Choa chu kang mummy club

yap, the ntuc @ yew tee point open today.

aiyo, all the enrolment discussion make me worry although my son is only 3y.o.

Pinkie, Don't be so stress lei..we are in the same year, see how is the going and decide la. Where you staying? Why still need to take bus 302 to go DLS, I tot is walking distance for you.

Hwee,

How your kid got in to Pei Hwa huh ? Are u the ex-student there also ?

Hi CL,

ah u mean ur gal take bus at 6.15am? then must wake up around 5 something?? ahhh CCK not so far also around that timing? gosh...

Oh so hwee and ur chid is studying p1 now? lotsa of homeworks? i heard my colleague, her gal studying at Rulang..lotsa homeworks and Sunday must go back to school..so stress ah...

haha cutie, i stay at cck crescent. So which school u going to select? DLS? so now need to write in for PV?

Pinkie, I will be quite save as my hubby joined NC last year. I have not think yet, YT is just 2mins walk but DSL will have to take abt 10mins walk so most likely I will choose YT. According to hubby, you can still try to join RC if they still need any people. There is one new member just join also because her girl goin P1 in YR2011. So no harm trying.

I don't know abt PV as we felt that is easier to join NC so never make any enquiry before. I stay in YMG, therefore we have our own Neighbourhood committee(NC). RC is Residence Committee, hope I not wrong.

Hi, may I join your thread? I'm a FTWM with 13months old son. Just moved to CCK cresent Blk 662. B4 that I stayed @ my mum's place @ CCK drive Blk 688A. WOnder If I have neaigbours here?
happy.gif

I'm looking around for playgroup for my son when he turns 18 months. Tot can recce from now. Any recommendation? Called edufarm (after seeing their poster pasted @ the voiddeck) regarding their startots music and gym class. Was told will be put in the waiting list as class will only start when there's enuff numbers. Any mummies interested?
ALso open to idea of playdate if there's any mummies interested.

CutieZayn / Pinkiebear
i attend the presbyterian church right next to Pei Hwa and we're affliated to the school. so i registered in Phase 2B. Balloting was required for those staying >2km away. Yes, thank God that i got the place for my girl.

my girl dun have a lot of homework. most of the worksheets, the teacher will supervise and they finish in school. the stress will come in SA2.... :p

Cutie,

S'pore PR can join as NC or RC? aiks...headache headache.

Hwee...yeah i think heard you mentioned b4. Only attend the church and they allow 2B? need to baptist?

Hi TSC and Hani, welcome to our neigbourhood
happy.gif

Hani

edufarm? good or not? my son is only 9months old but i am looking for cc/playgroup for him. if my maid is not going to re-contract with us then i will go for cc.

Jo,
I'm not sure myself if edufarm is good. Just trying my luck. :p I think it's new.
But their playgroup, gym and music class is only for 18mths old and above.

pinkie bear
you need to be a church member before they issue you a letter to register in phase 2B. and to be a church member, you need to baptised in that church, or do a transfer to that church and attend service regularly for at least 1 or 2 years.

your child is still young. go and find out which school you want your child to go to. then make enquiries on PV. Registration is also in phase 2B, same as affliation and grassroots.

CL,
i thought of putting my gal to south view leh, so much nearer to my mom's place and easy for my parents to fetch them but i think need to write in to MP is it?

CL,
To be eligible to select that school for my gal? Cos its nearer to the caregiver mah. But to be PV, i dun see any PV whenever i leave my kids at my parents leh.

Meow
if you use caregiver's address, you need to go to MOE with you mother to do a declaration before the registration. And even if the address you use is within 1km of the school, your registration queue is within 1 to 2km range instead. I hope i'm making sense.....

hihi i m back again. I started tuitioning a P1 boy studying in DLS. Got feedback from his mum tt Yew Tee pri is getting better and mayb better than DLS. Not too sure. But i quite like tt school too. Mummies dun freak off, first plan your path for long term, making sure tt u dun move for next 6 yrs at least, if not transport will be a prob again. Ya got to consider the timing for ur kids, waking too early, getting home too late, coz as they get older they have more n more prog to stay in sch. So do plan long term. And will be good to talk to your kids and mayb bring him around the sch and tell them. HEy u are gg to this sch soon, look at the big brothers n sisters soon u will be like them, observe their attitude.

Mums all the best =)

Hi CheongQQ,

Ha..then how?? Yew tee is the nearest pri school, beside my block only so how if getting more popular, means more ppl applying?? gosh! stress again!!!

Hwee,
wow still must go MOE ah, so troublesome leh. Enroll to school also so headache one ah. Confirm her place is very near to the school cos its only 1 block away from the school only.

Meow
ya lor. last time i also wanted to do it but its very troublesome. maybe you check, your address could be within 2km, then save all the trouble.

this P1 is very headache lor. heng ah, i got it over and done with le....

and hor, those PV, you probably won't see them one la, they may be doing other things, depending wat the school need.

Dear all,

Need some advice from all of you, for a 3 yrs old child what should they know at their age. Phonic, A-Z, 1-10 or 20...etc. I'm really confuse what is the basic foundation for a 3 yrs old child.

Thanks

sandra
ya it is that early. I am going overseas and I am arraging for pickup from my sil place at CCK crescent. Timing is 6.05 man. 10 mins earlier than my place. My poor gal. Which is your old school ?

Is that true for PV ? I thot only NYPS request for 80 hours as compared to normal 40 hours. But those parents usually do 300 hours and they are still PV even when the kids are already in the school.

Ya now is very stressful.

Sandra
ya its a little early but hor even if you stay nearer the school, unless walking distane, the difference is less than 30 minutes only.

i know many schools now the PV requirement is more than 40hrs because there are too many. I'm sure your colleague is staying not too near Nan Hua that's why need to ballot. but you dun have a choice. if you do not do PV, then you have no chance in phase 2B at all.

sandra
actually can give a shot. There is another mummy oso staying in cck her gal already P6 this year she is the one who encourage me to go for NYPS when I want to do DLS.

Ya all PV in NYPS last year got in without balloting because they already screen and limited the numbers

Sandra
i also encourage you to try. my colik stay in Bukit Panjang also put his girl at RGPS.
happy.gif
you won't regret.

my fren did PV in Henry Park, end up couldn't put her son there and went back to Nan Hua which is within 1km from her house. kindda waste time... but no school can guarantee PV sure go in cos there are other ppl applying in phase2B like me which the school cannot predict.

CL
last yr was quite heng for NYPS and some other schools. they can limit the number of PV but sometimes still need balloting cos they cannot predict the numbers of affiliation and grassroots etc. so can still be quite risky....

hey hey i tout of trying the edu farm for my boy too. But diff place diff practise, so will be good to check it out before joining =p

Hi CheongQQ,
How old is your boy? Are you looking @ edufarm playgroup? I just called them and was told at the moment they have no vacancy for the branch @ Blk 685C.
I also enquire about the weekly StarTots Gym and StarTots Music. They have not enough number to start classes yet. But StarTots Phonics classes are already ongoing.
My son will only be 18months this June, so will have to wait till then before I can put his name on the waiting list.

icic my boy is 18mths in this apr. I m interested in the startots gym n music too. But hor i think they take in only at 22mths right???

Wat phonics are they teaching, coz i teach my boy zoophonics, so worry tt another type of phonics will confuse him =(

hey keep me in the loop on the edufarm. There is 1 at blk 549, convenient for u>??? not sure which is better hor....

Hi CheongQQ,
They take toddlers from 18months for the startots gym, music and phonics. I was told to only call them back after baby is 18months.

Hi Chicken Little,

How do you find the teacher and school? I'm thinking of transferring both my girls there next year. Do you know when do they start registration? :D

Hi CheongQQ,

Yes, the kindergarten in the church. :D

Nicnat
Actually I find the nursery school teacher very good and My gal loves the school. But my hb was quite put off by the remark the principal told during orientation but overall we are ok.

Other fren's kids who graduated from there says K2 work quite academic so they are quite well prepared. Except they do not introduce HYPY. I personally feel can introduce half a year before P1 if not will suffer a bit like my gal who is totally new to HYPY in P1.

Hi Chicken Little,

Thanks for sharing. BTW what did the principal say?

Your gal's school also did not introduce HYPY? Does she need to put in alot of effort to catch up her HYPY?

Nicnat
PM you info liao.

Actually I am not so concern as HYPY is more like first half of the year and it is a tool like phonics to read. But I am happy with her vocab for chinese as it involved reading a lot.

She need not have much effort just not as strong as her phonics. The only thing actually not realli like no foundation for HYPY but it is like kids nowadays more "potato" so ha ha pronunciation not so accurate so her ying tiao for HYPY will be put wrongly as she goes by her own pronunciation.

Then faintz !!! her ting xie now are in HYPY ha ha she blame her teacher never pronunce like in her list so she put wrongly the ying tiao ha ha

Chicken little,

yah, children definitely more "potatoe". My girls dun like chinese. Esp my younger girl, she dun even want to touch chinese books.

Nicnat
some goes CGM near to Palm Gardens. My nephew goes to Bukit Banjang Methodist church which a lot of CCK pple goes too

Hi Chicken Little,

Icic, do you know any in Yew Tee? My girl dun like to take school bus hence I am looking for one within walking distant. CCK Bible Centre Kindergarten is very near my place.

When I called them yesterday, they said they can only put my girl on waiting list for K2 next year. Hence looking around for other alternative before deciding.

Nicnat
I email you. Church kindy ? Maybe want to check out yew tee cc. Got one call education hb. I think it looks good

BTW
I thinking of selling my place if can get good price. If you have someone you know can refer to me ? [email protected]

Back