me hire the services of midwives and then ask them about what your wife should prefer....

at the time of aenaa i have hired the services of lamidwifecollective and they have provided me the best parentam care...

Hi, I recently came across water birthing method and I'm very inspired to do it. I'm due in May and trying to get as much info and preparation for it. However, my current Gynae doesn't support water birthing :( and I've signed a package with him. Wondering how should I tackle this right now and if there's any good Gynae to recommend for water births?
TIA!

Hi all!

Bumping this up. I'm interested in water birth and Hypnobirthing. Anyone who gave birth either/both way? Hope to hear some experiences also on the pros and cons of water-birthing at NUH vs TMC which are the two hospitals that have water birth facilities. Thanks :)

Back