Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

i checked in the GNC website..their price are indeed v exp!
sad.gif

drugstore price is so much cheaper..!

Hi all mummies

so is MYC at sembawang the more recommended school for classes etc?

i also just pulled my gal out from CC after being tramatised and sick for three weeks...the story goes on..too tired to elaborate now..

can give me some advise and recommendations for sunday classes for my two year old gal?

hi gals,
jr is back in cc today. Lagi worse than Mon. Think he's traumatised on Mon already.. today even more sticky! Bo bian i acc him whole 1/2 day till he goes home loh. Dun want him to stress till fever again.

Luckily the principal v gd.. say can acc him as long as he takes to familiar with the place. So as long as he doesn't fall sick again so frequently.. I'll let my mum acc him in sch loh. Then when he's happy there.. then slowly extend the time he's left alone there. That's wat the principal suggest to me which i like. Jr cant go the cold-turkey mth like the other kids.

stella, which cc u go to? So she recovered already u bring her back again.

grace, kumon can get within a wk if u hit the min quota fast. Else the stocks take up gotta wait v long for it to come again. So PM me ur orders if have k. I'm checking another series of titles i wanna get for jr.. if have i let u all know.

nagsterak, u saw my email? So u pull out of cc for gd ah? For Sunday classes, check out
Kidz Campus:

Sat 10:15 to 11:15

Sun 11:30 to 12:30

Songs and rhymes. Music and movements. Multimedia for 10min (different theme each mth like body parts and sea creatures). Parents allowed in.

$105 per mth. Trial is $20.

It'll be one of my backup plan if cc doesn't work out. My boy is coming to 27mths. Urs?

where's everyone today?

Today is the 1st day my mum brings jr to cc. It's worse this time as he's even more sticky with my mum. My mum gotta carry him in cc.. even during OD activities!!! Think i really gotta harden my heart liao. From tmr onwards ask my mum to leave him there alone. If not it'll get more n more difficult to separate from him.

Hai.. this is really a difficult time for us all. I see him so frighted of sch also sad.

We brought him to Kidz Campus trial yest. Well, verdict is... NOT RECOMMENDED! The teacher sucks!
The only good thing is Jr enjoys the envoronment there. With us ard, he's not afraid at all. So at ease that he doesn't wanna listen to the teacher at all. Keep wanting to go behind and play with the play gym stuff.

And guess wat? I got LECTURED by the old auntie teacher for not participating in class together with jr! Hello?? I wanted to test and see how will Jr fare in a different class... not tag along with me all the time. I wanna let him explore on his own and be braver.

Well anyway, the Kids Campus class deficts my purpose. The teacher is boring. and class only have 3 kids besides jr. And the teacher seems so impatient with Jr.. the worse teacher I've seen so far. At least the cc teachers have much more patience and are better with kids.

Looks like i just gotta bite my teeth and hang on and pray for the best!

morning mummies.
monday is always so sian...

hi bluelily
oh, so kidz campus no good. i guess you have to go to those more reputable ones then (GUG, JG, etc). Actually you might want to consider Little Neuro Tree as they have interesting games and you also know what to teach or revise with jr at home. But jr might try to find excuses not to participate and this is where you need to draw hiim back to the table.

hi nagsterak

there are a lot of enrichment classes. it is just that you need to check out the program and know what your kid likes. My girl went to quite a few initially and now i have more or less settle for 3 enrichment classes for her. Bear in mind that enrichment classes are not 'xian1 tan1' (miracle pill). You still need to revise with your kid at home.

Those very popular enrichment classes are usually located in town area. So, you need to travel just to attend that 1 hour class.

<font color="aa00aa">hi all!
so busy at work nowadays.

bluelily,
ooh..the teacher sounds bad.
yup think u gotta bite the bullet n tahan.

wendy,
i got another 4 tins.
the guardian at admiralty is oos so they helped me to call cwp..managed to reserve another 4 tins and collected them yesterday.
my hubby commented now my storeroom can open shop liao..hahaha..

nagsterak,
yup yup..i second wendy.
my boy also in a few enrichment classes..currently in 3..will drop 1 but add in another 2..haha..</font>

bluelily (bluelily), yar you let your boy hang in there for 1 week and see how.. Sometimes when they know crying doesn't work, they will try to accustom and get use to the cc lifestyle..That's y kids nowadays are so smart.. Many a times, I also got manipulated by my gals.

Ask you all hor. I bought milk powder enfagrow 1-3yrs for dd1 to try. I realise the one bought from JB and Spore, the color of milk powder is different. I wonder is there quality difference too.

<font color="aa00aa">clovy,
i heard there's difference leh.
im not sure about enfagrow cos i always buy from spore only but last time when faiq was still on nan..i did buy one tin and compared..yes the composition of nutrients in it got diff.</font>

bluelily

my gal is with pcf sparkletots at blk 585.

i am gradually starting her on full day ..today i drop her off at 8 and my hb pick her up at 3.30. tommorrow will pick her at 4.

personally , i prefer cold turkey rather than having someone to go in. I notice that when i am around my gal is v sticky to me. I know it is rather heartbreaking, but it is better to just drop off and go. for the whole of feb morning, my gal wakes up crying and keep saying dun want to go sch..wat a way to start my day.

perhaps u can ask for some feedback from the teachers.. eg, does the crying stop after a while?

as for the kidzcampus plagroup, my gal attended for a term when she is ard 1.5 yrs old. conicidentally she likes to explore this place also. not her usual self to go anywhere without me, but i dunno why suddenly after a particular session, she was so afraid and cried upon reaching the sch.

jasmine,

my gal used to attend a weekend playgroup at MMI.

I find the teacher(her name is sharon) very good and experience. u might want to give her class a try

otherwise, there is a new sch directly opp MMI Vista pt

GOOD morning all mummies!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Went to GNC on sunday, probably getting its membership card so as to enjoy its discounts..
my hubby feel not safe buying supplements direct frm US..He prefer to purchase from local GNC..
happy.gif

anyway, so long he feel safe..

any mummies tried crestar learning(civic center)?? Im thinking of going for the abacus class..
any comments if their class are good?

just dropping by to say Hi (nothing to report, very busy at work).

bluelilly, jia you on settling JR in cc!

Mommies with kids at berries (esp at woodlands branch), r u happy with berries? Still thinking (have not even recee the place yet).. I just wish that they let the parents in so that I can know what they teach so that I can reinforce at home...

lynzi..wah... u r involved in tupperware too? u really got many lobang!

Hi grace..

no choice, as my hb dun feel safe buying from U.S.
thus have to get the membership card to get cheaper price..if buy from GNC retail..
happy.gif

especially i wana get the colostrum for my boi..which is SGD78(wa,so exp!
sad.gif
)

<font color="aa00aa">morning ladies!!

aiyoh..buy that from gnc very ex leh..
i never buy from the gnc here even though hubby has the membership card..
even with shipping its still cheaper getting from spree.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">crazy me is looking thru amazon website now and listing the books i wana get for my boy and myself..haha</font>

Thks gals. Today my mum left Jr alone in cc from 9am - 11 am. Cry when my mum left, cry when he sees my mum when she goes to fetch.
But according to the principal.. he stopped crying after a while. I dunno if he cried again after a while anot.. but at least this time din scream. Din cry till vomit. Seems like got hope. Now just hope that he wont fall sick so fast again.

stella, pcf sparkletots is a cc ah? How long has ur gal been there? I'm keeping Jr on half day 1st.. even though i paid for full day. Let him slowly get used to it 1st. Jr cry till fever on his @nd day of sch last wk leh. tt's y now i'm more cautious. V scared.

BTw, kumon bks havent hit quota. If u all urgent can just get from BP. I'm thinking of getting this set of bks too. If anyone interested let me know.

3683202.jpg

Photo courtesy of another mummy.

<font color="aa00aa">anyone else wana get the kumon from xiaochuan?
its free delivery for 12 books.
wendy getting 3 books..i'm getting 7 books..we need another 2 books to get free delivery..if not postage will be charged extra.</font>

lynzi
i'm getting 4 lah. aiyah, the other maze book not available leh. if not, got free delivery liao. let me see the link again.

hi bluelily
slightly cheaper. but i got the best price in the last BP.

hi bloom
I am very happy with Berries. Do note that Berries do give out materials after each lesson. You can make a trip down and they will show you what sort of materials you will be getting from them. They even include some notes as to what and/or how to revise with them.

Berries will definately be the 'permanent' enrichment class for my girl.

Hi mummies,

i stay in woodlands too.. have frequent this thread but disappeared for quite sometime. :p doubt anyone can remember me.. haa

i m interested in I Can Read, the 1 in Civic centre, any mummy send your kids there? is it good? hope mummies can give me some advice.

hi lynzi. wat ths link for xiaochun bp?...

yan 0 my girl started 1 can read last mont.. so far she like the class....

grace , enaile and some other mummies also have kids there, maybe they can give more feedback cos mine only few lesson now.. at home i go enfore her sight words cos for english not all words are phonetic.,, her school teaches, so at home just do 10 min a day,,, hee hope i not kaisu.. cos i lazy mum some time really cant spend the time to teach,, ( hmm feels guilty )
sad.gif

yan- ha i rememb you .. think last yr you came into the thread
happy.gif

berries is good, my girl improve super fast and she like the way the class is conduted,,, i like the teacher cos they are alwaye very cheerful and friendly
happy.gif

Good morning all mummies!
happy.gif

hi wendy, where is the loc of berries your gal is attending her class?? chinese school, rite?

<font color="aa00aa">mummies,
i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone knows how to get rid of lizard..or rather a super HUGE lizard??
this morning i woke up and went to the hall to open the window then i i heard a super loud tsk sound that lizards always make..then i saw this super HUGE lizard went into my house from the window that i just opened..i was so scared that i left my house with the lights still switched on..
i so hate lizards..</font>

lynzi (lynzi1606), luckily I bought 1 tin from JB to try since I was at Juzco last weekend. Think I would most probably stick back to Singapore milk powder.

Mummy to PrincessA (wesim), I was late taking my gal to Berries yesterday. Thought of letting you know when we meet. Anyway, you have pm.

bee (didibee): Rgdg Berries yar, most of the teachers are from china so Chinese for sure would be very good. The teacher for N1 class, which Wendy and I send our gals to, I think is local wor cos I heard her spoke very good proper English to a Malay parent. Yup there is a matured Malay student, older than the rest of the students in N1. Woodlands Berries is located at Woodlands CC. The Berries put up posters, ang pows and the meaning of the days in CNY on the bulletin board as a form of decoration. I read them and find their translation to English is rather bad, hehehee.

<font color="aa00aa">clovy,
oh at woodlands cc..and got malay student also?
how are the fees like?
N1 is for how old?
lizard eat insects..and what kind of insects might there be in a house? so far the pest in my house is only this lizard and the occasional ants..hehe</font>

clovy, can i ask how much is the fees like for N1 at berries? was at wdlands CC last sun n saw so many kids outside berries....

morning mummies.

hi bee
Berries has a mixture of local and foreign-talent staff. Mine and Clovy's are in N1 (2007).

hi clovy
i guess so too when i did not see you yesterday. Received your PM. My girl was ok yesterday. She was the one who wanted to go in the class.

Hi lynzi
Yes, there is one Malay boy in our girls' class (N1 for those born in 2007). One term (12 lessons) is about $35X...i just paid for the second term yesterday.

forgot to add. If the lizard urinates in your towel, you will have rashes all over your body. My ex-colleauge was one of them (the doc told her).

For those who are interested in Berries, you can let your kid attend the trial lesson first before registering. I think the trial lesson is about $12 (an estimation).

The first term for all classes are ending on the week of March 22. The second term will start on the following week.

lynzi, buy lizard trap from ntuc! But so far i only managed to catch the smaller lizards with it. My house is infested with lizards too. Normally will get hb to get rid of it.

lynzi, let me know when u find the soln to the lizards cos i am afraid of lizards and they are in my house too!

re berries, i suppose all of u attended the weekday class. what abt weekend class? are the teachers the same? $35x for 12 lessons..arghhh.... so those born in 2006 will be N2? ahahhaa... N2 for a non chinese speaking gal... wish i have time to teach her chinese in a interesting way on my own...

wesim, lizards are not good when they give u heart attack..sometimes i feel that its THEIR house, not mine :p

bloom,
when it comes to Chinese, i leave it to the experts. But, i still teach my girl Chinese about 15 mins a day (writing + flashcards + reading books).

when it comes to Chinese, i am not that innovative. i guess it is because my ex-Chinese teachers are damn boring! Only know how to use ruler to wack when we make mistakes for the ting1xie3 (spelling) and mo4xie3 (dictation). Sigh....those were the time.

Back