Boon Keng Mommy's Club

hi blur,
my girl yet recover from her cough leh... already restricted her from those cyn goodies... me is down from cough too... sianz...

hi precious,
saw there are 2 names in the infant @ agape...
me cant expect much of the teachers leh coz already contented that agape is just next block of my hse... so far the teachers for N1 are okie to me lor.... at least no see any -ve things on my girl... err... where are you staying eh? pardon my short memory hor...

last fri, agape had the cyn "performance" from PG to K2 and even from Teachers & the principal. saw my girl handicraft works put up on the walls...

Hi bel22

I check out small world. Impressed with their curriculum. At the entrance, they put up the whole year and monthly curriculum. Daily timetable, menu, etc. But I'm not comfortable with the space, I find it cramp.

I met with the Principal Ida, Mr & Mrs Wong last Sat and was pleased with the improvement/changes they are doing. Therefore will let my gal stay put at Creative for this year and review again end of the year.

How do I pass you the DVD?

Hi Diana,

I am going to be staying in Cityview and looking for CC or PG. Besides Creative Star which I dun like the sound of, what are the nearby centres I can consider? Where is Small World?

Mummie know any Learning Vision outlets nearby?

Hi Diana,

Happy Chinese New Year!

Tks for your information!

Can share with me what are the improvement / changes Creative will do?

Thanks for the DVD, how much should I pay u? I am fine with any arrangement eg: meet in school or pick up from your place ... I usually pick my son around 630pm, how about u? Wanna meet up in the evening? any days of the week. For sat, me is also fine w it cos i also put him there for half a day so that I can have some time to do my housework.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi maomi

Small World is located at Geylang Bahru and it is not near to Boon Keng MRT.

The nearest LV shd be KK hospital, you may also check out those CC located at Katong area.

Hi Bel22
toilet trained during the day is trained by me, i started during my son on half-day care, when he back from school, we will ask him to pee and bring him to toilet every 1-2 hours, train him during weekend for whole day, he oni wear diaper during his afternoon nap and night. Remind him to tell as and when.. we also inform the school tat he is on toilet train. Be prepared cos sometimes he just dun tell or too late to tell..

Hi Diana
Thanks for reminding, i din have a chance to ask for the reading programm, i must check with Mrs Wong n take a look both English and Chinese tis coming sat.. Fyi. School requested to pay $5 for tis year insurance.

Hi Baobei,

Tks! So now your son at creative star also off diaper during the day? I tried to toilet trained him in the evening but he just don want to pee even after one hour. Bring him to toilet he also don want to pee. But after a while, just pee on the floor..... how i wish he can off diaper soon.

hi mummies,

me back to post.. have pop on 19th jan and slowly settling down to life with 2 kids..

my jadelle starts at Ascension kindergarten for N1 on feb 2nd.. am rather disappointed with the school.. for the amount that we are paying..

school fees is about 660 sgd.. and still need deposit of 700+.. school uniforms etc.. cost 100 sgd..

i chose it as it is montessorri.. and hopefully can offer my girl similar programes to Julia Gabriel, which she was attending previously..

but my MIL feedback that going there from saint george.. so inconvenient.. if drive, muz take a uturn to jalan toa payoh to go into the school entrance. if take bus.. muz cross overhead bridge to go there.. and going back is a prob.. cos only bus 31 to take and need to walk all the way from bendemeer..

end up she take cab.. cost her ~4 sgd 1 way.. and FIL pick them up after school..

complaints she had ( i hadn't verify cos still in confinement):

1) teachers don't stop or interrupt when other kids and bullying another kid
2) teachers don't check actively for HFMD
3) overalls for artwork is dirty and mouldy
4) Sand used in sand play is dirty. My girl come back with bites all over her face on her 1st day.

5) My girl never been left alone to attend classes before.. in JG, she had accompanied lessons.. so, she wailed on her 3rd day when MIL was asked to wait outside for her..

6) I have no feedback so far on my kid's progress in class. but maybe too early..

7) When MIL asked the class teacher why my girl suddenly cries when she was ok during assembly, teacher was unable to reply..

i ain't sure if it is cos MIL want to dissude me from putting her there as it inconvenience her.. or is the feedback really accurate. Or my standards too high cos i am so used to JG's standard..

MIL seems inclined on care corner.. now Celeste and other mummies have been giving ok feedback, then i considering to pull out..

Any kind mummies care to share any comments?

somemore i stay upper boon keng blk 38, and agape & talentplus is nearby.. juz that MIL stay St. george..

jasmommy (sclaujas),
CareCorner to me is not bad becos I am quite chin chye lah. They also have Speech n Drama for N1 kids (optional) once a week I think is pay $20 or $30 extra per month. I let my ger attend that also. So far she seems happy in that center and I quite like the teachers like her form teacher Teacher Siti and Teach Angie. The chinese teacher Mrs Lye is a nice lady too
happy.gif
. To me the fees they charge $120 (after f/t working mother subsidy) is very very reasonable for the things they offer
happy.gif
. And to me my utmost importance is the location which is just next to my blk.

Leereiner,
That day I passed by McNair and saw Hong Wen school. Its quite near to my place within 10mins walking distance and somemore the school is new! Think I will prob enrol my ger there first and if she does not get in then I will go for Bendemeer Primary cos the other day at my playground I chatted with another mommy and she said Bendemeer Primary usually got empty places one.
happy.gif

ya lor, blur... that's why me gotta be ks wah... hong wen is the nearest to my pl mah... unless hubby change his mind of methodist pri sch lah... then me shall be relax lor...

hi

maomi,
Carecorner is about 8-10mins walk from Boon Keng MRT located at Blk 14 St.George's Road
happy.gif

Hongwen should be within 1-2km from Cityview also. For me its within 1km. Actually I also donno within 1km is under Phase wat hah?

Leereiner,
Methodist Pri sch? Got this pri sch? or u mean the one at Bukit Timah or the Paya Lebar Methodist Girls Pri?

not really walking distance, its 1 mrt stn away only more convenient than going to hong wen leh... and my home is so near to kallang mrt yah...

Leereiner,
Ya true also. Actually can take schoolbus also mah. More convenient rite? At least no need someone to fetch to and fro?
happy.gif

my daughter is in Hong Wen. the sch fees is the same as government schs, only $10.50 or $11 a month.

If you are staying within 1km, chances are higher, you can try if you are within 1-2km. It all depends on the intake for the year. For this year's P1 enrolment, there is a ballot for those within 1-2km.

Hope the above helps.

bel22
ya.. my son is off diaper during day time at creative star, begining toilet train is tough n they tends to pees on the floor.

baobei

Good on you, can save $$ on diaper. Which class is your son in? N1A or N1B. My gal is in N1B, form teacher is Sabrina. I'm gg to start her on pull up in sch next week, hv requested they bring her to the toilet regularly to pee pee. She wouldn't say see wants to pee pee, will say she had poo and need to change diaper though.

eve,

my hubby is ex student of hong wen, also thinking of this school. i stay upper boon keng there.. dunno consider 1-2km? but i think still within lah..

celeste,
just found out that negative feedback from MIL is dubious as Ascension kindergarten principal & teachers dispute her comments. they were rather angry about her comments. so i will bring my girl down myself & settle her in.

Hello Jasmommy! =)

Where is Ascension Kindergarden?

Anyway I know its quite early, but I am planning to send my baby boy to Hong Wen in future too! Maybe our kids can be classmates! LOL ;P

Hi Baobei,

Just to check, you requested to off diaper in Creative or they suggested you to do so?
Is your child on pull up pants now? Cos the school did mention that is better to use pull up pant during the toilet train?

Anyone use the training pant before? Is it good?

I tried to toilet train my child but he just don want to pee. Bring him to the toilet, instead of peeing, he played in the toilet. Use potty, he try to sit a while then play w it. Trying very hard but to no suceess.
Had realised his diaper rash is getting worse to worst. Really hope he can off diaper soon.
Regards

hi bel22,

agape didnt suggest to use pull up pants @ all... and is agape who wants us to start my gal on toilet train... hee!!! my girl is str into panties... heard that pull up pants doesnt help to toilet train leh... my gal is okie with potty and toilet bowl lor all along... is that when she was young, she didnt want to tell when she wanna pee pee. but she was okie with poo poo lor...

me did use pull up pants - not for toilet train. rather the place we want to go hard to find toilet or nursing room for her change. used mamy poko ones, okie... but not drypantz, tends to leak...

Hi Reiner,

Thanks and how are you? If I am not wrong, your edd is around these 2 months? Get all your prepration done?

Dear all,
I really want my child to off diaper and can see that he kept stretching his back. Diaper rash is worse now. I am using the huggies diaper. How can I really toilet train him on this? Any advise? What should I do?

I do hear of some CC straight to panties no pull up. Teachers don't mind doing the clean up
happy.gif
and that is good. I did heard of other CC who suggest pull up like Creative Star. They will regularly bring the kids to the toilet for pee and poo. If the pull up diaper is dry for the whole day, it is a sign that the child is ready to go without diaper. In this way, there is no cleaning up mess. At home with one child already quite a mess if pee or poo on the panties, can't imagine how will it be like in CC with so many kids.

bel22
I tried the training pant before. It is thick panties/underpants that can hold 1 pee pee. It cut down the cleaning mess and for ease of pull up and down when they go toilet. It is also washable and can be reuse (unlike pull up). I bought 2 pieces and tried on my gal only for a few times and thereafter she refuse to use it again. She has a mind of her own and will choose which panties to wear. So each time she pee, it is a mess to clean up lor.

If your son is not ready, you may want to consider changing diaper brand and diaper cream first. I think quite stressful on you and him. Sorry no valuable advice for you. I'm also trying now. I try to make it a routine that she sit on the toilet bowl every morning before shower. Sometime got to negotiate with her by bringing her baby, books, etc. to the toilet. For the rest of the day, i just put her on panties and clean up mess. Hopefully with Creative help of regular toilet visit, she be tune to do that at home as well. I prompt her to go toilet every hour and most time she refuses and next minute pee on the floor. Hope she doesn't take long to toilet train if not pocket burn a big hole! Pull up is more expensive. I'm now trying the new Mamypoko value pull up. By far the cheapest when I compare with other brands. Hope she doesn't get rashes....

jasmommy

I heard there is school bus to Ascension Kindy. How about considering that? I visit the Ascension before and like the outdoor area and the hall also very big. Very nice environment for kids.

jasmommy,
meaning everyday u have to send ur ger to Ascension then after that send your bb to ur MIL at St.George? Woah...thats a lot of effort...u are really a hardworking mommy
happy.gif

bel22,
sometimes i think no pt forcing the child. I read before when they are ready they will automatically refuse diapers. And my SIL told me one case of her fren's kid before. They keep making the kid off diaper then the kid suddenly anyhow pee again when they turn 4-5 yrs old and its like go back to zero again need to retrain
sad.gif

HI bel22,

ya my #2 edd 1st week apr09... this #2 is different from my #1, "trobule-maker" ha!!!

ya like blur said, no need to rush into toilet train. kids will know when to be diaper free lah... found that toilet train needs lots of time and patient to do lor... my nephew was partially diaper free before 2 (except pm napping & nite sleep) coz SIL's maid trained him.... maid was with nephew all days & nites wah... go with the kids pace yah...

Hi Blur,

Wow ... so sad to hear that! I dun know did i force him but i am actually trying to input the ideas of going to toilet to pee. I only let him diaper free at hm in the evening and will try to bring him to the toilet about half an hr later. After trying for a while, 5 min, if he did not pee, will put pant for him again.

Well, I can say that ... friends, relatives and colleague kept saying is time to train and all their kids were trained b4 18mths. And upon seeing his diaper rash ... I was in fact hoping he can off diaper soon so that he will not face this itchness.

Thanks Diana!
thks for your sharing! hmmm ... my son used Huggies since young ... I was using the Desitin Cream. Hmmm.... maybe he is not in infant grp therefore the changing of diaper is no longer every 3 hrs. I don't know whether is it too long hours wearing the diaper therefore lead to this rash. Can say that one side of the buttock is reddish, he kept stretching ....It is very heart pain to see that. Had placed the destin tube in his bag since day 1 in PG. And had written down in the comm bk. Maybe if worse will try to change another brand of diaper and see how it goes ... thanks ya!
Oh ya, where to get the trainint pant? maybe i would like to try it out and see whether will it work on my son, thanks!

Thanks Reiner!

I will not rush but will on off remind him maybe... cos nowsadays when poo poo, he will tell me. But of course sometime he tell me is false alarm. go in toilet but after that don't ve .... so i take it is a gd start hee ....
So you really not intent to know the sex of number 2?

hi bel22,

me same as you lor, lots of ppl said how come my gal still on diaper when she 2? me just smiled and ans she's not ready yet... another thing is that MIL doesnt really bother of this, so me cant force my MIL to train my gal, rite? dont want to "stress" her lor or else she doesnt wanna take care of my gal leh...

ya... choose not to know #2 gender... my gal wants meimei, hubby prefer boi lor so is my FIL... anyway meimei or didi, me gonna close shop lor... $$$, time not enough for #3... ha!!!

Hi Reiner,

Thanks! Finally your gal is off diaper after enter the Agrape.

Your gynae did not reveal the sex of the baby at all? How about the detail scan?
Is a gd idea to keep a secret till baby is born. Do keep me posted when baby is out ya! Very anxious and curious too hee heee

Yes is true ... don ve time for #3. Somemore so costly in singapore, really needs support mentally, logistic etc ... so if u wanna go for #3 must plan well. Who will be taking care of #2? Infant care or MIL?

Hi mummies,

I'm staying near Kallang MRT too... :)
Didn't realised that there's a Boon Keng thread until today.... :p

Reiner, my todd is also in Agape, N1 now.... wat's ur todd's name? :)

Welcome Esh Mummy to our club!
happy.gif

hi bel22,
i inform the school that i m training my son, morning he is wearing school uniform with under wear, teacher will let him wear pull-up diaper before afternoon nap. i din use training pants before..

Hi Diana
my son's class teacher is 毕老师, the chinese teacher.

Hi baobei

I think my gal and yr boy is in different class. Is the boy in the middle yr son? How long did it take u to toilet train yr boy?

hi bel22,

ya my gynae knew the gender of #2 but he did asked us whether wanna know the gender. so we said NO. and gynae always use "baby" and not he or she whenever we see him... even during detail scan, he said everything is fine, so okie mah... the gynae did the 3D scan too, but a short & sweet one coz foc yah... so saw the upper boby and not the lower part... ha!!!!

MIL will be taking care of #2.. so my SIL's dotter will go agape after my maternity leave to join my gal in the PG... ha!! then my gal will be the lao da jie to take care of her cousin...

hi esh_mummy,

halo, halo.... my gal is ying ham... the smallest size one, short hair, tiny eyes lor... so what's your jr name? where do you stay?

Hi BaoBei,

Thanks! So far when your boy put on underwear when go to school, so far did u encounter he missed or did not say he want pee at all?

Your boy able to tell you when he wants pee or poo?

Thanks Diana!
Another 1.5 months to go and you will be able to see your number 2 soon. Do keep us informed ya! Smile always!

Hi hi Reiner,

My gal is Jing Han, Eshley... :p
yup, i know Ying han, she's a quiet and sweet gal... :)
I stay at blk 15, UBK... :)
nice to know u....
My edd is 7th April, but expected to be earlier than that.

Esh Mummy,
welcome
happy.gif

Leereiner,
Ya lor....that last week got 2 days my ger was dry in the diaper thru the night till next morning so I decided to let her go w/o diaper on Friday night. But in the morning her pants was wet *lol*. I guess she's not ready for going diaperless at nite yet cos she wont wake up and take potty in the middle of the nite one. Still thought can quickly save on diaper costs...haha
happy.gif

bel22,
I can understand how u feel. Cos my #1 that time skin kinda sensitive always kenna rashes behind the spine area cos cos the diaper rubber mah. Then must buy the "better" diapers for her...exp siah. I always hoped she can be off diaper soon and I did "try" to train her during weekends before but no use. Cos I read if wanna diaper training need to do it consecutive for 2 weeks one. But there are ppl whom told me kids auto when its time they will reject diaper which is quite true for my #1
happy.gif
. I think she was off diaper around 2yro.

Thanks Blur,

You mean your number 1 auto reject diaper when come to 2 yrs old? The child just tell you she don't need it, is it? Even though you put on for her? Me trying so hard, every evening and weekend, hoping w diaperless his rashes will be better and at the same time he has the idea of passing urine in the potty.

Hi Diana
yes, the one in the middle is my son. About 3-4 months, he is able to tell us when he wan to pee n he will run to the toilet

Hi Bel22
we always ask him to pee before go school, if he dun wan we will ask again when reach the school, so far so good.. but weekend at home sometime he will miss if too engrossed to play.

Thanks Diana!

Thanks for the web! Yes I will go to the library and borrow some reference book on potty train soon ... thanks ya!

Hi Baobei,
Thanks for sharing! Can I say that you try to bring him to the toilet as and when during the diaperless period during the day and about 3 - 4 months he will be able to tell you he wants pass urine?
In fact, presently for me after we fetch him from the school, I will let him go diaperless at home till the last feed. I try to bring him to the toilet about every 1 hr. Hopefully after a month or so, he will be able to tell me when he needs to pee.

bel22,
Not say really reject diaper but she will automatically go fetch her potty and take off her diaper one. I also dont remember how is happened. I just remember during my confinement hb's sister came to help me then she tried to "train" my ger potty for few days also happened that my ger start in the CareCorner childcare cos she just 2yro. Then suddenly few days later she "auto" take potty and pee/poo herself liowz
happy.gif
Then after that I let her wear panties instead liowz.
Now when we outside she will automatically tell me "Mommy i want to pass urine or Mommy I want to poo" then I will bring her to the toilet
happy.gif

hi esh_mummy,

my gal - "angle @ agape, devil @ home" lah...

you are expecting your #2 eh? boy or girl? where you gonna deliver?

Back