Baby Carrier- which is good?

blueangel30

Hi all,
i m thinking of getting a baby carrier although i have a few baby slings. however my hb uses the sling most of the time as i am quite small size, cannot take the weight of my baby on 1 shoulder. I used to have a lucky baby carrier when i had my 1st bb but it was terrible.

Alot of ppl suggested Baby Bjorn carrier (looking at Original or Air version). Anyone has comments on the various baby carrier in the market? I have seen Combi, Ergo. Any others?

Pls share your views :

Had only used Baby Bjorn before. excellent. Don't know about others, but always feel that Baby Bjorn looks the best. (Probably I'm bias).

Mermmy, ur is the original? Now there are new range like the 'air' so-called cooler for our climate. Is the original warm for bb of parent? the problem is bb bjorn can take up to 10kg. and my gal already over 6.5kg at 2.5mths! I was wondering if i can jus get a 2nd hand one to use for the next few months since its quite impossible for me to use it beyond 10kg. even if can hold heavier weight, my petite frame also cannot take more than tt.

I use ERGO.it's more ex but it's one of the best i've bought and my daughter adores it. she sleeps and sits comfortably in it. it's a MUST whenever we go out

hi s@l, babybjorn has a carrier active and latest carrier synergy for up to 12kg bbies..
i also use the MIM sling but find that my back hurts after a while.

thanks mummies for ur info. i've gotten the bb bjorn synergy aft much consideration!
happy.gif

Hi mommies, can i check where can we purchase the carriers? does robinsons or kiddy palace carry it? and also how much roughly one costs?

thanks

I also use ERGO! Up till now when my ger is 22mths! She loves to be carried this way esp so when she dislike sitting on the stroller!

Ergo can be found at metro. Price wise, I am not too sure. Bought it quite some time ago.

I bought the Combi Ninna Nanna 4-way baby carrier during Isetan private sales.

It is meant for newborn ~ 30months.

i use the BabyBjorn Air and I love it! at first someone passed me a Thomas Bauer carrier with a lot of clips all over the place, very "messy" and it look me a long while to figure it all out. after a while i decided that it was just not happening for me, so i sent my hubby out to buy the BB and we haven't regretted it :D

i just bought 2nd hand babybjorn active from one of the mummies in the forum. brand new bjorn are quite expensive, so i opt for 2nd hand, still in good condition - i can say. after all, it will only be used for few months.

May I ask if anyone knows of the bb carrier that can carry with bb facing front(ie the crowd) or can carry back together with hip carrying style?

It seems ergo can only carry bb facing mummy or carry on the back.

I recall a carrier that can carry hip style, but forgot what brand it was...

ryes

The brand Pikkolo can carry baby outward-facing & inward-facing in front, hip style and on the back. But I think can only get it online.

dont buy babybjorn at mothercare.. expensive.

buy at baby hypermart at balestier there.. much cheaper.

i made mistake, bought Quinny Wrapp, not so good, no air ventilation at all so perspire alot when use.. and to take it off, got to undo baby frmo the carrier.. very troublesome. if i did my research, i would have bought babybjorn.. I only bought Quinny Wrapp to match my Quinny Buzz. haha.

I use the ergo and I absolutely love it!!! Mainly it's for carrying the younger boy, who is 23 months now. Used it for trips to twn and phuket too cos it's so much more convenient compared to a stroller.

even the kor kor, who is 3.5 YO uses it... haha. but his is back carry, if not, i really cannot see in front cos short mummy :p

I have this baby carrier to sell, if anyone is interested. Only used once. Still very new and inside the package. Selling at $10
1585265.jpg

Hi

does anyone knows where go get cheaper priced ergo carrier? Those online I've checked are selling at $182...

also those who are using the infant inserts, are they really very useful?

Also which retail shop sells ergo? Robinsons? Metros?

hi,

i just bought infantino eurorider carrier & simply love it so muchh. the padded straps give a good support to ur shoulder + the crossed back clip is comfortable & adjustable so that it support the strongest part of your body. can put baby to face in or out. bought at kiddy place & after member disc, i paid about 80++.

Initially i do intend to get babybjon too but kiddy palace dun have. so in the end bought this brand. but i tink the design is somehow similar to tht of babybjon...but i still love it anyway....heh

Hi mommies,

I have a BB Synergy which I've just started practising with my 2 mths daughter. She squirms a lot in it, and only after 15 to 30 minutes she wants to be released.

I wonder if it is because the BB "locks" baby into position rather like a "hanging" position, leaving no room for much movement. Are they comfortable in that "hanging" position?

Any other mommies with similar experience? Does the Ergo fare better in this area?

Hi mummies,

just to share. i bought a 2nd hand ergo and it is the most comfortable carrier on the shoulders. i've used many others such as baby bjorn (original, snugli, sling, pouch)

drawback about ergo is that it is v. hot! the material is v. thick which probably is why it's more comfortable than those thin straps but me and my baby are the type to perspire a lot so carrying baby in the front tends to be v. hot.

another drawback is that it cannot face front and my bb sometimes is v. kpo and has to turn his neck left and right to look at things. can hip carry though and it's a v. comfortable position but bb hard to sleep and you are a bit wider so must be careful in crowded places so as not to bump bb into other ppl

anyone has feedback on pikkolo?? don't like bb bjorn even the new one cos i think once bb is heavy, it's a tight squeeze into the carrier and read that hanging down like dat is not good for bb. ergo lets the bb "sit" rather than hang so it's supposed to be better for bb's bones development.

I agree that ergo is one of the best. I bought mine several months ago to bring baby on a trip to bangkok. Never had a backache like when i was using the MIM sling, which pulls on the back in one direction.

I have BBjorn air.. Training my bb in it cos she really like to look around.. It's just that she usually spits milk whenever I put her in.. ANybody know is it ok if bb spits milk quite often n the amount is oso sometimes not little ? what to do ?
if no spits, the BB air is comfortable for parents like me cos it hold ur waist oso so wont hv waist aching :p

Lingling,

I started using the Bjorn when my son was abt 3mths old. In the begining, he did spit up a bit of milk. I believe its caused by being pressed against my body while in the carrier.

You might want to burp your baby and try not to put her in the carrier too soon after feeding.

My boy is now 15mths and I have switched to Ergo which I find that its more comfortable than Bjorn.

I love my Pikkolo, think cannot get locally. Considered the Bjorn too due to the sleek look but their functions are limited and I have got a heavy bb... Pikkolo can do front, rear facing and piggy back toddlers too who are below 20+kg. =)
My bb is now 11kg in his 10th mth, got no stress on my back cos I carried him to sleep.
About S$180+...

my baby love baby bjorn synergy... it's very comfortable for my shoulder and back. alot of people wear it the wrong way.. if your back and shoulder are aching, tat means u wear it wrongly.

my baby love sitting in the synergy and explore around. and it's very comfy for him until sometimes he fall asleep...

i bought it around $240 (retail price:$299)

hi Aylene... tks... but I think mayb my bb is just one of that bb who spits more than ordinary.. WOrrisome for me thou... Cos dont know whether is it ok or not for a bb to spit often n sometimes quite a lot like her... Dunno how to differentiate also whether it's normal thing or not, cos this is really my very 1st... anybody can advise on this ?

Muzicgal : very nice ur bb can sleep in the carrier. My bb still need to get use to that... How did you make your bb sleep in bbjorn in the 1st place ? Can u share ? Thanks

Hi Ling ling,

I was worried when my son spit up the 1st time too. I know how you are feeling. You need to monitor the situation. If she tends to spit up each time you put her in the carrier then maybe she might not be comfortable.

Once my son got used to the carriers, Bjorn and Ergo, he can sleep very well in it. As compared to stroller and carrier, he falls a sleep faster in the latter and without his pacifier.

After looking ard for something babies will fall asleep. Maybe you want to place her facing you when you r trying to make her sleep.

Hi Aylene....
Thanks.... My bb doesnt only spit when she's being put in the carrier.. Carrying her or sitting her uprite or excite her also can make her spit... :p
Beside the spit I think she kinda enjoy the sitting in the carrier as she can explore the surrounding yet still close to the mom's heart.. Actually even thou she spit, she still looks cheerful n undisturbed.. Only us the parent who troubled hehehe...
Will need to see more of this... Btw, where we can find Ergo ?

muzicgal (muzicgal) ,

this carrier not so good le. when I used it, shoulder & back also feel pain.

you mentioned that may be bcos of ppl used it wrongly. Can you teach me the correct way to use it?

or may be bcos of my baby too heavy, she's about 8.5kg.

thanks for teaching.. ;p

I am using BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Synergy.
My baby is about 8.7kg.
Find it comfortable. Of course if carry for too long, I will feel abit of ache.

But if you never wear it properly, ur shoulder and back hurts.

Suki, urs is BBjorn synergy or the old model ? they have 2 model, one with the waist support , one not.. the 1 with waist support feel quite comfy actually cos it help to hold ur waist n back
happy.gif

I agree, Ergo is very hot. Had to keep washing it if not, got sweat smell. Found that I can only use it in air-con places. That's why I switched to Carry-B. Lot of ventilation because of the openings on the sides and the material is also cooling. More suitable for our weather here.

I am glad there are more choices now in terms of baby carrier. I really like my Carry-B baby carrier because apart from the comfort and convenience, it also suits the city lifestyle more. I mean, I don't want to look like I am going camping when I am shopping! Lightweight, durable and cooling. What an awesome baby carrier
happy.gif

Back