Do you let your P1 kids go for tuition before staring P1?

kenny

Dear all,

My innocent princess is going into primary 1 next year. I am very worry that she might not be able to keep up during her primary school life. I wish to let my kids have a memorable childhood but seen like I have to end it soon.

I had looked through some books for P1 and note that it is not as easy as I did last time. Not sure if I am stupid or the education system had changed to such a harsh stage. Really very worry for her future now.

Does anyone let their P1 princess or prince go for tuition before the starting of the P1 journey? How much is the tuition fees?

Anyone staying in AMK and enroll into P1, Anderson Primary School for next year?

Kenny
sad.gif

Uncle Kenny,

me was shocked there's NEW METHOD for MATHS unlike our time
kao_sad2.gif

me so far invested on phonics home-based class ( walkg distance fm my hse ) as son got readg problems.

son bought home school exercise book then me saw " bonding " questions and son's score : <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"> all wrong </font></font>

dun be surprise when being asked son :

Q : wat's 1 plus 1 ?
A : 11 ( eleven ) and lift up two fingers from both hands to tell the answer .

though it's stupid joke among adults then really got such answer came out from my son !

son is ADHD , maggie told me to go slow otherwise me kee seow ( alrdy liao ) ...... he everyday does sch homework ( if any ), then watch TV till 3pm for nap then woke up 6pm to eat dinner with TV on till 11pm.

Hi Kenny,

my girl going P1 next year too and i have starting giving her tutition for Maths ans English in a enrichment centre and me personally teaching her chinese with the help from her super on Childcare. Yet her memorable childhood not over lah cos she has only 1 hour tutition for Maths ans 1 hour tutition for English per week. Rest of weekdays and weekend(except thursday where she is learning wushu and sat swimming), she is happily playing with her dolls and watching tv.

she started at 4 years old and she has been learning steadily and slowly at her maths and english grammar and compo. Paying $270 for 10 lessons for 1 subject.Her enrichment centre teacher or rather tutition centre teacher and her childcare teachers have been very diligent in teaching her so not worried. I am more worried for her Chinese cos i have to be the tution teacher

Hi Kenny, i feel you. I'm worried about my prince's education too. He is also going into Pri 1 next yr. Almost wanted to enroll him into Anderson Pri but ended up at Townsville. I've bought enrichment books for him too. Not sure whether I should start him on lessons now. Isn't it a lil too late?

DIL
i think it is gd how u teach yr girl "how to fish" instead of "fishing for her" but for a smart kid it is easier u think? what if e child is just an average child? then when in P1 then tuition, dun know if will be too late? my child is not near P1 yet but i am oredi super stressed reading all these things fr other parents. seems like in sg, tuition is the norm?

hael,

average kids are still beta than special kids like my boy !

me alrdy kee seow since day 1 he was been diagonsed by KKH coz' all my dreams gonna modify again everyday .........

if my son is normal kid, me boh chap liao .......

mimi u still have one boy to make u go crazy. some parents want oso dun have leh. so enjoy been crazy for your boy heehee at least u not crazy over other men heeheehee dun hit me!

come to serious part. me too dun believe in tuition. poor kids wake up early, end sch 1 or 130 den rush off for tuition. how much can they absorb after a long day at sch? as adult already cant tahan wat abt kids? as parents, i guess we need to learn to "relax". i was contemplating whether or not to send my elder gal for abacus cos she is no gd in Math like me. but decided to let nature takes its course n guide her at home as much as i can. rope in my hubby to help too.
not easy for working parents, as both kids n parents will get angry if things dun work out the way we want it.
if u really want to send your kids for tuition, u must be involved too. dun push everything to sch trs or tuition trs, once they dislike learning, u r going to have big trouble liao!

For helen,

5907465.png

veri siong OR just me run out gimmicks &amp; tricks to handle my hyper son ...... or me <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">extremely kia su</font></font> mum !

<font size="+2"><font color="ff6000">TANG CUTE U</font></font> for cheering my day coz' no biz for my BP to clear off my stocks ........

helen , hael,the cirriculum now is different from our time. For maths, parents can teach but the way of doing it is different. We cant teach them the way we were taught.i just feel that one need to prepare kids well before P1 cos i will be removing all tution for maths and english once she starts p1. If the kid is well prepared for p1, i dun see the need for tutition anymore unless if they cannot cope. I have seen kids relaxed relaxed before before p1 and then at P1 parents start to panic cos they realise their kids cannot catch up and one of my neighbours downstairs, you can hear her screaming every night until 11pm , y? cos her kids do not know the spelling given by school and her screaming so loud i can hear all the spelling words and what went wrong.
uhoh.gif
. i dunno about other school but the school my girl will be going is the one of the top3 school oversubscribed at phrase 2C too and featured in the news and my fren whose kid in p1 this year in the school my girl will be going in p1 next year told me that i must make sure my girl han yu pin yin foundation there. There will be orientation at the end of the year and they assess your kids and if the standard not there, they will have the holiday camps and once a week 1 month enrichment to set the foundation for english and han yu pin yin.Imagine your kids never learn before and expected to learn all these in 1 month, how stressful is it for the kids and parents?

anyway for my girl tutition is 2 hours per week with me teaching Chinese at night . i am glad the tutition on weekend helps her so that i dun need to focus my time on that plus i have a younger son which i need to teach since his teachers are complaining he is very slow.the rest of the time is just her swimming and wushu. Wushu is enforced by me cos i find her quite weak and tend to get sick easily. i see a difference after she starts wushu cos her appetite is practically growing big and she dun fall sick so easily now,in fact when the whole household(myself, my hubby and my son) all down with flu, she is the only one who didn't catch it.*touch wood* for now.She also grows to love wushu. For me, i always tell my girl, try out all activities since you are young and no homeworks, cos if we never sign up our children for all activities to try, how would we know if they like? normally when my girl does not like the activities, i withdraw her cos she has tried out and finds not to her liking.Of course she has been telling us she wants to learn ballet and piano and violin, i told her
nono.gif
, cos ballet can go to learn the dancing as cca in school, piano and violin cannot try try too ex

anyway, you can go to MOE site where there is a list of chinese words your child is expected to know when he or she is in P1. There is one set for normal chinese and one set for higher chinese for p1 to P6

I think it depends alot on the personality of the child &amp; the standard of the school. For e.g my gal loves reading &amp; she has never attended any phonics class or Eng enrichment class. I don't need to supervise her very much also. She only attends Berries Chinese enrichment class as I mostly speak to her in Eng at home.

My boy on the other hand, only wants to play and watch TV. He is a day-dreamer. For this type of child, some parental "pushing" is necessary. If you leave him alone to his "interests", definitely he will not study. In fact, his sch teacher is the one who asked us to give him tuition
sad.gif

It's better to build a strong foundation when young and the child can study at a leisurely pace. When they enter P1, the pace moves along pretty fast and if the foundation is not strong, he will find it hard to catch up.

Just sharing my experience.

DIL, i feel a smart kid is someone whom the teacher just tell them once or teach them once for lessons they never learn before, they can catch immediately and question back the teachers on more indepth. An average child is someone who will have to listen and digest the info,maybe at times still have to revise. this is just my opinion. no offence to anyone

i feel parents should know your own child better than anyone of us. If you feel you cant help and your child need help, by all means just do what you need to do. Better still, find out from frens whose kids in the same school ur child is going, at least, you have a better guage of what is needed.All of us have different way of parenting but whatever we do we just want the best for our child. They dun need to be the smartest or the top 10 in school, they just need to grow into confident, high self esteem and happy individual.

Dear all,

Thank you so much for the reply and am very happy to know that I am not alone. My gal is average type. Think I should start looking for a teacher to build up her foundations.

I have tried to teach my gal but she can’t really focus. Cos her brother and sister is playing, laughing and fighting for toys.
Now have to start looking for extra cash liao. Same like Auntie Mimi, had to start BP to get in more $$$.

BTW, does anyone here have any tutor to recommend? I am hiding in Ang Mo Kio, Blk 6xx series actually.

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

perhaps you can also encourage the siblings to sit down and do their own reading or studying too.

I was once a tutor, taught a kid from primary 1 up to primary 4. I believe still that at primary 1, you don't have to succumb to tuition. Let your kid have that room for exploration for perhaps one year, before you decide whether she really needs tuition.

I also agree with the 'teaching the kid how to fish' method. Much so with the 'upgrading' of the school syllabus, we can sit down with our kids and explore the new methods and learn and teach them. I think it's more of a win-win situation.

To me, education may be essential for today's livelihood, but moral education is necessity for survival of lifetime.

Hope it helps.

Jayne Lee (I seriously don't recommend tuition for children below primary 3 unless he or she is REALLY behind everyone else.)

I think the parents will have to prepare themselves before the kids enter P1, not only the kids.
I emphasize on early learning, but learning should be fun, not by stressing the kids. E.g. some ppl send their kids to all kind of enrichment classes, but does the kid really enjoy them? Or are the classes really necessary? I find that we parents are the best teachers to our kids, so if possible, i do not want to send my kids to tuition. However, I do have a relative who send her son to phonics class, chinese class coz she herself is not educated, her son enjoys it and he's well prepared for his P1, so I'm not against sending kids to tuition if you can't teach by yourself, but importantly, the kids must not be stressed.
I recently read a book on '自己的孩子自己教“,translated will be 'teach your own children', whereby the writer was not highly educated but in order to teach his children, he force himself to learn english so that he can teach them and learn with them. His both children are the extreme smart kids and they never need to attend tuition. The writer mentioned, he put in much efforts in teaching his children when they are in primary school while other parents are enjoying themselves, and he has more and more time when his children start to learn independently, now his children use less time to study and can still play around while their classmates are all struggling with tuitions. So I think the foundation is very important, and I agree with DIL, teach the kids, learn with them, be their best teacher.

sounds like P1 is not the same as P1 of our generation/times.

so what happens in P1? P1 got no formal exams/tests is it? i seem to recall a while back government said no more tests for P1? then do they still do streaming? eg normal, gifted, "special"? ..

hael,

the P1 is not the same as the P1 in our generation.whether P1 has exams depends on the school. Some schools still have P1 exam, some has what they call SA which are the tests + your daily assignment which contributes to your marks which means you have to be consistent in your work. Streaming is done in p5 generally and if you are not up-to-mark, you will find your PSLE different from the normal PSLE as the "simpler PSLE" is meant for the path for children going to ITE instead of the normal JC or Polytechnic route unless your ITE grades are super good then can go Polytechnic or Uni.

Most schools do not use English textbooks anymore unlike our time. They have what is called stellar programme which includes show and tell, 3 and more students sharing one story book called Big book which is really big from what i learnt from my frens.the teacher will give the child and classmates time to read themselves and teachers will ask questions relating to the book and this is the supposed discussion time which also means your child must know how to read a simple book. As to whether the Big book is simple to read or not , i dunno cos i learnt about the change in cirriculum from MOE site, young parents magazines and from frens who are teachers.

as to whether need tution or not, really up to individual but parents must be involve too. My fren whose son going p1 next year bought the P1 books to teach herself except for english loh. She even bouhgt a workbook teaching parents how to learn the model method and how to do proportion.she is learning it to teach her son so that he is ready in p1.

larkspur,
Ya, your fren is great, i like to see parents learn with the kids, at least you know wat kind of stress they are having.

musicbox, ya loh i also stress cos i have to teach my girl myself chinese and check dictionaries at times when i dunno if it is the correct reading. i am also getting the maths workbook so that when my girl in P1 and needs help,i can be there to guide her cos i dun think i will send her for tutition until P3 which the time all my frens says there is a huge jump.

Anyway there is a thread on the P1 maths
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/5865476.html?1313419771

Hi Larkspur,
When did you start teaching your gal? Would you be kind to share your experience with me
happy.gif
Or do you have a blog documenting your journey in grooming your little one? I like talking and sharing with mummies on early teaching, I just started my own home teaching of my girl, my aim is to let her study herself independently when she's in Primary school and hopefully no tuition is necessary.
I myself did not attend kindergarten and receive no tuition till sec when I attend my PMR (I studied in Msia till SPM and afterwards came SG to further my tertiary education), I enjoyed my childhood a lot but not my secondary school coz my foundation is very weak and thus my secondary school was a nightmare to me. To me results is not tat important, but I hope my kids can have a strong foundation and enjoy their school time at the same time.
I hope all mummies with the same mindset as me can have more discussion with me on how do you promote fun learning in your kids, perhaps PM me? Or we can start another thread
happy.gif

I do have a thread for the fun teaching of my gal, do PM me if you're interested, if you've a blog about how you prepare your kids for their formal schooling, do PM me your blog address too
happy.gif

Music box,i have a blog but i din update for long time cos i was so busy teaching my children at night except for one weekday night when my girl has her wushu. I also have nightmare in secondary school when i took A maths. i was so miserable and depressed cos even when teacher teach i still dun quit grasp and i hated the homwork given. Later i went to a tution centre and learn the A maths from basic and the tution teacher is so good that i can do any A maths question no matter how difficult it is. My classmates see the speed i can solve the A maths questions no matter how our teacher twist and turn the questions, ended up my whole class of 35 students attend the same tution centre as me.hahahha that is when i realised tutition is a must.

i used to give tutition to one kid many years ago. the parents not educated so dunno anything about school. When i taught the girl, it was around sept time anothe 2 months before her p1 exam, in order to guage her standard i flipped thru her text book in the first where they introduce shapes. OMG, she cannot differentiate the shapes let alone read. i still remember i was staring at her cos 2 months she is having her P1 exam and the first page of the textbook, she still dunno,i flipped thru the rest and she dun even know a single thing.i tried to teach her but still cannot catch up cos her foundation is really very bad and i did not know how she could have gone thru K1 and K2.That is the time i told myself if i have children, i will make sure they are not like her

Ya can PM you to discuss. I always discuss with my frens wat books to buy and used to teach ourselves beside the enrichment/tution classes attended.i have a face to face review with the teachers for my children enrichments classes on sat and the teachers will feedback to us what we as parents have to do and help at the same time. in this way i am keeping track of what is being learnt and her weaknesss and how i can help.

Hi larkspur, do you mind sharing what is the name of the book/who's the author of the workbook that teaches parents how to learn the model method?

My daughter is only 4 but I would like to learn about it now so that I will have more time to understand it better.

Thanks.
happy.gif

Hi Musicbox,

no lah my girl not in that school lah and i dun even stay near to the school. What i mean is the principal of Rosyth wrote this assessment book meant for parents in general who want to teach their children. i heard from my fren the books very popular and it has very clear and detailed instruction how to teach the parents. that is wat my fren says and i havent seen the book yet and my fren also not even from that school

yes yes yes learn with the kids! Pls DO! This will bring u closer to your kids n bond with one another. it is very sad to see parents always pushing kids to learn but they just sit at one corner n play with their iphone or ipad etc....as a kid i will be so upset why daddy n mummy can play games but i must attend classes after classes....

yes we learn with the kids but it is so tiring especially after work. For me practically, after work i go straight back home and have dinner. do housework, bath and get ready by 8.30pm. Then start teaching my son first and meanwhile my girl will watch tv/play computer games and half an hour later my girl's turn, then my son will watch tv . after finishing teaching my girl ,will try to off the light by 9.30pm every night

send my son to home-based Phonetic reading class, there's 2 China Chinese boys whom their folks send to <font size="+1">SEVEN</font> different enrichment classes just for <font size="+2">ENGLISH</font> !

my son though ADHD still can pick up gradually as the teacher will brief parents wat she taught for the day's lesson and we go home and revised with our kids.

not ez to teach son when he dun have long attention span ..........

me wanted to send to my old sch then sch told me UNLESS son on medication and still nid to sit for their entry exams coz' they dun 1 son to ruin school reputations !!!

Fainted.... Think I will die. I have 3 kids. How to survive?

Dear larkspur

If you happen to have the book that you mentioned, do drop me a PM leh. I wish to take a look at it. Me very stress now. Thank you leh

Kenny

Uncle Kenny,

yr gals age gap just 12mths apart so it's " ez " to pick up teachg ..........

focus on yr gals 1st then tik of tee tee later lah ~

Hi Kenny,

I will go down to popular to see if they got the book.My fren mentioned there are 2 parts to the book and it goes by each level as in primary 1 Book 1a and 1b. i need to see the book 1A if it is mainly what my girl has learnt. She has already finished her addition and subtraction taught by her enrichment teacher and learning to tackle problem sums and starting a little bit of mulitplication so i will check if the book is in sysn with what she learns. If it is, then will buy just the part 1b which my fren mentions it is about time, graph etc which i need to take a look.

Dun stress lah like what mimi says , start with your eldest one. my children are 2 years apart and i actually start preparing my girl early so now at age 6, i need to focus only on chinese with her since her teachers have already taught her what she needs to know , of course with me monitoring wat they are teaching. so more or less easy for me now as i can free up my time for my son to teach him to read. to make it worse for me i have to volunteer the past 4 years in order to register at phrase 2b. So you can imagine me have to do volunteer work, teach my children at night, weekend enrichment classes , plus doing housework and my job

Dear all,

Thank you for the encouragement. I will try my very best. Hope my kids are not as stupid as me as I am at young stage. Whole day play and play until flung all subjects. Only when old than start to realize that I need that paper to get a higher starting pay.

I will start with the eldest one ( just like auntie mimi say ) and than, hopefully, the younger ones will follow or at least learn a bit here and there.

If really cannot, than I would no choice but to find a tutor for her.

me kia su alrdy " booked gf's P1 gal's Maths textbook " liao coz' my maths 4ever flung !

MOE syllbus 4ever " last minute " changes ....... oso dunno wat MOE wants ???

me still prefer my time .... can <font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">REPEAT</font></font> extra 2 more years coz' veri applicable for my son .

Dear Auntie Mimi,

MOE want to earn $, so change and change. Reason given is that time has changed and we the citizen need to proceed to another level of knowledge. And also this is better book compare to the old ones. But, it just changed 1 year ago!!!!!!

Same as you, I am afraid that the books cannot be use by my no 2 and 3. But no choice la. Last time, the books can be used for at least 5 year.

Finger crossed
sad.gif

Dear Minx,

Cannot wait liao. I have to go popular to take a look at that book.

I have to start learning.

Kenny, my gal is only 17 months now. I was a trainer for 15 years before I decided to quit my job to look after my gal. I believe that learning comes best when it's fun and happy.
So I have plan for my gal to only learn/study in a happy way just like all the training that I conducted last time.

Eversince she was born I read to her and sing with her alot with rhymes, etc. at 17 months now, she now how to memorized a-z, and 1-10. But I didn't do it purposely, she pick it up when we sing and dance together.

Its good for us parent to teach our own children as when they grow up someday they will associate learning with mummy/daddy is something fun and happy instead of stress up abt it.

I do have detail 'lesson plan' that I have for her to learn phonic, math, chinesse and other talent development on what year which age, etc.
and it's all done by me cos I don't believe tutor in Singapore able to teach my gal in the most fun and happy way. So I prepare her learning with lots of art and craft plus songs. She also learn when I cook, doing housework cos I will let her play during that time. (e.g..when I sweep the floor, I will sing the song like "this is the way to sweep the floor", etc.).
Now at 17 months she speak two words like "read book", "eat bread", "watch peppa" (yes I let her watch peppa pig cartoon no more than 20 mins a day to let her pickup a good english).

I think as a parent, we need to learn. Parenthood and teaching children is very very new to me..I only know how to teach adult. So I do all the way to learn how to teach her since young.

At least with this foundation, she can read and write by 4 years old, leave her 4-6 years old to learn other thing like chinesse, math, or all other non academic talent development, and by the time she go to primary at 6..we have less stress to worry about.

Hi anmaria,
I share the same view as u, I also let my gal learn fr sing songs, doing crafts, and playing toys. I teach my gal phonics in a fun way n I just started recently, she's 2.4 yr old now n able to associate things with a to z, can u share with us more about ur teaching plans here in the following thread?
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/5915124.html?1313724541
This thread will be deleted while the above thread can be permanent for other mothers to refer, I hope mummies can contribute in the thread, thks!

music box, write in your thread already :)

For me..academic excellent is one thing, but its more important for me as a parent to teach them a good value like positive thinking by being positive ourselves, emphatize with people by learning to understand them, kindness.
I really hope more kids are learning those things that I believe can only learn best from their parent.

academic excellence is only one thing but from all of our experience as an adult, skills including critical thinking and analysis; team work collaboration; communication; creativity and innovation; etc play much bigger roles in our life isn't it?

I have never be smart as a kid and I think I am not smart too until now (really not good at math, english, etc). But I grow up as quite a people and chatty person. and I am glad my parent know my strength and guide me all the way to have a career that suit my strength instead of insisting me being an engineer or doctor or lawyer.

I love my job so much as a trainer. Well..I love to talk..and still can't believe people pay me to do this..hehe.. (just kidding).

it's our duty as a parent to find our child strengh and guide them from there instead of focus on their weakness.

Hi,

as what minx has mentioned, the book which my fren told me is Visible Thinking which comprise of Book 1A and Book 1B. i went down to Popular to take a look and realise for Book1A, my girl has learnt everything from her enrichment teacher so there is no point for me to buy book 1A. Might be buying book 1b cos i still need to see what has been taught by her enrichment teacher and definitely buying book 2A for primary 2 level where they are teaching the model method..

I also saw the book which Minx has posted the link, The Singapore model method, this book is detailed in teaching step by step, more like teacher workbook, very tempted to buy from popular but the book is expensive about $29 before popular discount card is used.I think i will prefer the visible thinking and i dun think this is for weaker learner. Instead i feel this should be used to teach the children who does not have any basic at all. Not all children go for enrichment classes and not all the kindergarten or childcare have strong cirriculum and taught the children before so they do not know of anything except maybe count 1 to 100. It might be the first time the children are introduced to nominal numbers and number bonds. I know of frens whose kids in PCF in K1 starting to learn letter tracing of alphabets. in fact my fren's son was praised by the PCF principal for being advance . why? cos her son is the only one in the K1 class who knows A to Z and 1 to 20 and knows how to write abc. My fren commented that her son cannot even read a simple one liner story book and the principal still commented her son advance

my son in PCF Simei (K1) is struggling coz' his form teacher still undergoing 3years training, bring home fortnightly homework as HIS (home improvement scheme) teachg by parents.

the worksheets MOST of it ain't taught in class BEFORE then the form teacher told class the answer and my son memorised them hence came home hurrily rush into completion coz' i tik he worries the answers will be 4gotten !

son's another frd oso K1 in other PCF ctr within Simei, NOT single homework nor worksheets bring home !

son since term 1, learng to copy " THINGS to BRING for OUTING " from class whiteboard then bring home for parent's signatory.

the class lessons taught many sentences written work.

last friday brought homework tt nid son to color numbering with set of 2, me told son to draw sticks then circle in twos BUT the numbers from 1 - 30 ....... son's drawg are huge so can't even squeese 8 sticks drawn within a box . Ended, he threw trantums and kept away his undone work. Asked him whether school taught him SETS, his answer " NO " !

i'm really annoyed since day 1 school opens in January till now ! Complaint oso USELESS lah coz' teachers will RUN AWAY ( cannot accept comments from parents ).

son's teacher is young; she WORK SMART but NOT WORK HARD coz' there's no TEACHING PASSION in her !

Dear Mimi,

When I read your last post, I realise my princess also the same leh. She seems to memorise what the teacher had said about the answer, hurried home and start writing it down. I did ask her once how she mange to get the answer correct. She told me teacher told all of them the answer 1st. FAINTED....

Think PCF are all the same. Seem like spoon feeding to me. Luckily, many of her classmates are other races and she was force to speak English. Her speaking no bad actually. Very ‘chim’ word also can say and read.

My master told me PCF like to change teacher also. Change and change. Not sure why. Complain also no use. There is one fat teacher, I remember she smile at me when we 1st met, who look very friendly and very educated. But my princess says when the door closed, her teacher will just sit at one corner to do her stuff and let the kids play toys. In fact, my princess learns nothing from this teacher. So all mummy gang up to lodge a complaint and somehow, change teacher again.

Oh, have to start looking for Visible Thinking.
happy.gif

Uncle Kenny,

TQ to hear tt my son is oso sharing the SAME BOAT as yr gal !

me juz now TL after tikg, called MOE and cow peh cow bu with the officer who handles Simei PCF........i complained for more 60mins on phone ! She sounded SHOCKED tt lessons not cover &amp; gave kids to do 1st !!!

told her if revealed my name then the orpi administrator whom always san kah our area MP ( CEO of branded IT ) then TROUBLES will start floodg into my hse ............

me then found out 84 PCF ctr are all privately run, centres MAY NOT use the given syllbus which meant ctrs can have their own CUSTOMISED syllbus taught. And oso, pre schoolg is NOT COMPULSORY but then priamry onwards is COMPULSORY !

me veri headache.....last year is honeymoon then again tis year oso honeymoon .......... 2012 liao !!! dun even tik of 2013, may even repeat K2 liao !

i dunno how often pcf changes trs, but seems like the same for most choldcare or kindergarten/ cos the trs pay is low n hours long. so not many will stay. my gal in childcare trs also change esp chinese trs cos they r chinese national on 2 yrs contract.
many gd trs have left so sad.... but so far quite happy with the curriculum. only the chilscare part kinda laxed n need improvement

i did not realise that too about pcf but when another fren who put her girl in pcf which is located on the ground floor of her block in the north,she complained about the same problem, no teaching. Ended up now she is teaching maths and chinese herself and sending her girl for English enrichment. She is trying to speed up teaching cos her girl going P1 next year

Back