Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

Bluelily,
If can totally of course good. If not, give only when he throw temper, crying non-stop. If he didn't ask for..then...don't give. Slowly he will use to it.

good morning all mummies,
was on leave last thurs and fri.
yesterday had a home party for my boy who is turning 6 this fri. now, my whole body aching.

I working at tg pagar also, i've motion sickness one, cannot take bus, car, only train ok.

hi serene, I thought I am the only person have this type of wierd motion sickness. For me, its not always but sometimes. So I don't know what actually trigger my motion sickness on car and bus. :-(

I also got motion sickness.. but not everytime. Only when sit too long or too tired. I cant zz on those buses with seats facing the back.. i'll puke.

hi alvin,

i went to learning vision vista pt open hse last sat..quite impressed with the facilities over there and heard good comments from parents also...

I have put my gal (31 mths) on waiting list for PCF at blk 581 and i guess the waiting list shld be full by now. During august, there is only two vacancies in the waiting list..and priority goes to siblings of students attending PCF..so even though i am in the waiting list, i am not guaranteed a place.

Hi Alvin,

I am also staying near Vista Point and I will be sending my girl to MMI in January, she'll be 30 months by then.

Hi Bluelily,

I made my girl quit the pacifier cold turkey. Got this tip from my colleague, I dipped the pacifier in vinegar and made her smell it. Haha! She got so turned off by the smell that she doesn't even want to come near it. I kept the smelly pacifier in a plastic container for about 2 weeks in our room and everytime my girl wakes up in the middle of the night, I act as if I will open the plastic container and give her the smelly pacifier. She totally refused it all the time and just went back to sleep without making any fuss.

Maybe this will work for you too?
happy.gif

Hi Stella,

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I went to visit Learning Vision at Vista Point too. The lady manager very friendly. One thing I don't really like is the kids of different age groups are running around together. ALso the charges are on the high side. Classrooms also "open concept", can be quite nosiy at times.

I also called up PCF at 581 just a week ago. Was told the same. I asked them how come the registration start end sept, call to be on waitlist can be as early as june??? I understand about the "priority goes to siblings of students" but not the early registration thru phone call. Too kiasu. I think my quene is way below, no chance at all.

Now i looking at Smiling Star at Blk 521 and Appletree at Blk 504. Smiling Star with chinese language class too. 2hrs daily. BTW, my son is 30mths now.

Hi Vanessa,

MMI at Vista point or Blk 750. Heard good reviews about the MMI at 750.

When my colleague told me how she weaned her son off the pacifier, I was really laughing at her. I didn't expect that the same technique would work for my girl.
happy.gif

After those 2 weeks, I asked my girl if she wants to throw it away. She said yes so I gave her the privilege of throwing it away in the rubbish bin. It's been more than 3 months since she quit and I think she has forgotten about it.

One problem though, sometimes I would catch her sucking her thumb so I would playfully ask her to remove it from her mouth.
happy.gif

Vanessa,
hahaha!! that pacifier method sounds fantastic! thk i will try out ur method when the time comes. M wondering when though cos my boi is 19 mths.

Alvin, Stella,
have u looked at learn g vision at republic poly? i find the place so much more bigger n conducive.

ling....u hooo... r u here??
i wanna ask u where did u put ur son for playgp? the one that starts at 11am....ya....my son also late riser

Vanessa, thks for sharing the vinegar mtd! Gd idea! Yeah.. suck thumb is as bad as tutu. Hai... How old was ur gal when she quit her tutu?

lynzi,
think g of sending to 3hr play gp at phyllis riccia. I am a play play play mummy n i am a sucker for open space :p n u?? where r u putting ur boy?? btw, how old is he now?

anyone interested to attend the workshop? Venue at Admiral Country CLub, is 5mins walk from sun plaza.

Ladies' Workshops organised by Sembawang Family Enrichment Network (SFEN)

WORKSHOP 1

TASTY, CHEAP, HEALTHY COOKING

SUNDAY, 27 SEPTEMBER 2009

1.30 TO 3.00PM

Hannie Hay, an ex-airline stewardess and currently an image consultant, will show you how to whip up a great tasting meal for the family and your guests.

Women tend to forget their own nutritional needs when they are looking after their children and family. Don’t neglect your own health and start paying more attention to what your body needs.

Hannie will walk you through the different stages – youth, pregnancy, nursing mothers, menopause, etc - and provide advice on keeping yourself healthy, youthful and fit.

WORKSHOP 2

KNOW YOUR SHAPE AND STYLE

SUNDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2009

1.30 TO 3.00PM

There is no real secret to looking good. Hannie will give you some down to earth advice on choosing clothes that will suit your body shape and lifestyle, without breaking the bank.

Attractive and inexpensive clothes will also be on sale at the Fashion Bazaar.

Ring Emily at 6454 2420 or Charlotte at 9679 1504 to register.

good morning mira, i rec'd a reminder email from Batam view for the payment, they extended the payment date till this fri. u still interested??

mira..oh u paid liao. then y they still send me email say I havn't pay. maybe if pay again, can have another room at $50/-....hehehe

bee, can give me details of the parenting talk, if suitable, would like to attend also....nowadays children of this generation are not easy, must equip ourselves thru guidance talk in handling them..

leila and bluelily, i started weaning her off the pacifier at 18 months. i will only give it to her when she needs to take her afternoon nap and when we sleep at night. i would never bring it when we're going out. somehow she got used to it so she can also fall asleep without pacifier when we're out. i would give her bread, biscuits or cereals to munch on when she craves for the pacifier.

the vinegar incident happened when she was 22mos old. she's 26 mos old now and the thumb-sucking happens rarely so i am not very worried about it.

Hi hi mummies,

I am back... was on mc for the last 3 days.

Leila,

My son is on the 2nd session - 11.15am - 2.15pm.

Mummies,

JJ weaned off his pacifier when he turns one. I just tell him he is big cannot use pacifier anymore then he just throw it away himself then i thought he is joking so i pick up and give it to him... he just refused to use it anymore and then i got a lot of spare one at home... till now stay got 1 box of avent one... hahahahahah

Hiiii ! In case I forget tmrw to wish ...

Want to wish all muslim woodlands mummies SELAMAT HARI RAYA !

Non muslim mummies, HAPPY LONG WEEKEND !

:)

Yeah yeah!! Festive mood is in the air..I see many windows in every blk of flats decorated with the LED lightings..Very pretty and colorful. Hehehee...I also look forward to my neighbour's invitation for a yummy dinner. Wish all muslim families "SELEMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI"

I'm curious to know (maybe lynzi or mira can answer me) how much do you usually give in a green packet and where can I get the green packet? You know what I mean about the green packet right? Chinese New Year we give out red packet and I know Hari Raya Puasa you give green packet.

vanessa...wah.. clever move re the pacifier...

juzyounme, sorry thot u r takling abt the 2 clinics.. both me and my colleague think the male doctor is better, but the female doc is in more often, so cannot choose when ur child is sick...

clovy, now i find it ok leh. heard taht it crash a few days ago right?

everyone, selamat hari raya!!!!!!! :p

earlier on this morning not ok but now ok le... The server for this forum is getting overload.. Very scare one day need to charge us for a fee in order to use the forum..

"SELEMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI" to all muslim mummies.

I today very 烦, tmr sending my maid back, cos' cannot "click" with my MIL. actually i find my maid not bad, can cook, housework ok, personality also ok, but my MIL just don't like her....sigh...so have to send back to agent lor....

not taking maid for the time being liao, very sian, everyone also cannot click with my MIL...

hi everyone...

long time no come in!!!!

Juzyoume... you gone to the sembawang TCM liao... can share with me,,

My gal very bad cough past few days and now a lot of pleglem

Bee and Ling,

May i know how much is the fee for Nursery/K1/K2 at Kinderland?

I may have to put my girl there just to attend the N2 to K2 classes, and not childcare liao. Most likely i don't have a workstation in the office and will be working from home in the future. So, don't have to send my girl to childcare. Yippeeeee!!!!!!!

Back