Any SAHM staying at Yishun?

Hi,

I'm trying to contact Ayu. Any one has her M'sia contact? I only have her Sg contact but her hp is always off.

Can pm me if you have her no?

Many TIA.

hello mummies

can i check with you all any one of you have send your kids to preschool at little footprint at chong pang? can i have feed back?

What about apple tree?

hi blur,

my baby haven reach the age to go preschool yet.. heeehe.. maybe u ask around more mummies here.. heeh
happy.gif
cant help u much.. soryy ~~~~~

hi mummies

i am lookinf for playgroup around yishun cong pang area. Do you have comments on apple tree and talent plus, or any other playgroups?

Hi mommies,
Really appreciate if u can help. Me need a rm for my family (4 including me) for short term rental while waiting for our flat. No cooking... only go back at night to sleep. Pls PM me if anyone got lobang. Thanks

hi mummies,
i am new in this thread, my hav 2 kids elder gal 6yrs old n boy 30 months.i stay at blk 397 yishun.

princess gal,
u are active here oso?

Fei ming,

haha as long gt yishun thread i m active one.. heehee.. btw this thread been very long nv have mummies post le.. dun knw all go where le.
happy.gif
tat y i also nv come in here very long already !!!

Gd afternoon ladies

now i looking for halfday CC or playgroups in Yishun.. Mil can help to take care of Alden during weekdays liao. Any recommendations near blk 208? tks

hi lingbaobao,
Sorry for the late reply as i seldom check the thread.
Thanks for the concern. Yes, he had discharged after stay at NICU for ~ 2 mths.

hi relaxfun,
I'm looking for CC or playgroups in Yishun too...
Any mommies can advise good CC or playgroups in Yishun? TIA!

Meiji,

First thing is to pay $50 for registeration fee in order to get a Q number from the school. Quite a long q i am telling you...

Hi All

I am also a SAHM in Yishun. I have 2 daughters one is 22mths and the other is 3 mths old.
Any recommendations of playschool around Yishun? As we just came back from States (hubby went to work there for more than 2 years).

Just to share.

Date: 17 & 18 Nov
Time: 10am to 8pm
Venue: Orchard Country Club, Recreational Clubhouse

http://www.orchidclub.com/

Highlights Include:
- Water games
- Game stalls
- Free balloons for all children
- Inflatables & bouncing castles
- Music & entertainment
- Food & more food stalls
- Xmas Flea market and bazaar stalls
- Swimming Competition
- Tennis competition
- Lucky draw & many more programs for the whole family

To join the carnival, u can purchase carnival coupon booklets. Booklet consist of games & food coupons redeemable at the Family Carnival. Along with the coupon booklet, u will also get free popcorn, play at O'kidspot and a lucky draw coupon.

hi i am a working mummy my gal is 22 month i put her in the pcp sparkler tot at blk 142 quite gd as i find the school fees is afforable

Hi all Yishun mummies,

I stay Blk 321, 5mths old boy and 4yrs girl.
Any meeting for chit chatting, coffee, tea or marketing sunday...PM me.

Hi, yishun mum.
i accept PM but your email address has failed me from replying u. Pls try again.
By the way, i just move here not long ago. Flat purchase from HDB direct.

Hi

I'm from Yishun too. I hope I am not too late to join the Yishun SAHM club.

Does anyone here send their child to gym?

Any good recommendation around Yishun or Sembawang?

Anyone here have any feedbacks for the following gyms?

1) Tumble tots (Sembawang)
2) Prime Gym (Toa Payoh)
3) Above & Beyond gymnastics and sport (Bishan)
4) My Gym (Woodlands Civic Center

TIA

Hi

My sister in law from Yishun . Looking a baby to look after. Since only husband working need extra income. Call mi 90072048 if interested.

Hi,
l'm a sahm...can i join this thread..i'm staying at yishun ave 3...771..
my girl is 16mths old..wif a 2nd baby girl on d way...EDD is in aug..

hi, i juz given birth to a bb boy last mth and am staying at yishun too. Now looking for a PD in yishun. Can any mummies out there recommend?

thx alot.

Hi all,

is this thread still alive
happy.gif

I recently moved to yishun and am a sahm....

i have a boy born oct 2006 and a girl born sept 2008

anyone here interested to form todd and bb swimming class? i mean real actual swimming where they teach the bbs and todds skills. am trying to form a group :p

Hi mummies ,
Can i join in the thread as well .. currently overseas with my two boys in shanghai but coming home at the end of the year .. and looking ard for playgroups / CC.

IICY ,
u have PM
happy.gif

Hi..sorry for interrupt.
I urgently looking for carpool (I will pay) from Kaki Bukit/Eunos back to Yishun in the evening. Need to rush back after work to fetch my two babies. Please PM me if you have any lobang. Many many thanks.

Hi above mummy -christine, tauraus,chewy,liliboy
So Glad to find Yishun mums here!!solong i did not know this link till now.
Please email me at <[email protected]> .. to keep in contact becos i tend to lose thread
after sometime. I am contactable at office 6553-3809, especially at lunchtime 12noon.

Hi, i'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 4 and 8 yrs old now. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2/3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enuf. At least 2 times a week is more effective. Giving toddlers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation will not be possible if i did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one i have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which is impt for their learning process.

Thus, I'm thinking of starting a training course to mothers who wants to learn how to teach phonics YOURSELF effectively. It's oso good bonding time with your kids and with those who have more than 1 child, it's even better to do it together. U can bring yr kid along as long as they dun distract you. Lesson plan, CD and material will be included. I will teach hand actions on songs and rhymes as well as ideas on art and craft to make the whole teaching session meaningful.

Details as follows:-
- 6 to 8 week course
- 2 hours per SESSION, once a week
- Weekday morning except Thurs (pls state your preference)
- Time : 9.30 to 11.30 am (time can be adjusted)
- $50 per SESSION (including lesson plan and craft material)
- Phonics Book and CD to be purchase at $20/- per set.
This phonics course is basic phonics comprise of Consonants and Vowels. Suitable for children upto 4 yrs old.

Alternatively, if there's a demand, i will conduct a homebased playgroup cum phonics class for kids 2-3 yrs old with adult sit-in.

If you are interested, pls email to me at [email protected].

All enquiries are welcome

Hi,
I'm staying in Yishun and interested to learn phonics myself hence would like to know more about your course. As the fees of $50 is on the high side for me, I hope to have more details on the course for consideration. Eg. what kind of books/CD you're using. Details of the topics for each lesson or whole course. Please PM me on the details. Thanks.

hi i am a sahm at chong pang, looking for babies/toddlers to babysit. am a chinese christian. will do age appropriate developmental exercise/stimulation with your child.

Will do art n craft, music movement, story-reading, flashcards, vestibular stimulation, practical life, sensorial, etc with your child.

Home is humble, but clean and orderly. Have tons of educational materials, teaching aids, wooden toys, etc. I adopt teaching methods from Charlotte Mason and montessori. There will be a good balance of rest, free play, lead play etc.

For older kids, I can teach alphabets, phonics, rote counting etc. ( using montessori materials, sandpaper letter, moveable alphabet, etc)

pls feel free to email me for details.

I can do PART TIME, FULL TIME, and AD HOC baby-sitting.

$8 per hour for ad hoc. as for long and short term baby-sitting pls email for rates.

Cheers

hi jkids,

I dont know how to turn on pm. Paiseh. I don't go to ppl's house mainly because I have my own toddler with me and I cant possible bring all my materials along. (guitar, flash cards,etc)

Thanks for asking.

Cheers
Jo

Hi, I've resigned and currently a SAHM. My boy just passed his 1 year old birthday. I live in Yishun and happy to be here to meet mummies.

Hi, my boy is currently 13 months and was thinking to send him to enrichment class. Any mummies has recommendation for enrichment class at yishun? Thank you

I'm a homebased yishun preschool/enrichment teacher(fulltime). Feel free to discuss with me over my email at [email protected].
I am glad to share advice because I am happy that my 2 yo girl can speak and sing English songs.I conducted playgroup for 2 yrs old if keen.

Hi, any mummy have any comment on the child care Jollytots at Blk 865 Yishun Street 81. Thinking of sending my girl there.

Hi Yvette,
I dropped by for enquiry last year and didn't have good impression. An indian teacher (she seems to be teaching most of the sub) was explaining to us. A little kid approached her in between and she just told him to wait w/o any eye contact as if he's bothering her alot.

That's only my brief encounter with the CC hopefully there'll be more feedback fr other mums.

Hi cakey,
Thank you for your feedback. The only reason i am thinking of sending my child there is it's really very convenient as we stay near the cc. Did you send your child to any CC now? My girl is under the care of a nanny and i really think she needs to go to school as she is 3 yrs old now.

Hi Yvette,
I can't find any CC with vacancy nearby except Jollytots when I was looking mid of last year. In the end I send my kid to Greentree Montessori which is further but with school bus. You may want to chk out Cherie Hearts near Khatib Camp which provide school bus too. These are on higher end hence I only put him at 3hr care since I'm SAHM.
Otherwise you may consider sending her to playgroup such as Appletree which I think is very good for age 3.

Hi cakery, could I asked what's higher end CC? Is the curriculum more enriching? I intend to send my son to CC after he's 18 months.

Back