Child Adoption

Hi. Forum quite quiet. I also disappeared because baby appeared. Ha ha. I contacted Lovely baby and within 4 days he found me a baby girl whom we went to see and now she is with us.

Thanks little girl, i have registered for pre-adoption briefing in January. Looking forward to the process and ultimately, my baby
happy.gif

I can help to look at those adopted baby's bazi(八字)。

Believe it or not, 八字can tell lots of things of a person. Regardless of religion.

WARNING - Cute baby everybody wants! 可爱的孩子,谁不要?! However, after 18 years, your grown up adopted child may gives you big headache (such as cancer, sick, hooligan, unfilial, bad marriage, spendthrift and etc.)! NOT everybody is fated to deserve have 听话、健康的孩子。

Don't believe, just try yours first (your 八字).

Yeah.. Me just back from Hong Kong ;)
Me still waiting for my baby..........agency tell me have to wait for another month ;( I have waited for abt 3 weeks le. Thought from e forum the waiting would be fast....

You're registered w Alice right? Or did u approach several agencies?

I registered w greenhouse n Alice too. My bb's been w me for 6 weeks already n still no news from either of them.

Met my agent yesterday n he said the waiting time is pretty long now.. He has a long wait list too..

Fret not .. There will be a bb for u when the time is right

Lai ling.. Usually very fast They can identify bb for u. u should hv told us.. Last week my agent sms me that he had a bb in sg and asking me if I hv any friends who want to adopt. But my friend's hsr still not out so couldn't link them.

I think forum all busy with bb already haha ... Now all like octopus.
Undecided : you end up which brand sterilizer?

BellsBells, which agent r u referring to so that I can call them up? Thanks in advance . I did not say out cos e forum are so quiet.....

my agent same as bellsbells...
he also sms me that now got 2 bb girls available...
just to share la.... i not wking for agent hor...
if you guys need his contact can PM us

Undecided : Avent how many bottles can do at one go? Six?
I am using nuk sterilizer can do 7 but I am looking for a bigger one. Cause my Avent big bottles when put inside there can only do max about 5 big plus two slim bottles
Undecided and mary neo ..how yours bb... So fun right new year coming... So envy girl girl got so many cute cute dresses to choose.. When I try to look for boy boy like so boring clothes...

Lai ling you can pm to me. I just don't want to be advertising for him hahaha ;p

Hello ladies,

Would like to check, does anyone know if there's an age limit for adoption, and if there is, is it based on the younger or older spouse's age? TIA!!

Lai ling : after you log in, on the top left hand corner theres an 'edit profile' click that
Once you are in, click on 'preference'
Look for one line that says " Do not send me "Private Message" e-mails from other board users"
Just uncheck that box.
But you must also have a vaild email lah

Than if you want to send private message to us, jus click on our nicks with the underline on the left

Well I think if you are too young... And u hv a valid reason why u need to adopt instead of natural conception. unless medical reasons I think they should allow..

But if you are much older.. Than you also need to give them a reason how you plan to take care of the child.
It's the child's welfare that they need to answer to. The access our suitability to adopt the children.

Esther: heard that you received the citizenship two three weeks bk is that right... Congrats. Me still waiting n waiting... ICA pls hurry up... :p submitted on 11oct ... Hmm wonder when I will receive...

BellsBells,

Thank you for your reply
happy.gif
Just wanted to check cos i'm 31 and my hubby's 41.. Starting on my 1st ivf soon.. If unable to succeed by 3rd try, we'll look at adoption..

Hope you receive the citizenship from ica soon
happy.gif

Bellsbells - yep, it is supposed to take about 6 bottles. But I dun have the big bottles so m not sure if they will all fit! Wow! U have so many bottles? I'm only using 3 ATM !

Hi Ladies

the following is the link for the facebook group
happy.gif

Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u)

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2, click on the link from this page https://www.facebook.com/groups/adoptioninsg/
3. press on join the group
happy.gif

4. please allow 1-2 days for any member to "approve" ur request
happy.gif

Thanks

Hi all,
I tried the link is not working in FB. Can I know usually the baby comes to sg is how many months old? I pref bbs less than 3 months so can bond more. How long is the waiting time for less than 3 months bb girl from registration with agency? Hw's the payment schedule with agency?

Undecided : with three bottles means you need to wash bottles in the middle of the night? I tried to reduced the bottles but the next day I just went to buy more as I just can't manage sigh... As somtimes we can go out as a family for almost whole day. If in that case how to sterilized bottles? I tried using nursing bottles so that u dont need to change the bottles but you still need enough teats to last thewhole day. How you manage?

My back aching from all the bb exercising! Carry up n down up n down got good remedy for back ache?... Got my bb to swim yesterday ... Wasn't as bad as I imagine...

LaiLing : hope you get your bb soon too ok... God bless..

@medievalgal & @cat_quek

you might wanna try this link. But please follow other steps for joining the group.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/adoptioninsg/

@undecided,

i too have 6 bottles for my son. I have to wash & sterilise it daily.its so handy when we go out for the whole day...

@cat_quek
the age, the time it takes for the baby to come to singapore, waiting time for the baby depends on ur agency. there is no specific / standard timing. u need to call the agency individually & check w them. Each agency has their own terms & waiting times.

Bellsbells - yes, I wash n sterilize the bottles after every feed.. N that applies to night feeds too! I'm too anal to leave the bottle till morning. So 3 bottles' really plenty for me.

For outings, I have cold water sterilizing tablets. I use a ziplock bag thou they have containers for it but i dun wanna carry that extra weight.. Just leave the washed bottles in the liquid for at least 15 mins n they can be used again! Saves u the hassle of carrying so many bottles for a whole day out. Of coz, if u r just out for few hrs then just take along the required number of bottles.

Dear all, I m new to this group & a mother of 1. I was wondering if I qualify for adoption since I already had 1 biological child (4yr old)? I am an adopted child myself though my parents already had 2 sons then
happy.gif
i wanted to have more kids but unsuccessful (I am alrdy 40) hence being thinking if I should adopt now or wait another 1-2 years cause my hubby is still not very supportive of the idea due to financial commitment. Does anyone have such issues?

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and had just requested to join in the FB group. Will you add me please? Thanks!

Hi Babycoming, i hope you will hear good news soon.

Hi piscesmommy, i'm new to all these but i really dont think that having a biological child would be a negative at all for adoption.

Hi Finnolia,

Thanks a lot! Its has been 2 months and still no news yet.

Hi all,

Would u be able to share on how long was your waiting time?

undecided : wouldn't it be oily I mean milk hv fats will the sterliZer tablets do without detergent? hmm I am contemplating using those nursing bottles with liners so just throw after use.
already bought the bottles n liners but hv not use.
just received bb citizenship two weeks bk n collected bb passort so not sure if I ready to bring bb overseas haha. just worried about all the sterliZering but good to learn about the sterilizing tablets almost forgotten this one haha easier also..

for those wanting to know how long for citizenship, mine submitted on 11th Oct n I got it Jan. so about 2.5 months.

piscesmummy : I think u can try to get hsr done but be prepared to answer howu plan to disclose to other children n whether u will be prejudice cause the adopted child is not biological ... I mean how will your biological child feel. I mean personally I find that it's ok for u to adopt if you hv seriously thought through n your spouse agreeable.

babycoming: I adopted a son n he came very fast I mean very much depends on what is available n the demand also. some prefer gals cause they are closer to mummy. I was open to either sex cause any baby they are all precious. just that after I had my hsr I dreamt of a boy waving at me that's why I took a boy n so happens a bb boy was available so I thought wow great!

Hi Bellsbells,

Wow, that's amazing and great! Hopefully i dont have to wait too long. We were actually looking forward to have baby with us before lunar new year.

hi ladies,
for those who wish to join the fb group, you would have received a pm in ur fb account from 'gifts at budget price'. that's my id & im the admin of the group. please reply to the pm, if u wish to join. its mandatory to reply, if u wish to join & we would process ur request accordingly.

thanks.

Hi,

I am new to this thread and would like to exchange experiences with other adoptive mums. I adopted a boy and he is coming to 2 1/2 years old now.

Look forward to more sharing.

Hi, BellsBells,

Do you mind sharing the time frame and duration in between
MCYS visit
Final court hearing
Notification to collect BC
Collection of BC
Application of Citizenship

Thanks in advance...

Bellsbells : congrats on obtaining bb's citizenship!!!

Yes, bb formula can be oily, well, is pretty oily actually. If detergent isn't avail, then just wash with some hot water. Hot water's always good for oily stuff. If it's still too oily for your comfort then just pack some detergent w u.. Just need a travel size container n wun take up too much space..

Isn't the liner kinda expensive to use on daily basis?

Hi, I am in the midst of filling my HSR. For the certificate of clearance, do i get it done myself or do i do it thru the agency which i am getting my HSR done?

I am asking because on the checklist. It ask to check with the VWO that we are engaging for the HSR application.

Thanks.

Hi Gary,

After you have registered for HSR with the agency, they will notify MSF, previously MCYS on your behalf. A form will be mailed to you from MSF which you will need to bring to apply for the COC at the police HQ at outram.
Remember to bring photos and passports, and both of you have to be there personally as thumbprints are taken.. There is a few too, and takes about 2 weeks to process before collection.
Hope that helps

Hi! I am new here but have been coming in to see this forum for quite a while. I have got my hsr last yr nov. Till now still waiting for agents to call me. I wonder if there is anyone here facing the same situation as me?

Hi Jas, which agencies did you register with? I would be keen to know the waiting time too since I would be contacting the agencies once my hsr is done.

Back