Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi Ashley

Wow you have no.3?!?!?! Congrats!!! Boy or girl? I suspect boy cos you asked me about ACS ;-p Last time I was in phase 2C

Btw, ACS Pri or Jr do not accept parents volunteer.

Ashley
I like bengawan solo cake card, very convenient lor... I got it for my two boys' full month.

Jo, no lol, my number 2! Last time told u when i was pregnant, now just given birth. As for no 3, hmm if i know for sure it will be a girl, i dont mind haha.

Yes my no 2 is a boy too. So there is chance for phase 2C at ACP, i will see how. How is your new maid by the way?

Hi mummies,

Anyone happen to know whether is there any private bus from cck to suntec during weekdays?

Office shifting to suntec in Dec. Need to find my transport there. Thanks.

Hi Ashley,

I like the pkg from Chocz
happy.gif

I bought their Fruit cake and Choc Chips cake for distribution.
U can check out their website or call them for more information.

Hi Ashley,

So far, I like the pkg from Chocz
happy.gif

I bought the Jack's Place Fruit Cake for distribution.

U can check out their website or call them for more details.

Thanks Snowball!! So many items for selection frim Chocz, dunno which ones to pick lol. I am actually contemplating btw chocz and sweetest moments..

hi ashley

aiyo i am so blur cos i thought u told me you are taking maternity leave some time ago, so i tot you have delivered... ;p

u really got to go kiasuparents to study p1 regn statistics... this year ACS Jr phase 2C <1km got to ballot. ACS Pri forever very hot and no chance to get in (many old boys).

Hi Jo, I worked until the ladt day, planning to take leave on 1 Aug and baby came out exactly on that day, my colleagues said baby corporated so well, i didnt waste even 1 day leave lol.

Wow acs is not easy. Maybe i just go with De La Salle.

Hi, I'm going to shift to cck on 6 sept and is finding a cc for my 2 yr old gal,
I was wondering if there's any mummies here who put their kids at limbang cherie hearts?
What's your review? Coz I'm gonna stay right beside limbang shopping centre.
Or is there any other recommeded cc which the fee's is not too high?

Hi i am considering below 3 childcare centres for my baby gal. Which one is better? thanks
happy.gif
plan to let her study there from PG-K2. welcome any comment! ^_^
(1) PCF SPARKLETOTS KEAT HONG 353, CHOA CHU KANG CENTRAL
(2) THE ORANGE TREE (CCK) PTE. LTD. 10, CHOA CHU KANG ROAD
(3) ICHIBAN MONTESSORI CHILD CARE CENTRE PTE LTD 20, HONG SAN WALK

Hi,

I am considering to send my boys age 3 and 8 years old to Cherie Hearts Limbang? Any feedbacks? Have any other child+student care to recommend?

hi cck mummies

long time no see... see many FAQ about childcare here heehee

anyway, any mummies know any daily part time cleaning lady?

long story about my maids... not sure to kick my present 3 months old maid and get a temporary help.... not sure it works or not

or i should just wait patiently for my free replacement but my agent has VERY VERY few candidates available now sigh....

i just went to SPARKLETOTS and creativeland @ blk 634 for a visit.

now can't decide which one to let my kids go.
sparkletots is fully airconditional..

Jo, same situation here.

But for me, must have maid cos of the new baby. Agency has so FEW candidates, not to mention we cant take Philipinos cos the waiting time is so long due to the prerequisite training by Phi's Govt.

hi ashley

long time no hear... r u going for indo maid?

till now my agent still has no maid for me!!! previously i shortlisted a few but taken up very fast before i can confirm...

to be fair to my maid, she is not really bad but not suitable to my style cos I am quite particular about cleanliness and like to delegate and let the maid run the house independently.

Hi Jo, yeah long long time
happy.gif

I currently have a Myanmar maid with me for nearly 2 weeks, cant stand her style, serious hygene issue, slow, no initiative, need to point out what to do and how to do it for her.

Think my style is same like yours. My parents have been staying here way too long cos they themselves dont feel good leaving us with the new maid.

Will never ever hire Myanmar maid again.

oh dear... i almost want to give up getting philippines maid, now after your complaint about serious hygiene issue, i better stick to philippines maid....

i am stuck with my agent cos he is suppose to give me one free replacement.

Luckily your parents are still here to help u...

so u r still searching or already selected your maid?

oily

i heard one mummy told me there is a new childcare in cck (i think yew tee area) but waiting list is about 2 years!?!?!

jo, spakletots opp shell petrol kiosk have vacancy for my gal (PG) actually. but they do not have enough teacher to open the class for K2.

i'm going to withdraw my kids fr current cc and register them at my first skool.

really hope the quality of service is good!!

good that you have found one... it is really difficult to find a good childcare. as long as it can meet your main requirements/expectation, it is considered good liao...

Hi Jo,

I have yet to find a suitable candidate
sad.gif

Want to hire Filipino maids but the waiting time is too long. U aware of the new training requirement from Filipino Government right?

By the way the 2 years waiting list may belong to Orange Tree? Not in Yew Tee, more like at the fringe of Teck Whye and Bukit Panjang.

Hi Ashley,

How are u? Baby shd b ard 4 mths now? Are U chg CC 4 your DS?

Maids - my maid going back 4 vacation nx March. Cant guarantee tat she will come tho she says she will. My colleague's maid of 5 yrs played him out. Went back 2 Indo n then nothing heard after tat. Its really diff 2 get gd maids now. Sighhhhhh

waiting time for my agent side is about 1 month (if smooth) to 2 months (my 1st shortlisted maid left the training, so i got to quickly get another maid... this result total of 2 months waiting time!)

oh orange tree? the mummy mentioned block 6XX... maybe CCK block 6XX. Anyway now i have no choice but to keep wz there cos he finally adapted to the childcare and improve alot (although his speech still below average... principal even asked me to bring him to speech therapy!).

snowball, it is really a matter of luck... my luck with maid is not so good after the 1st maid...

Hi Snowball,

Yes my 2nd son is more than 4 months, growing well according to the ped, 7.8kg 65cm at 4 month. However I'm running out of breastmilk. May need to consider formula now. I don't know why I feel so upset about it. Last time I fed elder son with BM+FM from the beginning with no concern.
This time I feel so bad that I may not be able to feed K with only breastmilk for at least 6 months.

Anyway, nothing I can do. Relax, lol. I find myself doing much more things for my second one, compared to the first one. And enjoying it.

We intended to let D attend Creative O, we were so happy about it but now we had to withdraw, cos we are going to move house, which will be very far away from our current place, so no point let him attend new school for just a few months. He also likes the current school, just let him stay put there for a while more.

@ jo: oh WZ's speech is that serious? I always think second one will pick up faster than the first one. Maybe I'm wrong.

Oh I'm headache about maid too. Yesterday told my agent if we keep dragging like this, I might as well choose a Filipino cos by the time she can confirm me an Indo maid, it's already one month! Keep our fingers crossed!
Good luck to u too.

@ jo: we are eyeing some units, and trying to sign OTP with one. Most probably in central area.

Like to buy around Catholic high but can't find any we like within the budget, plus hb does not like that area.

Will let u know once everything is settled
happy.gif
But confirmed moving cos just sold our flat hehe.

aiyo why are u moving out of CCK? will miss u...

anyway we are also still waiting for opportunity to buy more central area... hopefully before my elder son goes to sec 1...

Hi mummies!

Just wanna ask if anyone had feedbacks on kinderland cck(beside lot1)?
How's the curriculum?
Placed my daughter there soon but kinda worried... Dunno why...
sad.gif

Appreciate any feedbacks, thanks!

Haha why worry? You have registered and your daughter has not started school yet.
Let her try and worry later. First time her going to school?

About curriculum, shouldn't you already know it before registering? Quality of care is important too.

I visited the school before. Think it looks quite conductive. Curriculum from Kinderland should be sufficient too.

Hi, I'm moving to Yew Tee in next year March 2012. My 2 yr old girl is currently with MMI Pasir Ris since 17 month old. I visited MMI cck this morning, the place is dirty n a bit old. I also went to Agape Little Uni at Yew Tee, place is clean but i'm not very confident if my girl can get used to non Montessori set up. Is Agape Little Uni at Yew Tee a good preschool? Any mommies are satisfied with the school? Any other preschools worth a visit? Thanks! I'm staying at Pasir Ris now so only weekends can visit the schools.

Hi BB,
Both my kids are wif Agape Yew Tee . DD1 wif them since nursery now in K2 n DD2 joined since PG now in N2. They use letterland 2 teach phonics. So far my kids progressing quite well wif tis CC.

HI mummies, I staying in CCK near to Yew Tee. I visited Mulberry, Kinderland, Learning Vision and few other childcare at CCK area. I brought my son together and he like Mulberry environment than the others, so we have decided to register him at Mulberry. Who will be sending their kids to Mulberry N1 next year?

Hi Janice,
I heard of Mulberry and intend to send my N1 there next year at CCK. However, I have not visited the cc yet coz I'm working full time. May I know how is the fee like ? Any playground for the kids? I went to the website, very impress with the Tanjong Pagar branch. As for CCK, there are not much photos displayed.

As OrangeTree, my N2 is with them since 18mths ago. The waiting list shoot up due to there were a few cc closed down around that area due to the MRT track construction. I will pull my N2 out once I find another cc. I find that the care is not so good there. My N2 has been losing her towel, hair accesories and etc. We have missed the parent-teaching meeting twice and there is no replacement of other dates. Seems that there is not enough teachers teaching at that ctr and no experience ones coz this cc only started the cck branch 18 mths ago.

Mulberry has a vibrant environment.
The playground is the one outside off the running track, next to tennis court. Kids will play at the running track too.
Overall I think it is a good school.

Hi Chris, the environment at Mulberry is good, and there have at least one outing every week, usually to library. The playground is near the the running track, you can actually see it when u drive pass the stadium at the expressway.
I visited Orange Tree this morning and the supervisor is not around. However one of the teacher attended to me, and she explained very detailed to me on their centre. But is on waiting list, not sure till when will be my turn if I want to register.
Another centre I visited is Ichiban Montessori at Hong San Walk. This is not bad too, is a landed house. The area is clean and quiet as is surrounded by all the private houses. The price is cheapest among Mulberry and Orange Tree. But I like this as there have montessori teaching. And my hubby and child also like the place and teachers, the principal is good too. So we have decided to enroll him with Ichiban Montessori Child Care.

hi, i am enrolling my baby gal to playground class in Ichiban Montessori at Hong San Walk too.
visited few CC too. prefer IchibanM coz it is non air con environment (except nap time). prefer the class rooms segregation too instead of just cubicles section. they hav both thematic and montessori in thier syllabus too.
Orange tree is too expensive and the food menu doesn't match with the price since they only giv fish fillet or fish cake! dislike their time table too bcoz they let kids watch TV from 5pm until parent come.. if i come only 7pm then my baby watch TV for 2hrs!!! @_@
good point of orange tree is, it is new and big..

Hi

i have a new pinoy maid arriving and available on 4 Feb. reason being my granny has passed away last week and her existing maid is now available, we would like to take her.

i have paid about $400 (replacement fees including entry test) + $300 (insurance - cannot be transferable) for the replacement new maid.

I hope to recover back the $400 if I can find someone needs maid urgently (i waited about 2 months for this maid!!!!).

Many thanks!

paisay... this afternoon i checked my cheque book and realised the replacement fees i paid (Philippines oversea employment admin $200 + Singapore Entry test $100) should be $300 instead of $400.

Cheers!

I just withdrawl my child from Ichiban at Hongsan Walk.
Reason is: More and more aunties(teschers)there
Most of the time communications is in mandarin and i realised that my child is not learning much though he started to attend since 18mths till 4yrs. Past 2 yrs keep changing principal.

Hi Jo,

About your maid, I have just transferred out my new maid too haha. Decided to keep the Myanmar maid. She has improved, although extremely slow, but at least she can take care of my little boy, my priority. And she is quite obedient (for the time being).

The agent actually transferred out my Indon maid quite fast. Within a week. Think maid supply is really bad. By the way I have heard many said that insurance cannot be transferable. I have changed a few agencies but all the insurance companies they used refund us the insurance. I think must be within first 6 months.

Hi Ashley

u also transferred out your new maid after or before she arrives?

Did your agent ask you to pay any admin and test fees? Yes, insurance can be refunded to me pro-rated so i am quite ok with it. but that admin and test fees cost me $300 already.

actually this new maid... i took quite a long time to find/pick her... she has the chinese and western horoscopes fit my requirements! she is born in the year of rat = fast and smart, taurus = very family, loyal and hardworking... hahahaha...

initially we didn't want to give up this new maid but my granny's maid works many years in sgp, can cook well... i don need to train her at all... maybe just briefly explain to her my requirements. my granny's maid is an indonesian but she can speak mandarin! also born in the year of rat, very fast and smart. transferred maid always want more freedom, we are ok to give her off days at least twice a month, i even offer her off day during hari raya/haji...any malay holidays... unless we need her.

I am extremely upset now. My son, who is attending Kinderland Childcare next to Lot 1, returned with scratch marks on the side of his nose, the corner of his eye and above his upper lip. I was very furious that the teacher did not bother to apply medication on the wounds, and did not bother to call and inform me. My mother-in-law was shocked to see my son's nose bleeding when she fetched him after he alighted from the school bus. Without delay, she called the teacher. It was only at that point did the teacher tell my mother-in-law that another boy hurt mine when he snatched the toy from my son. I am very upset at how the school handled the plight of my 2 years 7 months son. Tomorrow morning, I will go down personally to meet the principal. Any mother with kids in Kinderland CCK?

Hi Jo,

Why don't you give a try with the new maid? Honestly, I think a good, even terrific, maid may not always stay good in a long run.

In my case, I transferred out after she had arrived in Singapore. We met her, talked to her, quite liked her as well but at that time I was about to go overseas, then my husband was going on a 2 week business trip after my trip, so it was not a good time to change maid.
Also my current Myanmar maid had shown some improvement, can take care of my son. She is slow no doubt but at least has good character.
I also spent a lot of time to pick this maid, but really, sometimes thing turns out different.

Wow didn't know you apply horoscopes to your maid searching hehe. I thought of it before and observed, but still very much depends on the maid herself.

Think you can afford to give her day offs. Cos your youngest is same age with my oldest :D Nowadays its so easy with Damien alone. He can take care of himself, even takes care of his brother
happy.gif
So I tell myself when my younger child grows as big as Damien now, I am free haha. I hope lol.

Back