DR SF LOH OF KKH

Hi Kate - Eh? I thought you just adjust the dosage accordingly on the Puregon pen? So strange... All the best for your follicle tracking! Hope it's grown nice and big
happy.gif

Hi Leith,

So you know how long do we need to be under puregon? I was on Puregon on my day 2 of menses till now day 10? I'm so frustrated now!!!
I just came back from clinic & I got to jap puregon 75IU and come back again tomm to check on the follicle.

Hi Kate,

It will depend on the size of ur folicle,if still small they will increase ur puregon dosage.
Its quite strange ah,how come ur clinic dont have the puregon pen?its more convenient to use.

Kate - thx for e info. hw was ur follicle tracking today? U nd to go agn 2moro? Niway, gd luck!

BTW, is the Puregon pen similar to e ones diabetic patients use to inject insulin? cos im really phobia of jabbing myself. :S
How soon will the follicle scaning done after we inject the puregon? So if the size is still small, we hv to keep injecting more puregon dosage until it is to e correct size? Meaning, need to take many half day leaves?
sad.gif
How do they actually do e follicle scanning?

Hi Leith - read that u did ur SO-IUI last thursday 31/03. So what do u hv to do nw from there on?

hihi,

I'm new here. Just went for my appt last Tue and Dr Loh say i got pcos. He gave me folic acid, metformin & clomids. Now waiting form my menses to come so i that i can go back for blood test.

Really keeping my fingers crossed that this will not be a hard path for me cos i've ttc for 4 yrs plus.

Hi Kate - Vivi is right. You'd just have to keep injecting Puregon until the follicle reach the correct size. Anyway, dosage of 50/75IU is really quite little and it just helps the follicle to grow a little everyday (about 2mm per day). Also, the oral meds that you take (Clomid/Letrazole) are also hormone pills so they also help follicles to grow.

Hi Niz - Yes, it's very troublesome to track follicle size cos you have to go back almost every alternate day to check. If you are at KKH, best thing to do is to go very early (8am) so you can get scanning done first. After that, still must wait for doc to review (doc only come in at 8.30am). By 9am, you should be out of there. If your company allow, better to ask for time-off. If not, your leave will be depleted very soon! Have you done a pap smear before? A follicle scan is similar. They put in this probe thing (like a mini camera) to see your follicle size. The sonographer will then measure your follicles on a screen to see if it has reached the right size. FYI, anything above 16mm is a good size.

For me, after SO-IUI, I just have to sit through the 2-week-wait. KKH already gave me a form to go back for blood test on 15 Apr IF my period doesn't come to test for pregnancy. If period comes, then no need to go back for test. I don't feel anything so I am not holding much hope for this round of SO-IUI....

Hi Ling Ling - How did Dr Loh diagnose you with PCOS? Did he do a scan for you?

Hi Niz,

I have 1 big & many small follicles right now. The biggest follicle is at 14MM now. I have to go appt again later at 1pm today.
The follicle tracking will be done from ultrasound (insert via vagina)

Leith - wah u really inspired me wif all e details & e way u sounded u r a really strong person & that it seems that you r not e least sad or anything..unlike me. sigh. I am wif KKH too, actually i hv been contemplating to go ahead or not for this SO-IUI since last yr. Always have e thinking that a miracle will comes naturally every mth but then agn, there comes e menses. Eh, who knows u hit e jackpot this time round?
happy.gif

Ling Ling - Jus know that u r nt alone & i bet u r younger than i am, same goes to Leith, Kate & Vivi too. Me too ttc since sept 2006 & age is really catching up wif me coz im 35 liao, haiyo so sad! seems so old bt yet still no bb.

Hi Ladies,

Checks on my eggs at 1pm today.. I have 2 big follicles & both on the left side
- 16MM today & lining 7.9MM. Took 100IU - PUREGON at the clinic.
Gynae said that we might need to schedule for SO IUI on Saturday.
Thanks Niz!! Best of luck to yOu!!
happy.gif

Hi Niz - Just so you know, I'm just one year younger than you and will turn 35 later this year so time is also running out for me! I've already gone through 4 IUI (this current one is the 5th) and still no news so I think I'm quite pragmatic already. I am hopeful but do not have unrealistic expectations. My point is, if it failed the past 4 times, what makes me think the 5th time will work? I guess it's about managing expectations. With each failed IUI, the pain gets lesser. Have you considered IVF?

Hi Kate - Sounds awesome! Great that you have 2 eggs. Hope all goes well for you. All the best
happy.gif

Husband and I just went for IVF Financial counselling at KKH today. Signed a lot of forms and basically scheduled for IVF the next time my period comes (which should be about 2 weeks time, assuming the SO-IUI fails). I didn't realise that the whole process takes about 6 weeks. Wow. Can't wait to start!

Oh and for those considering IVF with Dr Loh at KKH, note that we will only get to see him during 2 important stages: Egg retrieval and embryo transfer.

Hi Ladies,

Check on my eggs at 1pm yesterday. I have 2 big follicles & both on the left side
- 16MM & lining 7.9MM. Took 100IU - PUREGON at the clinic.
Gynae said that we might need to schedule for SO IUI on Saturday.
Thanks Niz!!! Best of luck!!
happy.gif

Hi Leith,

So you are gg for IVF after this?
Can you recommend me best gynae for IVF?
I might consider gg for IVF if my SO IUI fail this time round.
I will be doing my SO IUI this saturday morning.

Can you advise the cost for IVF at KKH. Thanks!

Hi Leith,

I when for follicle tracking today at 1pm (07 Apr 2011). I left with only 1 egg coz the other one collapsed. My 1 nice egg was 19.4MM & womb lining is 8.6MM.
Everything looks good but only 1 follicle after all the injections for 12 days?? Im very dissapointed. Gg for HCG jap tomm to prepare for SO IUI on Saturday afternoon...sooo scared!! its very painful!!

Hi Kate - I was in the same situation. Also had daily jabs and actually had 3 follicles. In the end, there was only one dominant follicle. The other 2 stopped growing. Sigh. It's pretty discouraging eh? But hey, at least you still have one good one! Remember to get them to jab your butt for Pregnyl and breathe out. It's less painful this way. It will only hurt for a bit when they push the med in. HANG IN THERE!!

Yes, am waiting for period to come and will call KKH to start IVF. No time to lose. I'm with Dr Loh SF which is the title of this forum
happy.gif

Hi Leith.. i had failed my 2nd soiui... had called KKH and the nxt earliest available slot is in aug.. had email Dr K
Loh sf oso he say will check slot for me

Great day everyone. My sis-in-law who gt married june 2010 got pregnant in july 2010. her due is coming sunday, 10th april.she hd been having contractions since juz nw 5am & nw in hospital.juz gt to know that her cervix is opened at 2cm as of 10am juz nw. happy for her but sigh for me. When will i eva go thru dat stage..
sad.gif

Kate - ur current SO-IUI that u r gng thru,is not ur 1st?? Niway, a very good luck for tomorrow. Be strong, ok.

Leith - who knows ur miracle comes on 15 Apr.? im waiting for ur gd news. btw, im born in 1976 had my bday on new year,ur bday comin later this yr..so dat makes both of us 35 but im still few mths older than u & still no baby.

Hi Kate,i just had my pregnyl last night.will be doing my so iui this sat am too..Maybe we get to meet there..

Leith remember i told you,keep positive thinking.Good things will come to us
happy.gif

Niz,im same like you.my sis in law who married a year after me is now preggy with her 2nd child.so envy...
Ladies our turn will come soon,just hang on and keep positive minds
happy.gif
Jia You gals!!

Leith for Pregnyl its effective within 36hrs or after 36 hrs?im confused cause the nurse told me that after injecting pregnyl it will take effect.but my injection was on 7/4 8pm but the SO IUI on 9/4?will this exceed the 36hrs?
Hows urs is it the same?

wow!!..so kate & vivi will be doin e so iui on e same day tomorrow, yipie!!..im so excited for both of u!

vivi - yup..seems that those close to us get pregnant soooooo ezily. so damn jelous. your words are so encouraging. niway, lucky i got to know u gals nw! im nt as sad as before
happy.gif
I AM SO GOING FOR MY SO IUI IN MAY!

Hi Viv,

I will be doing SO IUI tomm @ 12 noon at Paragon Medical Suites with Dr Kelly Loi. Got to send hubby sperms to Mount E at 9am.

You will be doing it at KKH right?

I'm so excited got same cycle buddy!!

Hi Niz,

Yes, just go for it!! If we can do it you can do it tOO!!
happy.gif
btw I tried 1 natural IUI with clomid & 1 SO IUI with Puregon Jap.

Hi Leith,

Yup, Dr Loh do a scan for me and Dr Loh diagnose me with PCOS. And another point is that i'm overweight and i had my menses twice last mth. But i was told to go back for blood test on the 2nd day of my menses & on the 27th day. But currently i'm on folic acid, metformin & clomid.

Niz, yup i'm so great to found this thread as i know there will be peoples to support one another. And let's us all jiayou. And i'm also not very young liao i'm 29 this yr.

Hi Niz,Leith

I got married last year 10 January 2010. I got pregnant in March 2010 but was m/c at 8 weeks.
Untill now its hard for me to get pregnant again dont know why btw im 28yrs old...everything happened for a reason...
sad.gif

Hi Ling Ling,

Nice to have you here!
happy.gif

I got married last year 10 January 2010 den got pregnant in March 2010 but was m/c at 8 weeks.
Untill now its hard for me to get pregnant again.
Haizzzz...things happened for a reason. Lets continue & keep trying that day will come one day!!
happy.gif

Hi Kate...opps thought ur at KK.anyway Best of LUCK kate..mine is at KK under Dr Loh.ai yoh gal..u r so young dont worry la...ur bb will come its just matter of time.Im much older than u
sad.gif

I got pregnant in 2007 and m/c at 7 weeks too.bb no heartbeat.no reasons.nothing was given.(was at thomson medical,no explanation frm doctor only ask me to remove it asap)horrible gynae!!!sad la...till now i still cry when i rem my bb edd.counting how old he/she will be...but what to do......

Its good to find all of you gals here..lets give each other support and all of us will be mummy one day
happy.gif

Hi Niz,

Dont be sad,u r not alone.We are all in the same boat.GO for your IUI,stay relax and calm through out.Baby only come when you are happy
happy.gif

Ya true envy all the young mothers outhere...im older than you Niz but never give up..Always believe we will have our own babies one day
happy.gif

Hi vivi,

How was ur SO IUI? I just came back home.
Husband sperms was good!! 60million & mortality 52%.
Schedule appt with Dr 17 days later.
Dr prescribe anti-biotic & pregnancy support pills.
Dr advised to have intercourse tonight & tomm.
My egg was not there anymore which means it has fertilized.

Your doctor so good,mine never tell me hows my husband sperm test result like.Good Luck Kate,hope to hear your good news
happy.gif

Leith:did they told you about it?

Hi Vivi!

It's ok. Dont worry.. you have me as ur cycle buddy. Just stay positive & lets go thru this 2WW together!
happy.gif

I hope to hear good news from both of us!

Hi Kate - wow..things look good for you, yeah..im so jeloz..so u will get e result be end april, rite?

Hi Vivi - Guess for u, no news on e sperm test result means good news.
happy.gif
so you hv to wait for 17 days too??

Hi Leith - How are u getting on? feel any different? did ur period come? u nd to go for e blood test this friday rite?

Hi Niz,

But i dont feel anything much this time round.
Still 50-50...haizzz...

Yes, me & Vivi is in our 2WW. Hope meself & Vivi will have good news by end of the month
happy.gif

Hi ladies! Sorry for the silence. Was away for a short holiday and just returned.

Guess what? My period arrived and it was really early! I did not expect it until later this week but it came yesterday. On Mon, I had a bit of spotting which got me excited, thinking it was implantation bleeding. Oh well.

The good news is, we are moving on to IVF. Have called KKH today and they told me to head down to collect the medication.

Hi Kate - I called KKIVF line directly and told them that I would like to start on IVF. They asked me if I had a doc in mind and I said Dr Loh. They then gave me an appointment date. No need referral letter.

You know, at least you guys got pregnant before (even though m/c). Nothing has ever happened for me so it gets very discouraging...

Hi vivi - No, KKH doesn't tell us the results of the sperm but I guess we can ask if we want to find out. I didn't bother because based on previous times, the sperm was always good quality post-washing.

Hi everyone, chanced upon this page.. I am going to see Dr Loh for the 1st time coming thurs.. haizz bcos of my once 60days AF... can I any1 advise me what to expect on for 1st appt?

Hi has anyone done laparoscopy with Dr Loh? Need some advice on the costing and the chances of conceiving after his procedure. Pls help!

Hi Leith,

I tot of doing IVF if my SO IUI fail this time round. When they schedule u for IVF session?

Is it a long wait? I tot of calling in now ...what do you think?

Hi Kate - Yes, you should ring now as the IVF queue takes a few months. I think I rang in Feb and my slot was in June!

Hi sillygal - Expect a long wait so bring a book or a fully-charged HP along
happy.gif

Hi Leith,

I've make appt to see Dr SF Loh for consultation on 26 April Tues @ 3.40pm.
Is it necessary for us to go for consultation 1st or straight to IVF process?

Hi Leith,

Do we need to go for consultation with DR SF LOH or we can just proceed to IVF?

I'm in my SO IUI 2WW now..I postponed the appt to 04 May 2011.

Hi Kate - You have to go and see the doc first. If you have seen previous gynaes and done tests, bring all the forms along and show them to Dr Loh.

Dear all, jux finished seeing dr loh for the first time. Diagnosed with PCOS but somehow I m not surprised. May b after so many readings, I kinda of expected this diagnosis. Somehow Dr Loh have successfully made the whole diagnosis feel "normal" and bearable for me.. Gg to take clomids and other med soon.. Haizz 

Back