How and when do you break the news?

littleoneinme

Just for fun and reference - how do you break the good news of your pregnancy to family members, friends, or even partner?

And when do you do it?

:p

Actually my hubby is the 1st person who suspect my pregnancy, i didn't even notice about it. :p

I break the news to my family, boss and some of my close friends in my 14 weeks.

I think on the safe end, a lot would choose to break the news after the first trimester, as there is a superstition that some babies are very choosy/picky, so if you break the news too early, they are jealous, and you will suffer a miscarriage. That is my hearsay from friends.

i told hubby.
he could not absorb the news for some time.
and i only told him. my mil manage to guess that i was pregnant.

I actually share it with my husband on whats' app due to his busy schedule and he called immediately with joy haha... it was quite a moment though. I break the news in my office after 3 months due to the tradition with pizza spread celebration and they will very happy for me :)

With #2, i woke hubby up with a pee stick early in the morning. This was not planned so we were in shock for a while.. Just stared at the ceiling wondering how we gonna handle since our bto not finished yet :p but now we are happy as can be.. Those things we can work out.

I just sent the ultrasound photo to my mum. No explanation needed

Exactly. I am still in my 1st trimester with all my girlfriends asking every time I complain of anything at all!
I still do not know the appropriate reply to all these questioning but I do not want to lie.

me: today bad day - stomach not doing so well
she: are you pregnant?

me: this noodles not that nice leh..

me: wah need to walk so far?

seriously.
:eek:

I think on the safe end, a lot would choose to break the news after the first trimester, as there is a superstition that some babies are very choosy/picky, so if you break the news too early, they are jealous, and you will suffer a miscarriage. That is my hearsay from friends.

I am the first amongst my sibs to be expecting.
I took my mum away from our family dinner for a while and showed her my ultrasound - she teared! :confused:

With #2, i woke hubby up with a pee stick early in the morning. This was not planned so we were in shock for a while.. Just stared at the ceiling wondering how we gonna handle since our bto not finished yet :p but now we are happy as can be.. Those things we can work out.

I just sent the ultrasound photo to my mum. No explanation needed

Back