Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

Joann,
Oh so that boy is really your son. I suspected...
They normally sing marigita and do the pledge during assembly at 9am. Heard them reciting it in both mandarin and english while i was there a couple of weeks ago.

my girl is born in nov'06, so she will be 2.5yrs next mth. I think every child development is different. For my gal, she started walking very late and till now, her motor skill is still not very good. She don't dare to jump like other kids, and her "aiming" skills (for puzzles) also not that good.

I think its a good idea for you to put Jonas there. At least he will have other kids to talk to and that will encourage him to talk more. Especially when my talkative gal is around...hahaha....I think very soon your son will scare of her.

Tell you a joke. Yesterday i ask if she cried over a bottle, she ask me "how do you know?"...so i told her again I got spy in school and she is stunned.

Hurray,

Hahaha. If i'm your dotter I also shock how you know. So funny...

Jonas was the exact oppposite from your dotter. He walked at around 10 months, so motor skills wise quite advanced, can rock climb somemore.. But speech.. Very slow.. Hope my 2nd one talk faster run slower.. Then no need to always catch ;P

Just fetch Jonas back.. The indian teacher told me that he only cry for less then 5 mins after I left, and was singing song while bathing..

Just awhile ago while I was typing, he tickle himself from toe to head and said 'teacher..'. I think they playing something in school which I dunno what. Maybe you can ask your dotter tonight.. hehe

happy.gif
glad that he is adjusting well in school. Phew...

Joann,
Good to know that Jonas is crying less now. Very soon, he'll kiss & wave you bye bye without tears. Jonas so cute, sing and bath, just like an adult. Is Jonas on 1/2 day or full day?

Don't worry about speech. Should be able to speak more once he turn 3. My ex-neighbour's son also started talking at 3. They said boy's speech is usually slower than girls.

I think maybe they're singing the action song "head, shoulders, knees and toes". I heard them sing this 2 wks ago.

HUrray,

My girl is slightly older then your girl she is born in August.
My girl is the same as your girl, She work only when she was 13-14mths. Till now her speech is just feel words and the rest are baby language. Her motor Skills was good and have very very good memories.

Not to worry They will grow up and one day you will see their difference.

Hurray,

Jonas is on full day. But we're very concern about him adjusting to the new environment, so for this week maybe will bring him back around nap or after nap time. I wonder what they do after nap?? Coz i know in the morning after assembly they teach a bit? Then walk around outside then shortly after eat, bathe and sleep.
So not sure if he learns anything before nap..

But as I told hubby, as long as he is happy there, then I'm happy lor.. But also must learn something back lar.. Really hope to hear him speak up more. Today he told me 'friends.. push.. push leh!".. Then I ask him which friend? Then he say 'chin khai'.. Wah lao Chin khai is his name lor!! Think he dunno what I meant... lol

Catherine,
Your gal started school already? Like what Joann said, talk faster walk slower good cos' you don't have to keep chasing..hehehee.

My gal can only walk independently when she's 15-16mths. But she started calling papa at 7mths, and talking in short sentences by 1.5yr. Guess most kids are good at one thing, but slower at the other.

Heard from May the last time that the school will be conducting Speech and Drama for PG2, but not sure when it will commence. My gal has been asking me to enrol her. She everything also want to learn....I told her mummy going broke soon..hahaha

Joann,
Your Jonas so cute...I think he thought you ask him friends push who? Maybe you should ask him who push Chin Khai...hahaha

Talk to him more, throw him questions and let him watch TV to encourage him to speak.

Catherine,
Yes, my gal in PG2. I ask sch to let her skip to nursery, but they refuse. She used to come from another childcare ctr and they put her in nursery when she's 18th mth.

Hurray,

Wahhh your dotter got another girlfriend coming to join her in may liao hehehehe.. Currently only 2 girls in the class i think..

when I pick up my girl yesterday, the PG2 children were doing colouring. I think after nap is 'cool-down' time, b4 mummies come to pick them up

at least your kids can communicate. May say meimei still can't play with other children. she will shout when the gor got jie jie come near. it happens at home too when her own gor gor want to play with her. hope she can express herself faster so that she won't be so cranky

Wan,

Jonas is the same when he was meimei age... Especially towards relative. I express my concern to my PD.. She said that very sensitive children are often like that. They are very sensitive to changes in the environment and will become insecure.

Maybe you can slowly bring the gor gor nearer without her knowing..

It may just be a phase.. Insecurity I think..?

Joann,

I also observed she behaves differently after she starts childcare. eg. she is super-sticky to me and cry over very small things. she was holding on very tightly to her water bottle and soft toy which she brought to CH. when I tried to remove from her to go to sleep, she cried loudly. My hb asked me if someone tried to snatch things from her in CH. May only told me when meimei was going to shower, she asked May to hold the soft toy in case it gets wet. Kristen took the soft toy away from the chair in the bathroom and meimei started crying. insecurity again.

when I pick her up everyday, she also cry. sigh...

Wan,

YUP! Same for Jonas when he was about 2, I sent him for those 2 hr playgroup. Everytime when I pick him up, will cry like as if kena tortured in class.. But after 1 or 2 weeks, he ok liao..

Soft toy... understandable, maybe is her security object.. But water bottle.. Hmmm... Not sure why.

Sighhh kids are sometimes hard to understand these days... But think mei mei needs a lot of assurance and security, thats for sure.

Jonas since started CH 3 days ago, refuse to nap these days. Or nap like 30 mins will wake up cry and look for me. Especially at night, will feel insecure and keep looking for either me or papa, even if we are sleeping next to him, he also can't sleep after that.. sigh.. sleepless nights these days..

meimei woke up few rounds in the night and shout 'mummy' in her dreams. I have mixed feelings about her 'stickiness' cos I never 'enjoyed' this exclusive rights for my son who is closer to my MIL. it's tough on me, but I think I m ready to sacrifice some sleep to make it work!

Joann
There's only 2 gals in PG2, that's why my gal get on very well with the other gal, i thinks she's called Rachel. The teacher told me they are good friends, always want to hold hands. Now Danessa has more friends...she didn't know your son's name, so always tell me the "red colour gor gor". Hee.hee...then today, the Indian teacher told me she take awhile to get to sleep every afternoon. She keep talking and even say got monster....so funny. But they didn't know you started the monster thing...hahahha

Finally, she enter the CC willingly without crying this morning. Instead, another girl was crying when she saw me leaving. Guess that girl mistaken me for her mummy...

Wan,

SAME here!!!! Jonas didn't nap these days. Even if he did, he will wake up halfway and shout for me or tell me he want to shh shh (when he is infact wearing diapers during nap time). I brought him to the toilet as he refuse to pee in the diaper.. Think he saw his classmates not wearing lor.. thats why he didn't want to pee inside also

Hurray,

Yep, the last time I went there, saw danessa holding another girl's hand and sitting at a corner. Then Jonas tried to join in by smiling at them cheekily.. LOL he loves to play with girls.. No idea why...

From today onwards my hubby will be sending him to school.. Cannot spy for you liao hahaha.
Hubby called and told me that he cry like machiam kena tortured like that + he got a bit runny nose so super cranky.. So I just called CH to check if he got runny nose, I will bring him back and see doc and get some rest. Strangely the teacher told me he was okay, no runny nose leh.. Funny...

Anyways gave him medicine so that later he come back will be drowsy.. :p

Joann,
Today i send Danessa to school. Saw alot of boys in her class, but still do not know which boy is your son...
Maybe the running nose is due to crying. He should be getting used to life in CH in another week or so. Anyway, when i reach there ard 8.45am, no kids were crying except for 1 girl. Or maybe Jonas not there yet?

So Jonas will be there full day starting today?

Hurray,

Jonas still not back yet so yup, he's on full day today. He reached school around 8 am today and hubby told me only 3 boys in class. Wah lao he ask me dunno will be bored there or not...

Is it my hubby or is every father like that huh? very kancheong about their son crying?

joann,

If Jonas reach at 8, then you can rest assured that he's not crying or cranky. In fact, i saw i group of kids enjoying their cereal.
i guess very father is the same. My hubby also sms me to check whether Danessa cry when i drop her off. How does Jonas look like? If i drop Danessa off in the morning, i can help you to spy if he's happy or crying...hahaha. My turn to spy!

Hurray,

Jonas is quite tall and lean.. Tanned.. hahaha

Today went to pick him around 4+.. Saw Danessa at the table with her water bottle. Looking around then ask 'Jonas where?'. Think they hang out together a lot and she actually knows his name!

Joann,
Finally got to meet your prince this morning. He was sitting at the table, and when he saw Danessa coming into the room, he walk over. Teacher says they are good friend....

Then last night she told me "Jonas mummy come and pick him up". When i ask is Jonas her good friend, she said "yes" then i ask is Jonas her boyfriend, she said "no" and i ask who is her best friend, she said "Rachel". Hahaha so funny.

Finally the teacher told me last evening that Danessa is taking a shorter time to fall alseep. The last few days, the teacher told me she was chatting during sleeping time and even influence the whole group to talk with her...faint...

Hurray,

was at breakfast this am. Danessa was arguing with the teacher why she should eat the banana cake.

Joann,

meimei tried to 'befriend' Jonas by 'touching' him, but he simply ignored her. I think he prefer Danessa, but she was at the next table

so fun to observe children

Wan,
wow so fast argue with teacher already? I thought she only did that at home with Daddy and Mummy. Hmm...why the teacher don't let her take banana cake? she only allergy to milk, but not cake....weird.

Ya. so fun to see them communicate. Danessa always prefer to play with boys. I'm surprised she told me her best friend is Rachel and she like to play and talk to her. Let me ask if she know mei mei tonight.

Joann,
Last night I ask Danessa what colour clothes did Jonas wear, she told me he wear uniform...then she told me she and Jonas take their shoes from cabinet and walk around the classroom with them. So funny when she describe to me.

Wan,

Saw mei mei sleeping when I went to pick up Jonas around 2:50 pm. Realise there's a very pretty girl in her class... round round eyes..

Hurray,

Haha just now when I went to pick up Jonas, mei mei again ask teacher 'Jonas go where?'.. Then I look at her and say 'Jonas go home..'. Then very cute she pout and her mouth round round de.. haha very cute.. Then teacher ask her go back to seat don't walk around with the water bottle. Think she very attached to her bottle is it? hahaha

Jonas yesterday told me he play with 'chey chey'.. I say that one is not chey chey, is mei mei lar.. hehehe I think he assume all can talk one is chey chey..

Hurray,

Mei mei really can talk leh.. Haha I kena one time from her that time talk non stop during nap time and Jonas also smiling sweetly at her..

hahaha only after I say the monster thing then she stopped... haha.

joann,
Danessa is only attached to her pillow at home. Refuse to take her bottle cos' she doesn't like drinking water. Maybe they keep her pillow, so she has no choice but to take the bottle...hehe

Did they ask u to submit a photo for class activities? I printed 2 for them and ask them to cut to size themselves...hehehe...lazy mummy!

Hurray,

Yep.. They did, gave them Jonas passport foto. Wah think he need to go and take new photos liao..

They also told me Thursday no school, then Good Friday also no school. Wah they long weekend manz.. Monday sure die..

Hurray,

not the teacher dun let her eat. all the children were not interested in their breakfast. so the teacher was trying to encourage them to eat. only Danessa tried to answer the teacher.

I kena summon just parking 5min when I was picking up meimei just now. sianz... must appeal BIG TIME. I req CH to issue a decal for parent's car, but they didn't get back to me yet...

opp swimming pool, between entrance & exit. already sent appeal to URA website last night.

having 2nd tots if meimei is too young for childcare. when I picked her up yesterday ard 6.15pm (already rushed like mad from workplace), May has already left for the day. Indian teacher said she cried when May left. I guess she has to grow to like other teachers too, but at her age, difficult to communicate her needs. what d u tin? should I change to 1/2d and get sch bus? cos my ILs at buangkok, too far to come anchorvale fetch her. or withdraw from CH and look for playgroup at buangkok side? but I really like CH's environment (dunno abt meimei tho). suggestions?

hb ask me not to bring meimei to school today. will sms May later...

wan,
I also illegal park every morning. Kind of pissed off when the lots are full. Worst if its raining. Parking there is a real big problem. I always put hazzard light and park at the round about.

Maybe you can consider 1/2 day first, then slowly switch to full day? Danessa was on half day for 2 weeks before i switch her to full day. So far so good. When she was 18mths, she's with another playgroup (3hrs) at sengkang. Below my IL house. But didn't like the way they operate so i change her to CH. LIke you i find the environment condusive, but not convenient. Everyday rush like mad in morning and evening cos' I stay at serangoon.

Wan,

Really have to see if meimei feels comfortable in school or not? Most importantly if she's happy then no problem.

What time do you normally pick up mei? Can try put her on 1/2 day first until she start adapting then bring on to full day. But school bus also another problem.. She willing to take it alone?

I think at 18 months, yup, she's still too small to communicate her needs and very much still a little baby who is going through seperation anxiety. My little one is going to be 18 month next month.. Will put him in those 2 hrs playgroup when he is about 2...

Anyways, was wondering if they infact learn anything in CH or not.. Coz everytime I go there to fetch my prince, they are either walking around drinking water or they are sitting at their desk eating, or doing nothing in particular..

Hubby was asking me whether the teacher provide me with their timetable. Coz everytime I ask Jonas, he never reply me what they do leh. If I ask him Yes or No question, he always say yes leh..

BTW Jonas cry like crazy again today when I left.. sighhhh... Hubby was on the verge of drawing him out of CH, say that he doesn't enjoy it thats why cry?!?!

Joann,
I was there at 8.30pm and no one was crying. If Jonas was there earlier, then most likely he only cried for a couple of minutes. Danessa told me last nite Jonas said "No" to her. But when i ask why he said "no", she didn't reply just said "Jonas said no to me".

I also did wonder what did they learn as from the time table, seems like the learning portion is only around 1hr. So far, I only see 1 colouring work, 1 "heart" artwork, and yesterday my hubby said he saw a "sunflower" artwork. I ask them for a detail learning schedule like theme/ learning objective for the week, they said all artwork & worksheets will be returned to parents for viewing every fortnight. So far i only receive a "heart" artwork. But Danessa did learn some new songs and start making faces for different expressions like scared, happy, sad, etc.

I requested for Danessa to join the nursery class but was turned down. I scared she will feel bored as when i was there the last time, they teach body parts like eyes and nose, which she already know. Aiyoh, she must be thinking why the same old stuff...hahaha...

I informed Aileen through sms on the carpark issues. she told me already in discussion with SSC. I will send a e-mail to Aileen later for 'official request'. busy with new office stuff now...

difficult to access whether meimei is 'happy' due to her limited vocabulary. u ask her 'happy?' she will reply 'happy'. she is actually referring to the Mr Happy soft toy!

I started my son at nursery only at 4yo, which is too late. so want to try meimei, but mb full day childcare is to 'tramatizing'. if go playgroup, must find near buangkok and fit into my IL's schedule to send and pick her up. they are already bringing my son to PCF every am. MIL taking care of my SIL's bb too. very siong for her, esp after my SIL go back to work after maternity leave...

Hurray,

So they've been doing drawing in class eh? Hmmm Jonas never feedback to me what he learnt. Though may be too early to tell or too traumatic for him haha

We went there at 9 am today.. No wonder u never hear any cries lor.. Everytime I ask Jonas 'did u play with danessa today?" he will say "yes". Then I ask him play what.. he will look at me with blur look..

They got a new playground behind.. did you notice? Heard there will be those moving toy cars for the kids to play with later on..

Wan,

I think quite shiong for your MIL too..

Maybe can put mei mei on half day first and take school bus... I agree full day is too traumatic, even May initially tell me to put Jonas on half day first so that he won't have a phobia of going to CH...

joann,
hahaha so the cries come after i left...I heard from May last time there will be a new playground behind, but have not seen it yet. Wow, moving car? That's Danessa's favorite. She has been pastering me to buy 1 for her but i refuse. I suspect they learn different expression this wk cos' Danessa suddenly show me all the different facial expression. Oh yeah, she told me Jonas cried yesterday during nap time cos' he dreamt. He keeps calling mummy daddy. Dunno true or not....

Hurray,

Yep.. He cried after nap time looking for us. Today went to pick him saw Danessa eating his snack happily.. Then she said "Jonas mummy come to fetch Jonas". Wah her speech really quite advanced.

She seems to enjoy school a lot.

Yesterday so sad, the indian teacher told me that Jonas everytime only cry for papa seldom cry for me..

Feel abit disheartened to know that. Then I told her because I am quite strict with him, so he know I won't spoil him...

But still.. a bit sad lor...
sad.gif

mummies,

I'm contemplating to withdraw meimei from childcare. I may have started her too early as she can't communicate her needs. last night, she had the 1st nightmare since birth. struggling, screaming away. my hb told me he is heartbrokened to see meimei 'suffer' at this young age.

I really dunno what's best for her at this stage. stay at home with MIL & baby until she is old enough to attend 2hr playgroup next year?

Wan,

Go with your mothers instinct. If you think its right, it probably is.

BTW, did you ask May if she is crying the whole day or she's contented playing with toys / friends?

Don't worry about the nightmare part. Its common at this age to have nightmares, my big one was worst at 18 months. Cry and scream for hours at night until I have to go see doctor to find out whats wrong. But they'll get over it.. My doc told me I may have exposed him to too much activities b4 bedtime, thats why he dreams about it and his brain can't rest well.

Have a great weekend.. before starting all over again on monday.. sighh..

Joann,

I think for PG1, the children take turns to cry, esp the girls. when they are occupied with activities, they will forget mummy for a while. when they are having breaks, they will suddenly remember mummy is not around. it happens at home nowadays. she is ok until she noticed I am not with her. she will go 'mummy, mummy' again. poor thing!

my son used to have nightmares. so I'm used to dealing with crying kids. but meimei was an easier bb since birth, so her nightmare is an indication of something she is trying to express. or am I thinking too much?

I must say CH is a good childcare, even if I withdraw meimei. and nice knowing all mummies here!

Wan,

You got to be firm with putting mei mei in CH. Overcome it now then when she grow older she will have hard time to overcome it. Since already started don't give up ok?

Not to worry Mei mei will be fine. Everyday talk to her tell her going school is fun there are teachers and friends around don't be afraid. She will understand. assure to her tat mummy will come and bring her back.

meimei is too young for these. she won't understand. now if I just walk away for a min, she will cry 'mummy, mummy'. the whole family is paranoid now...will discuss with May next Mon on the necessary arrangements

Back