Boon Keng Mommy's Club

hi hi,
so there's another children's classmate... hee hee :)

This is fun.... :p
Hi hi Ken, as Reiner had said, my gal is Eshley Jing Han from NI, agape too.... :)

Hi Leereiner/Esh Mummy
hehe.. this new classmate should be quite easy to identify.. cos he was screaming and crying for the whole of this morning...

hi mummies!

I'm new to this thread, staying at St George's Lane.
Have a 10 months old baby boy.

Hope to know more mummies staying in Boon Keng area!

hey me too st george hehe
oink, my baby only 5+ month =)

do the kindergartens here have open house?
or how do we arrange viewing or for more info?
anyone got the rates for the nearby schools?
PAP, St Elmo's, Care corner or those at bendemeer side?
any comments or comparisons of each?

haha KS mummy

hi bel22 and bigfoot

I'm staying at Blk 4B.
My parents in law are currently looking after my boy. But I do have the intention to send him to either those half day or flexi hours cc/kindergarten so that he can learn to be independent.

Trying to catch up on which cc is good and nearby (Boon Keng or Farrer Park) so that my father in law can help send and fetch my boy.

Hi boon keng mommies,

I have been staying at mcnair road for almost 3years, just chanced upon this thread. My DS is 1 year old and attending infant care too. Looking around for a nanny who can offer emergency care services as I do not have parental support. Please recommend if you have any contacts, thanks.

Hi Oink,

Such a coincidence, me also staying at Blk 4B hee ... we are neighbour ...
happy.gif

You are staying with your in law?

Hi Playpen,
Which infant care is your girl attending?
Your emergency care is referring to ... when girl not well, nanny can take over or ??

hi bel22

yes, we are neighbours!
im on the 12 floor, how about u?
perhaps we have seen each other in the lift.
im not staying with my in laws, they are staying in farrer park.
every morning i will bring my boy over to their place and bring him home after work.

how old is ur kid?

Hi Oink,

I am staying at 5th level. Maybe we met before hee hee ... so nice to know you through here.

My boy is 20 mths old. He is in infant care since 2 months old.

You bought second hand flat? How long have you been staying here?

hi bel22

yup, i bought 2nd hand in June 2006, moved in Jan 2007 after my wedding.

which infant care is your son is enrolled in?

Hi bel22,

My son is in TPY Safra's Kinderland now but will be withdrawing him soon due to the distance. I am looking at emergency care, like when he's sick and me and DH cannot take leave or when we are both out of town.

Hi Playpen,

oic, hmm ... I know that creative childcare did provide emergency care, maybe u want to check w them.

hi bel22,

me delivered... baby BOI... 3 weeks earlier than the edd... now doing confinement... very bored... ha!!!

Hi Reiner,

Congratulation! wow ... delivered in weeks 37, natural or c-section? congrat! is a baby boy.... wow ... just nice ya! one boy n one girl .. hee hee can consider stop production liao ... u must really take care ya during ur confinement! do show us ur baby photo ya!

Reiner!

forget to ask you, when you delivered? is it yesterday 21 mar 09? u going to take full 4mths maternity leave? must enjoy ya!

Hi Reiner,

Congrats.... :)
so nice,me still waiting n waiting.... EDD supposed to be 7th April..... hee hee, enjoy ur confinement,.....

Btw, hw's Ying Han coping with new sibling?

hi Reiner

Congrats to your new bundle of joy! i had mia from this thread for some time and so happy to share your joy when i come here.

delivered on 18 Mar... and this date is our wedding date too... via natural w/o epidural... ya taking 4 month maternity leave...

my gal is not very welcome of this didi lor... me still working hard to be with her whenever she wanna me... btw me is doing my confinement @ my mum's pl.. so gotta see my gal over weekend - sat or sun only....

Hi Reiner,

wow .... concide with wedding date ... is a very good date leh! wow ... thumb up to you, via natural w/o epduiral some more .... if me I don't know I can take it a not!

Maybe is initially that gal still can't accept another baby bah ... will soon able to accept .. not to worry!

HI playpen

can feedback on the kinderland? I'm so happy to find this boon keng thread. my parents stay at bendemeer road and I'm looking for a good nusery sch for her and have actually shortlisted ascension and kinderland..

Hi Leereiner..
Happy birthday to Ying Ham...saw the cookies in kendrick's bag...Looks so cute dat we dun bear to eat it...keke...

Hey Leereiner,

Happy Birthday Ying Han!! Thank you for distributing the yummylicious cookies to the infant care group! =) So thoughtful of you..Did you buy the birthday cake to celebrate at the centre? When I saw the packet of cookies, I find the name very familiar! Then I remembered, it's one of the forum mummy's kid! haha =P

Congrats on the birth of your newborn too! Your number 2? Do you plan to put your newborn to infant care?

didnt get birthday cake to celebrate @ agape... just got the cookies for the centre... are they nice??

number 2 will be taken care by MIL after me finish the 4 months maternity leave... then my sis-in-law daughter will be going to agape.... replaced by my #2... hee!!!

btw, do you all go to the excursion on 27 apr with your kid?

Hi Reiner,
27 excursion, we'll let eshley go alone, i can't accompany her anyway... hee hee...
Baby decided to come out on 3rd April, 4 days b4 edd. rite now doin confinement too... new one is fine, eshley loves di di and whenever he cries, she'll let me know and also on the verge of crying... hee hee... i find it so funny n warm....

Congrats to Esh mummy and Leereiner. Enjoy your maternity leave!

bel22, how's yr boi boi? Will you be attending the MTP session next month?

Any mummies have experienced with Berries Chinese Enrichment at Mountbatten CC or Orchard? Thought of sending my gal for the N1 trial.

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your concern! My son lost appetite recently ... not sure why? But Creative says he has no problem in school. Hmmm .... MTP? What is that? Mother Tongue Programme? I don't have this information leh! I only know there have this phonics programme and asking us to pay $20++ for the material cost!

Hi mummy,

Yoh, I have done a visiting to nearby childcare & PG. Just share with you
happy.gif
and what I check the nursery or PG is based on my child which intend to send him next year, when he turns 3 yrs old.

1) SAINT ELMO
Blk 4C, St. George Lane
Tel : 90235983, 81215955
PG : $145/mth, 2.5 hr

Personally don't like the env, a bit small and feel the hygienne is not that well.

2) CARE CORNER
Blk 14, ST GEORGE'S ROAD, #01 - 70, SINGAPORE 320014
62982543 - TAN TIEN SER
HD(AM) - $300, FD - $420
The charges will be increased in Oct
Oct - $370(-150=$220),
- $520 (-300=$220)

3) CI YOU INFANT & TODDLER CARE CENTRE
- Vegetarian
Blk 114, WHAMPOA ROAD, #01 - 123, SINGAPORE 320114
62511768, 63551433 - IVY TEO
HD - $320(-150=$170), FD - $470(-300=$170)

Except the distance is not that near to my mil place, overall the place and teacher is good.

4) Early Learning @BrightYears LLP
Blk 22, Boon Keng Road, #01-09, Singapore 330022
Tel: 8223 4238 Miss Heng
8:30 ~ 10:30, 10:45 ~ 12:45, 11:30 ~ 1:30
2hrs - $180

5) PCF - Jalan Besar
BLK 106, Towner Road.
6298-5650
3 hrs Nursery ( 4 yrs old )

6) PCF - Whampoa
BLK 85, Whampoa Drive.
2 hrs Nursery 30 mths - $154

7) Ellim Kids (Church)
3.5 hr for N1 - $550 (10 wks)
$220 / monthly
8.30am ~ 12pm
12.15pm ~ 3.45pm

8) Cannan Church
2 hrs for PG - $380 (10 wks)
$152 / monthly

Will pay a visit to Cannan church (Am I spell correct?) on thur, which is very near to Care Corner, will then update again. Anybody know of this church PG?

Bel, hope your boi boi apetite is back to normal. MTP = meet the parent session. I'm glad that they starting phonics though but yet to look at the materials.

Evelyn, you can check out Kim Keat Christian Church Kindergarten located at Beng Wan Road opp. Elim Church.

Hi Diana,

Tks ya! MTP = meet the parent session ... hee ... I am so blur ya in term of the abbreviation. MTP
But the meet up is on weekday leh, need to take leave liao.
hmm ... for PG I have checked with the teacher but they say she has no idea on this phonics at all. Puzzled leh!

Hi Evelyn,
I have the Kim Keat Church no, 62941665, 91474667. Manage to take down the other time when I went there to take a look! Due to no full day CC facilities therefore did not make enquiry at all.

Hi Evelyn

My gal is in full day CC at Creative Star. Both my mum and mum-in-law not staying near us. One in Yishun the other in Jurong so have to go full day CC.

Hi Diana,

Oh I see..Ya, if no pil helping to take care of them, only solution is put them in CC. For child, they can be earlier exposure to learn socialize and independence, not that bad as well.

I have pay a visit to the Canaan church kindergarden. My mil, hubby and me likes the kindergarden very much, though the price cannot be say very affordable, but think that is current market price bah.

It takes as a 10wks term school fee payment, $480 for a term. And my child can only enrol for next yrs class, as they start from 3 yrs old, pre-nursery class, the duration is 3 hrs. There are 2 session, 8.15am ~ 11.15am/ 12.30pm~3.30pm.

It just located near to the care corner childcare centre. Behind the church, there is a outdoor playground, everyday the kids has a time for the outdoor play. The teachers are friendly and professional. And they are more on English base. As my child at home will communicate with us with Chinese, thus hope the nursery will give him the English basic env. Mostly I will registered my child at Canaan church for the next year pre-nursery.

Any mummies know the nursery charges of PCF? Thks.

Hello fellow BK mummies,

Any of you engaged a part time maid? I'm going to have my first baby in Aug and doubt will be able to cope with housework by then.

If any recommendations, do let me know, thanks!

Hi Joia,

Which blk are you staying? My boy is stay with my mil during weekday, thus I'm half familiar with Boon Keng. Din use of any part time maid, but I can check with some of my fren. Thks.

Hi everyone,
Jus found this thread.. may i join in?
My baby girl is coming 22months old.

Anyone of you starting playdate together? would like to come and join sometimes..

Hi Evelyn,
I'm staying in Blk 108B. Thanks in advanced
happy.gif

So you're staying in Boon Keng or your MIL stays in Boon Keng?

harlow got part time maid contact, i oso keen =) thanks

evelyn>> wow very comprehensive! u din check out bestcare montesorri and creative star?

Hi Evelyn,

Do you happen to know of any babysitter in boon keng area? I am looking for one for my 14mths DS.

Thanks in advance :D

Joia, my mil stay at Boon Keng. Hee..

Juz Us, where is bestcare montesorri? Mostly I will look for a PG or childcare centre nearby my mil place at St. George. More convenience for her. I know that creative star is not that near to her.

playpen, I not very sure of any babysitter in boon keng area.

Hi all,
I'm a MTB staying at McNair Road. Just stumbled onto this thread.

May I know if any mummies with babies in infant care? I was shortlisting infant care centers and just went to Creative Star to have a look.

May I know if any one has any experienced with the below 3 infant care centers? Any comments? I'm a bit confused at why the rates differs so much.

CI YOU INFANT & TODDLER CARE CENTRE
114, WHAMPOA ROAD, #01 - 123, SINGAPORE 320114
Infant Full Day $800.00

AGAPE LITTLE UNI (KALLANG) PTE. LTD.
5, UPPER BOON KENG ROAD, #02 - 20, MULTI STOREY CAR PARK, SINGAPORE 380005
Infant Full Day $1400.00

CREATIVE STAR KIDSCAMPUS
5, BOON KENG ROAD, #01 - 84, SINGAPORE 330005
Infant Full Day $1250.00

Hi Lamagier,

Just to share!

My son was put in infant care eversince he is 2 months old. Previously he was in one of the infant care at SengKang till 14 months then transfer over to Creative.
Well I can say that different rate due to different environment and also the teaching materials. For example, Ci You is non air con. I went to Ci You b4, pay the register fee but after that back out due to the way the teacher treat the kids. For agape and creative is air con. Well, my son was in Creative till 23months. Pulling him out from creative this month end. Feel that they are getting unprofessional and the services are getting bad to worse.

Hi Diana,

How are you? Long time did not hear from you.
Well, I will be placing him to YWCA with effect from jun 09.
Can see that Creative is not improving after feedback to the owner. The teachers turn over rate seems to be high and really feel that the increase in fee is unjustifiable.If your gal needs extra blue colour shorts, do let me know! I can pass to you.

Thanks for the feedback bel. Seems like creative star is really not as professional as they sound, judging from what i read in the archives of this thread. Oh dear....

I did get a somewhat not that comfortable feeling when talking to the in-charge at creative star yesterday. I guess it's still best to go check out AGAPE then.

Back