Divorce fee

confused2022

Hi

I am planning to divorce. I have approached a few lawyers for the quote. None of the lawyer give me a formal quote except for 1 lawyer firm. They will draft a settlement to my husband. This is called simplified uncontested divorce.

If my husband contest the divorce then it will go to contested divorce. I have to pay the additional fee on top of the amount i have paid for the simplified uncontested divorce.

I got PPO against my husband. He has been quite violent to me. During the PPO, we went to court trial. I think for the divorce case, most likely my husband will contest.

Do you think it's worth to go through the procedure of simplified if knowing that my husband is more likely will contest? I am thinking that i will save the cost of simplified if i skip this procedure. Any advice on this? I am very confused now. Money wise, I have to plan it carefully. My husband has been unemployed for 3 years. I am the one who maintain sons age 19 and 13 years old. The latter is a special needs.

Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Hi

I am planning to divorce. I have approached a few lawyers for the quote. None of the lawyer give me a formal quote except for 1 lawyer firm. They will draft a settlement to my husband. This is called simplified uncontested divorce.

If my husband contest the divorce then it will go to contested divorce. I have to pay the additional fee on top of the amount i have paid for the simplified uncontested divorce.

I got PPO against my husband. He has been quite violent to me. During the PPO, we went to court trial. I think for the divorce case, most likely my husband will contest.

Do you think it's worth to go through the procedure of simplified if knowing that my husband is more likely will contest? I am thinking that i will save the cost of simplified if i skip this procedure. Any advice on this? I am very confused now. Money wise, I have to plan it carefully. My husband has been unemployed for 3 years. I am the one who maintain sons age 19 and 13 years old. The latter is a special needs.

Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Not easy to for him to go contested divorce as it’s expensive, moreover he is not working.

What do you think he will be contesting on?

Contesting not to divorce, child custody or maintenance?

Normally before contesting he need to mediate first. Unless come to a point no way to mediate, then will go for court trial. But before go for court trial, judge will talk to both not to go court trial and tell the consequences to both of the cost

Not easy to for him to go contested divorce as it’s expensive, moreover he is not working.

What do you think he will be contesting on?

Contesting not to divorce, child custody or maintenance?

Normally before contesting he need to mediate first. Unless come to a point no way to mediate, then will go for court trial. But before go for court trial, judge will talk to both not to go court trial and tell the consequences to both of the cost
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I already talked to him that we can split the hdb sales proceeds 50:50 He doesn’t agree. He would like to take back his cpf for the amount he paid plus accrued interest. Our cpf contribution to hdb between mysel and him is 40:60 Most likely, he will contest for division of asset.

Take back cpf plus accrued interest is the norm and required by CPF regulations. Usually 50-50 refers to nett sales proceeds after CPF and loans

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I already talked to him that we can split the hdb sales proceeds 50:50 He doesn’t agree. He would like to take back his cpf for the amount he paid plus accrued interest. Our cpf contribution to hdb between mysel and him is 40:60 Most likely, he will contest for division of asset.
whatever he and you contributed to the house from cpf will go back to each other account and both of you will split the profit.
let's say if the profit is 100k. then if 50/50 each will have 50k.
if he wan 60k and fight you then tahts silly as going for court trial will cost more than 10k

I experienced a divorce before. Godwin Campos really helped me with the step-by-step procedure. I know he can help you too. He's very reliable; he will explain every step of the divorce process to you very well. You can check him out, or you can message me regarding the process of my divorce.

Back