Dr Tan Kian Sing from TCM

yenyen,

Ya, you can take my method to drink the medicine after lunch. Don't tell those kaypoh people so much thing. Else, will give stress to yourself if they keep asking how come no news. I only released my pregnant news to my colleagues and boss after 3 months confirmation. Haha..my boss said she thought I don't plan for any kids as I don't even mention this before.

athena,

I always go clinic there after work, around 7pm. I saw there always got 1 old aunt in counter...haha, then I heard some of patients called her "Mrs Tan", so I believed she is Dr Tan's wife...haha

Ping, ya..I already told my close colleagues that I will let you all noe once 3 mths have been passed...watever things u see or hearsay..dun ask me if Im preggy until I break the news to you..but they r still kpo lo or should I say very sensitive to the words I said..

Ya sometimes I oso see a lady sitting there and ppl will call her Mrs Tan.. I oso assume she's Dr Tan's wife.. kekeke...

Hi ladies,

it's been some time since this thread moves..
So Ping: u are preggy nw? Hw long have u been trying then strike? n hw long u saw Dr Tan?

Both u and DH got any problems??

hi mummies.. can anyone advise if Dr tan's contact no still valid? i tried to call since last week.. but it's always engaged? TQ

Hi Hope, Dr Tan is on holiday and will only return on 23rd or 24th Nov... U can try start calling them on these 2 days ba...

xin,

Yup, I'm pregnant with 6 months now. My hubby and I been tried for about 7 months, then we decide go and see TCM to "tiao" our body. Maybe I'm lucky, I managed to strike after seeing Dr Tan 3 cycles (3 months). (You can view my previous post on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 8:43 pm for more details)

Hey gals, what other medicine will Dr Tan give you when you've finished the part 2? Coz I have already finished part 2 since on monday le..and Dr Tan will only be back next week... Do you gals go back to see Dr Tan after finishing part 2? or before that?

athena, that time I'm so blur.. I missed out the part 1 (=> forgot to include 1/3 packet) then Mrs Tan laughed at me for being so bluuurr... so should be ok ba...

hi yen, thanks ... so u mean u r in 2 weeks wait ? coz mrs tan say once menses come, have to stop taking the powder ... so if your menses is not here, then u stand a good chance ? thk can go down and buy the medicine ...

Hi athena,

Yup, I finished part 2 ATY even I already tested for pregnancy.

After that, I still went and see Dr Tan and tell him this good news. He got help me "ba mai" and check my BBT chart. Then, he told me what to avoid to do/eat and gave me some medicine again. By the time when I finished them, it's the same time I have appt with my gynae for first scan of my baby heartbeat. Aftre that, I didn't go back to Dr Tan again as I start taking medicine from my gynae and I don't want mix chinese and western medicine together.

Hi Yen,

You can do the pregnancy test in this weekend, hope it's good news!!

hi ping,
thks for the advice ... hopefully i get to do my pregnancy kit test this weekend too
happy.gif
so like to chk with u, so u give u the medicine is the same ATY that he gave in part 2 of the powder ?

HI ladies
I am new to this thread. Just had a failed IVF cycle and read about Dr Tan.
I hv ectopic preg b4 and right tube is blocked. Heard fr Gynae that both tubes not so healthy too
Anyone heard that Dr Tan can help in this area too?
Thought of trying him naturally to tune body or make things better before embarking on my FET. Read alot sisters been with him for few cycles and strike, anyone with tubes problem?

Hopefully can strike naturally too if I seek his help!

hi earthling,

i strike with dr tan only with 2 cycles and had previous ectopic on my right as well... but my right tube was saved...

Give yrself a try with Dr Tan, i am sure he can help.

Do bring yr medical report to show Dr Tan.

May i know how much does mr tan charge for the 1st time consultation fee? I havent pregnant yet. Trying to conceive for about one year, still no news.

I am not sure whether i success in this round. still waiting for my period to come. Late for one week. But my stomach feel cramp.. got feeling my period is coming soon. May i know will your stomach feel cramp if you strike pregnant?

Sorry for so many questions..

HI Sharky,
Thanks for your encouragement. It is good news for me that there is someone who has tubal problem and still strike under him. Mine also right tube and still intact too. Just that gynae said if I try naturally also can be ectopic, given the "health" of my tubes.

That is veri fast, you striked only 2cycles under him! Congrats!

May I know what medications/treatments he given you? How about hubby? Any idea how much you spent?

Am trying to call the clinic for days but no answer.

<font color="0000ff">doramee,
Perhaps you should do a pregnancy test.
Cramping may also occur during early pregnancy but if that's the case, you should see a gynae to rule out ectopic pregnancy.

earthling,
Try to call the clinic at 1pm later as Dr Tan should return today (he was on holidays).</font>

hi earthling,

I spent S$220-260 per cycle for 2-3 times acupuncture + pre "0" medication &amp; aftr "O" ATY....

my hubby went for SA test and also 2 times acupuncture (1 time b4 SA &amp; 1 time after SA).

hi all, like to recommend this lady from http://tiny-shop.blogspot.com/ very prompt and nice lady. coz i didn't realise have to wait so many days to receive the clearblue ovulation test kits, then i paid and order from her. i ask if she can refund, she refund me immediately. She has immediate stock for those ovulation test strips. Thumbs up for her service !

Hi Sharky, may i know how long for one cycle? when is the best time to visit Dr Tan?

may i know Dr Tan fierce? i plan to visit him..

hi doramee, dr tan is a very nice guy, soft spoken ... but u have to be prepared to wait. even though i have fixed appt, but also end up waiting at least 45 mins to 1hr to my turn. and i find there is lack of privacy in the clinic, coz it's too small... but no choice lah

hmmm,better call and make appt lah, if not don't know wait till what time ... they close on wed and sun , nowadays at night heard their last appt is at 930pm. u try to go after your menses clear up, so that he can prepare u for ovulation

eh today wed
happy.gif
they are close . if not u try to call tomorrow morning, normally they can squeeze people in the afternoon

i went to see him last month for the first time, then he went for holiday ... so this time i see him 2 days in a row before my ovulation. normally, he will do acunpture and give some medicine. read from earlier post, say better to visit him 2-3times before ovulation.

doramee, me still trying, hopefully dr tan does wonder
happy.gif
oh u managed to call in the morning and book for your appt later ?

Is Dr Tan good in treating ladies with High FSH? I am tempted to go and see him in hope to improve egg quality...when is the best time to visit him? Right after menses? Based on my OPK results I get a positive every month but after trying near to a year still no good news...so i suspect could be due to problem with eggs even though seems to ovulate (based on day 21 blood test results).

<font color="0000ff">galsparkle6,
You can schedule an appointment after your menses has cleared. It'll be better to ask your husband along as the problem may lie with him too.</font>

athena, i walked in yesterday. Luckily not much patients.. Dr Tan is nice. He did acupuncture for me and asked my hub to go for sperm test.

Dr tan gave me a bottle of "black water", few tablets and 19 packets of powder.. asked me to finish it before "O". i feel shock when he asked me to finish the 19 packets of powder dilute with water in one time.. hehe..

hi doramee, good for u ... yeah, my first time i also got a shocked when he gave me so many packets of powder to finish... this is an tai yao, according to him, he say this will help the baby to stay if successfully conceive for that month, though it doesn't taste good but no choice, coz i ask if there is pills to replace. haha ... ok let's jia you together
happy.gif

i visited dr tan on Mon, he checked my stomach and gave me powders again.. he said i may "O" tomorrow. Asked me to take those powders after "O". Those powders are for "an tai".. i am curious.. how do we know we strike this time?? how come so fast give us "an tai" powders??

Then yesterday i tested my urine, shown negative le.. haven't "O" yet.. My cycle is around 26-27 days and last menses on 25 Nov.. how come so late haven't "O"?? i am worried..

hi doramee, same case for me. he told me the an tai yao is for the "bao zhu" the baby in case we strike, then will get thru smoothly. he say many pple don't believe him, since we seeing him and taking his medicine, guess juz trust him lor
happy.gif
for my case this month, i only saw the 2 bars on day 14 or 15 .... not fixed one, thk you try the test again, sometimes also depend on the sensitivity of the test kit ... that's my opinion only, maybe those who already pregnant can give more opinions ?

hi ladies! I'm so happy i finally managed to get an appointment with dr tan next monday. I called like a million times last month and no one answered. I thought he closed shop. Thank God he didn't!

Sharky_siak --> you spent $200+ for 2-3 cycles + meds + yr hubby's SA and acu?

Also girls, I've been buying my ovulation and preg test strips from this supplier, if u're interested. Cheap and reliable.

http://www.babydusts.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

doramee,

Like what athena said, the 2nd part of medicine Dr Tan gave to you is for antai what if you really strike. You have to take it until your AF come. If you have finish part 2, and AF still not come, then you might have high chance to strike.

Diff people got diff O period. Besides O test kit, you can monitor your O period based on BBT chart. Usually, when you are in O, your temperature will keep hitting to highest.

For me, a bit kiasu, I test it using O strip bought from Dr Tan during my O period (based on my estimation). If my temperature hit high that day, I will use ClearBlue test kit to test it coz it's more sensitive/accurate. Clearblue test kit quite accurate eventhough it's expensive than other test strip.

thanks ping.

btw, may i know what is AF stand for?

my temp very funny this few days leh.. 11/12-36.3 10/12-36.5 9/12-35.9 8/12-36.1 will the temp being affected if you are sleeping in an air-cond room or non-air-cond room??

Hi doramee,

AF = Aunt Flow (Menses).

If you sleep in an air-cond room every night, think your temp wouldn't be affected. As long as you take your temp at same time every morning.

Hi Ladies, I have some "An Tai Yao" bought from Dr Tan &amp; would like to sell off since I already pregnant. Anybody keen to takeover? Price is negotiable since I'm not taking anymore. PM me if interested.

Back