Gynae cost and packages

Hi! Anyone has a gynae to recommend that delivers at Mt A? Would very much like to have a dr like Ben tham but only concern is the delivery at tmc. Any mount a gynae that is very much like him? Affordable, Patient and approachable. My previous gynae consultation is like 3mins n out i go. I'm looking for gynae in the east or north east. Thanks in advance.
Perhaps u would like to try Dr Phua Soo Mear at Kovan?

Hi fussywifey! To what i knw, the blood tests is to see the usual hiv thing... etc. N if not wrong, they do this thru out but i dun think its each visit. As for the scans, personally, im fine with alternate scans, unless i m not confident, or feel pain on off.. otherwise, its fine. I guess y we tend to want only 1 doc is imagine, we hv seen doc A B C D. Then nxt appt, Doc E. So Doc E has to read thru Doc AtoD records on us. I hv my own gynae ive been Seeing for years! I really wanted her to b my doc but somehow my husband managed to convince me to go KK. Like some say, @ other hosps, anything goes wrong, they send u to KK. So might as well start at KK.

Hi Ariana

What I do understand from my frens are.. if the gyane notice anything that do not look correct, they will tell u to go to KK to deliver. coz if anything, u will pay less. that happen to a few frens. during their detailed scan, they notice something not right.
one of the MTB that I know is seeing her own private gynae, but at the same time she is also visiting KK as subsidised patient. coz she had history of pre-eclampise. but for KK, her visits are spaced out. so in the event if it happens again, she will go KK to deliver.
it is up to u.

personally, for my first delivery, I did go to kk as privat. but I realise that the fees are not any cheaper than outside. in fact I was shocked that the pee stick is more ex than private. plus I m paying almost as much as what I paid my private. But I am not even seeing a senior gyane. plus the time spent waiting at kk (and gg ard kk to get the tests done), I gave up., At least my gynae had package from wk 16 onwards....and that covered scans and consultation. some private even include the vitamins.

not sure if i should change hospital.. was admitted to kkh a&e due to tummy ache and slight contractions.. the doctors there are not very friendly IMO

Hi mummy , I am a bit confusing with if sign up package with private gynae, so if something happen during delivery (touch wood!) then both mother and bb will be send to KKH?

How about if sign package with NUH? Same thing happens will be send to KKH too?
Please advise me, tq very much.

Hi mummy , I am a bit confusing with if sign up package with private gynae, so if something happen during delivery (touch wood!) then both mother and bb will be send to KKH?

How about if sign package with NUH? Same thing happens will be send to KKH too?
Please advise me, tq very much.

If there are complications which may endanger the mother and/or baby, the private gynae will advise you to get a referral to go KKH, so if there is a need for bb to be in NICU then it will be on subsidised rate and cheaper for the parent. Also KKH is a women and children's hospital they have more experience in dealing with complications.

I believe the doctor will act in the best interest of his patients.

I don't think there are packages at NUH, but I may be wrong since I don't see doc in NUH.

Hi! Anyone has a gynae to recommend that delivers at Mt A? Would very much like to have a dr like Ben tham but only concern is the delivery at tmc. Any mount a gynae that is very much like him? Affordable, Patient and approachable. My previous gynae consultation is like 3mins n out i go. I'm looking for gynae in the east or north east. Thanks in advance.

Hi, u may wan to try Dr HK Ho at Mt A, he's a very nice and caring dr. Also well known for his painless stitching.

I'm under kkh subsidized rate too. Didn't have scans on every check up unless previously you have complication birth/pregnancy and/or early detection of uncertainty during first trimester/early stage of pregnancy. You too can request to the gynae on duty that you want to have a scan done on the next check up.

Oversea gynae have the same practice of just 3-4 scans throughout a normal pregnancy. As a mother, I would like to see and know that baby is doing fine in my tummy, especially when I had complication pregnancy for my #1. It's always such a nice overwhelming to see the little one kicking and moving inside. But kkh subsidized have the same practice to minimize scanning done, reason given, unnecessary as baby is healthy and pregnancy is normal. But if it's kkh private, there'll be scan done on every appointment. Some gynae on duty will perform heartbeat detection/rate count on the spot to reassure you that baby is indeed doing well if you request to have a scan done (thus it depends on the gynae on duty.)

Overall, kkh subsidized will be cheaper but kkh private will be more expensive compare to private practice clinics..

I'll always choose 3+pm-4pm slots for normal non-scanning check up. But 2pm slot if scanning need to be done. Coz sometimes baby might not be in a favorable position to be scan.

I paid $13k cash and $2k medisave for my op in mount A when I'm 3.5mths preggy due to overgrown cyst and causing massive blood clots bleeding when I'm with a private gynae and delivered at mount A. Nurses are attentive and nice. I'm really comfy with them.

I paid $6+k cash after CPF deduction which included gynae fee, throughout pregnancy consultation/package, hospital charges when I delivered normal at mount A staying 2bedders. But had a terrible experience there this time. Impatient, fierce senior nurses during delivery, they'll keep pushing me to use epidural despite I'm in very well control situation and I didn't scream nor yell not cry but they are still very pushy and making me very uncomfy, chop chop fast fast LC during my stay, but good thing is I love their confinement food.

I paid $700+ in cash after CPF deduction which included gynae fee, throughout pregnancy consultation/scan charges, hospital charges when I delivered my #2 normal at kkh 5bedders. As skeptical as I am, I used to think kkh was.............scary and such but..I had a wonderful experience there despite I'm a subsidized patient! Nurses, mid wife, gynae on duty are all very attentive and reassure me everything will be fine. I'm in a really really bad shape due to the pain.(#1 is easy breezy but #2 was freaky!) but yet, they didn't lose their cool and still all smile and trying their utmost best to keep me comfy and such. It totally changed my selfish thoughts that kkh IS really that bad as most reviews had stated. But I still think it's up to individual experience. We might bump into good or bad nurses and such. So we can't really conclude that private hospital is good while subsidized hospital is bad.

My #1 gynae persuaded me to go kkh coz in case my condition relapsed, at least I won't have to pay that much. He's a good gynae that really care for your well being though i was told his charges are rather high compared to other private gynaes. But what matters to me is that I'm comfy with him. It's the trust between you and gynae I guess.

I never thought I'll engage a on duty gynae to deliver for me but I'm glad it's a good experience. Hopefully it's time round, I'll bump into good gynae, nurses and mid-wife.

=)

Hi anyone please advice me, should I continue to go this Gynae. My 1st appointment with Dr Adrian at Sengkang and he charged me total 270$ . (Scan+Consulation +folic acid +Vitamin).My pregnant 11 weeks now. He no ask me anything and he just do scan only(He took only 5 mins and very rushed). Then ,they never measure blood pressure , weight etc .I felt like he no care to patient. Does he always like that? Please advise me .

I am now seeing dr don wong at gynae link. His charges also reasonable. Anyone has experience with him before??

Hi pinky love
I only saw him two times and i feel ok ok as he will ask u any questions u want to ask something like this. Waiting time is not long if u take appt. anyway are u going to do normal or c sec? How many wks aldy?

Hi pinky love
I only saw him two times and i feel ok ok as he will ask u any questions u want to ask something like this. Waiting time is not long if u take appt. anyway are u going to do normal or c sec? How many wks aldy?

Hi YMT, I m in my 5th weeks only.. tested BFP on the preg kit last week .
Anyway my appointment with him is tomorrow ... I know its kind of early but no choice, my MIL cant trust my preg kit result of the BFP and she will believe that I m preg after gynae confirmation.
So tomorrow I will see how it goes for my visit to Dr Wong. ;)

5 weeks is still very early. For me i went and see at 6 weeks. He just asked me which day is ur last day of period and ultra sound scan then ask me to come next 2 weeks again so i think going to see doc on 5 wks is still early. Only 8 wks then can hear baby heart beats

Hi YMT, I m in my 5th weeks only.. tested BFP on the preg kit last week .
Anyway my appointment with him is tomorrow ... I know its kind of early but no choice, my MIL cant trust my preg kit result of the BFP and she will believe that I m preg after gynae confirmation.
So tomorrow I will see how it goes for my visit to Dr Wong. ;)

If the gynae cant see beanie. He may ask u to do a blood test then another 2 days later to see if hcg in yr blood doubles or more. congrats btw!

If the gynae cant see beanie. He may ask u to do a blood test then another 2 days later to see if hcg in yr blood doubles or more. congrats btw!
Hi darbi... thanks.... oh, week 5 still cant see beanie? What is the blood test for? to check if beanie is growing?

Hi darbi... thanks.... oh, week 5 still cant see beanie? What is the blood test for? to check if beanie is growing?
Week 5 maybe can see a sac, but not much else.... Week 7-8 may be able to see a very small foetus and hear the heartbeat... Sometimes week 5 cannot detect anything yet even... so you might wanna wait till week 7-8 to get a clearer picture, rather than go at week 5 and then kancheong cuz cannot see anything.

Blood test to check your HCG levels... if you're pregnant your HCG levels will be much much higher....

Week 5 maybe can see a sac, but not much else.... Week 7-8 may be able to see a very small foetus and hear the heartbeat... Sometimes week 5 cannot detect anything yet even... so you might wanna wait till week 7-8 to get a clearer picture, rather than go at week 5 and then kancheong cuz cannot see anything.

Blood test to check your HCG levels... if you're pregnant your HCG levels will be much much higher....
Hi getaway junkie, does a sac means pregnant? actually my purpose of seeing the gynae so early is to get confirmation that I m preg, not having some kind of illness or anything which cause my AF to stop.
the BFP on the preg test kit didn't convince my MIL and she is still having the mindset that maybe I m not preg.....

Hi getaway junkie, does a sac means pregnant? actually my purpose of seeing the gynae so early is to get confirmation that I m preg, not having some kind of illness or anything which cause my AF to stop.
the BFP on the preg test kit didn't convince my MIL and she is still having the mindset that maybe I m not preg.....

The sac is essentially the embryo and may or may not develop further... some mummies they have the sac, but few weeks later no heartbeat... :(

Dr Adrain Woodsworth price increase le..it's $688 inclusive gst now..wanna go back to him but scared cant afford hospital bills haha..now on budget gotta go kkh as subsidized patient liao lol

Dr Adrian is my #1 gynea back in 2009. His price was $550 if I remember correctly
Just made appt to see him for my first appt in nov.

The sac is essentially the embryo and may or may not develop further... some mummies they have the sac, but few weeks later no heartbeat... :(

omg! that's sad news to even find out..... when there is no heartbeat per say... will the pregnancy kit still show 2 lines or positive?

Hi anyone please advice me, should I continue to go this Gynae. My 1st appointment with Dr Adrian at Sengkang and he charged me total 270$ . (Scan+Consulation +folic acid +Vitamin).My pregnant 11 weeks now. He no ask me anything and he just do scan only(He took only 5 mins and very rushed). Then ,they never measure blood pressure , weight etc .I felt like he no care to patient. Does he always like that? Please advise me .

Hi LeiLei
I was with Dr Adrian for my previous pregnancy. He is like that! Very rush cos he has a lot of patients to see. I see him at the CCK clinic one.
I find his package reasonable last time. If I have questions to ask, I hand him my list of questions and he run through very fast as well. Overall I find that he is a great doctor and my pregnancy was normal and nothing much to worry except my own weight concern...
If u do not like rush rush type then perhaps he isn't suitable for u :)

Dr Adrian is my #1 gynea back in 2009. His price was $550 if I remember correctly
Just made appt to see him for my first appt in nov.

@phengpheng, I am looking at going to Dr Adrian too. but online reviews mention long waiting time and he doesn't speak much unless we have questions.... how's ur past sessions with him?

oh dear....:( * cross my fingers....
Don't worry too much... I think you can start search for gynae... and call the clinic and ask them when is a good time to visit to confirm the pregnancy... if you going early, just go in with the expectation that it may be too early to see anything... though the doctor can check through your health and ensure that your hormones are at the right levels etc to see through the pregnancy...

omg! that's sad news to even find out..... when there is no heartbeat per say... will the pregnancy kit still show 2 lines or positive?
Yes it will.... cuz it's a fertilised egg.... just that the embryo may not be in a viable environment to survive further (eg. ectopic pregnancy).

At week5 cant see beanie.. 6 to 7 then can see. The blood test is to detect hcg level cos it will increase in folds if yr pregnancy is viable.

@phengpheng, I am looking at going to Dr Adrian too. but online reviews mention long waiting time and he doesn't speak much unless we have questions.... how's ur past sessions with him?

Hi kenshen

Long waiting time cos he is really popular despite his short & rush consultation time.
Better call in adv to have the assistant to let u know when is the gd time to reach for the consult hrs.
He have clinic in CCK and seng kang and tmc too.
I am okie with him despite the rush short consult. He is really good and I'm glad I'm in his good hands (& his grp of delivery nurses) for my #1.

U consider first before making appt for ur appointed gynea :)

Cheerio :D

Hi all mummies
Is there anyone got experience with dr lim teck beng at mt e? I want to know got any package or per visit? Thx

5 weeks is still very early. For me i went and see at 6 weeks. He just asked me which day is ur last day of period and ultra sound scan then ask me to come next 2 weeks again so i think going to see doc on 5 wks is still early. Only 8 wks then can hear baby heart beats
ymt, may I check how much was your first visit to Dr Don Wong?

Hi all mummies
Is there anyone got experience with dr lim teck beng at mt e? I want to know got any package or per visit? Thx

Hi ymt,

My hubby was delivered by Dr Lim Teck Beng 30yrs ago. His mum swear by him. Our own baby boy of 24 mths old now was delivered by Dr Kowa, cos we didnt know Dr Lim was still around haha. Anyway we are really happy with Dr Kowa! We changed our gynae near our home just for him! And we changed just 2-3 weeks before our baby boy was abt to come out!! :) Hope this helps. So our take is, if at Mount Elizabeth, these 2 docs are our favourite!! :)

Hi, Any reviews and pricing for dr Wendy Teo, and dr Benjamin Tham on c sect.
And how's their stitching skill?

Thanks..

I'm seeing dr beh suan tiong at TMH, antenal package is 20 weeks onwards at $600 + GST. Before that consultation is $80 / 60 + ultrasound $50...most of the time, each consultation will not go past $150. Delivery fee if im not wrong is $1300.

Hi, Any reviews and pricing for dr Wendy Teo, and dr Benjamin Tham on c sect.
And how's their stitching skill?

Thanks..

I like dr tham a lot :)
His package before birth is $670 before GST
C sect pricing can be viewed on thomsom website :)
Heard his stitching skills is one of the top
I waited for 3 hours for him (without appointment). Can tell how popular he was
Other gynae I just had to wait 1 hour without appointment

Ya.. Total fees would include
Hospitalization costs - room, delivery rooms etc
Doctors fees - cost of doc's involvement - cheaper for natural birth and more ex for c-sect..
Additional costs - medicine, testings for baby, formula for baby etc..

I was in a 1 bedded in Park Way East
2 yrs back, natural w/o epi.. Total bill was $5kplus if I dun recall wrongly..

Hi Joinblack (or any other ladies in this forum),

It's my first time getting pregnant and I want to arrange a first consultation. I am thinking of Parkway East as it is near where I am staying.

PEH is recommending Dr Ting Hua Sieng. Anyone has any reviews on her?

Also, the charges for her are as follow (all not inclu. of gst):
First consultation: $130
First scan: $150
Subsequent consultation: $75
Subsequent scans: $120-$150

Package: $1200 for 16 weeks onwards, includes monthly consultation and scans till 32 weeks, thereafter 1 consultation+scan every 2 weeks till 36 weeks. Then it would be weekly visit.

Forgot to ask about her delivery charges but based on the above figures, is this a usual rate for PEH / privates or it is on the high side?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Hi Joinblack (or any other ladies in this forum),

It's my first time getting pregnant and I want to arrange a first consultation. I am thinking of Parkway East as it is near where I am staying.

PEH is recommending Dr Ting Hua Sieng. Anyone has any reviews on her?

Also, the charges for her are as follow (all not inclu. of gst):
First consultation: $130
First scan: $150
Subsequent consultation: $75
Subsequent scans: $120-$150

Package: $1200 for 16 weeks onwards, includes monthly consultation and scans till 32 weeks, thereafter 1 consultation+scan every 2 weeks till 36 weeks. Then it would be weekly visit.

Forgot to ask about her delivery charges but based on the above figures, is this a usual rate for PEH / privates or it is on the high side?

Thanks in advance for answering!

I think for scan to be above $100 is very costly
Even Mt A also not so ex
If the same price u can get for a Mt A gynae, I would rather u go for something better

Mine is Thomson.
$670 for package.
11 visits . I'm starting from week 16.
Can start at week 12 also but I choose to start later

And Thomson hospital is very good and service is good too :)

Dr heng tun lang is at PEH and her charges are not that expensive.

I cant really recall how much were the charges for the first visit, but subsequent visits are at $80 for consultation and $80 for scan. Her package starts from week 12 and cost $800 include of consultations, scans and vitamins.

Delivery packages starts from $1800 if I am not mistaken.

I am currently seeing her and am in week 18 now.

Hi, can anyone share their cost who give birth at KKH with me?
my wife currently a PR, I'm a SG citizen.
our gynea is Dr Khoo at KKH.
1st visit went to 24hr O&G to confirm pregancy = cost $170
2nd visit (blood test, ultrasound scan, medication, meet gynea, urnie test) = cost $450
Currently we are paying private rates at KKH using cash.
Very worried about the cost before delivery cos gynea say KKH no packages.

Hi, can anyone share their cost who give birth at KKH with me?
my wife currently a PR, I'm a SG citizen.
our gynea is Dr Khoo at KKH.
1st visit went to 24hr O&G to confirm pregancy = cost $170
2nd visit (blood test, ultrasound scan, medication, meet gynea, urnie test) = cost $450
Currently we are paying private rates at KKH using cash.
Very worried about the cost before delivery cos gynea say KKH no packages.

Go to Thomson
Although kkh seems cheap but my girlfriend who gave birth twice said my thomsom package is way cheaper
$670 for doc Benjamin tham

Hospital package can be viewed online :)
Service and facilities are way better too.

Can go polyclinic and get referral letter to nuh, they have package, and you go in as subsidised patient, visit is cheaper. The scan machine is super clear too. Oscar test and detailed scan is cheaper compared to private clinic... I did mine at sgh 4yr ago, I got a senior gynae for my checkups. If you want to choose gynae for delivery, do so at last minute. So only delivery rates will be ex..

Hi anyone hv review of dr wong heng fok on his delivery fees , stitching ?

I'm seeing him currently. . . Personally I like him alot coz he's v detailed as a gynae unlike my #1 ds gynae who is the chop chop type..

Tia ! ;)

Hi everyone, jus went for my 3rd visit at Wen Lim clinic mount A, was surprise by the package $1000 starts from the 12weeks.. Was reading up to find out more..

image.jpg
Mm thinking want to take up package or change gynae... Any suggestion?

Back