Confirmed with Klinefelter syndrome child

hmin_ho

Hi mummies,
I've done amnio and confirmed the child to be xxy, I can't stop crying everyday thinking bout this, whether to end his suffering here or to give him a chance to live? Would appreciate if anybody with klinefelter kids or anybody diagnosed with this condition can advise me on this condition? I'm booked for a genetic counsellor but would like to see real life cases too.

Hi mummies,
I've done amnio and confirmed the child to be xxy, I can't stop crying everyday thinking bout this, whether to end his suffering here or to give him a chance to live? Would appreciate if anybody with klinefelter kids or anybody diagnosed with this condition can advise me on this condition? I'm booked for a genetic counsellor but would like to see real life cases too.

I'm so sorry you need to go through this. Please be strong. I know whatever decision you are going to make, you are making it out of his best interest.

Here's another thread...

It is not life-threatening. The most serious common outcome is male infertility. Some can have various problems but it is different for each individual. All these problems occur in the general population too.

You have to weigh the importance of a "perfect" baby. An XXY person will have more problems, yes.

Last edited:

Back