Gynae cost and packages

I do think his charges are very reasonable.

He is very nice, professional and funny....

So far I think I am doing fine, got ups and downs and there are times when I can't help it but cry cos I feel overwhelmed when I don't know why she is screaming. However when she is good, the cherubic look on her face really makes my heart melt....

If you don't have any weird complications (no c sec etc) and assuming u take the normal single room (not the premier single room cos i understand that there is no hospital package for that. everything is charged on a la carte basis) your hospital charges should come up to about 6k or so (not sure if TMC will raise their hospital packages , not sure abt dr tham's delivery charges now after the price review). if u r talking abt including bb's expenses then within 6k for single room may be hard.

Dr tham's package include up to 11 visits from 12 weeks. Did you exceed 11 visits?

I just took up package with Dr Benjamin Tham @ TMC $700 from 12 weeks onwards. Excludes supplements. I think it's quite reasonable and he is rather humorous. His staff are also very polite and nice.

Can anybody share their bill size for single bedded with Dr Tham natural delivery at TMC?
Does dr Benjamin deliver at Mt A?

Hi mummies, in waiting for baby to come and saw in this thread questions on what to pay.. So here my findings..
You will to need to pay the following:
1. Prenatal gynae fees
2. Hospital fees aka your ward/room selection
3. Doctor fees aka your gynae for delivering your baby either natural or csect different prices for diff gynae
4. PD aka your baby doc to check after baby born at hospital
5. Additional fees if you use medication like epi, gas etc
6. Additional fees for baby if needs like photo light therapy if baby has jaundice for example
7. Stuff your choice of hospital may not offer but you ended up using without knowing like misc things, example wet wipes. Heard some hospitals do this kind of charges
Lastly you can offset your final bill with medisave depending on what type of delivery you had.
Hope this helps :)

Does dr Benjamin deliver at Mt A?
Not sure if this information is correct as this is what i saw previously , but i didnt confirm with him. for scheduled c sec he is ok w mt a but for normal deliveries, he does it only at tmc. i didnt ask too cos i was ok with tmc and his clinic is there, makes things v convenient in case of emergency

I do think his charges are very reasonable.

He is very nice, professional and funny....

So far I think I am doing fine, got ups and downs and there are times when I can't help it but cry cos I feel overwhelmed when I don't know why she is screaming. However when she is good, the cherubic look on her face really makes my heart melt....

If you don't have any weird complications (no c sec etc) and assuming u take the normal single room (not the premier single room cos i understand that there is no hospital package for that. everything is charged on a la carte basis) your hospital charges should come up to about 6k or so (not sure if TMC will raise their hospital packages , not sure abt dr tham's delivery charges now after the price review). if u r talking abt including bb's expenses then within 6k for single room may be hard.

I can imagine the challenges for new mummies. Can only say hang in there. Hope you r rec lots of support from your family!

Thanks for the advice. I shall revise my expectations on the hosp bill then. Always heard that child birth is expensive. I finally see the reality of it.

He is a very calm and patient person. Think he's near to 60 already. Got #2 & #3 c-sec with him. $550 starting from week13 I think. Sorry my memory very poor. I like the clinic waiting time. I usually chose early morning 9am+ appt, from rch till leave always less than 1hr, sometimes half an hr. Most importantly is near my place and carpark is cheap and easy.
Hello,may i know where does Dr Phua delivers? His clinic is very near my workplace ;)

Hello mummy gammahedging!

Congrats on your new born! How are you coping now?
I have been for 2 visits and Dr Tham has been very nice.
Yup charged increased for 2015 but it's still reasonable. I hope total bill will not exceed 6k for us.

Yeah im with dr tham too.. Now having my 3rd to be delivered by him.... Sigh, seems like the cost of delivery is sky rocketing... Must start to save more cash...
So far dr tham is one of the best that i've seen...only gynae willing to take a walk-in patient (year2011), n i only waited 30mins to see him.

Yeah im with dr tham too.. Now having my 3rd to be delivered by him.... Sigh, seems like the cost of delivery is sky rocketing... Must start to save more cash...
So far dr tham is one of the best that i've seen...only gynae willing to take a walk-in patient (year2011), n i only waited 30mins to see him.
Hi is it benjamin tham?yestdy i called and asked nurse told me that waiting time is 2hrs!!!:( and i need to book appoinment 3wks earlier...

Yup dr benjamin tham. I never like calling up the nurses, their service very slowwwwwww. If able get appt will be fast and the best option. if not then head down during those non peak timing lor. That time i went was lunch time den they slot me in. But consultation for walk in is more ex...
I know dr tham also replies thru email for enquiries, maybe can email him ur questions before seeing him?
Btw, For early stage pregnancy normally 1st visit he will meet his patient ard 8weeks..

Hi is it benjamin tham?yestdy i called and asked nurse told me that waiting time is 2hrs!!!:( and i need to book appoinment 3wks earlier...
that time I did a walk in cos I was bleeding at wk 6. went there at 12 sth pm . He had to go off for a scheduled c sec at 1 pm , saw him at abt 2 pm when the afternoon clinic started. so ya I waited a bit.

Hi mummies, in waiting for baby to come and saw in this thread questions on what to pay.. So here my findings..
You will to need to pay the following:
1. Prenatal gynae fees
2. Hospital fees aka your ward/room selection
3. Doctor fees aka your gynae for delivering your baby either natural or csect different prices for diff gynae
4. PD aka your baby doc to check after baby born at hospital
5. Additional fees if you use medication like epi, gas etc
6. Additional fees for baby if needs like photo light therapy if baby has jaundice for example
7. Stuff your choice of hospital may not offer but you ended up using without knowing like misc things, example wet wipes. Heard some hospitals do this kind of charges
Lastly you can offset your final bill with medisave depending on what type of delivery you had.
Hope this helps :)

Very comprehensive ... To add on...
Hospital fee....also need to check how they charge the usage of delivery suite. Different hospital would have different approach, some is included up to certain hour within the package, some could be as charged but not in package. Note the time of when the package starts. The difference of charges if the room of your choice is not available when u warded, some may give u free upgrade for example, some may not. A hospital tour would be good to understand and ask the staff questions on all these.
Doctors fee also need to pay for attendance fee which is follow up visit in ward before u discharged.
Anesthetist fee for administering epidural or GA.

Yup dr benjamin tham. I never like calling up the nurses, their service very slowwwwwww. If able get appt will be fast and the best option. if not then head down during those non peak timing lor. That time i went was lunch time den they slot me in. But consultation for walk in is more ex...
I know dr tham also replies thru email for enquiries, maybe can email him ur questions before seeing him?
Btw, For early stage pregnancy normally 1st visit he will meet his patient ard 8weeks..
Halo yeah nurse always said no slot:(
So how u normally have ur appointment booked?
Really?can i have his email add?
Thanks

Anyone knows delivery package for Mt A this year? Total bill after deduct by Cpf?
Everybody's bill will be different depending on room, type of delivery options within normal/csect, what was used medically etc, baby fees,
2015 Mt A package rates are on their website. Did you check that?
https://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/maternity-packages/
So you can estimate from there depending on what you will require.
Medisave deduction also varies for different procedures.
When is ur EDD?

Thanks

I jus check with his nurse, he accepts walk in patients, approx 10per day, on top of his 50 patients daily.

I see a lot of recommendations on gynae and really spoilt for choices. It's my first preg and can I ask what r the questions to ask gynae and how all of you decide that's the right one for u?? Issit just more of where he or she can deliver??

I see a lot of recommendations on gynae and really spoilt for choices. It's my first preg and can I ask what r the questions to ask gynae and how all of you decide that's the right one for u?? Issit just more of where he or she can deliver??
I went to see at least 4 different gynaes to get a feel of them, their clinic, level of expertise, fees involved, are they willing to listen to your views and concerns, equipment, staff and of course reviews from friends, online etc.
You must feel comfortable with this medical professional and then as the appts progress you get more acquainted. Some people don't like their gynae after a few appts and may change. Some even in later stages which is very troublesome for the mother in terms of looking for a gynae who will want to take her in as a patient if the pregnancy is too far along.

Thanks
Haha i didnt bother to call so i walked in and waited 2 hours when i first saw him in nov last year.

It was worth the wait becos subsequently they are very fast once u got yr slot in hehe.
I started my package at week 16 or 20 i cant rmb.

I went to 3 diff gynae and choose. I chose dr benjamin tham bcos i wanted a gynae who is more friendly and sociable bcos i dont really ask questions

Dr tham can tell how i am feeling by just looking at me without me telling.
I still rmb theres once i went in feeling so sick from morning sickness. But im so used to it so it didnt bother me. So he ask me how i am. I said im fine. He said "u look like u are so dead from throwing up 10 times" haha and he gave me those pills which helped. So i chose him

I went to 3 diff gynae and choose. I chose dr benjamin tham bcos i wanted a gynae who is more friendly and sociable bcos i dont really ask questions

Dr tham can tell how i am feeling by just looking at me without me telling.
I still rmb theres once i went in feeling so sick from morning sickness. But im so used to it so it didnt bother me. So he ask me how i am. I said im fine. He said "u look like u are so dead from throwing up 10 times" haha and he gave me those pills which helped. So i chose him
he is rly super funny... and i like talking to him!

as i went into labor in the early evening, i didnt have dinner at all. so when breakfast was served the subsequent morning, i was gorging on it. when he came in to see me i was munching on a muffin after i finished all the food and he was saying along the lines of my appetite is good..and i told him.. eh i didnt have any dinner lor.

Haha i didnt bother to call so i walked in and waited 2 hours when i first saw him in nov last year.

It was worth the wait becos subsequently they are very fast once u got yr slot in hehe.
I started my package at week 16 or 20 i cant rmb.
Ah u brave just walked in:)
Any idea when doctor be able to tell the gender of the baby?thanks

Ah u brave just walked in:)
Any idea when doctor be able to tell the gender of the baby?thanks
at wk 16 it was a guess that it's a girl for me. it was confirmed during my wk 20 detailed scan but i know for boys it can be as early as wk 13/14

Hi.. Currently with Dr Peter Chew at gleneagles and had half the mind to switch to Dr Benjamin Tham as I thought delivering at TMC would be much cheaper (did some online comparison and realized that average bill at gleneagles is 10k, while TMC is at 6k).

After checking Dr Tham rates, it seems like he's charging more than Dr Chew.

Has anyone delivered at gleneagles before and could share their bill after delivery?

Dr Chew charges $1600 including normal delivery, whereas Dr Tham charges $800+ $1500 for normal delivery. Dr Chew's package, however, does not include scan, which costs $40 per session.

Hi.. Currently with Dr Peter Chew at gleneagles and had half the mind to switch to Dr Benjamin Tham as I thought delivering at TMC would be much cheaper (did some online comparison and realized that average bill at gleneagles is 10k, while TMC is at 6k).

Has anyone delivered at gleneagles before and could share their bill after delivery?

Dr Chew charges $1600 including normal delivery, whereas Dr Tham charges $800+ $1500 for normal delivery. Dr Chew's package, however, does not include scan, which costs $40 per session.
hmm 1.6k incl normal delivery? as in antenatal package + delivery charges?

Dr tham package is indeed slightly ex, but i like the way he treat his patient as friends, and his cute jokes. Best is cos can use thumbdrive to store all the scans!!!

Any gynae to recm that will deliver in kkh private suite?

Kkh prof john tee is indeed popular. I also heard about him ..

Reading all the positive comments about Dr Tham reassured me of my choice! Dr Tham agreed to see me when I was having bad vomiting while I was waiting to see him for the first time. I called the clinic requesting for an earlier date but Dr Tham was fully booked. The staff arranged another Doctor to see me. To my surprise, the staff told me Dr Tham will see when I reached. He was rushing off for a scheduled surgery. So grateful!

Reading all the positive comments about Dr Tham reassured me of my choice! Dr Tham agreed to see me when I was having bad vomiting while I was waiting to see him for the first time. I called the clinic requesting for an earlier date but Dr Tham was fully booked. The staff arranged another Doctor to see me. To my surprise, the staff told me Dr Tham will see when I reached. He was rushing off for a scheduled surgery. So grateful!
Yati , his room nurse is v helpful too :)

I did ask nurse they told me that dr tham delivery fee for normal is $1500 onwards.but why did u said its $1500+$800?what $800 is about?

Dr tham package is indeed slightly ex, but i like the way he treat his patient as friends, and his cute jokes. Best is cos can use thumbdrive to store all the scans!!!

Kkh prof john tee is indeed popular. I also heard about him ..
We can save alll the scans photos??need to request from him?or they will tell us?so each visit u will bring your thumdrive?
Any idea does the gynae package includes the details scan?if not how much does it cost for detail scan of dr tham?thanks

We can save alll the scans photos??need to request from him?or they will tell us?so each visit u will bring your thumdrive?
Any idea does the gynae package includes the details scan?if not how much does it cost for detail scan of dr tham?thanks
ya u just go there with ur usb drive, the photos will be uploaded onto ur thumbdrive.dr tham's pkg does not incl the detailed scan. but tmc has a package for oscar + detailed scan, 463 for a singleton, 500 ish for twins. if u have the fbi card u have 10% off. HTH!

ya u just go there with ur usb drive, the photos will be uploaded onto ur thumbdrive.dr tham's pkg does not incl the detailed scan. but tmc has a package for oscar + detailed scan, 463 for a singleton, 500 ish for twins. if u have the fbi card u have 10% off. HTH!

Is there a package? I paid abt $500 for oscar and discount for FBI was only 5%.

Hi all,I m first time here. Anyone know about dr Chen lin Han 's package? Never visit to his clinic yet and recommended by friend.

for mummies who signed up for TMC FBI, can share what else can be discounted? I.e delivery ward etc, do they have any special rates?

am checking as I'm with ACJ women's clinic and they are not covered by the FBI. hence not sure if it's worth to sign up for it.

TIA! :)

Any gynae to recm that will deliver in kkh private suite?

Prof Han How Chuan is very experienced and good too! U can consider, I am seeing him and no regrets so far. Fatherly and a very straight to the point doctor. I am a first time mum, naturally gan jiong and over worried but he always managed to assure and calm me down :)

Meaning each time i would have to bring thumbdrive and after scan i request a copy?
I had done my oscar so will need to sign gynae package n do detail scan only.so wonder for detail scan how much it would cost?the scan will be done by dr himself right?,thanks;)

Back