Boon Keng Mommy's Club

Bel22,
Just to share. base on a potty training from the library.
1) can train once baby can sit without support e.g. 6 months onwards (our kid way pass that)
2) objective is instill that potty is part of the routine like drinking milk, eating and sleeping. Not so much to train them to tell us when they need to go on their own. E.g. wakes up from sleep/nap, after breakfast, before bath, etc.
3) start with potty instead of the toilet bowl as they feel more secure/comfortable (wouldn't fall easily) and ease to poo which legs on the ground than above the ground. Most importantly, they can reach for a potty without assistance compared to going on a toilet bowl.

Somehow I agree with her on point 2, cos now difficult to include potty/toilet as part of her routine. It is more like a chore to her. Too late for me to implement point 3, if not she may be confused.

Celeste, can save on day diaper very good liao.

Hi Reiner,

Oh really? hee hee... i think she's rather sweet and quiet gal... :)
Yup, #2, boy.
Chosen TMC for delivery.
Hw abt u?

ha ha... "sweet" on my gal??

#2 shall be @ RH...

curious hor... your girl name is from you own or got from the shifu to cal one eh?

Diana,
I hoping to save on night diaper also. Because her skin more sensitive so need to use "better" diapers
sad.gif
I calculate even when i buy during those offers also costs bout $0.40+ to $0.50/pc cos she wearing XL liowz and I letting her use Huggies Ultra which is quite good and absorbs well
happy.gif

Celeste
Yalor, very heartpain whenever I buy diaper. used to buy drypers now price increase change to pet pet. Night diaper is mamypoko so ex! Try Pet Pet for night, cannot absorb and will hv rash
sad.gif

Diana,
Yes agreed! My #1 can only take Mamy Poko or Huggies Ultra as night diaper. Even Pampers Active also cannot will cause her rashes
sad.gif

Hi, mummies..

I'm ever come here once, on and off will browse through the posting here. My son is stay with my mil at Boon Keng, St. George lane during weekday.

Thinking of putting him to playgroup or childcare when he reach 2.5yrs or 3yrs old. Now he is 25 months. May I know that is there a playroup for 3hrs nearby? Any recommendation for childcare or playgroup? How is the charges nowadays?

Hi Celeste Blur,

Thanks for sharing! Does Care Corner toilet trained the newbie?

Hi Diana,
Tks for sharing on potty trained! Hmmm... I did try to put him on potty but he took the potty as hat, ... u see ... naughty boy right! He wants to use toilet bowl instead cos he like to play with the cover and flush! He sometimes bluff me say he want go shhshhh... pull me to toilet bowl and ... nothing come out at all...
But nowsaday he wanna poo poo, he will tell me... hopefully he will tell me everytime and soon can tell me he wants to pee...

I went to buy the mamakoko pull up value pack at ntuc but no stock for XL .... wanna try whether is it good!

Huggies ultra is good but expensive! I let my son use for night times ... My son when he is around 13 mths already used XL liao so ... expensive ..... really hope he can soon be toilet trained so that no need to waste so much $$ on diapers ... now even worse ... using pull up pants even more expensive ....

Hi Evelyn,
I am staying at St george and if you are looking at 3hrs playgroup. maybe you can check it out at Blk 4C st george lane. There is a 3hrs session there. Hmmmm ... not sure the numbers and school name... maybe when i pass by I go take a look and let you know then....

Hi bel22,

Thks for the info, so you are also staying at St George Lane, there is 3hrs playgroup? It might be a good choice for us, as very near to my mil place.

I ever pass by the childcare, but seem it is not that big space hor. How about the childcare or playgroup of carecorner, or any other recommendation. Think I may need to list out a few choices and go down to take a look in these few weeks.. just do a survey and comparison lor..

Thks ya.

HI Evelyn,

You are looking at 3hrs or ChildCare? Cos for me, I put my son at ChildCare centre as I am a FTWM.
If you put your son at CC for half a day, the fees is not so much different as full day leh. So is depend on what you want.
For me, I put my son at Creative Star near Boon Keng MRT Exit C. But may consider other childcare eg: CareCorner or so cos the fees at Creative is increasing soon.

hi mummies,
any nanny to recommend in the area? which place provides infant are on ad hoc instead of monthly basis? me going back to work soon n scared in laws suddenly cannit care for baby . thanks =)

precious bb,
acsension @ st. andrew's village. i bring my girl last 2 weeks. ok leh.. mil biased...

celeste,
i ferry my brood to mil place @ st. george weekdays @ ~ 8:30am with maid. my girl will bath, dress, eat something then go n1 @ ascension @ 11:30am for 3 hrs.. me bring her now. when i go back work, will be mil bring her...

Diana,
got school bus, but mil do not think ok to dump her on bus.. but maybe next yr..

Halo mummy,

Where is ascension? N1 means toddler for 3 yrs old?

bel22,
Erm, actually thinking just put him for about half day or 3 hrs, just let my mil have a few hrs rest and my boy able to play and socialize with the kids at playgroup. He will be 3 yrs old next year.

My hubby and me think that unless nobody can help us take care of my boy or there is no.2, else we may just let him attend half day or 3 hrs session at the childcare or playgroup. Do heard that for childcare, half day and full day not much different..erm.. maybe need to check and decide for it. Hope I'm able to find a not bad playgroup or nursery with 3 hrs session.

What do you think of creative star? Is it beside the Mc donald? How is the charges after subsidy for working mum for the childcare of full day?

Hi Evelyn,

Creative is not beside the Mc Donald, not sure what school is that! As for Creative star location, yes what reiner said, is at Blk 5 boon Keng, MRT exit C.
For Creative Star, the fee for PG is $280 after subsidy, however, they will adjust their fee is $360 from July onward for existing students. For New students, not sure when...
Maybe you can refer to this link for other child care rates,
http://app.mcys.gov.sg/web/serv_dss_main_result_criteria.asp
For 3hrs playgroup at st george 4C let me go and find out the number and give it to you ya!

ascension is in st andrews
is kg not cc. think no cc svcs

bel>> ur link dun include rates leh

no one use nanny? all put ifc or cc?

Hi Evelyn,

The 3 hrs session at ST George's Lane 4C is called Staint's Elmos, the number is 63678220.
You may call and check it up!

Hi Big foot,
For the link, you have to click on the left hand side childcare services. From there, you choose the childcare you want, and double click on it. It will show the rate, contact number and etc

Evelyn,
I think there is a playgroup at Blk 4C as mentioned by bel22. I went there to take a loook before but I don't really like the environment that much because it doesnt look bright and airy there.
I walked past the one at the playgroup beside McDonald before also. Think its situated inside the RC?
happy.gif
But never went in before so not sure how it is.
If you actually considering half day can put ur child in Carecorner. I quite like the teachers there especially my ger's form teacher Teacher Siti and the chinese teacher Mrs Lye
happy.gif

bel22,
That time CareCorner told me they will try to help us train too because the kids they accept are 2yro and above so they more or less think they will be prepared for toilet training already. But usually they will let your child wear diaper during afternoon nap for those in PG classes unless you tell them ur child is already toilet trained
happy.gif

Ya agree Huggies Ultra is exp thats why I usually stockup when there is offer! *lol*.

Celeste/boon/bel22/leereiner,

Thks for the info. Yah, i use the MCYS website to shortlisted some nearer CC/PG. I do feel that the env of 4C not that good lor, though it has the cheapest price among them.

May consider CareCorner or one CC located at Whampoa, but just afraid when raining, a bit troublesome for mil to bring my son over. However, I decide to pay a visit for the shortlisted CC...Hope able to find a not bad one.

Should there is anymore info of boon keng CC/PG, do keep me updated yah...

Dear mummies,

One more question, may I know that the price from the MCYS website is before or after subsidy? Subsidiary only for CC, if half day is 150 and whole day is 300? Hmm...

evelyn & bigfoot,
ascension have childcare. @nearby potong pasir.

the kindy is at st. andrew's village. entrance at jln toa payoh. my DD is 2.5 yrs old..

Hi evelyn,

e web is b4 subsudy. just curious! how much is the charges for 4C since you mentioned is the cheaper!

CC at whampoa is it Ci You? do update me after you paid a visit over at ut shortlisted cc ya!

Hi bel22,

I ever request a brochure of Saint Elmo, Blk 4C when I passed by after work. Hmm, think I better do a visiting, after the comparison then inform you how is the env and prices bah.

Yah, the CC at Whampoa is Ci You. I just know that PCF of Jalan Besar which beside the Boon Keng MRT also have Nursery for 3 yrs old, and the registration in May (This info from my mil neighbour, her daughter is attending nursery now), I shall try to call the centre and check for more details.

hi mummies
fyi. i have decided to withdraw my son from creative due to negligence of teacher n management. my son was unwell these 2 months on n off, school din call n check the status at all. when his condition stabilised i send him back to school again, i hightlighted to the school n inform mrs wong to call me if my son cough or cry during day, i din receive any calls but when my mother fetch my son his voice was diff then we realised he been crying non-stop, mrs wong just simply denied everything, very dissapointed.

Hi Baobei,

Oh no! How's your son now? Is he better? I can understand cos over there they have their own reasons. Me thinking to withdraw too ... and the main reason is also the fee lah! The fees is seems to be for those CC that have air con but over here fee is high and no air con.
So which cc you plan to put your son in?
Do encourage your son to drink more water ya! You take care!

hi bel
thanks.. my son now resting at home n he is better liao but he need to on inhaler for one month. Maybe i will enroll him for half-day care at whampoa market (NTUC).

Hi Baobei,

At least feel more relieved to hear that your son is better now.
Half day NTUC at whampoa market? where is it? near boon keng?

oh baobei, hope your son is recovering and better now. I can fully understand your decision to pull him out. Hope he will be able to adjust well to the new CC. Thanks for sharing, after hearing yr feedback I'll closely monitor especially when my gal is sick.

Bel, which CC r u considering to switch yr son?

Thanks Baobei!

Hi Diana,

How are you? How's everything and your gal?
Me think of putting him at Care Corner or the YWCA, but yet to go down and see or to understand their circculum. Other than this, I don't have much choice I think cos others CC are not near MRT or so.
But I do have concern, don't know to switch or not to switch! I worried on whether my son can adapt to the new environment, new teachers or not. He is adjusting well from Infant care then to PG and is used to the teachers at Creative.Just adapting well and mummy may switch him again!!
A lot of worries ..... if I don't switch now then when should I switch? I believe Creative will increase their fee next year or so again. I can say that their fee increase one time is quite a lot! Somemore the teachers over at Creative are new and don't have much experience. For example, I am trying my best to have a 2 ways traffic to the teacher by writing down on the communication book but teacher seldom reply or write anything on it. When I ask her, she say she is too busy to pen down any notes. Another example, I had informed her n Mrs wong that every evening at home, I let my son wear diaperless, I will as and when bring him to toilet to try to pee. Requesting them if possible during the day, help to introduce toilet to my son. Had let him wear pull up pant but teacher feedback that the pull up pant overflow and she has more students now and not possible to bring him to the toilet. Seems like my efforts had gone down the drain. Fan!

Hi, I'm thinking to sign-up with a Cherie Hearts (Macpherson branch), it's located very near Potong Pasir MRT. Any feedback on that centre?

Bel22
Ya, there isn't very much CC for us to select around our area. Creative is by far the most convenient location for us. It is on the way to work and within walking distance from home.
My gal is ok, did see improvement in toilet training. Morning she will seat on the toilet bowl b4 shower and most times she manage to poo and pee. But still have to persuade her to do so at times. If I don't get her to the toilet in time she will poo in her diaper. Once back from CC, she will be on her panties (no diaper) till bath time before bed. There are a couple of accidents, there are the rare moment she will say she needs to go toilet.

I'll be keeping her at Creative review again end of this year. Agree that the fee increase is quite alot but she is learning quite a bit and comfortable with teachers and friends so don't wish to rock the boat now. Unless something happens...

baobei_sean,
hope your boy is better now....maybe creative's standard have dropped cos last time when my ger was there whenever she is sick and didnt go school mrs wong will call and check with me one. But I do agree that Creative's fees is getting on the high side
sad.gif

I still think CareCorner is the most value for $ one. After working mother subsidy is only $120/mth and I pay additional $34 for her speech n drama class once a week there.
happy.gif

littlewonder,
I think the Cherie Hearts is not say very near to Potong Pasir MRT? I think its located in Infineon at Kallang Sector/Macpherson there? If so need to walk bout 10mins min. to Potong Pasir MRT I think.

Hi Ladies,
happened to chance upon this thread.. I am putting up at Upper Boon Keng, my boy is 21mths and have just started attending Agape Little Uni....
Hope to be able to exchange info and get to know more about our neighbourhood!!

Cheers

hi celeste blur,

can i say that previously your ger is at creative and then u switch her to carecorner?
just want to find out more detail as i m thinking of switching my son over too.
1) can she adapt well to the new environment?
2) any negative u see from her for this switch? is she more happier?
3) are the teachers over there foreigners teachers or local teachers?
4) how about the circculum over at care corner?

appreciate it!

Hi,

It's not the Cherie Hearts @ Infineon building. It's quite a newly setup branch along Siang Kuang Ave (near the ex-Jason Food Centre).

In fact, I went down to take a look, it is a private property with it's own playground, sandpit and a children motorway... pretty cool.

The branch manager seems pretty nice lady to talk to.. I may consider putting my love there. Thks.

Hi Ken-ma,
my gal is @ agape, in N1...

Hi bel22,
my gal switched to agape from creative... she's very okay... ha!!! the cooking auntie and teachers said my gal is "experience" one... she's already know what to do when she is send there in the am.... hee... creative more or less had "trained" my gal to adapt to cc life... mrs wong did call up when my gal was sick, didnt go cc leh... maybe now they have more biz, too busy with the kids, diff to make call or ans call leh... std drop??

err... maybe you can bring your son to see/ view Carecorner and then decide...

btw, hong wen called me rgd the PV... the in-charge said me is too early lor... hmmm... err... to kiasu leh... so gotta call again when my gal is in K1... sigh!!! tot can make use of the maternity leave to do the PV... no choice liao lor... gotta save up my annual leave by then....

Hi Reiner,

Tks! Tks for your input!
Cos I do hear a friez saying that she tried to switch her son from a more exp cc to a less exp cc, the son don like it and can't adapt! Then in the end, she need to switch back again!
That's y I am worried!

I will bring him to familiar ard first before deciding thanks!

Huh ... need to wait till K1 then register is it?
need so long ... cannot do PV first? me tots of registering too ... hee ... also kiasu!

ya lor.. gotta wait till neck long long... and gotta save annual leave too wah... my working pl is so far away from hong wen, think have to take 1 day leave to do 1/2hr PV, what a waste leh... hmmmm.... gotta chop those need long hrs one or else how to complete the 40hrs...

ya there the same happened to another gal in my gal's class too... she's from more ex/ branded cc switch to agape, she cried everyday... her mummy bo bian gotta switch her back to the org cc.... but agape teachers always patience with her, carry her, sayang her but no help @ all...

Hi Leereiner...
Geez.. so my son n ur gal r sch mates!!how long have ur gal been in Agape?How do u find the CC ah?

she is in agape in oct/nov'08... okie lor... my gal says she likes the agape, she's happy so me is okay lor... wont expect much or higher std lor... contented that agape is at our pl, save everybody's logistic trouble... err... agape is better than creative lor, brighter, cleaner, airy, organized.... at least till now there's no change of teachers at all...

btw, what's your jr name eh? mind to disclose here? hee...

so far we have eshley jing han with esh_mummy, my gal ying ham....

Hi Leereiner..
My boy's name is Kendrick.. Just joined earlier this week...
so r u staying close to Agape? We might be in the same neighbourhood too!!

Back