Gleneagles Baby

Hi jambalaya,

Im with PD Dr Steven Ng. He is good & caring. And the waiting time there is fast but of course his charges are not cheap.

My son sees Dr Steven Ng too. Nice chap who is very thorough and careful. I find the waiting time long though (yes even with appointments). But its worth the wait. Normally we spend 45mins or more in his room. He has gotten a pool of advise to give. To top it off, he looks friendly. My son, does not cry when seeing him (as opposed to another PD who has a stern look. My son always cry if I bring him to the other PD)

Agree, his charges are not cheap. But again, money well spent.

Sounds like I am a walking advert for his clinic??

Hi,
I'm new to this thread. I have some queries here.
(1) Has anyone stayed in GlenE b4 ? IS the environment & service good ?
(2) Anyone heard of Peter Chew ? Heard he's very popular but very ex. Wonder if the $ will be worth spent.
(3) Any other good gynae recommendation ?
(4) Thomson or GlenE ? Which one is better ?

Hi,
To mummies who have delivered in Glen E, do you faced a lot of salesman trying to sell u baby stuff, like first footprints, etc during your stay? I wld like a peaceful, stressfree enviornment to rest post delivery, hope the hospital "protects" the new mummies well.
Can anyone share?

Hi Millie,
I'm with Dr Peter Chew. He's good and I feel safe in his hands. Quite old lah, but very experienced. Price..hmm...on the higher side i wld think.

Hi T&P,
Thanks for your info. So hv u juz given birth ?Is GlenE environment good cos i'm not sure it's old or still being maintained in good condition ?
Is Dr Peter Chew a patient & detailed doc ? Ya i heard it's on the ex side , but i'm wondering if the pregnancy is a smooth one, with no complications, is it worth the $ to go to an ex doc ?
Sorry for asking so many questions.

Hi Millie,

My gal is born @GlenE this year January. The environment is nice and quiet. The nurses are very nice, helpful and friendly.From monday to Friday, they do have classes for mummies to attend. Example: How to bath your new born baby, Brast feeding, etc... I have a wonderful experience with GlenE, will choose them again for my next baby.

My gynae is Dr Tham Kok Fun. He is a very patient and experience Gynae.

Hi Millie,
I have been with Dr Chew for a decade, and all the females in my family plus some extended relatives also go to him. When I do a comparison b.w my visits pre and during pregnancy, I feel he's extra nice and patient to MTB. He'll also keep telling ur HB to be nicer to u, and give u more TLC which I really appreciate cos pregnancy hormones drove me quite mad in my 1st trimester and I didn't think i cld communicate with my hb. It helped that Dr Chew took the effort to explain to my hb that I am not deliberately making him suffer. But he's well known to have a temper..u can see his nurses are all quite terrified of him..haha..he usually only show his nurses his infamous temper lah, to patients, he's nice, unless u dun follow his instructions and he gets pissed off with u. He's attitude is more like "u pay so much to see me, u better listen to me" so if u like a doc who follows ur wishes, then maybe u will like to shop around. That said, he's very experienced in taking care of mtbs, esp those with difficult/complicated pregnancies.

And no..i have not delivered yet but stayed in Glen E before for other procedures, service is good. but i dunno abt the maternal ward.

Hi Zig/T&P,
I'm now more assured by your comments and would certainly consider GlenE should i conceive successfully...
happy.gif

Hi,

I am a Nov07 mummy to be... Anyone gave birth in gleneagles via Normal delivery without epidural? What is your bill size? Can share?

hi mummies, i'll be delivering in glens by chris chong this early march.. any bill breakdowns to share?
2-bedder.. natural w/o epi / natural assisted

Hi, everyone, find this thread. I am seeing Dr Ang Hui Yan in Glen now, EDD JUN 28. Look to learn a lot from all of u

Wow!
So many Dr Chris Chong patient here!
I am one of them but i am wondering which hospital shld i go to for delivery. I am indecisive between Glen and Mt Alvernia

Claudia, the nurse told me Glen better, as she can come and visit me when i deliver lo.. bt i wonder whether is that impt or not lo

I tink Glen's bill will be higher rite? Any one can advice?

hey catherine
my gynea also mary yang. i deliver in feb 07. this reminds me to go for a check up soon cos am planning no2

hi,
anyone who's gynae is Dr LC Foong?How is his stitiches?I understand he is fertility spec.But is he good at prenatal follow-up,C-section?

I'm 4wk preggie now n is deciding which gynae shld I go for..I am oso considering Dr Chan Kong Hon.

pls give me ur comments

hi fion,

long time no see! how have u been?

hi avocado,

i delivered in May 2007 by Dr Chan Kong Hon. He is very very good. His stitching skills is pretty popular too. I am now his patient again too as I will be delivering again in Nov 08! Although he is quite expensive, I have decided to go back to him as he is really good...Quality loh... he is very good in his scanning skills.

hi avocado
congrats to ur preggy.

lovedogs
wow so fast u have no2? ur 1st turnung 1 yr old rite? tiring now for u? u wking or SAHM? me planning no 2, dun kw if will strike or not cos me targeting at CNY bb. my bb line in reno and usually rest foor 1 wk over CNY period. but the tot of having preg all over aagin.. hmmm.. can be tirng lor

oh of course if i preggy again will go bk glene. wanted tmc but my hb say cant be biase. wiat no1 from glene and no2 from tmc.... haha

fion,

yes 1st one just turned 1 year old last week. had a party celebration for her. 2nd time preggie not much time to take care of myself loh..i am a FTWM so very busy for me. I got no maid too... everyday after work pick up my gal and rush home to shower her, feed her and let her sleep... weekends also neverending, have to cook her meals etc... hence, no time to even bother to take care of myself... me too, definitely will go back to Gleneagles
happy.gif
Wish you all the best
happy.gif

avocado,

consultation fees range from $100 to $120 I believe. then scan is also $100 to $120. Basically, my 1st appt at week 7 we paid $357 due to the fact i was down with flu so he gave me flu med, then DHA etc... 2nd visit at wk 12 was $299... coz DHA is $55. So consultation and scan shd be around $240. His package starts from week16 onwards. For waiting time, it depends...we waited 2 hours before..there were times where we were 10 mins late and Dr Chan was waiting for us!!! coz we were the last patient before he heads off to surgery etc... hence... really depends... avg i will say abt 1 hr.. I nvr visited during weekends...always weekdays afternoon. His scanning skills is really good... his package includes the 3D & 4D scan. He can tell u the position of your placenta even when u r 6 to 7 weeks while many of my frens kept asking me how come so early can tell? hence... no regrets coz he sees everything very clearly from the regular scans...

Lovedogs,
wah,his charges is comparable to my gynae.But my gynae is using normal scan machine.How frequent did u see him during 1st trimester?

Do u hv the choice not to tak their vitamins?

hi avocado, 1st trimester will be every 4 weeks...

i take folic acid from them. now taking the multivit from them too....

i think folic acid u can buy outside if u want.

lovedogs, you see Dr KH Chan too!!! He's really good hor? He's very proud of his stitching and scanning skills. I had not much pain after my c-section by him.
happy.gif

giggler,

yah loh...he is very proud of his own skills :p i had natural birth during my 1st pregnancy...i was out and abt the next day. no pain at all liao...
happy.gif

Hi MTBs and Mums,

I am due to deliver on 29 Dec this year which is very soon. I am seeing Dr Tan Hang Yang from GlenE. He is a very experienced, caring and responsible gynae. I have got 4 sisters and 2 of the elder sisters and my mum and some lady relatives visit him. Because of his experience and confidence, I feel that I am in safe hands and I do highly recommend him if you are looking for someone reliable and experienced.

Wishing all smooth delivery and happy babies!

hi all

appreciate if you have any comments for Dr Tan Han Yang. I heard he is experienced but seldom heard any comments, seems like he is not very popular.

pls do share if you have any experience

hi,
i did my d&c in gleneagles and we don't like their services. my hubby told the nurse i was very scared before the d&c, the nurse just walked away. then i bled a lot after my d&c. asked the nurse whether it's normal very nicely. she told me if i'm not happy, can ask my gynae why so much blood and left the room. she even told me before i can leave, my hubby must remember to settle the bills at the cashier downstairs. when i was leaving, she asked us again whether we paid the bill already. last by not least, the hospital bill is crazy. my d&c is S$4k. was told it will be max S$1.5k + S$1k for gynae's charges before my d&c.

my first baby delivered in nov 08, by tan hang yang. my sis-in law recommended to me. and surprisingly came to realise that quite a number of ppl knows abt him and their babies also delivered by him. Good comments. A serious person, no rubbish, only talk abt facts. suit me. but sometimes will joke la.. ha. my first child, so i super gan cheong, small thing i will call him at clinic, he will patiently explain to me or ask me go clinic for checking at no extra charge. He's careful and take no chance to let anything go wrong. A responsible gynae.

Hi all..

Im contemplating between whether to choose Dr Mary Yang or Dr Ang, both from Gleneagles.. Can anyone please advice??

Hi..i'm due in sept 2009. My gynae is Dr Gordon Lim frm gleneagles.Any mummies is by him too??

BTW anyone has e price for 1 bedder for weekday stay for c-section.?

Hi All:

I'm new here....

Can anyone advise Dr Tan Han Yang's breakdown Bill sizes for C-section before & after Medisave claim?

Hi Priscilla, Jacelyn, Winky:

Could your advise your breakdown Bill sizes for Normal/ C-section.... before & after Medisave claim?

Thanks & best regards...

excuse me??!!!! anyone heard bryest?????
any comments? bryest, you should write to their customer service and can even make it to newspapers on this. The person ought to be fired and banned from the medical practices FOREVER!

he/she wrote:
hi,
i did my d&c in gleneagles and we don't like their services. my hubby told the nurse i was very scared before the d&c, the nurse just walked away. then i bled a lot after my d&c. asked the nurse whether it's normal very nicely. she told me if i'm not happy, can ask my gynae why so much blood and left the room. she even told me before i can leave, my hubby must remember to settle the bills at the cashier downstairs. when i was leaving, she asked us again whether we paid the bill already. last by not least, the hospital bill is crazy. my d&c is S$4k. was told it will be max S$1.5k + S$1k for gynae's charges before my d&c.

Hi,
I give birth to my #1 with Dr Tan Hang Yang. Able to handle emergencies from what I feel and also quite confident. Feel quite safe in his hands...Visit me everyday and help me put on the binder.

However I dun like Glen e nurses service. While I stayed there, I call for the nurse to help me up..they seem like so busy to be bothered. There is a nurse in the night shift that I dislike alot coz she is rude and doesn't look very willing to help. She sulk at my requests, scold me for latching the wrong way.. I think she is a long time nurse over there. Dun really like their attitude..

when i gif birth to my 1st one, nurses there were rude n experience e same as cottonball. but when my 2nd one came out on aug tis yr, i found out tat their attitude change to better. Mayb i requested for new wing at 6th floor. e environment is much better den 2yrs back.food is good too.

im nt sure hw ex. coz i heard frm my fren who recommend mi to Dr gordon lim tat he charge quite high but his stitches is well done compare to others.But overall i find him gd esp i compare my stitches to other gynae frm other hospital, mine was much more nicer.
As for cost, I do nt have e copy wif mi. will update next week. For ur info mine was c-section

My gynae is Dr Ang Huai Yan from Int'l Women's Clinic...I have no problems with her, she had been supportve of my pregnancy journey (I insisted on playing golf) & was firm as my Dr when required.

During my delivery in GlenE recently, the midwives in the labour ward (Nurse Choo & Nurse Evelyn) were both very on-the-ball. Nurse Choo kept close watch during my 13 hrs labour & prep me before Dr Ang arrived with pointers on how to push.

My stay at GlenE was also very pleasant on the 6th floor maternity wards. Nurses are friendly & very eager to help me start on the breastfeeding.

Actually my hubby & I were surprised ourselves cos I've had much feedback on poor service & attitude of nurses. But my Dr's supervision & the hospital's care helped me recover quickly & forget about the pain of labour.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I delivered my bb thru c sect in Oct 2009. My gynae is Mr LC Foong and he's a nice and merticulous gynae. Most importantly I'm comfortable with him. So far my first birth was quite good tho it was a c sect. Not much pain after delivery.

dr tan hang yang from gleneagle is a good & experience gynae. my first delivery was good. i delivered on dec 09. had a pleasant stay in gleneagle too.

Back