Anyone Staying at Bukit Panjang or nearby?

Hi Firefly,
Not checking MMI as it is too far from my nanny's house at blk 429.

My Selections (not in priority)
1) Blk 435 child care - money worth but no vacancy, near blk 429 but no more vacancy even for waiting list. Teachers are diploma certified.

2) Ichiban playgroup - very keen, still got vacancy for morning session. Went there once and the children there are very active & lively. Need to arrange someone to fetch my girl there.
sad.gif

3) Amazing star child care @ Greenridge - good but children are quiet may be too discipline. Playgroup = 18mth to 29month, Nursery start from 30months. Also need to arrange someone to fetch my girl there.
sad.gif

4) YMCA Blk 510 - ok, did not manage to see how the teacher conduct class.

5) Kinderland@Bankit - Too expensive and the age group is from 18month to 3years. Morning session all taken up. If keen, they need to apply to take in more children. Afternoon session, saw 5 small <=2 old boys and 1 girl who is 3 years old playing... Think most parent left their children for morning care, afternoon the children can sleep at home.

6)Smiling Star@Pending CC - Limited vacancy but the children also very active. Yet to see how the class conduct.

I personally prefer my girl who is now 2 to mix with the older group children. Hope that she can be more outspoken, interactive and sociable. Willing to share things with other children.

===============
check out this link for all childcare center at BP
http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCccSrch.jsp

anyone Know about ichiban childcare center(senja blk 631)?

they got 3hrs programm for nusery..but i dunnO isit a good school cos never heard about ichiban.

the principal told me that all their teachers are diploma certified....

I stay at 631.Just some feedback on Ichiban..

The childcare at 631 was previously operating under another mgmt. Understand that it has been bought over by Ichiban, but most of the staff remains the same.

Remember many occassions where I can hear the teachers scolding the children in a very irritated and impatient tone. Think they have a couple of PRC teachers too..

My gal attended the playgroup at 630 Tods House for 1 month, and went to TalentPlus at 607. She enjoyed TalentPlus, teachers were very caring and patient. My neighbours twins at Todshouse, liked the teachers very much too..

hey... juz curious!!!

anu SAHM mum here who has bb born in 2008 too?
m gg to do a meet up w another friend to do some play for e bb. keen to join? will be at my place. senja 627

Hi Taurus033,

Perhaps my gal was too young when she went to TodsHouse, she kept crying, and had very bad separation anxiety. Even walking to the direction of the school makes her very anxious.. It didnt help that the teachers chased us out of the class and were unable to comfort her.

When she attended Talent Plus half a year later, she was less afraid, and the teachers could give her more attention, as there were only 1-2 new kids.

All that said, it really depends on the child. My neighbour's twin boys like Tods House, and I have heard good review about the school too!

Hope that helps!

Dear mummies,

Does anyone have partime domestic helper to recommend? Need one to do housework, ironing etc urgently...

Decided to be maid less and send my elder gal to Childcare instead..

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sunnysun,

sorry, long time nvr visit this thread...
sad to hear that you're withdrawing!
my boy's Donovan. We in the same class?
can't really remember the teacher's name but the chinese teacher is xu lao shi..
just changed to a bigger room last lesson.
its much more spacious now..

hi hoho,
thanks for sharing..
i think my son really like the place..
enjoying his leasson quite well.. hehe

Hi yo,
I stay at Fajar
happy.gif
How old are the babies? Good to have informal playgroup.. for babies to play together

hi donovan mummy, yes we are in the same class. im zhengyan's mummy duno u remmeber or not. The fatty naughty boy
biggrin.gif
. The English teacher is sahara right. How long Donovan been with zoophonics? I notice he is v attentive in the class unlike mine always throwing temper
angry.gif

Hi all,
I am new here, staying in Blk 538, Jelapang rd. May i join in for chat.
I have a 14mths girl &amp; currently searching for playgroup info; wanted to send her to playgrp when she is 18mths. But don't know where to start from. Need your advise. Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

oh.. Zhengyan is the other Ryan izzit?
hehe...no lah.. he too timid to move.. hahaha..
but he like music a lot so he will pay attention loh..
how old is Zhengyan?

Dear all,

Have any of u enrol your child in Adelfibel childcare at Blk 435 Fajar Rd (opp Fajar lrt). I called up the other day to ask for vacancy but they told that they have no vacancy till the year after next, next year already full also. Is it really that good?

hi christina,
my niece is from there previously. I heard from my sis that they are good. My mom keep asking me to put on waitlist and transfer my son over once they have vacancy.

Hi Smurfy,

But have to wait so long..if i know i would have called them before my gal turn 18mths. Now got to wait till 2010.

Hi Christina,
Same here, I checked with Adelfibel also got the same answer. I saw their book more than 8 children on waiting list. Their center can only take 12 children.
sad.gif
very sad.

They said parent put their children on waiting once they are born. My neighbour registered her son when he was 6 months old.

hi,
I think just put the name and wait. Can tentatively place in other cc first.

Now the cc that my son is in is so expensive i thot will be good but i am totally disappointed with the way they handle the HFMD outbreak. And also they seems to give such meagre amount of food to my son that I feel he is growing thinner. Everyday when he comes home, still can eat rice and soup though the cc give dinner already.

So I sourcing for another cc already. Another good one is YMCA at Blk 217 Petir rd but not convenient for me also.

By the way, anyone interested in ordering Black and White Brownie from Melvados? $25 each box and free delivery above $100 so need 4 boxes to order. I will be taking one box.

hi christina,
Becos i also have another niece who is studying there and my sis is full of praises for the centre.

hi ladies, sori i nid enlightenment.
wat's d difference between nusery and childcare.
If i wer to send my ger to a full time childcare. does dat include nursery?

BTW, which childcare in BT panjang is gd? How long in advance do i nid to secure the place?

HiHi, Any 1 had comment for these 2 childcare in Bt Panjang?
Was considering between these 2. Would like to noe the good and bad comments abt it before deciding.

Hi Fifi

Childcare centre provide care &amp; education from 18mths onwards till 6 yrs old. After that, they attend pri school. Therefore, childcare definitely have programme for nursery. In childcare setting, there are 5 level - Playgroup for 18mths, Nursery 1 for 2-3yrs, Nursery 2 for 3-4yrs, K1 for 4-5yrs &amp; K2 for 5-6 yrs. The child will be place into the respective class based on their age.

However, in those PCF kindergarten, a child must be 4 yrs old to attend their nursery class. The programme is about 3-4 hrs whereas childcare is a full-day programme. If u are working, you might consider to place ur child at a childcare centre.

I m also looking ard for a childcare for my gal but unfortunately, that childcare that i m interested in at 439 is full till 2010.

Hi Christina,

Thanks for your explaination. Now i've a clearer pix liao. Heez....

R u talking abt Adelfibel childcare @ 435? Have called up them. wait till 2010 is too late for my ger liao. She'll b turning 18mths by next April.

Do you've any reco for others childcare available in BT Panjang? Am a FTWM, so looking for a full time program.

How's abt St joseph Childcare? Have u heard of any comments for them?

Hi Fifi,

I am not sure about St Joseph but I have visited New Life and I quite like that place. Have put my child on waitlist but have to give it up for reasons not related to the childcare itself.

I just received a call today informing me that they have vacancy for Dec. But i told them that I have to give them a miss. You might want to go down to visit the place and make the decision? Hope that helps
happy.gif

Hi hazeline,

So coincidently. I called up New Life today oso. Jac requested me to go down have a look and place in waitlist for next yr. Am still wondering any gd comments for em anot heez...
So now think I shld go down had a discussion wif em.

new life
I had visited New Life before last year before I enrolled my girl into Little Pals (now Ichiban Montessori) and I didn't like that place. IMO, the place was not very clean and had mozzies buzzing around. That place just didn't give me the "good" feeling so I dropped it. Also, from 4 onwards, the kids will be sitting in the video room watching cartoon while waiting for parents to come pick them up and it was quite chaotic in the video room as all the big kids and small kids were put together.

I was considering Amazing Star and Kinderland for childcare but later on, I decided not to send my girl for CC but send her to playgroup instead at Little Pals as I felt it was more economical to have a maid at home and yet let her learn something at playschool every morning.

Does any mummy have feedback on Learning Ladder (opp Ten Mile Junction) or Innate Montessori (at TOh Yi)

Intending to send my 3.5yr old gal to CC, but am undecided on which CC.

Hi all,

Went to visit Carpe Diem yesterday, the child spent most of the time in the various learning corners in the center such as drama corners, library corner or block corners. Ongly the K1 and K2 children will be taught in a classroom setting. So basically the children are learning through base on what the teacher say.

What do you think of this way of teaching?

hi sunnysun, donovan just turn 2 early tis month..
i tink i join abt the same time as you?
Donovan quite enjoy the class..
maybe you should let Zhengyan try a few more lessons? Donovan still can't really talk but now can pronounce a - o... tink becos we got practise at home..

hi all

I am new here, staying at Segar. I have a boy 17 mths currently searching for childcare for him. Any comment on New Life and YMCA (blk 510) child care.

hi
actually PCF pre-nursery is not bad -- i was quite skeptical of sending my child there initially but after joining and seeing so many programmes they put in for the child, i am very convinced that the blk 528 is in the top band of PCF schools among all other PCF schools in Singapore..

fyi.. my child is in their pre nursery..

Hi jrt_gal,

how much is the fee &amp; class size? How many teachers in the size? Is it a 2-hrs programme also? I heard that Blk 528 pcf is the best in bt panjang and wanted to enrol for my child so that next time she can qualify for the premium K1 but if i register there, my mum need to walk very far to send her my gal there.

Hello Snowzzy, re: yr qns on doctors.. if you don't mind the distance, my PD, Kinderclinic has a night clinic at Holland Grove Road.
Took this from yellow pages:
General Information
Company Name : Kinder Clinic
Product Category : Paediatricians
Address : Henry Park
34 Holland Grove Road
Singapore 278808
Located @ Holland
Phone : 64653050

I think they close at 9pm every night.. you can give them a call to check
happy.gif

hi christina

yes, in fact i am nearer to blk 450 but apparently i don't quite like the principal there and their programme..

there's 2 teachers and class size i am not sure but i think is approximately 10... end up now i am paying the school bus fee as it is very far for me to walk also..

actually PCF is not cheap.. but given their programme, it is comparable or even better than commerical ones.. at least the MP will even take time to meet up with us parents, enjoy their buffet and give them feedbacks..

my child now in their pre-nusery and fee is $160 (can pay by baby bonus) and the place is all fully aircondition. include 1 small meal (but actually quite nice meals..normally give like macaroni, healthy burgers n etc..)

the school bus fee is $85 tou... abit ex....haiz.. where do u stay christina?

Hi

I'm new here, hope to meet more mummies.
Thinking of enrolling my son in the PCF at Blk 620. Any comments on this PCF?

Thanks.

Anyone has general comments on Apple Tree. Tot of sending my gal for playgroup. Apple tree is opening at Zhenghua CC next yr.

Back