FREE Help - Primary School English Composition

Hi Everyone,

A really exciting week!
Lots of interaction with parents over email (and I am not even teaching!).

There's a new composition published early this morning! : )
icon_snooze.gif

Do have a look!

I still have a queue, so gotta go!

If you like my work, do check back often & tell your friends & family about it. Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter / updates (small tab on the left of my website).
I don't SPAM.

http://icanwritetoo-sg.weebly.com/

Busy Busy,
SGmamadreams
icon_lol.gif

Hello everyone,

As I am busy with another educational project, I will not be able to accept compositions for review or update my website.

Do check back on my website or this thread for the latest updates.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to my newsletters / updates to receive the latest news!

Thank you for your support & patience!

Cheers!
SGmamadreams

Hello!

I Can Write Too! will be accepting compositions for feedback and review from 21st to 24th May 2014.

Feel free to submit your child's work and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Do take note of the following:
1) Please type out your child's work.
2) However, if your child is in P1 or P2, I'd prefer an image of his/her writing.
3) Do include the question or image of the question.
4) Ensure that the images are clear as I cannot work on images which are too small and blurry : ) (poor eyesight???)
5) Do allow me some time to work on your child's writing : )

In the meantime, I'm gathering suggestions for topics to write about. I Can Write Too! is not just about publishing composition feedback. It is also a repository of reading materials for your child to refer to. So if your child finds a certain topic particularly difficult to write about, do drop me a note & I'll try to work on it!

Cheers,
icon_biggrin.gif

SGmamadreams

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update today.

Firstly, I am so delighted that the school break is finally here! I'd love to spend more time with the family & supervise their work too!

You might want to plan out how your child will be spending the much anticiapted break so that they use the free time meaningfully.
However, do remember that they are children too & do allow them time to PLAY!

In the meantime, I will be:

1) Working on 2 compositions received earlier
2) Working on new content for the website
3) Accepting compositions for feedback later next week (start writing!)

Do check back often too!!!

Thank you for supporting my efforts and have a great time this school break!
icon_lol.gif

Cheers,
SGmamadreams

Hello Everyone,

I've just posted a composition written by a Primary 4 pupil.
Do have a look at it.
http://icanwritetoo-sg.weebly.com/

I do hope the feedback and comments can be useful to you too!

I'll be accepting compositions again end of next week. Do keep a look out for my updates. Also feel free to drop me an email if you have any feedback or ideas. I'm planning new content and I'd love to have some inputs!

Thank you for your interest & support for my work.
Can't wait to hear from you! ;)

Cheers,
SGmamadreams

Hello Everyone,

Sorry about not updating my website lately. I've been unwell for the past few months and just had surgery yesterday.

That's my hand. Still swollen.
myhand.jpg
Just another small hurdle to jump over.
I am recovering and will be back soon.
So do check back on my website!

Cheers,
SGmamadreams

Hi abbba & miracle_bebe,

Thank you so much for your well wishes! Yep, I've recovered from the op but there are some 'problems'.
I'll be updating some info in a while.

Thank you for being here with me. I really appreciate it! ;)

Cheers!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for being here with me while I recover.
Looking back, wow...my hand was really swollen! I took the photo while still in a daze thinking of using it to 'scare' the kids.
Now, it serves as a reminder that I must be more conscious of my health & not get myself back into that kind of situation again. OUCH.

I've recovered well from my surgery, unfortunately, the prognosis from it was not eye candy.
At the moment, I am getting used to the side effects of some medication I have been put on.
I get tired very easily now and that is something truly alien to me. I am quite a hyperactive person. I don't take naps or sleep early.
Now, I doze off easily at the dining table every morning, afternoon and evening and that really gets on my nerves.

Updates for I Can Write Too!
Firstly, I really love this website. It is one of my pride and joy so I will put in all the time, effort & energy I have to keep it maintained.

Secondly, due to the meddlesome side effects of my medication, I am unable to accept compositions for feedback for the moment.
However, I still want very much to add content to my website, so I will be working on the content a bit at a time.
Being occupied should help me overcome this (yawning:confused:) problem,

Thirdly, I am considering a makeover for my website. Just considering first. I like change and this project can help me focus my attention to what is more meaningful in life than the (yawning:confused:) trials and tribulations.

I hope that you can still continue to check back on my work. I will definitely have something up in the next week or so.

Cheers to our health,;)
SGmamadreams

Health is wealth, so do take care and stay healthy SGmamadreams! :)

Not sure if you can outsource some parts of it, maybe some interesting content like reference composition for selected topics?
Or some help from some trusted people you know?

Anyway, continue the good work, and stay healthy always! :)

Hi abbba,

Outsource? Wow! No budget! Outsourcing is for people who have cash...:(

I am not sure what you mean by 'interesting content like reference composition for selected topics'. Can you elaborate on that? I welcome any suggestions to improve my website. I might try to coax my former colleagues to contribute their ideas but I really doubt they will be interested. Full-time teacher are too busy for these! ;)

Having said that, still a big thank you for your suggestion. I am touched by your concern. Really.
I will try to take care of my health but the latest tests results aren't looking good. :(

Ah well...Life still goes on.

Cheers!

Hi abbba,

Outsource? Wow! No budget! Outsourcing is for people who have cash...:(

I am not sure what you mean by 'interesting content like reference composition for selected topics'. Can you elaborate on that? I welcome any suggestions to improve my website. I might try to coax my former colleagues to contribute their ideas but I really doubt they will be interested. Full-time teacher are too busy for these! ;)

Having said that, still a big thank you for your suggestion. I am touched by your concern. Really.
I will try to take care of my health but the latest tests results aren't looking good. :(

Ah well...Life still goes on.

Cheers!

Actually, in the online business world, your "employees and workers" are the outsource and freelance people.
You got to leverage on this important resource in order to move up to the next level.
This is the way for the business to scale and grow.

You'll probably understand better as you grow your business.

Some 'interesting content like reference composition' can be from the various schools composition topics or stories.
This can come from students who have written well thought out composition and articles which can be used as reference for that particular topic.
There can be different variations of it. It is all up to you how you intend to structure or put it. :)

Anyway anyone can help you or support you in your great effort?
I believe if you ask, maybe you can get some help?

do take care, and get well soon. Hopefully, it is nothing too serious.
All the best!

Hi abbba,

I really like your suggestion. However, I think inviting schools to submit their students work to me for compilations seems unrealistic now.

Firstly, I am an OWO (one-woman-operation) so I do not have the ability to manage a large number of entries.

Secondly, I do not work for a publishing firm. I don't think HOD-EL will simply submit their children's work to an indie 'blogger / web-writer'.
Even if I have all the best intentions.;)

Finally, I've been maintaining 'I Can Write Too!" myself since December 2012, so it'll be 2 years this coming December.
I don't see it being outsourced or managed by ghost-writers because 'I Can Write Too!' is personal. I want to use it as a platform to share my interest in writing and my knowledge as a teacher who has taught children of various abilities.

I'll definitely explore the possibilities because it's a great idea. ' I Can Write Too!' is a small educational project now. Who know?
Maybe one day it'll grow to be a repository for all references resources for composition writing for the students in Singapore and beyond!

Mmm...basking in the dream. I think it's a great target to work towards!

Thank you abbba!;) (Ideas bubbling in my head)

Hello Everyone,

Can't believe it's the 3rd school holidays of the year! Time really flies when you are busy or happy right?
Do remember to spend time with your children, and it's not just about supervising school work!

As promised, I've updated the activity in 'Kicking Up the Notch'.
Do have a look. I'm certain it will be useful to your children some way or another.

One important note is never to overdo it. It's great if your child's composition has vivid description about the sights, sound, smell, feel, (taste), but do not overload a composition with just all these description and forget to develop the main content!!!

If you do have any feedback, please email me using the contact form on http://icanwritetoo-sg.weebly.com/
That's the easiest way to reach me!

Cheers,
SGmamadreams

A quick note: Saw the doctor last week and he has changed my medication. This one doesn't make me so drowsy. That's great news right? With my energy level slowly coming back, I might be able to more work!

Hi abbba,

I really like your suggestion. However, I think inviting schools to submit their students work to me for compilations seems unrealistic now.

Firstly, I am an OWO (one-woman-operation) so I do not have the ability to manage a large number of entries.

Secondly, I do not work for a publishing firm. I don't think HOD-EL will simply submit their children's work to an indie 'blogger / web-writer'.
Even if I have all the best intentions.;)

Finally, I've been maintaining 'I Can Write Too!" myself since December 2012, so it'll be 2 years this coming December.
I don't see it being outsourced or managed by ghost-writers because 'I Can Write Too!' is personal. I want to use it as a platform to share my interest in writing and my knowledge as a teacher who has taught children of various abilities.

I'll definitely explore the possibilities because it's a great idea. ' I Can Write Too!' is a small educational project now. Who know?
Maybe one day it'll grow to be a repository for all references resources for composition writing for the students in Singapore and beyond!

Mmm...basking in the dream. I think it's a great target to work towards!

Thank you abbba!;) (Ideas bubbling in my head)

Actually, the suggestion is not about asking schools to submit or give their students work, rather it is more about family, friends and people you know, or being referred to, that you can ask for their child's work or friend's work that they are willing to share or use as reference. So it is more permission based and given willingly.

Of course, if schools or other sources are willing to share their work, that will be most welcome, right?

As for the business aspect, it is very much up to you.

As you have said, OWO can't handle or do all the work, so it is very much a case of growing it, by first finding the right and trusted people to assist or work on other aspects of the business, be it freelance, part time, or project basis.

As the business grows, and more and more work needs to be done, the right systems and processes need to be in place, and even more people is needed to do the additional work, and work on the system.

That will then allow you to manage or oversee it from a higher level, and gives you the luxury to be on holiday, and be away from the business, but it can still function as per normal.

By then, all the great ideas can be research, developed or further looked into, as your time is spent more on bringing it to the next level, while having the right processes, systems and people working on the operations, and other aspect on it.

Actually, the suggestion is not about asking schools to submit or give their students work, rather it is more about family, friends and people you know, or being referred to, that you can ask for their child's work or friend's work that they are willing to share or use as reference. So it is more permission based and given willingly.

Of course, if schools or other sources are willing to share their work, that will be most welcome, right?

As for the business aspect, it is very much up to you.

As you have said, OWO can't handle or do all the work, so it is very much a case of growing it, by first finding the right and trusted people to assist or work on other aspects of the business, be it freelance, part time, or project basis.

As the business grows, and more and more work needs to be done, the right systems and processes need to be in place, and even more people is needed to do the additional work, and work on the system.

That will then allow you to manage or oversee it from a higher level, and gives you the luxury to be on holiday, and be away from the business, but it can still function as per normal.

By then, all the great ideas can be research, developed or further looked into, as your time is spent more on bringing it to the next level, while having the right processes, systems and people working on the operations, and other aspect on it.

Oh Gosh! I am so sorry Abbba!
I was so caught up with events at home that I did not notice your reply! :(

Thank you for your suggestions!
I really like the ideas but will need to schedule my time to look into them!

Thank you again!

Happy to come across this blog. I had been trying hard to find methods to encourage my child to write. Recently, I brought the book Editor In Chief from Amazon as I saw the review is good. However, the book may not be to every child liking. I am now selling off this brand new book at https://carousell.co/p/13063853/

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested to know more about this book in general.

http://www.criticalthinking.com/editor-in-chief-beginning-1.html

Back