Breastfeeding Infection

LilyG

Hi all,

I would like to share my experience with having difficulties to breastfeed my child back in 2013.

Just like any other mums, I decided to do full time breastfeed instead of choosing formula for my Newborn girl, but unfortunately, that didn't last for 2 weeks. Why? Not because I simply give up, but I had a severe pain and burning sensation everytime I finish breastfeeding my child, Yes.. I mean every single time. And it would last me suffering in silence for an hour. I tried putting on cabbage but nothing works. Therefore, I quit breastfeeding.

I went to the poly to seek for advice, none of them can explain to me the reason why. So I did my own research by googling and all, it occur because I was having a yeast infection during my last trimester of pregnancy, and didn't put the lotion given by my gynae and so when I Deliver my child, those yeast eventually went into my baby's mouth. (from what they explained in some forum)... They have a name for it but I've forgotten what is it called.

To any mummies who tried to breastfeed but feel a fiery burning feel, I suggest u stop to breastfeed. I do not know of any medicine or remedy for it... Relatives were laughing at me when I told them the reason cos none of them went through it before. It saddens me deeply to have people making fun of u for the thing that u suffer in pain.

Just sharing. I'm going to give birth with my second born soon, I'm praying and hoping that there'll be no problem this time round.

Back