Baby nanny or confinement nanny

ander75

1. Hi, i have recently engaged a nanny from Port Klang thr agent and the charges is 2500 SGD + levy 150 sgd. Her name is Auntie Ya Yuan msian chinese in her early 50s.

Her service is good so i am helping her to recommend her service here. If you are apply the work permit yourself via the MOM website (very easy), you can contact her direct and her charge is around 2100 SGD nett. cheaper than via agent.

If you need my reference please PM me. Her contact nbr in msia is +60 1635 01867 (she cannot sms singapore) or you can add her via Wechat.

ander75, Yesterday at 1:22 PMEditReport
    #1Reply

2. ander75New Member
    New
    Hi Anders,

Saw your forum posting and I am still in process of getting a confinement nanny come July 15.

Would like to check with you a few things on your CL.

1) Is it a day or full time service? (Suppose stay in?)
    2) Would she mind to cook bigger portion for husband and my mil, who is staying with us to help out during confinement month?
    3) Based on her confinement practices, is she ok if I would require her to bring baby to my room for breastfeeding at night?

Thanks and have a nice day.
    Jeanne

--
    Hi, it is a stay in full time service. Yes she will cook for husband as well but only confinement foods. Her cooking is ok only but for confinement foods should be ok. She should be ok to bring baby to your room. Actually she stay with my wife for the past two months as my in law is occupying the other room and my baby need special care due to minor operation. You can actually apply the work permit online so no need to go through agent.

--
    by the way, my nanny just gone back to Msia today after 2 months with us. You can add her in Wechat. She speak mandarin only. She told us that she have job in July and Dec and the rest of the months she is available

ander75, A moment agoEditDeleteReport
    #2Reply

3. ander75New Member
    New
    Hi Anders, thanks very much for the prompt reply. Wishing your family and baby best of health. Have a blessed week.

Cheers.

---
    no problem. i was having hard time looking for a nanny so i hope this help. Anyone here have direct nanny contact please share as well. One more thing, i have paid to have hepatitis B checked for the nanny so you can save the money.:) the nanny is in good health.

---

I'd also like to recommend my confinement nanny, who's just finished her stint of a few months with us.

Her name is Siew Yong and she's Malaysian, speaks mandarin and a little English, and has a Singapore driver's license if her driving skills are needed.

She was actually a full time nanny and cook for my family and now that us kids are grown up she's started doing confinement work instead.

She's looked after my sister's three children and now she's helped with my firstborn as well. I can't recommend her enough. Apart from being great with babies and kids, here are some of her traits:

1.Great cook and will ensure you get the proper confinement foods and that your husband (and parents/ in laws if need be) are well fed.

2. Particular about hygiene and cleanliness, including around the home and your helper's.

3. Very personable, easy going and friendly. At the same time she's committed and hard working with strong work ethic.

Do PM me if you'd like more details and her contact numbers. Her schedule is pretty free for the rest of the year since she'd just ended a series of long term engagements.

I'm not earning any commission. Simply want to get my recommendation out since she's a great nanny in my experience and hopefully will be of help to other mummies too!

Last edited:
I'd also like to recommend my confinement nanny, who's just finished her stint of a few months with us.

Her name is Siew Yong and she's Malaysian, speaks mandarin and a little English, and has a Singapore driver's license if her driving skills are needed.

She was actually a full time nanny and cook for my family and now that us kids are grown up she's started doing confinement work instead.

She's looked after my sister's three children and now she's helped with my firstborn as well. I can't recommend her enough. Apart from being great with babies and kids, here are some of her traits:

1.Great cook and will ensure you get the proper confinement foods and that your husband (and parents/ in laws if need be) are well fed.

2. Particular about hygiene and cleanliness, including around the home and your helper's.

3. Very personable, easy going and friendly. At the same time she's committed and hard working with strong work ethic.

Do PM me if you'd like more details and her contact numbers. Her schedule is pretty free for the rest of the year since she'd just ended a series of long term engagements.

I'm not earning any commission. Simply want to get my recommendation out since she's a great nanny in my experience and hopefully will be of help to other mummies too!

Hello! May I know the contact of your nanny please? If it's possible, can you also share her charges?

I like to recommend the CL who is doing confinement for me now.
She is very responsible and caring. So far she take care my baby day n night, of cos when my girl want to suck-suck, she will bring to me.
With her assistant to take care my girl, i can have good rest at night at least.
Cooking wise she is better then my mum, better then my 1st CL. Cooking a big portion for my hubby+ no issue so far.
You may try to contact her.

Auntie Wong T.H. from Msia/Raub
10+ yrs experience
Cantonese / Chinese speaking, speak little bit english
Mid 50+
SG contact 98963237
Msia contact +60139977374

I like to recommend the CL who is doing confinement for me now.
She is very responsible and caring. So far she take care my baby day n night, of cos when my girl want to suck-suck, she will bring to me.
With her assistant to take care my girl, i can have good rest at night at least.
Cooking wise she is better then my mum, better then my 1st CL. Cooking a big portion for my hubby+ no issue so far.
You may try to contact her.

Auntie Wong T.H. from Msia/Raub
10+ yrs experience
Cantonese / Chinese speaking, speak little bit english
Mid 50+
SG contact 98963237
Msia contact +60139977374

How much est for her service?

hi mummy, I would like to recommend my confinement lady really good, thumbs up. She's Msian, about 45years old, speak mandarin, cantonese & hokkien. My hubby was telling me, for the third baby, will engage her service. Taking care of baby day&night, she help some housework too, cook for me & my hubby. The cooking skill really excellent, I'm happy during my confinement period, as my duty is only sleep & eat.
Mummy who need her service, can contact her by +60166716281

Hi mummies! I just gave birth on 3rd April 2015 and I engaged with this really nice nanny. I was having some complication after birth and I could not walk at all. I was re-admitted to the hospital again and thanks to Auntie Susan (confinement nanny) and my mother in law, they helped to look after my baby at home and cooked for me meals and brought it to the hospital for me.
After I got discharge and able to walk a few steps at a time, my husband and mother in law went back to work. Auntie susan took very good care of me and baby, helping me in every way she could. She gave me nice advises and encouraged me even when my supply of milk was low back then, worrying that I will fall into depression with the complications I'm having. Even now after she completed this assignment, she has been contacting me to ask about baby's and my well-beings.
I remember there was once my baby had pretty bad rashes, after my confinement, Auntie Susan still remembers it and WhatsApp me a brand of cream which is recommended by other mummies.

There are a number of "Aunty Susan" around. From my understanding, one of the "Aunty Susan" has bad reviews but please don't mix up the "Aunty Susan" I'm having. She's nice and caring, which I feel at least this is what should be given to a mom that had just given birth. Therefore she is highly recommended.

And I wanna clarify too that Aunty Susan and I are not related. I thank God for this wonderful confinement nanny and I hope she will get more business! Oh, from my understanding, she has experiences from overseas assignments as well.

Am not sure if she will still be available for any assignments now. Any mummies who need her contact do feel free to drop me an email at [email protected]! Good luck!

Hi i am looking for a cl but edd is 7 jan
Would u be so kind to share her charges n also her contact?

Thanks

Taffy

Hi! Could you kindly share with me her contact details and charges as well? Thanks!!

Hi anyone has experience with Elaine Teng ?

I wanna know if the confinement lady is
1) those naggy type...like cannot bath etc or like if I wan bath then she will just help me boil the water n prepare stuff
2) into breastfeeding? I won't be going for prenatal class...I will just learn everything from the confinement lady
3) wat does she cook? I m veri choosy with food...can I choose to eat onli certain dishes
4) hygiene level?

Hi,

Do u mind sharing me the contact number of your confinement lady?

Hi,

Do u mind sharing me the contact number of your confinement lady?

Hi All

i would like to recommend my previous confinement lady- Aunt Sin Hua.

She is pretty good! Have more then 20years experience and take well care of baby & mother.

Can cook fantastic variety dishes, encouraged breastfeeding also.

i'm also recommended her to my friends around.

You can reach her at 90699570 to get more details.

Hi All

i would like to recommend my previous confinement lady- Aunt Sin Hua.

She is pretty good! Have more then 20years experience and take well care of baby & mother.

Can cook fantastic variety dishes, encouraged breastfeeding also.

i'm also recommended her to my friends around.

You can reach her at 90699570 to get more details.
hi, is she a local or malaysian?

Any recommendations for confinement lady that handles twins?

Or any twins mother had any experience of how the confinement lady can cope?

My CL from Penang had handle twins before. She's Aunty Cheong, very easy going, strong and healthy, cos she needs to climbs stairs up n down to look after baby n me. She's a blessing for my family. She even cook my 2 older children their favorite food which I didn't request, she's automatic n had good observation on what we like n don't like to eat, and change the menu to suit us. She will handle simple house chores for us, hygienic n systematic too. Willing to teach my fresh maid which I hired before she left, what to look out for when handling baby n what to cook for us, selfless. And written down soup recipes for me so I can double check with the maid. Before her assignment, she will come to SIN earlier before the EDD just to stand-by, very responsible. She will also visit us to play with baby n cook for me again! She will boil the medical water for me to bathe every time I returned from medical checkups/ outings during the confinement period, carrying the pail of hot medical water up to my 2nd floor! Very gentle n dear to my baby, I myself also nervous although this is my 3rd child.
Wow thanks! It's good that you got such a good nanny!

So you mind if u can pm her contact details and also don't mind me asking how they charge for twins?

Hi, you can reserve aunt Xin Hua also... She had experience with twin baby also...

Call her with more details...

Thank you for all your recommendations. Lastly when and how early in advance do mummies usually need to "book" the CL?

Her contact is 98491894, I know she charged 28 days for $2600 for a baby. As for twins is $3800. But she mentioned still negotiable and you can decide if you needed more or less than 28 days. For me, I extended till 43 days cos of my premature baby. She would like to know when's your EDD if you're keen, so she can reserve the date for you. She thanks you for your interest cos I called her n ask about the pricing.
She's a Malaysian or Singaporean? How's her cooking?

Thank you for all your recommendations. Lastly when and how early in advance do mummies usually need to "book" the CL?

You better book as early as possible if hint the preferable CL. Those "hot" CL normally will secured 6-7 months before delivery. I'm booked Aunt Sin Hua when I'm pregnant 2 months plus .....

HI, can i have the contact for Siew Yong?

Hihi can you share her contact with me. My edd is in may 2015. Thanks in advice.

Hi anyone has experience with Elaine Teng ?

I wanna know if the confinement lady is
1) those naggy type...like cannot bath etc or like if I wan bath then she will just help me boil the water n prepare stuff
2) into breastfeeding? I won't be going for prenatal class...I will just learn everything from the confinement lady
3) wat does she cook? I m veri choosy with food...can I choose to eat onli certain dishes
4) hygiene level?

Elaine Teng from Ipoh was my CL during April and I actually enjoyed my confinement.
1) not naggy but she will remind you of those things that you can or cnanot do. She will compromise. E.g Ginger, I don't like ginger so she grind them finely so that I won't pick them out. I bath everyday and wash hair once a week.
2) I latch in the day and bottlefeed at night so that I can rest but I still pump every 3 hours as to build up my supply. She will advise and use herbs to help boost supply as well.
3) Her menu are changing and very good. In fact I ate more than I should. Better than my previous confinement, where I am bored with the menu after 1 week. Elaine's menu consist of western as well. Like Zi Char style. You can let her know what you like and she will plan accordingly.
5) hygiene level is good. She made sure everyone sanitise their hands before touching my baby. Even told my maid to ensure her own cleanliness when handling my baby.
6) best part - she understand english perfectly. Although I speak mandarin well, there are just some things that I can't translate to chinese.
Overall, I do recommend her as she is young, efficent, clean and handle my baby well. Only hiccup is the agency.

Last edited:

Hi, can I have the contact details and rate for ur confinement nanny?

Hi! Could you kindly share with me her contact details and charges as well? Thanks

She was my CL during April and I actually enjoyed my confinement.
1) not naggy but she will remind you of those things that you can or cnanot do. She will compromise. E.g Ginger, I don't like ginger so she grind them finely so that I won't pick them out. I bath everyday and wash hair once a week.
2) I latch in the day and bottlefeed at night so that I can rest but I still pump every 3 hours as to build up my supply. She will advise and use herbs to help boost supply as well.
3) Her menu are changing and very good. In fact I ate more than I should. Better than my previous confinement, where I am bored with the menu after 1 week. Elaine's menu consist of western as well. Like Zi Char style. You can let her know what you like and she will plan accordingly.
5) hygiene level is good. She made sure everyone sanitise their hands before touching my baby. Even told my maid to ensure her own cleanliness when handling my baby.
6) best part - she understand english perfectly. Although I speak mandarin well, there are just some things that I can't translate to chinese.
Overall, I do recommend her as she is young, efficent, clean and handle my baby well. Only hiccup is the agency.

Hi, can I have her contact and rate details?

I'll like to recommend my stay-in confinement nanny Ya Mei from Johor as well. She is pleasant, friendly and easy-going. She takes good care of my LO and I can see that she really loves babies and is very patient with them. She advises me on confinement dos and dont's but does not nag or insist that I follow all the rules when I tell her my preferences. She cooks well (tasty, not oily or salty) and asks me for feedback about the food every day. And not only does she cook bigger portions for my family of 6, she also cooks extra dishes (non-confinement food) for my family to eat. She is receptive to feedback and pro-breast feeding, and was able to advise me on breast-feeding. She even learnt how to do syringe-feeding and voluntarily syringe-fed my baby both during the day and in the middle of the night although my HB and I offered to do it.

Please note that she does not speak English, only Mandarin and dialect.

Her contact number is 98103754 (Singapore) and 020 1273 08278/ +60 12 7308278 (Malaysia).

Last edited:
I'll like to recommend my stay-in confinement nanny Ya Mei from Johor as well. She is pleasant, friendly and easy-going. She takes good care of my LO and I can see that she really loves babies and is very patient with them. She advises me on confinement dos and dont's but does not nag or insist that I follow all the rules when I tell her my preferences. She cooks well (tasty, not oily or salty) and asks me for feedback about the food every day. And not only does she cook bigger portions for my family of 6, she also cooks extra dishes (non-confinement food) for my family to eat. She is receptive to feedback and pro-breast feeding, and was able to advise me on breast-feeding. She even learnt how to do syringe-feeding and voluntarily syringe-fed my baby both during the day and in the middle of the night although my HB and I offered to do it.

Her contact number is 98103754 (Singapore) and 020 1273 08278/ +60 12 7308278 (Malaysia).

Can I know what is her charges like?

Hi all, my due date is on 2 feb 2016. will have confinement during Chinese New Year. any recommendations for confinement lady? how much will the charge be?

Do we need to apply work permit for Malaysian CL?
What deposit? Any additional ang bao? Is she ok to sleep on mattress? Thanks

Do

Do we need to apply work permit for Malaysian CL?
What deposit? Any additional ang bao? Is she ok to sleep on mattress? Thanks

Do

Hi I can't remember how much is the deposit and not sure about the mattress part... the standard practice for all confinement nannies is an ang bao when she comes and another one when she leaves. She is still in Singapore so you might want to give her a call to find out more :)

Hi mummies,

I would like to share my terrible experience with my CL by the name "Auntie Sophia" who I had sent away recently after just 6days with me... Saw a post in this thread recommending her as a good confinement nanny which I totally do not agree with...

I had engaged her after reading a review in a sg mummy forum as well and had totally regretted it...

True enough, the phone conversation was great! She sounds professional and experienced claiming that she took courses or whatever in Australia regarding childcare or similar matters.. She do confinements in Australia as well and she can speaks English well...

However, after she started doing my confinement for me... There are so many incidents that I do not feel that she is that experienced at all but maybe she really supports breastfeeding but that is only 1 plus point compare to the rest of my bad experiences...

Just to share also that she has only few years of experience in SG as the MOM officer told me that she started working in SG since 2013 and so its is only 2-3 years of experience (followed up call from MOM because I cancelled her her work permit few days after applying for it)...

1) She do not wash baby mouth during bath time. And after bathing baby in the morning and bringing him back to the room to wear clothes, she did not off the fan!! That is basic knowledge right!! How can she not off the fan!! Gosh!!
2) She do not wipe baby at night before changing into his pyjamas.
3) She did not offer to wash my clothes even when she saw me washing both my husband and my own clothes in the kitchen..
4) She is very unhygienic though she claimed that she has 洁癖,I always see her touching her face like wiping off sweat or whatever and tidying her hair as and when.. She do not use hand sanitizer when handling baby though I placed one in the baby room.. She requested for those disposable rubbery gloves so that she can use it while changing baby diaper.. I had never see or heard before that CL wears gloves while changing the diapers.. She frequents the toilet very often and each time, she comes out very fast.. I guess even if she did wash her hands, it must be without soap... Yucks!
PS: I found her hair on baby bed, baby swaddle, and in the porridge she cook for me!
There is also once, baby puke milk on his bed and therefore I ask her to change the bedsheet.. She threw baby bean sprout pillow on the floor when her bed is just beside... I told her can she not throw his stuffs on the floor anot... She continued saying "blah blah blah, next time go sch how.." But please lo, my baby is only few days old now... How can u use that as a comparison!!
5) She do not like me having guests in the house, she shows attitude and gives black face to my guests.. She even close the door with a loud bang once after I pass her my baby for feeding... She is already sitting on the bed, she must have taken the effort to stand up and slam the door... Please! That loud bang may have scared my baby... All my frens and myself was shocked at the moment.. I should have just walk it and ask her why she did that... But I was too shocked to think of that... When I question her the day I asked her to leave, she said she dun remember... Please! It's only 2 or 3 days ago! So bad memory, how to look after baby! She also claimed that she hearing problems when my hubby dunno say Wat to her... Same! If u have hearing problem, how do you take care of the baby then?!?!
6) Not only is she showing attitude to my frens, she did the same to my auntie! When my auntie talk to her, she do not reply and just give a black face because my auntie told her to cook the stuffs she bought for me later...

There are still many other bits and pieces of matters that I guess no point mentioning anymore.. You can gauge yourself if u want to engage such a nanny to look after you and you baby during your confinement..

FYI> both hubby and myself is very nice to her initially until I really can't take it anymore that I told hubby that I do not feel safe with her around when hubby returns to work..
We will always asked her if she had her lunch or dinner and hubby can buy her share since he needs to buy his dinner as well...
She can on the aircon as and when she likes, day time and at night...
Whatever she request, we will get it for her...
And still such sucky things still happen...
When I offered that I will pay her 2 weeks salary, she claimed I have to pay her full being that I had engage her 6months ago... Blah blah blah... I still can't take all the nonsense from her anymore!! I just want her to leave straight away and immediately!!! And we paid her in full!! After which everyone told me I shouldn't have paid her full...

And so I am now left without a confinement nanny, I had ordered confinement food from a caterer and will see how it goes from there...

Just to share so that you mummies can have a better option..

Do PM me if you want more details about her!

Hi mummies,

I would also like to share my horrible experience with "Auntie Sophia", the CL who came recommended through this forum. It turned out to be a huge,costly mistake and we paid her the full salary after 14 days because we just wanted her out of the house.

She appeared to be very understanding, knowledgeable and polite over the phone as well as during the meeting we had when she was in SG. She claims to be pro breastfeeding which turned out to be a huge lie because she kept insisting that my breastmilk was not enough and that I was starving my baby. To make her life easier, she kept pushing for baby to be fed formula. Whenever baby cried which disrupted her rest, she insisted that baby was hungry and kept feeding until baby fell asleep. That was the last straw for us when we realised baby was overfed on formula. We also did not see any baby routines being set, contrary to her expert claims about setting baby routines.

She also claims that she is obsessed over cleanliness, yet she can leave strands of hair in baby's room, on the bed and all over the toilet which I have to tirelessly clear for her even though I was supposed to be resting. She has no initiative and does not even do basic cleaning up of the kitchen after she cooks.

I did not see any reason for me to put up with her black face and demands any longer. There were too many unhappy incidents that occurred which caused so much stress and anxiety on my part, and this was more than enough to warrant us to take immediate measures to get her to leave as soon as possible.

I am glad we made that decision because I was finally able to have a good sleep and rest immediately after she left, and even if it meant that I had to take care of the baby alone. My husband and I spent time to undo the damage caused and set proper routines for the baby. The lesson learnt for us, and hopefully mummies out there, is to be more discerning of the reviews and recommendations on forum.

Hi Mummies..

Wow! Elaine Teng is soooo popular.:):):)
I would recommend her too. I engaged her services through her agent (IKARE) for my baby in May.

She is young, speaks English (can communicate with my helper) and handled my baby well confidently. She would always remind me to rest and assured me that baby was in good hands (She is able to handle night feeds and I could rest well)
She cooks well (a good mix of chinese and western cuisine) and cooked for my whole family too.
She "imparted" and taught my helper how to cook several dishes which we liked so that my helper could cook for us after she left.
Elaine is very friendly and she is not naggy type. (She would advise me but if I did not accept her advice.. she would just leave it and not harp on it further)

If you are interested, You may contact her directly at 84248363 to check on her availability!

Hi Mummies...

Anyone have dogs at home like me.
I'm finding very hard to get a CL.

I check with few agencies but was rejected by them cause i have two dogs at home. (Small and medium, not big dogs...)
They are all paper trained. so no poo and pee anywhere in the house however i still need my CL to help to clear the newspaper ( during day time only )and throw into the bin if they poo or pee. As I'm having C-section so i'm not able to bend down to clear the newspaper after my dogs poo. So to those dog owners or lovers you know what i'm talking about. Is just like throwing rubbish away. Not that difficult. As I don't think anyone wants to work with the poo beside them. lol :D

But is kind of tough to know which CL is a dogs lovers. If anyone know please let me know

Million thanks :D

Hi Mummies...

Anyone have dogs at home like me.
I'm finding very hard to get a CL.

I check with few agencies but was rejected by them cause i have two dogs at home. (Small and medium, not big dogs...)
They are all paper trained. so no poo and pee anywhere in the house however i still need my CL to help to clear the newspaper ( during day time only )and throw into the bin if they poo or pee. As I'm having C-section so i'm not able to bend down to clear the newspaper after my dogs poo. So to those dog owners or lovers you know what i'm talking about. Is just like throwing rubbish away. Not that difficult. As I don't think anyone wants to work with the poo beside them. lol :D

But is kind of tough to know which CL is a dogs lovers. If anyone know please let me know

Million thanks :D
U can interview Aunty Cheong 98491894. I had recommended her in July 2016 forum too, n 2015 CN. U can read up from there too. She is presently staying at my place till this Sat.

hi

Anyone need last minute CN can contact me.. my CN's current confinement started early hence she is available mid Feb till end Mar.
She is currently doing confinement for my neighbour in Fernvale.
PM me if you are interested.
As this is after CNY therefore her rate are not CNY rate ;)

Hi, have anyone engaged the services of CL Fang jie from KL before? Of so can share your experiences with her? She was recommended by another CL to me but a bit worried after hearing all the CL horror stories.... thanks in advance!

Hi mummies! I just gave birth on 3rd April 2015 and I engaged with this really nice nanny. I was having some complication after birth and I could not walk at all. I was re-admitted to the hospital again and thanks to Auntie Susan (confinement nanny) and my mother in law, they helped to look after my baby at home and cooked for me meals and brought it to the hospital for me.
After I got discharge and able to walk a few steps at a time, my husband and mother in law went back to work. Auntie susan took very good care of me and baby, helping me in every way she could. She gave me nice advises and encouraged me even when my supply of milk was low back then, worrying that I will fall into depression with the complications I'm having. Even now after she completed this assignment, she has been contacting me to ask about baby's and my well-beings.
I remember there was once my baby had pretty bad rashes, after my confinement, Auntie Susan still remembers it and WhatsApp me a brand of cream which is recommended by other mummies.

There are a number of "Aunty Susan" around. From my understanding, one of the "Aunty Susan" has bad reviews but please don't mix up the "Aunty Susan" I'm having. She's nice and caring, which I feel at least this is what should be given to a mom that had just given birth. Therefore she is highly recommended.

And I wanna clarify too that Aunty Susan and I are not related. I thank God for this wonderful confinement nanny and I hope she will get more business! Oh, from my understanding, she has experiences from overseas assignments as well.

Am not sure if she will still be available for any assignments now. Any mummies who need her contact do feel free to drop me an email at [email protected]! Good luck!

Hi Virgooo, can u share the charges by Auntie Susan?

Just to share my bad experience with my CL which we have decided to let her go after 2 weeks of service. "Aunty Jenny" was assigned to me by her so called team leader and since I have placed a deposit with them many months prior to my EDD, I would assumed all terms and conditions would have been agreed upon. And when the day arrives to start my confinement, she did not live up to our expectation.

1) The CL is totally anti breast feeding. Kept telling me that my baby is hungry and we should feed him formula. This happened every single time he cries. She doesn't bother to check his diapers and just said he is hungry and we should feed him formula.
2) Knowing I'm trying to total breast feed my newborn, I still caught her feeding him formula milk and didn't bother waking us up when our baby cried. She sometimes tell my crying son that we don't want to feed him. That made me very upset.
3) She has her own traditional methods in taking care of the baby which disagrees with us. She puts a kind of TCM powder into my newborn's mouth without asking or telling us. It gave me the shock of my life! Also she feeds him water after a feed although we don't agree with that as well. She also puts the medicated oil on my newborn's cord directly which shld be kept dry etc.
4) Her only redeeming point is that she cooks well.

Since my mandarin is relatively poor we can't really communicate and it kind of frustrates her. Also when we terminated her service after 2 weeks, she actually made a fuss about the payment and even accused us of short changing her. It made my mum so angry when she asked for a fat red packet. We just gave it to her in order to end it at a good note.

Just to share my bad experience with my CL which we have decided to let her go after 2 weeks of service. "Aunty Jenny" was assigned to me by her so called team leader and since I have placed a deposit with them many months prior to my EDD, I would assumed all terms and conditions would have been agreed upon. And when the day arrives to start my confinement, she did not live up to our expectation.

1) The CL is totally anti breast feeding. Kept telling me that my baby is hungry and we should feed him formula. This happened every single time he cries. She doesn't bother to check his diapers and just said he is hungry and we should feed him formula.
2) Knowing I'm trying to total breast feed my newborn, I still caught her feeding him formula milk and didn't bother waking us up when our baby cried. She sometimes tell my crying son that we don't want to feed him. That made me very upset.
3) She has her own traditional methods in taking care of the baby which disagrees with us. She puts a kind of TCM powder into my newborn's mouth without asking or telling us. It gave me the shock of my life! Also she feeds him water after a feed although we don't agree with that as well. She also puts the medicated oil on my newborn's cord directly which shld be kept dry etc.
4) Her only redeeming point is that she cooks well.

Since my mandarin is relatively poor we can't really communicate and it kind of frustrates her. Also when we terminated her service after 2 weeks, she actually made a fuss about the payment and even accused us of short changing her. It made my mum so angry when she asked for a fat red packet. We just gave it to her in order to end it at a good note.

Really feel bad for you to have such a bad experience , during which should be your most special enjoyable time . Getting to know your little darling and the joy of nursing you baby totally . That feeling is fantastic .. When you know that you & you alone can provide nourishments for your LO . Some of those ' traditionalLY home grown ' confinement ladies are still very set in THEIR old ways of doing things. Those days of feeding bb formula is a sign of wealth .. Only those who can not afford formula , breast fed.
They probably never BF their own children . SAD.
Hope all is well now and you have established a nursing routine with your baby . Make sure you eat , rest and drink enough .. Always have a drink by your side as you nurse your LO . It is s thirsty job . Wel done .. Keep it up . Wishing you all the best .

Hi would like to recommend my confinement lady Wen wen who did a good job for my first child. I will be engaging her again for my second. And those who are interested can interview her as she will be doing my cousin's 2nd confinement with her starting on wed.Her charges is $2600. Though is on higher range but I like her because she is hygenic and organised. She knows what should I eat progressively for the good of my health. Plus pro breast feeding as I breast fed my first girl successful ly for 2yrs.
@Amberrabbit Is confinement lady Wen Wen local? Do you mind to share her contact? Thanks in advance. :)

Back