Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

HI Lynzi.. thanks.. hehe okok if u everyday will be thr abt that timing it be easier for me to meet u ekke.. ok I sms u when i gng dwn mothercare n get the stuffs :p thansk babe!

Juzyouneme, the link for the promo item is http://shop.crocs.com/pc-20-4-kids-athens.aspx?navcategories=31,4

Price is S$15.48 before shipping
happy.gif

*eniale* - ooo, it's crocs... i don't think will get shoes for my friend's kids. coz totally clueless on feet size. will give it a miss. thank u.

i switch from angline to babybear. Find that Dr angeline just anyhow chin cai do consulting and nv really hv the answer for us. hence the switch and not gog back thr again.

<font color="aa00aa">juzyounme,
i grad in 1997 so u are just 1 yr my junior!
i was in lots of cca thruout my 4 years..hehehe.cannot make up my mind ah..
was in military band, basketball, social dance, malay LDDS.
do u still remember miss paul..the fierce music and choir teacher?
or mrs chia..fierce too but my fav lower sec science teacher, i even got miss strickland the angmoh teacher for 2 yrs in literature, mrs wong in geog.
i really enjoyed my cedar days..where all my 4 years there cedar was the B and C national track champions..had great fun cheering my heart out at national stadium..even our band got gold for few years..also loves the self-declared school hol given by the p as a reward for those achievements..hehehe...

eniale,
hehe..sure sure..anything just beep me yah!</font>

Mrning stopfactory
happy.gif

Hi mira, tml i am unable to, ned to go CCK fetch my eldest after wrk...
sad.gif

Tdy can but was thinking to go Blk 303 Opp marsiling mrt and have my hair cut..
sad.gif
fringe too lng liao..

Paging for Ling!!.. keke..

Juzyouneme,
I think she so calculative leh.. haiz..

My bb face got some rashes.. I wonder to bring him to PD or dr. Seow.. haiz..

babybearbear,
How u find bbbear clinic?? how's the charges huh??

<font color="aa00aa">wana share with u gerls faiq's achievements..he is still babbling but is more knowledgeable now.
can point to the following things correctly:
1) a to z when i asked him to point to me randomly
2) knows 1 to 5..can put the correct number of items into a basket when i asked him to
3) knows the first 7 arabic letters
4) animals - tiger, lion, zebra, giraffe, elephant, orang utan, gorilla, snake, flamingo, peacock, bear, camel, sheep, duck, rabbit, hen, dog, cat, frog, bird, polar bear, etc
5) living things in the sea - dolphin, shark, stingray, manta ray, whale, sawfish, clownfish, anglefish, coral, seahorse, starfish, sea urchin, octopus, eel
6) nature - star, moon, crescent, tree, grass
7) body parts - head, hands, legs, hair, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, fingers, elbows, back, belly button, knees, toes
8) transport - MRT, bus, car, aeroplane, helicopter, lorry, motorcycle, ship
9) colours - red, blue, green, orange, purple, pink, yellow, white, black

i am a very proud mummy...hehehe..</font>

babybearbear - where's babybear? n charges?

lynzi - wow, so u marry n give birth young as well. where were u staying during sec sch days? anyway, i was in Red Cross the whole 4 donkey years. Which Mrs Chia u talking about? Is it the one teaching Upper Sec for Maths and also the one I/C of Red Cross and always get pregnant. -_- Yes, I rem Miss Paul, but I don't know who is Miss Stickland, but I like Mrs Deans who is an ang mo teacher. I don't quite enjoy my sec sch days, which is v unlike most of the others who grad fr there.

Tweety - hmm... actually quite a number of pple do tell me that when baby sick, not necessary have to send to PD... GP should be able to see and should have the medication as well.

huh? yoz..

name : baby bear children's clinic
add : blk 849 woodlands st 82 #01-209 S730849 tel : 6269 6928

think min. they charge for consultation is $50.00...but if like common cold and fever. I'll just bring her to GP..nearer and cheaper too

mira, I stayed opp thr..mrt side..
happy.gif
happy.gif
Went to one of e salon at Blk 302, not too bad so thort of gng bk and get them trim for me..
happy.gif
they moved to Blk 302 last week..
happy.gif
happy.gif

lynzi, thats a woderful sharing.. so amazin to see our kids grw up knowing many things day by day.. and without realising.. he/she aldy have so many knowledge inside him/her hor..
happy.gif
happy.gif
Gd to hear that yr boy is absorbing wht was taught to him.. kep it up!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

mummies, i have posted a thread coz not happy. Can check out at http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353635/2506284.html?1243498715
if u were me, what would u all do? should i write in formally? or just wait for the AGM to call me back, which has not happened?

babybearbear - i didn't know St 82 have a PD. Can I find out more? Is it a male or female PD? Do they accept baby bonus card for payment? Which bus goes there, is it 911?

lynzi - good progress. eh, my boy is slower than his peers. so, haiz...

Hi juzyoume
911 goes to Babybear, but got to walk in a far bit. It is under the blocks of jumbo flats.

Brought my girl to see him once, male PD. Didnt like the attitude of the doc and nurses. I was out in under 5 mins. I am normally quite chin chye, but this doc, he doesnt give me a good feeling.

I said, "My girl has been coughing every month."
He said "That's very good already. Some parents here have their kids coughing ever week."

While I can see it from his POV, but that's not the way to answer me yah? So from then on, I just bring GP. If so serious, I bring KKH.

Been seeing Dr Seow at 888 as recommended by mummies here since last year June. Found him very caring and patient with children. Call me a sucker for service, but Dr Seow at least gives me good answers, as well as let me know what is to be expected following medication, advises when to bring them to see doc again.

Morning mummies

Dr Seow is in from Mon to Wednesday whole day...
thur to sat only morning... if I don rem wrong....

tweety, re dr gabriel, he is not in on certain evenings so u might want to check the timing (i canot rem liao)

lynzi, wahh..faiq's progress is very good!

linda, i also stop going to babybear after a while i does not like his attitude, but i think he is very nice to some parents cos many parents said he is detail and caring etc..for me, i find him condescening..maybe cos i always wear very chin chai when i go there? eg, that time my gal is always sick... and he goes (abit like ur case) that his children is also always sick (his children are sick does not mean my gal have to be always sick!). Then my gal got eczema and he keep giving steriod cream, i ask him if there is any non steriod alternative (cos steriod cream can cause thinness of skin) and he replied 'its very expensive' in a u-cannot-afford-it tone. Told him neubliser does not work for my gal and he still neb her everytime she got cough.

Juzyounme, u might want to try dr liau or his colleagues at sembawang 7-11 ... but the queue is very long.. sometimes one patient takes 1/2 hour...

Hi juzyounme,
Yah, I had wanted to switch from Dr Seow for a moment due to his "hectic" schedule. But couldnt find another doc as good as him. So no choice but to fit to his schedule lor. Good thing is my office time starts from 10am.
happy.gif
His schedule summarised is:-
Mon - Tues: Morning/ Afternoon/ Night
Wed - Thurs: Morning/ Afternoon
Fri - Sat: Morning only

If you want PD, my PD assigned from Mt E is Dr Simon Pau. He is based in Mt A. Very detailed, very very soft. A bit too soft for my liking. haha... but he is good in explaining stuff. My fren kids see him since birth till now 5 years old for serious cases.

Hi Bloom,
Exactly!! What others have, not necessary I MUST have mah. He talks to me like I am illiterate lor.

I also heard good reviews abt babybear last time. So i thought I fussy lor. But then again, I just dun like his attitude. Thinking back, I was in home clothes (T shirt and shorts) when we visited him. hahaha... maybe it is the clothes....

Anyway, I am still hoping that Dr. Chong from Victoria Medical (next to Dr Seow) comes back permanently. he is also VERY good and a mirror image of Dr Seow. The edge he had was that he is the anchor doc then and is ALWAYS in. But he went off for further 'studies' at some hospitals and wont be back long term for another 2 years I think. From birth till last year, my girl has been seeing him lor.

Linda - thanks for info. i'm really not familiar w sembawang. maybe should go there for family outing soon.

u see i work 5.5 wks &amp; the only timing i can fit is Mon &amp; Tue evening. of coz the qn will be if i want to see a Dr if it's not a Mon or Tue...

sometimes i don't find it necessary to see a PD. u know it's those flu, cough, diahorrea, which i will expect him to get as common childhood illness... and somemore he is in infant care, which can be more vulunable to germs. good thing he doesn't fall sick as badly as some other babies in infant care who are sick every other day.

if anyone knows of any GP who is also good... and covers evenings n sun, do let me know.

JTS, i want to chio pple to join in the Woodlands Baby Contest. there are components for toddlers &amp; kids under 7 yrs old, so not just for babies.

Details at:
http://www.wincouncil.org.sg/event/get_attachment/woodlands-baby-show-2009

My bus to/fro work always passed by the contest banner located near Woodlands CC. So i butt itchy, asked my husband go check out the info... and he got the contest form.

I am thinking of participating it, coz i have never been to a baby contest before &amp; don't know how it is, how strong competition &amp; what criterias they looking for. a bit thick-skinned... wondering if sign him up for the "cute baby" component &amp; also parent &amp; child look-alike component... will kena banana skins thrown at us. ;P

anyone has participated in contests, wants to share their experiences, worth to go &amp; what are the judging criterias?

hi, mummies, any of you interetsed in online group chatting? its a real time interaction ..
just leave your msn address will do

<font color="0000ff">juzounme- i ever went to for 1 cc contest,, more to lt the kid have fun etc.. judges think they are not really strict.. just go take up the contest have your kid go for some exposure...
happy.gif

anyone know clovy delivered??</font>

<font color="aa00aa">hihi mummies!!!!!!!!!!

i just came back from redang..went to berjaya redang by air.
was my hubby's idea to go hol last min to celebrate his bday yesterday...hehehe..

aniwei, clovy has given birth last sunday.
she just smsed me and some the gerls.
congrats clovy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

juzyounme,
Dr Liau at that sembawang 7-11 clinic is my family gp..everyone in my family goes to him since 8 yrs ago..my dad, my mum, my sis, me and after i got married, my hubby too and faiq.
he is a very, very nice doc.
hehehe..yah i saw that banner everytime i passed by the rc opp marsiling mrt on the way to my mil's house at 317.
was thinking of joining but i think now registration closed liao.
oh yah..the other day u asked me whether i married early? actually in malay families i'm considered old liao..married at the age of 25..all my other cousins and frens got married latest at the age of 22...gasp!</font>

grace - online chatting group with? anyway, my msn is [email protected] anyone can add me.

becky_cat - hmm, he will be just 6mths odd when contest is held, i don't think he will know whether fun or not? ok, will sign up 1st n c how.

clovy - Congrats!

lynzi - i think that one is a different contest. the one i put up the link, is still open for registration until 22 June. eh, i married at 23, but i'm a chinese.

hehe... anyone can beat me? I married at 22.
happy.gif

Hi juzyoume,
I ever enrol my girl to a contest held by mediacorp. She got thru the first round. Second round held at the mall, she was terribly cranky as it was her nap time. Ended up, we felt it was a misery for her and us. Eversince then, we never signed up for more. :p

But hor, do they have the fastest crawling baby contest? hahaha... I do really feel my #2 can crawl VERY fast lor...
happy.gif

HI lynzi
Envy envy.
happy.gif
Any pics to show?

For those staying in sembawang, woodlands or yishun, if you are interested in signing up your toddler for childcare at sembwang , Peform@ Junior playhouse, they are having a very good promotion now. They are located just one bus stop after sembawang shopping centre.

If you signed up before 1 aug 09 for full day programme, you will get free school fees for the 2nd and 3rd mth.

If you wan more info, do PM me.

Yup.
happy.gif
When I announced our ROM, the first thing people ask is if I am pregnant. Doesn't help when I only know my then BF for only a year.

My #2 is exactly 1 year old today!!!
happy.gif
Dunno still eligible anot. kaka.

Linda - i see. when i married my hb, he is still serving NS, pple also thot shot gun. hmm... u want to call Woodlands CC to check out? or sign up for the toddler's category? ur #2 also June baby eh, I'm a June baby too, my bday is this Thu.

I need lots of advice from mummies here.

Any mummies here have babies who are big-sized and have teeth at a young age? Now I don't know what to feed my baby liao.

initially i plan to start him on cereal when he was about 5mths, but coz that time his milk intake drops drastically so I started him on cereal, 1 full feed replacing 1 milk feed per dday, when he was 4.5mths and he likes that.

now whether cereal or milk, he also cannot stretch 4hrs. He is 8.6kg &amp; have 2 teeth at 5mths. His infant care teacher said that the way he is progressing, based on size &amp; teeth, seems that just milk &amp; cereal won't satisfy him.

they suggest to let him try porridge cooked by centre auntie. She said they usually soak rice for 2 hrs, then blend it... and mixed with blended meat, fish or carrots, etc... and it is v pureed.

he will turn 6 mths next Sat (not coming Sat), drinking 210ml every 4 hr. my hb &amp; me think just let him substain on his 1 full feed cereal &amp; milk until he turns 6mths. i have brought 1 banana baby food jar for teacher to try on him.

what do u all think? we thought of letting him have 2 meals instead of 1... my hb was saying when he turns 6mths, let centre feed him porridge for late morning/early afternoon feed; then i feed him cereal + milk for early evening. if that case, would it be too much? i'm v scared that he grew too huge.

I'm clueless how much porridge to give him and if give cereal plus some milk, how much milk to give... usually after 1 full feed of cereal, he is still crying for more.

In fact, i think i'm rather unprepared for his solid feeds. I haven't got any small blender, any small pot or slow cooker was thinking of getting munchkin manual blender, not sure what can be blended with it, whether meat, fish, or cooked porridge can be blended. do i need to get a food processor so as to get some fruit juice for him? or is it better to get electric stick-type of blender? what brand to buy?

i am also clueless how FTWM can cook porridge or meal aftr coming back from work and have to entertain an attention-seeking baby at the same time. Someone suggest to me to cook porridge, throw in some ingredients, in slow cooker before going to work, as I never have a slow cooker before, i am clueless if porridge + ingredients can really be cooked for so long.

are u all able to share how you started weaning, especially from a FTWM's experience... and also those who did not follow by the usual guidelines - start semi-solid only when 6mths; start each food increase bit by bit, test for allergy with same item for 4 days?

Linda, wow u married so young hehe
happy.gif
happy.gif
me 24 then get married.. keke :p

Juzyounme, I personally feel yr boy is grewing very good. Dont worry bb are big sized n chubby when small..
happy.gif
happy.gif
If u have the time to make juice for him den can consider to get a juice extracter lor, anyway this can b used for long term.. worth investing.. not necessary ned to be a branded n exp one la.. For me, i dont buy blender to blend the food.. i got it as a gift for my mum hse warming and used once only.. now inside cupboard collect dust cos i have no time to use it and my parents like to use old way to cook porridge..so doesnt like to use the blender *they find it mafan* so its up to individual.. if u feel u will use it, den can consider to get one n blend the food.. the food can b stored in the baby cube container n freeze it.. so quite convenience.

For my eldest, what I do is I will use pot to cook the porride or use those rice cooker with poridge function.. dump in the ingredient and it be done pretty soon. slow cooker is to make the porridge more soft and also can kep warm for long time on auto mode.. my bb, my parents now use the old way.. use pot n cook... dump fish/carrot etc to cook wif the porridge and feed.. my gal starts porridge pretty soon.. like 4-5 mths..

HTHS.. its all depend on individual lor.. u have to see which way suits yr daily routine timing..
happy.gif
happy.gif

reading your dilemma i'm reminded of my hubby who called me mummy gadget..hehe..
i basically have all the gadgets needed cos i think it makes my life to prepare his food so much more easier especially becos i'm a very fussy mother.
i make my own fruit purees to last me a week and freeze them in those baby cubes.
i got the braun handheld blender.
before having that, i was using an extra blender that i got as a gift for my housewarming.
i got iona thermal cooker and the shuttlechef cos with that i can cook my boy's porridge on the go outside.
i also have a small slow cooker and a pressure cooker.
i have a 2 tier electric steamer to steam his food like tofu, fish, veg, fruits.
last time, i will cook his porridge in the morning the moment i wake up.
while its cooking, i will go and bathe and get ready.
then i will store the cooked porridge into two different thermos..i got the thermos foogo food jar and also the zojirushi lunch jar.
porridge in the thermos foogo will be for lunch and the one in the zojirushi will be for dinner.
nowadays, faiq will only eat porridge for lunch.
for dinner, i will whip up food like baked potatoes, macaroni soup, baked fish, stir fry veg and some soup with rice, etc..just simple ones ah.
this is faiq's feeding schedule now:
morning bfast - oat with bananas or raspberries, french toast or pancake plus water and some fruits/ juice
10-11am - 210ml milk feed
afternoon lunch - fish porridge with spinach and carrots or corn and broccoli plus water
3-4pm tea - raisin bread/ tuna and cucumber sandwich/ carrot and cucumber sticks and biscuits plus water
after tea, another 210ml of milk
6-7pm dinner - rice with fish and veg soup/ bake potato/ macaroni soup/ macaroni and cheese/ bake fish with rice plus steamed egg 3 times a week plus water and fruits
9pm - 210ml milk feed

today faiq turns 18 mths!
my boy is growing so fast..my baby is no longer a baby..he is a toddler eager to explore the world</font>

Hi Juzyounme
NS! Wow, that's also very young.
happy.gif
My hb is 6 years my senior, hence the "haste" I guess. ahaha...more for the house than anything else too. ROMed 22, customary 24, gave birth 26.

For a start, I think big feeders are ok, as they grow to be more active, they will lose weight.

Your boy is in infant care yah? They provide lunch right? So you just have to cook dinner. For work days if no time to cook upon reaching home, I suggest you cook the night before. Eg:- After baby is asleep, cook the porridge either by normal gas pot. Once it is done to your liking, cool and keep in fridge. Next day, just make hot for dinner. If you use a slow cooker, just off the thing before going to work. Then warm it using a normal pot (faster) when it is time to eat.

Alternatively, pre-boiled stock for cooking porridge (i used ikan billis or vegetables) meant for a week. Pre-cut/ freeze meat/fish in portions meant for one time usage. Then before you go work everyday, soak the amt of rice required in a pot and defroze one portion of fish/meat in fridge. When u get home, pour away the water, use the pre-prepared stock to cook the rice and throw in the fish/meat. Rice that is soaked cooked faster to achieve the same consistency.

If your child is very hungary upon reaching home, give him half a slice of bread while heating up/ cooking the porridge.

Like Lynzi, I used to pre-blend puree enough for one week. I normally make 2 diff taste purees supply for a week. Store and freeze in portions. Before you leave work, leave one portion in the fridge. by the time you are home, puree has defrozed and just need to heat up. Check out http://www.annabelkarmel.com/ for puree ideas.

But honestly, I think purees might not be filling enough for your child. Try the porridge and see if can last longer.

I didn't get a hand held blender for porridge. When cooked long enough, the porridge can be of "blended" consistency. Porridge cooked in slow cooker also have that consistency. Just chopped the ingredients (ie fish/ vege) into small pieces, or mash them up with the feeding spoon prior to feeding.

There is no right and wrong way, just which way is suited. My 1 year old now drinks milk for breakfast, porridge for lunch abt 4 hours later, milk abt 3 hours later before nap, dinner abt 3-4 hours later. Before sleep another milk. Timing wise, 3-4 hours is ok in my standard. If you feel the timing is off (like will result in a too late pre-sleep milk) you can bring forward the meal time or to reduce his milk volume later. No need to be strictly 210ml per 4 hours basis.

Hi eniale
24 also considered young lor.
happy.gif
I think by the time it comes to our kids' era, it will be 30 at least lor.

Hi Mummies,
I went to Dr. Gabriel there this morning for my bb jab but too bad that he's on MC.. waste my trip.. gonna call b4 gg down tomor...

Congrats Clovy..

Juzyounme,
My bb is 7mth+.. I give him puree fruits and porridge/cereal twice a day. From what I know, your bb should drink at least 800ml of milk per day.( this is what I heard from my friends) then you can feed him twice porridge per day.

As for preparing of puree, I will buy some fruits to steam and blend it together and freeze it. The night before, I will take 1 cubes to feed baby. As for vege, I prefer to prepare it daily.

Linda,
U married young hor... I ROMed at 24, AD at 25 and delivered at 26.. hee... My hb same age..

Thanks for all the advices. Those who has parents or in-laws helping to take care of kids, good for u all, it will be easier &amp; have time to prepare. i also wish i can just cook the conventional way with pot &amp; without blender, not i don't have the time to do so, if let's say i come back with kid from IFC then start cooking. I'm a slow coach.

We just got a blender - those with the tall plastic and small chopper option. We intend to get munchkin manual blender. most likely we will get a small slow cooker. and the rest we will see how. i think thermal jar should be useful too?

i v scared my boy gets too huge. coz his father is 1.68m and 90 something kg... and i'm meaty too. Teachers commented he is not those active babies and he is on the lazy &amp; bo chap side.

*eniale* - u mean cooking by conventional way... the meat n veggie can be soft until pureed &amp; don't need to blend? my rice cooker no porridge function. it's those cheap cheap Morris one. how to thaw the pureed stored in baby cube when there is no microwave?

lynzi - wah sey, u got so many gadgets? my house doesn't even have built-in cupboards to store pots... my hb did comment that ur boy is eating better than both of us. i think we will be broke if we feed our boy with such gd meals. hahah. what r thermal cooker and the shuttlechef? for the food thermo jar, if i cook it by 7am, can it maintain the warmth until 7.30pm? or usually before ur boy eats dinner, u will heat up again? which brand u recommend &amp; how much... heard that z brand is v x.

Linda - my hb is 1 week younger than me. so same age. i think ur suggestions r gd. yes, they provide lunch at centre, so it's his dinner that i have to headache abt.

usually if use normal pot and cook porridge, how long does it take to get it to pureed texture, does it also mean i should put more water then usual porridge? if i use slow cooker to cook dinner for the next day should i cook it overnight and off it when i wake up at 5+am? how long does it take to get porridge cook in slow cooker until pureed texture?

the pre-boiled stock can be kept for 1 week? so long??? eh, i think he doesn't know how to eat bread yet, he is still at pureed stage.

for the pre-blend puree, do u use baby cubes? coz i will be bringing some for him to eat at IFC.

i kind of like your child's feeding pattern with milk between 2 meals. will u be introducing solid at breakfast? when did u start ur child with the dinner?

Tweety - gd to call clinic to check if Dr Seow is &amp; also check if they have stock for the vacinnation. the clinic staff did mention sometimes a lot of kids come for jabs over weekends, then they may not be in time to stock up that particular vaccination.

I think ur baby's age is the closest to mine in this thread. no worries, my baby definitely drinks more than 800ml of milk per day, unless he is not well.

can let me know how u thaw the cube?

I ROM &amp; wedding on same day when i was 23 and delivered when i was 26. yes, we are both 1982 babies! and our hbs also 1982 babies.

hi Mummies,
Just back from dr Seow.. It's so crowded today...

Juzyounme,
wow... we are same age.. hee...
I will take 1 cubes of fruit the night before and out in fridge. When I'm about to feed baby, I will use hot water to warm it only..

juzyounme,
If u wan to cook porridge in conventional method, maybe u can soak your rice overnight.. then cook will be faster or if u use slow cooker, u cook in slow fire before u go to work?? by then time u back, it will soft alr..

Hi juzyoume,
My answers in red.
happy.gif

usually if use normal pot and cook porridge, how long does it take to get it to pureed texture, does it also mean i should put more water then usual porridge? <font color="ff0000">it takes constant strring for abt 45mins over slow fire AFTER the water boil to get those cantonese style porridge. Puree texture</font>

if i use slow cooker to cook dinner for the next day should i cook it overnight and off it when i wake up at 5+am? <font color="ff0000">this is better than leaving the slow cooker on when you leave for work. At least if short circuit, you are home to manage it.</font>

how long does it take to get porridge cook in slow cooker until pureed texture? <font color="ff0000">Slow cooker is slow. haha. I reckon abt 3 hours. In slow cooker, the stuff never get boiled actually... it is more on 'steaming" and immensing over time in a hot environment. Hence soups cooked in slow cooker doesnt have much flavour compared to normal gas pots." </font>

the pre-boiled stock can be kept for 1 week? so long??? <font color="ff0000">I freeze them in portions. Can keep up to a month.</font>

eh, i think he doesn't know how to eat bread yet, he is still at pureed stage. <font color="ff0000">you be surprised. My son could munch on everything at 4 months. They just suck and suck until it melts. Just make sure it is soft and not too big piece. Or try wang wang small biscuits, those melt in your mouth type.</font>

for the pre-blend puree, do u use baby cubes? coz i will be bringing some for him to eat at IFC. <font color="ff0000">I used Munchkin storage containers/ Avent breastmilk containers. Those sizes are good for each meal portion. Never used baby cubes before... dunno what it is... but if it is those ice cube types, I think waste of space and time.</font>

i kind of like your child's feeding pattern with milk between 2 meals. <font color="ff0000">I am used to giving them milk before sleep. So normally they have that before naps and night time sleep. My 5 year old is also like this.</font>

will u be introducing solid at breakfast? <font color="ff0000">no. cos normally after his morning milk, his grandma or our helper will feed him little snacks like kueh, bread from their breakfast.</font>

when did u start ur child with the dinner? <font color="ff0000">he started porridge at abt 5mths. it was simply a replacement for one milk feed. Slowly we adjusted the timing for him so he has a "lunch time" and "dinner time". But being so young, sometimes his routine gets erratic and we adjust the volume/timing of milk accordingly.</font>

To be honest, a child will have the genes of their parents. If parents belong to bigger size, the child will be as such too. I think meals should be decent. As long as he is not snacking or eating junk food or food that is oily, perhaps you shld relax a little. At his age, he is still growing a lot. Just dun introduce sweet/oily food for him.

Everyone commented my children are bigger than peers of their age when younger. Now, I think them skinny... as they grow, very prone to illnesses, each illness will make them lose weight. That's when your heart start to ache.
happy.gif

Hi Tweety
Your hb same age as you, married 24 also considered early for men lor.
happy.gif
My hb is OLD. HAHAHAHAHA

dont use microwave to heat up or thaw baby's food ok.
its not good...can cause cancer in the long run.
i either put the cube in a bowl of hot water to thaw it or put into my boy's bottle warmer.

i bought lots of my stuff from bp that's why can get cheap.
got this valerie selling the Z brand..bought from her a few things.
the Z brand is the best cos can stay warm for 10 hours.
foogo food jar can only stay warm for 5 to 6 hours max.

my pre-made stock i will store in small amounts in separate containers and freeze them.
when i want to use then i will thaw out 1 of them.

my boy only eat brown rice so if i cook using the normal way then will take 2 hours at least...a real waste of gas.

the good thing about slow cooker is that it will make the food softer and wont get burn.
shuttlechef is by thermos brand..it works just like any thermal cooker.
the inner pot has to be heated up for about 15 minutes on the stove..then transfer to the outer pot..then can bring it out with u and the porridge will be cook on the go..but cannot open the cover for at least 4 hours.
by mealtime, the porridge will be ready and ic an feed my boy warm, fresh porridge where ever we are.

as your boy is just starting on solids, then can start slowly with one meal first..just lunch..one month later can start giving 2 meals a day..bfast and lunch.</font>

<font color="0000ff">juzounme- for me, whati do for porridge when she young. i will soak the brown rice in hotwater for abt 5-10 min. then i will blend for a while... thereafter i will cook it over stove with all the ingridents abt half cook then pour all into slow cooker... this way it faster,,, and only take abt 1hr to be ready.. then when it boiling already in the slow cooker.. i put in the fish ...( dun put too early if not meat very tough)....
</font>

hi mummies
too tired to post...time is so precious nowadays..need to plan when to wash clothes, sweep floor etc and not forgetting spending time with my girl. Now having headache, must pop two pills.

congrats to clovy

i married very young too...at 22. but gave birth to my girl in 2007...i very old liao.

hi juz
it is a headache preparing food when your kid is still young. My helper used to prepare porriage with lots of things inside (cod fish, veg etc). Very nutritious. It will be easier when they are older. Now, my girl eats whatever food we eat. but she is fussy, just like her dad. She loves soup. So, i will try to give her nutritious soup.

Back