• 3 - its ok, no diff from other cafes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - not that interested

• 1 - it doesn't help me at all

• Total voters

babo666

Hi everyone, so ignore my nick cos i typed it randomly, now i cant change it. So im a 2014 dad and my wife and i realised that, there are absolutely no real baby-friendly cafes/eateries in singapore.

Toddler-friendly yes, but not really for younger babies who cant sit up yet.

We faced this problem for the first time when we went out to have a Mothers' day meal, and that restaurant was damn cramped, no space for stroller. Anyway baby cried and wants to carry, in the end my mum carried her around and her food went cold.

whenever we need to go out to shop for baby stuff. We ourselves also have to leave baby at home with my mum and we got to rush home after that. cos theres really limited places where my wife can breastfeed and not get stared at. (some bigger places, yes we can sit at a corner and use a shawl to cover, but some places are just too cramped)

OK,

Lets say if theres a cafe, where new mums can meet up with one-another, provide support and bless items.

and seats all come with some sort of bassinet where your babies can sleep in.

And if your babies start crying for no reason!, theres a nursery room (happened to us alot) and of course there will be a diaper changing room (hate to walk all the way to nursing rooms in shopping malls) and toys.

of course menu will be specially designed for mums and mums-to-be

just trying to solve this pain point as a fellow parent! Have a meal in peace beside your baby!

after reading this, hope everyone can just help me do the poll and give me suggestions to make it better! also, are you comfortable with males (mainly other dads like myself) around while breastfeeding?

Last edited:
Babies are messy.. The bassinets will be dirty very quickly. And will the cafe be super noisy with so many babies? Haha... Interesting concept though. I will try it at least once. Good luck!

Back