Any mummies staying in Japan?

hello hello,
Jap based mummies, can recommend me which ski resort is good? Thinking of going to ski resort after our business trip.

=P

Hihi. its been a while I din cm into this thread... =))

Greetings to everyone!!

jj79.. I am not stayin in JPN now.. currently in SIn for my delivery in end MARCH.. will consider of moving bk after June next yr.. might or might not hehe...

There are a few great nice friendly mummies I know in this thread who r currently stayin in JPN too.. meet up with them a couple of times... its always nice to meet ppl from the sme "home" in a diff country... of cos!! we shall meet up if u gonna mvoe bk to jpn...=)) cheers!!

milkingcow.. theres quite a couple of ski resort.. if u wan can try those newar to the FUJI mountain.. its nice too...=))

hi all...

happy.gif

dear all mummies,

i am 6 months pregnant with my first baby! and moving to tokyo this 5april.. excited yet scared!! totally new to me.. baby and tokyo!
i really need help in finding good gynae,english speaking!
please help... thanks all in advance
happy.gif

Hi Pauline, welcome to Japan. Pls PM me, will give you more info. I am due next mth, want to know more MTB too.

hi..Loomi..

sorry..i am new in this too.. what do u mean by PM u? how to do it? just heard that there is insufficient doctors to deliver babies.. getting really worried now.. please advice!

thank you so much!

<font color="aa00aa">wow .. seems alot of Jpn mummies is around.. keke..

lisa, am not too sure in TOKYO area. sorry.. unable to help...

JTS.. this is the singapore association website. u gals might be interested to join.. lotas of singaporeans gathering too.. =))

http://www.saij.org/</font>

hi pauline and lisa,

which part of tokyo are u staying? im moving over soon in aug..
happy.gif
can i add u in my msn pauline?

hi lisa,

some info tat i got from SAIJ..

Seijo Kinoshita hospital. doctor Kinoshita speaks not bad english.

Another English speaking lady gynae you can try is Dr Oshiba at Sanno > Hospital.

Sanno hospital is quite expensive to deliver at but Dr Oshiba has plenty of experience in the US and caters well to the needs of foreigners.

Dr Sakamoto at Tokyo Medical &amp; Surgical Clinic
opposite Tokyo Tower. The whole clinic is English speaking and most of his clients are foreigners. He is good and very experienced.

hope this helps.
happy.gif

Thanks tempura for the info
happy.gif
Actually i will stay in Tokyo for 2 mths with my hubby so need to visit a gynae for check up.

I think I will give Dr Oshiba a try.

Pauline: Thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry have yet to add u in my msn cos` i m currently using the hotel`s pc and its msn version is in japanese so i still yet to figure out where to add contact. Will try n add u asap.

Thanks for all mummies.

Hi mummies,

I have just visited Dr Sakamoto for a check up. So want to share my experience with all mummies.

The whole clinic is english speaking so there is no problem for us. With regards to Dr Sakamoto, he is very patient and give me ample time to discuss my condition with him. He also gives all his patient his hp no and house no. in case of emergency.
happy.gif

I have also receive a DVD that records the ultrasound scan of the baby to show my hubby. The consultant fee cost 12000 yen and the ultrasound is 8000 yen.

hope this info is helpful.

hi lisa77,

Glad that you've found a gynae that you're comfortable with!
happy.gif
and i think the charges is quite similar in singapore..

so you will be back to Singapore perm after 2mths??

hi hi everyone... sorry for disappearing for so long... just wanted to let you all know I am in the hospital now..

Will be Delivering tomorrow 19 June!!

Hi tempura,

Sorry for late reply.. didn check the site for some time. Yup i will be in Tokyo till late july.. b4 i m back in sp.

Btw I have found a gd shopping place for mummies in Tokyo. The name of the store is Akachan Honpo.
Akachan Honpo I feel is the best place to get baby stuff from. They have all things from mom's clothing during pregnancy to things for primary schooling.

This shop is on the 5th floor of TOC building about 10 mins walk from Gotanda station. There is a free shuttle bus going to TOC building from Gotanda stn. (WEST exit) on JR- Yamanote line and Tokyu-ikegami line

hw's everyone doing in jpn?.. keke..

lisa,
agreed, akachan hoppon is a very gd n nice plc to shop for kids stuff.. its like kiddy palace in SIN.. thats the place I will sure to go when I go jpn... =P..

Akachan hoppon can be found in many areas in jpn.. U can purchase online too and they have free delivery for purchase above 5000yen (if i dun rem wrgly).. =))

hi mummies... any ideas if Nagoya is a easy place to bring 3 yrs old gal? Husband going Nagoya for duty from 2 to 8 Nov, wonder shd I just tag a long since nvr been to Japan! is it too cool as I and my gal is scared of cool! Any views?thx!

Hi heartbear.. yupyup. jpn a nice plc.. =))

llynn, nagoya is almost the sme as anywhr in jpn.. =)) I took my gal (that time she was 1 yr old) over to nagoya wif hb (outstn)... was fun. Theres many nice plc to visit.. esp the castle... I believe early nov wasnt that cold over at nagoya.. ... =)) cheers!!

Hi Mummies

I have got a friend who will be moving to japan with her three year old girl.She is wondering what is value for money umbrella stroller there that she can buy from jusco(not too expensive for fear kid will outgrow soon) instead of bringing her big stroller over....anyone can advise?thanks

hi mummies,
i've just moved to tokyo, hino city recently with hubby and 2 yr old gal. any sporean mummies stayin close by? where can i find english or chinese children's books suitable for a 2 year old? what do u mummies usually do at home? sometimes i do get bored with my gal when we're home alone and i don't know japanese. any recommendations on jap classes? thx all
happy.gif

hi moto..

welcome to japan!
happy.gif
haha..can add me to ur msn so its easier to chat from there. [email protected]

well, you can try to go to any kinokuniya bookstore, they have a selection of english books for kids..or u can try amazon.jp

which is your nearest station?

hi Tempura,
thanx for the reply and info abt kinokuniya.
happy.gif
where can i find this bookstore? i'm located at keio line- Hirayama Joshi-Koen. it's far west of tokyo. quite ulu here. how abt yourself?

hi moto,

added u liao, but u didnt online.. hmm..im not so sure is there one near ur house but can try to check for u. im staying 4 stations away from shibuya..

hi Tempura,
i'm having trouble with internet connection at home. yahoo also giving me problems. can't seem to open my mails. we're still waiting for them to set up the connection, hopefully will get it end of this mth, now using internet card which is awfully slow. hope to chat with u soon!
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

How's weather in tokyo now?
Need a coat?
Will be in Tokyo for business meeting next week but thinking of not bringing the coat.

thanks

and are you all working or stay home mom? i wont be working for a start but realli fear will be bored, think of getting a job but i am so new to japan.

Hi mummies in Japan,

I am not a mummy yet and have been TTC for a while. I am currently staying in Tokyo and would like to see a gynae for help.

Do you know of any gynae in Tokyo who can speak English and good in helping patients to concieve?

I am not sure if anyone can see this message as it is indicated that the thread is closed.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi Hi,

any mummies in japan can offer me some advice??

i thinking of going to tokyo during CNY in feb wif hubby, son 5yrs old n daughter 1 1/2yrs.... i know its winter at tat time.. is it advisable?? will it be veri cold???

Hi Mummies in Japan,

will be moving back to Japan soon. need all of ur advise, is it really difficult to stay there where we dun understand Japanese?

Am really worry abt this.

hi mummies,

i'm so glad to find this thread. my hubby will be posted to tokyo in May this year for 2 years, and we are bringing our daughter who will be turning 3 by then. I am also pregnant, likely to be due in Aug (yes, just found out!) I wonder if anyone can advise:

1. How to find a good gyne in Tokyo or should deliver in Singapore? (hubby will still need to go over in May)

2. Vaccinations for newborn - do I need to settle all these in Singapore?

3. How to find housing in Tokyo? areas suggested? we don't drive.

4. Recommended preschools in Tokyo?

5. Do we need to pick up Japanese to survive in Tokyo? :p (same concern as jj79)

Back