DR SF LOH OF KKH

Hi Leith - U really sound so excited to embark to IVF treatment & it makes me feel so left out in this race. Feel like a tortoise too..Must hv my SO-IUI asap & join the race..By the way, for this SO-IUI treatment, what will be the total cost & cash needed?

Hmmm. I don't think excited is the word. I don't like sitting around for things to happen so I like to get things going!

Hi Leith,

Yes, I'm just like you. I'll never give up. Keep on trying..like what ppl say..if you never try u will nvr noe....
happy.gif

Guess there is no such thing as waiting for a miracle then..so hw much will the SO-IUI treatment cost me? need to be financially prepared.

Hi Leith, ya through the scan. He even printed the pic of the scan for me.. But when I told my HB & him that I ve been reading up on the Internet, they all shown expression of disapproval. I jux feel lonelier after being diagnosed.

Hi Kate - Yes, that's our attitude too. At the end of the day, even if nothing happens, no one can accuse us of not trying
happy.gif

Hi Niz - It is best that you call KKH (or wherever you are doing the procedure) for a better idea of the cost. Also, you can do a quick google to find out the costs. I am bad with numbers so I don't remember. There's the cost of the procedure (about $500) and the cost of the injections.

Hi sillygal - You know, this sounds silly but I've never done a scan with Dr Loh. That's because I did a lot of scans with the previous private gynae and she didn't say anything about PCOS. Seems like all is in order. After not getting pregnant after many rounds of IUI/SO-IUI, I'm starting to wonder if I have PCOS. Hmmm. Also, why does HB and Dr show you expression of disapproval? What's wrong with reading up stuff on the internet? You'd have to remember that LOADS of ladies suffer from PCOS without knowing about it and you're definitely not alone.

Hi Leith, both of them jus gave the expression "y read so much n scare yourself with the unknown".. seriously hor, if I have not been reading I wun noe abt Dr Loh... I dun like to wait/try for many years den finally go to find a doctor.. Being an impatient person, I really pray hard that I dun need to wait long.. hahaha... surprisingly my hubby is eager to do SA... good luck for every1!

Huh? But isn't knowledge power? That's a little strange, no? Of course, one mustn't believe everything the web says but I always feel that we need to know instead of just listening to the doctor because not all doctors are right!

Hi ViVi,

How are u? How are u doing? My breast is super sore right now & I felt tightness at my lower abdominal area.
Do u have any of this symptoms? I hope u doing well!! We got 1 more week to go!! BFP BFP!! Lets stay positives!!
happy.gif

Hi All,

I already make appt with DR SF Loh on 04 May 2011 for IVF. If this cycyle of SO IUI is negative I will just proceed with IVF.

Hi Leith,Hows appointment with IVF like?i heard we need to inject ourself for 4-5weeks.you went for the consultation?when is ur turn?

Hi All,

My SO IUI failed!
sad.gif

I have arranged appt with DR SF LOH at KK - IVF this coming Saturday at 9.20am.

Hi Vivi,

How's ur status? got good news?
happy.gif

Hi Kate...

mine also failed..actually i quiet expect it cause on that day the young doctor at kk who do the SO IUI for me is not familiar on how to do it.
He keep asking the nurse is it right?is this the way?I was like my GOD..im paying S$1K plus with all the emotional stress during this period and KK give me an inexperienced young doctor..

and when i left the room,the nurse asked me,so you want to book for your next SO IUI if this failed????
Gosh...whats this attitude?Is that the right question to ask your patients?i was very pissed on that day..but x my fingers dont want to comment...

Sad la kate,every month is a hope but the hope is always shattered..
A friend of mine who just did her IVF with Dr Loh also failed.She is the second friend that i have who failed IVF at KK..

I really dont know what i should do next and which doctor is best..If i were to go through IVF will i be able to take it if it fails..
I really dont know..

Hi Vivi,

Huh?? seriously??? I'm gg to see him this coming saturday. So afterall he's not so expert in this area?

I'm also dont know what to do now. haizzz....

Hi Kate & Vivi, did the doc analyse due to what problem that unable to conceive? btw, how many attempt did you all have tried?

Hi Kate,

im not saying he is not expert.but at KK he is the best and he is famous for his magic hands but they are cases under him also fail (my friend),so we cant guarantee sure tiok one loh..

when you see him,im sure he will ask you to go through all the test from the start..thats the hassel when you change doctor.

Hi Nina,

Me and hubby check already no problem..so we really dont know what went wrong..sigh..

Kate,

Papsmear no need to do..but blood test all this they will ask you do.Go and see Dr Loh first and hear what he says..Expect long waiting hours..he is v popular..

Hi All,

Need some advise from you gals. Dr Loh ask me to go for blood test on my 2nd day of menses. But does anyone know if we can go for blood test on the 1st day instead? Try calling Dr Loh but nobody answered call..haiz

Hi Ling Ling, if blood test do on 1st day, result is not accurate and waste ur time and money. must be either on 2nd or 3rd day (if 2nd day is on Sunday then go on Monday - 3rd day). you can try calling KK IVF hotline or clinic D number. hopes this help.

Hi Lemon,

Thanks for your advise. Yup, i've manged to call the clinic and the nurse advise that i go on the 2nd day.

Anyone go for HSG test before? When is it likely going to be which dayof the AF cycle? KK just ask me to call on day 1 of AR to fix an apptm?

BTW, what is the procedure like? Painful?

Hi all,
I m new here as well I try to find out more on ivf as my gynae recommended me to do ivf n still puzzle whether to go for it...

Hi ylgoh,

Today i just went for my Day 24 blood test. Now waiting for my mense to come so that i can do my Day 2 blood test before i go see Dr Loh.

Was abit shock when the nurse told me the payment for today was $108 for blood test. Didn't expect it to be so expensive.

Anyone know what was the costs for the Day 2 blood test?

Hmm, What's the day 24 blood test for? I went for the day 2 blood test too.

Also went for Hsg that usually occurs around day 10 to day 12. Not painful for me. It's a breeze in general . No pain no cramps. Just some discomfort when they put in the dye n u feel some discomfort when the dye is inside moving. It last just like 10 min or so and after that I get off the bed and rest for a while like 15min to 30 min before the nurse say I can go. Cost abt $140. I asked hows my result... The Hsg doc says it's normal. dr Lou says chances increases of conceive increases a lot after the Hsg as it will flushes everything... Hope so for me!

Hi Tanny,

I'm being told to do blood test on Day 2 and day 24. But cos i missed my day 2 blood test so i'm waiting for my menses.

Dr Loh didn't ask me do HSG test. Anyway, i'm waiting for my next appt.

See SF Loh yesterday, he has request IVF for me in Sep, would like to know if under IVF, can the person works or needs to go on medical leave?

Hi Lilian,

i also went thru IVF with Dr. Loh. i start my procedure with him last year- Dec'10. U will have to do injection think for a month ( if i didnt rem. wrongly.)
think u'll be given 19 days of medical leave from the day of the extraction, then 2nd day, transferring of embryos will be done, then u'll be asked to rest well during this period of time.
this period of time, u have to rest well, avoid doing chores, carrying heavy things. then ard 19 days later, u'll asked to go back to take your blood test, that when u know if u're pregnant anot.
Hope these information is useful to u. Good luck!!!
happy.gif

Hi Eleanor,

I only see him 1 time that is my 1st appt with him. Therefore, i also can't give much comments or feedback about him. But 1 thing for sure is that, the waiting time is horrible lol..

How about you? So far how you feel abt him?

Hi Ling2x,

Indeed, waiting time really is a torture. i can wait for 2 hrs, but get to see him only 5 mins.

Have you start your IV program with him??

Hi, first timer here... =) I had quite a bit of experiences with Dr Loh so just thought I will drop a message here...

I was with Dr SF Loh for 8 months and my DH and I both regretted wasting our time with him. No offense but this was really frustrating for us. We only got to see him once every 2-3 months, wait for avg of 2-3 hrs per appt, saw him abt 3-5 mins per appt and then that's it. He rushed through appts, seemed very callous about the whole situation and did not offer a lot of alternatives/advice. Maybe it's more KKH's issue than the doctor's. Their system seemed so unorganized. It was horrendous. I didn't get my HSG results until 3 months later (even though I was calling and chasing for it), and all I got was a verbal "everything seems ok" from doc. No report, nothing. As for query and issues, I tried emailing, calling etc etc but no reply from doc. Doc went on leave and they just pushed my appt as and when they wanted. And worse of all, I had to go into 24 hours clinic TWICE coz I was bleeding way too much and there is no internal comms to send this information over to clinic D. So SF Loh didn't know. I told him afterwards and he just went "oh i see" and that's it. On my worst day in KKH, i was taking 27 pills per day. It's crazy. Coz no one was really monitoring my case from all angles. Anyway after I changed doctor, she actually told me I should have gone off some of the pills I was taking much earlier. Truth is I had to quit my job coz of the side effects of the meds. I did mention this to Dr Loh before but he said it was normal. Anyhow, DH was so infuriated at the end we just gave up on him. Actually after typing all these, I can't believe it took us 8 mths to decide to change. LOL.. What a journey...

Anyway things are moving along much faster for me after I left KKH. I'm going to do SO-IUI this cycle and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Have been trying for more than 2 years now. Sorry for babbling on for so long. Guess I got carried away. Anyway my person opnion is unless you are serious about diving into IVF and knows exactly what you are getting into, I wouldn't exactly recommend the doc. Well, this is just my 2 cents... Babydust to everyone who is TTCing!

just thought i'll share my experience with Dr SF Loh too.

saw him after we couldn't conceive for a long time. He took scans and said will clear a blocked fallopian tube. thought he was v reassuring.. a bit ah beng, but we like him a lot.
happy.gif

prognosis from literature i read was that it will still be difficult to conceive after my surgery to clear tubes, but he was reassuring. told us to try and not give up.. IVF last measure.

thankfully we didn't have to go IVF route coz we conceived soon after surgery. saw him as obgyn thru'out pregnancy.. yup he is a busy man..waiting time is long coz he has many patients. known as ivf kinf in KKH. but we appreciated his care a lot.

just to share experience with him.

Hi pon pon, thanks for sharing with us.=) Will Dr Soh offer suggestions or just rush thr his patients' appointments which I read thr the comment posted by jonquil31?

I was under SF 's care when I had my son. He is a nice and what doctors themselves call the "gynae to the gynaes".

SF is not the sort of doctor that will banter and joke from the start. If u want entertainment, u should watch tv.

SF is a doctor u know u can trust for serious issues, complicated procedures with years of expertise. We were recommended SF by a doctor friend who saw him. (I know a few dcotors who were under him before.) And her mum was a v senior nurse who assisted him before in an op. Both say he is one of the BEST gynaes they know.

SF sees his patients v fast not because he is callous. He is a careful and attentive doc. He does things fast because he is efficient and experienced. He is a quiet man who will warm up after a few months and will joke a bit by then. But starting he is more quiet lol.

I don't think u can or should blame a doc if IVF doesn't succeed. It is akin to blaming a school teacher if ur kid fail his exams. It is an individual thing whether the IVF goes through or not BUT having an experienced pair of hands caring for u does help.

I highly recommend SF. Yes he is popular, yes sometimes if he have to go deliver a baby can kenah wait for quite long for him at the clinic but he is a doctor even doctors themselves will trust their lives and their baby's lives with.

Hi Geri,
I PMed you last week, but not too sure if you received it.
My qn was if you can share with me your delivery experience with SF. I'm intending to go with him all the way. How's his stitching?
happy.gif

Thanks a lot.

Hi

Just to share some experiences that I had with Dr Loh.
I was with him for 2 yrs and went through 5 cycles before I conceive my 1st one in 2008. I too understand that he is really a busy man and his waiting time is really terrible. But I felt that it was worth it coz he really pin points on the problem and tries his best to rectify it. I also almost gave up when I had OHSS during one of my cycles but he told me to persevere. I eventually went for the 5th round and he gave me the " magic portion" to enhance my implantation of the embryo. And it worked for me. After a yr, I went bk to him for another cycle and with he prescribed the same medication for me and it was a success too.

I'm still seeing him for my regular check ups and I hv no regrets as having him as my doctor, although the waiting time is terrible.

So pls dun give up and persevere. Will have you all in my prayers.

Back