DR SF LOH OF KKH

Hi Leith,

my previous gynae also never tell me that.When my 1st trial failed,she recommended me to try for 2nd time but we dont want cause we feel private gynae is out to earn your money,we decide to go kk.

I will be going for my SO IUI briefing and blood test soon..How about u?have you decide SO IUI or IVF?
i wonder why didnt Dr Loh ask you to go for Ivf straight?Is he confident in SO IUI?
He also tell me to try SO-IUI....hmmmmm

Hi Xmasnowy,

strange why 2nd attempt no need clomic?whats purpeon for?

where u did ur 1st SO-IUI?

Hi vivi... I'm with dr Loh frm kkh. Seen him for tests etc and is unexplained infertility. So he told me to try soiui two time 1st.. If fail then proceed to ivf. Did my 1st soiui in dec with clomid n purgeon 50iu but fail. But I had gd lining n 3 matured follicles
happy.gif
Then this mth started on my 2nd soiui with purgeon 75iu. I oso not sure y no need clomid..

Hi Vivi,
I have decided to go for IVF in May, but now till then, will try naturally. Hopefully cn strike! ;)

Same as Leith, i have done all the necessary test and are normal. Have done SO-IUI once at Thomson.

Hi Leith,
Wish you all the best! Hope you can strike before May. If not, we can be partners for ivf.

HI vivi - Yes, I also get the feeling about private gynaes. They have rent to pay! I've already done the blood test and had the briefing already. I just need to ring them on Day 1 of period. I am booked for IVF in May but Dr Loh recommended I do one round of SO-IUI first.

Clomid is used if you don't ovulate regularly. It brings on ovulation (I think). Puregon is to grow the follicle and docs will adjust the dosage accordingly after they scan you to see if it's of the right size. If it's too big, they adjust dosage lower. Works vice versa.

Hi xmasnowy - For my past IUI tries, I've ALWAYS had good size eggs, good quality mucus, etc etc but still fail. SIGH.

Hi Agnes - I guess your SO-IUI at Thomson failed? Any reason why you switched to KKH instead of continuing? Thanks for your well-wishes. I wish you all the best too! If all else fails, yes, we can be IVF mates
happy.gif

Hi!
Hi ladies...

I'm new to this forum.
I'm seeing doc Kelly Loi @ Paragon 18/F.
Just did my IUI on 12 Feb 2011 but failed.
I took 1 mth off & will start with SO IUI in April 2011.
Anyone tried SO IUI before? what is the success rate like? btw i'm 27 husband 32 married for 1yr 2mths.

Hi Xmasnowy,Leith and Agnes,

Im just back from SO IUI briefing from KK.So sad le,i didnt know SO IUI also got injection...die loh im very very scared of injections one...
sad.gif

Previously i did IUI no need injection..but failed
im told the next IVF queue is in june but e nurse told me the quota nearly full,maybe july liao..

Leith,we both at same stage now,on day 1 of my mens im suppose to call them also...Leith...i wish the day will never cone...Means its good news for us..GOOD LUCK GALS
happy.gif

To be honest, I find the injections the easiest! To me, the most difficult part is the bloating and the emotional ups and downs that comes with the injections (hormones). Really, the injections are not that scary. I do it myself easily. It might be a bit scary the first time but you'd get used to it. Besides, the needle point is very fine
happy.gif
The more painful injection is the one that injected into the butt/thigh when the follicle is big enough, i.e. to let it 'burst' out to be ready for IUI. I can't remember the name of that injection but that is waaaaay more painful (to me).

All the best vivi. If your period doesn't come, then you may not need to do the injections after all! Hang in there!

I am pregnant thru IVF KK under Dr Loh, personally, the injections do give you lots of emotional upheavals but you must maintain a positive attitude and you can tide thru
happy.gif

Hi Leith, Vivi & all,

Yes, my SU-IUI failed. But i didnt have any injections or monitor the egg size. the gynae didnt tell me anything. ;(

I have been trying since 2007 till now, tried TCM too but still no news. Thus seen forum and came to know that SF Loh has magic hands. most importantly manage to convince hubby to go see him and he recommended we try ivf.

All the best to all of you currently doing SO-IUI! ;)

Leith,you very brave...i cant imagine injecting myself
sad.gif
but all of us has to keep positive thinking okay!!!!

Agnes,the previous one u did is IUI is it?cause i did IUI before no injection only medicine and scaning...SO-IUI has injection and medicine.me too been trying for long then came across Dr Loh Magic hand too..
happy.gif
All the best
happy.gif

I have actually tried IUIx3 (no injections, etc) and SO-IUIx1. All 4x failed despite the best circumstances. To be honest, I don't have much hope for this upcoming round of SO-IUI but I'd just go along since hubby wants to try one round before procedding to IVF.

Hi natureautumn - Congrats! You are spot on - the emotional bits were the hardest to handle for me. I found myself to be an emotional wreck when having those jabs.

Hi Agnes - For your last IUI, you did not scan for the size of the follicles before IUI? How did your gynae know when is the right time to do IUI then?

Hi vivi - It's really not that bad. If you feel too nervous, get your hubby to inject you? But to be honest, I'd rather trust my own hands. Tee hee hee.

Hi vivi.. The purgeon is quite one..I oso scare of jab but it's really ok.. Just a pinch only.. The needle is veri fine n the whole procedure damn fast..I get my hubby to jab for me..
happy.gif

Tmr morning I will be going kkh to scan for the lining n follicle le

Hi Vivi & Leith,

I am also puzzled lei. she just asked me to test ovulation kit. once O, then call them and hubby go collect his sperms and select the better ones and she inject into me. thats it.

Read alot in forums, hope things are not as bad. ;) actually im also scared of injecting myself. So hubby will do the job unless he fly. ;)

Hi Agnes - I guess this saves cost? For me, I had to go back to the gynae every other day for a scan to check on the size of the follicle. Each visit costs me more than $100 on consultation alone. Very expensive! I like that at KKH, the SO-IUI is a package price so it doesn't matter how many scans you do, it's a one-time cost. Phew.

Hi Leith,
I am also not not sure. ;)
oic. then it is very expensive. keep me updated on your progress. I am anxious and excitied for you. ;)

Hi xmasnowy - How did your scan at KKH go? All ok?

Hi Agnes - Nothing's happening for now because I'm just waiting for my period to come. Once that happens, I'd then call KKH to go collect the injections, etc in prep for SO-IUI.

So far, it seems like no one knows the 'success rate' for SO-IUI under Dr Loh. Hmm....

Hi leith.. Yesterday went scan.. Lining gd.. But only one follicle 15mm the other still 11.5mm so doc increased my jab to 100iu. Tested opk neg this morning so going to jab another 100iu then fri test opk again n go back kk scan.

Hi xmasnowy,
oic. stay positive. ;)maybe still early to test.

Hi Leith,
okok. fingers cross.... not sure of the SO-IUI under Dr Loh, but you should be in good hands. As he is expert for IVF, which is a higher level. So SO-IUI for him should be easy. ;)

Got a question that's been bugging me. I'm supposed to ring KKH on day 1 of my period so that I can go collect the jabs, etc on Day 2. I understand that they are not open on Sundays, right? What is my period comes on Saturday or Sunday?

Btw, has anyone here tried TCM? Am looking for a good TCM sinseh to treat infertility. Tried EYS at Paragon but gave up after a couple of visits. Sinseh didn't quite tell me what was wrong and just kept telling me to be patient?!

hi all,
i m new here and chance upon this thread thru google search... I just completed my IVF at KKH (1st cycle) i.e. I did my egg transfer last Thurs.... now awaiting for confirmation on pregnancy. Praying hard .... My Dr is also SF Loh....

Any qns on IVF? can ask me....

Anyway, I hv found a rather painless way to go thru the daily needling... just use ice pack to numb the area to inject for like 20-30secs and then do injections. It is painless.

I even use ice pack prior my last injection at KKH at my thigh to prepare for egg retrievel... my thigh feels nothing except slight aching during injection ... n it turns greenish after tt... so I can imagine it must be rather painful w/o ice pack ...

There's how I go thru 35 injections happily
happy.gif

Hi leith if menses come on weekend jus call kk n tell them it's ur day 1.. Most pro mon will need to go collect med.. Coz mine came on a sat n collected jab on mon.. Start to jab frm D3

Hi im new here, my 2nd attempt for iui failed. So sad and discouraging
sad.gif
Discussed with my hubby yesterday, we have decided to consult Dr SF Loh for ivf.

Hi Leith,

I was told that it is ok. Just call on sat or Mon. As for the TCM, i also tried 2 before, but no success. There is this TCM at AMK that the other IVF forum is talking about. Seems like almost everyone in forum goes there. She seems very good abot infertility issues.

I will go and try next wk.

Hi Holicksmilo,
Pray hard for you! Hope will hear your good news soon! Great to know someone who has gone through the whole process. I heard that for IVF, we do not always see Dr Loh. Can you explain the process and also any food to take? read from another forum that need to take alot of egg white.

Thanks for the replies ladies. My period was supposed to come on 13 March and I've got some spotting (sorry for TMI) but so far, still nothing. I'm quite sure I'm not preg though and I just wish the period would just come so that I can call KKH!! Must be the first time in a long time that I'm hoping for my period to come. Haha.....

Hi horlicksmilo (my 2 favourite drinkS!) - We'd keep our fingers crossed for you! Did you get MC? How many days? Let's hope you get a nice positive!!!

Hi Agnes! Yes, my menses did come afterall. Called KKIVF to fix a date to go collect the oral meds and jabs which I already did. Took about 1 hour (considered fast, I guess!). Already started my oral meds (Letrazole) and Puregon jabs. Will go back on Fri for first scan. What about you - what have you been up to?

Hi Leith,
Good to hear that you are good and started on the journey. I am anxiously waiting... lol
I am suppose to go to KK for the blood test on day 2 of my menses. but this month, my menses playing hide and seek. late for 3 days, then yesterday got brown discharge. thought today will have full flow. but still brown charge and not much. Not sure, what is wrong. Will wait and see tomorrow. ;(

Leith..hows ur scan..im coming to join u..
Agnes seems like our menses really sabo us..mine was late for 11 days,thought me pregnant,did the test but negative
sad.gif
....erghhh.
now menses day 1.need to register to kk liao
sad.gif

My first scan was good. Have 6 follicles - 3 large, 3 small. Need to go back on Sat AM again to check on size.

Btw, I just realised why no one talks about Dr Loh and IUI. This is because the IUI procedure is not done by him! I just found this out at KKH when I was there for a scan. The procedure will be done by 'one of the doctors' at KKIVF.

hah?really??so everytime when u went for scan is not done by him???sigh....im here cause i heard of his "Golden Hands"..

so good you got 6
happy.gif
Good Luck Leith
happy.gif

I will be starting my injections tomolo......im so scared!!!

Nope, since the first time I consulted Dr Loh, all the rest of my visits were done by the nurses. Did SO-IUI this morning so my 2ww has begun. Not holding much hope though!

Hi Vivi - Don't be scared! I assume you are injecting Puregon for SO-IUI? Are you on Clomid or Letrazole (oral meds)? If you are going for scans, here's a tip: Go really early, about 8am. You'd then be the first to scan and first to see doc when doc arrives at 8.30am
happy.gif

Leith hows your SO IUI?pain?done by other doctor?Think positive girl...good things will come to us
happy.gif

Yup puregon yest,i used ice pack and my sis did the injection for me,i dont trust hubby.im scared he very kan jiong he will break the needle ....My medicine is Letrazole.is there any different?

but the nurse schedule me for scan next mon at 10.30am leh?
ai yah..u mean we dont get to see dr loh during these period
sad.gif

SO-IUI process was ok. It was a bit like a reproduction farm where 4 women go into a room and lie down on separate beds, separated by curtains. Doc will come in and then put in the sperm one by one. After about 10 mins, you can go. That's it! Yes, done by a doc that didn't wear a name tag but he signed the MC form so I found out that his name is Wang Junjie.

Yes, you'd have lots of scans coming up because they need to track the size of your follicle. The Puregon jabs are used to grow it, along with Letrazole (oral med which I also took for first 5 days).

No, you won't get to see Dr Loh at all. I did him walking about when I was waiting though!

hi, I'm also with Dr Loh fr KK. If you opt for IUI or SO-IUI at KK, then it wouldn't be done by Dr Loh himself. It'll be done by whichever doctor is on duty.

For IVF, Dr Loh will do the egg retrieval/ transfer himself provided he's not on leave/ away at some conference etc.

Hi had sone my 2nd soiui at KK and went back yesterday for my blood test.. came back neg.. but menses still not here yet... not sure is it because of the progesterone tat i'm taking...
sad.gif

had booked the nxt availabe slot for ivf which is in aug...

xmassnowy:wait few for more days to do your test....hah??ivf queue till august liao?

Leith:you mean after 10 mins they ask us to leave?i thought we r suppose to lie for 2 hrs.
for private they make me rest for 2 hrs and not allow to go toilet during that 2 hrs.

Hi vivi.. Bbt had start to dip but i still went ahead n test still neg...
Had email dr Loh for advice n say will help me check ivf availability... And ya the q till aug le...

Actually i not too keen on ivf.. Costly n heard need to take jabs for at least 2 mths... Haiz...

Vivi - From my understanding, one does not actually need to rest for very long after IUI procedure. Of course, just make sure you're not bouncing around after that! At my private gynae, they made me lie down for about half hour after the procedure. You had to lie for TWO HOURS?! Oh wow. That's really long! The reason why we don't need to lie down for so long is because the sperm has already crossed the cervix into the uterus so it won't "fall" out.

Have a read here for more info: http://www.ivf1.com/iui-intrauterine-insemination/

Hi everyone. Im new here. Can anyone tell me how one goes thru e SO-IUI procedure? Heard thats jabs req. Is e jab using e normal syringe or e pen type syringe? Im nt sure if i can bring myself to do my own jab.

Hi Niz,

I'm currently doing SO IUI with Dr Kelly Loi @ Paragon Medical Suites. I started on my 2nd day of menses till day 8.
1st injection on Puregon 75IU for 5 days next 3 days on 50IU.
Puregon pen is not painful at all but for 50IU i need to use syringe feel a lil ant bite.

I will be gg for another follow-up appt tomm for follicle tracking. Schedule for SO IUI on Wednesday or Thursday.

Hi Niz - Yes, you'd need to do the jabs yourself or get your husband to do it. The needle is very very fine so it doesn't hurt. I guess the difficulty is getting past the idea of jabbing a sharp object into yourself!

Hi Kate - Did you not use the Puregon pen when you did the 50IU? For me, it was Puregon pen throughout. All the best for your SO-IUI!

Hi Leith,

The clinic don't have 50IU for Puregon pen. So I got to use syringe.. abit painful..
sad.gif
(
Will be gg to the clinic again tomm morning for follicle tracking. Will keep all updated! Wish me luck!!
happy.gif
)

Back