Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

Mummies
Me v bz today...

belacan
Welcome but u cannot join here leh cos u are too young...!! (hehe... joke joke).....
U are 31 and u hv a 5 yr old gal... aiyoh...SO YOUNG!!!!!!! U sure u want to mix with us 'oldies'... but we are still young at heart lah!

C&C
Remarry - That's why die die also cannot die! Hahahah!!!

ZMM
Hope u r ok now.

styloBB..hahaha....
correct, ppl may be old but the most important is still stay young at heart...
happy.gif

scared don't have the energy, cause my 2 kids are not easy to care when they were bb.....

i also don't want too much age gap between my kids...

me now trying hard to convince hb....
biggrin.gif

styloBB..hahaha....
correct, ppl may be old but the most important is still stay young at heart...
happy.gif

scared don't have the energy, cause my 2 kids are not easy to care when they were bb.....

i also don't want too much age gap between my kids...

me now trying hard to convince hb....
biggrin.gif

Remarry,

I also don't want my HB to re-marry - I know I am selfish... We have ever discussed before... he said he will re-marry if he finds someone suitable...so sad right... I know some hubby stay "single" despite his wife is no longer around...

If it is the other way, HB is no longer around? Will you re-marry?

Belacan,
Welcome to the club ... but yeah ah, u so young, sure want to join us? Like styleBB said, we maybe ehem old, I mean matured, but still young (like 25 yrs old) at heart. Of course u r welcome to join us, but curious eh, why huh? I mean so many other threads got mommies ur age, lots of interests etc. For us, we all come her cuz we feel abit out of place on the other thread sometimes ... btw, our topics really range from anything under the sky ... enrichment prog for kids, skin cleanses, weight probs, holidays, bo chap hbs, and I think the hottest one was IN LAWS!!! Don't u agree ladies?

cowandchick,
abit shortmanpower at work so have to stretch abit. Also yesterday went to SGH for my bb chk-up. No I don't belong to DSS, but would like to. Have heard abt them. Yes I go regularly chk-ups at the Diabetic centre in Spore Gen Hosp(SGH). I bot my needles from Mustafa Centre & test strips from JB! I think cheaper than the discount DSS offer. For the meter/reader, got it free from the hospital, sponsored by the co, cuz they want u to buy the strips. Anyway if I buy from JB, it is still the same co, but save almost 50%. The insulin, I'm using Novomix, cost abt $16-$18 p/pen which will last less than a wk. So per visit to the hospital, Doc will prescribe me abt 3-4 mth supply of insulin, so cost slightly above $300, after subsidize. Lucky I got the CSC card, so no cash payment & got further subsidy. Cost will be deducted from my hb pension.

I think if u have ONE child, shud try #2. Maybe #3 will be abit 'heavy' to some, but having #2 shud be OK. Like cowandchick mentioned abt the risk of getting preggie at 35 and above, so that u r aware but that shud not stop u from having another baby. U just have to take better care of urself. I wouldn't mind having #4 & even #5 but hb so old (51), retired some more. Who knows another year or so, I mean cowandchick had her #2 at 40, so mayb might give it another go, in a year or two??? See how's my health and if I'm able to control my diabetes. Actually I'm quite content with 2 gals and a boy, but like most of u, see babies only , longing for another one.

ZMM,
Oh dear, so sorry to hear abt ur illness. God gosh, thank god u r alright, if not must ans hippo2002 question for real .... he he he, joking hor. Better find out what's the real culprit so u will be able to avoid it in the future.

Remarry.. this is today's hot topic...heh
Difficult to say leh....
Last time hb said we must die together.. I went yah, yah, yah.. now with kids, don't want lah, must hv 1 parent living so that can take care of the kids .. hahaha..
I think generally the men wl remarry (becos they have the needs) while women won't.. just my observation lah...
I had a relative who remarried.. the stepmom is nice to the two kids leh..

If for selfish reasons, then how.. what if the guy really meets someone who is nice... of course nbr 1 criteria must love the kids and not abuse them..

precious gem
Laughing at ur remark to ZMM.... !

Ur diabetes sounds serious .. cos must inject.

I see NB I never long, I only think of all those nite feeds, waking up, so siong leh...

belacan
U don't come and spoil the market here ah..(hahaha)...
35 is not old to hv another kid lah... but at least ur hb must want lah otherwise how, wl end up more disagreement cos 1 party bo chap while 1 party wants...

My hb loves kids and at least he is the type who wl take care, help and play with the kids. He is v patient with our kids. Stimes he wl bring my boy to cycle.. Last time when the twins were NBs, each of us took 1 gal, so he had to wake up to make milk for her too...

Remarry
Hmm... I never thought of this but I can't say for sure will I or will I not. Maybe by that time, nobody wants an old woman like me liao...

taramind
My hubby also can consider quite good life, however he does help out when #1 was an infant. My boy likes to play with him. I always leave him with this task. I find I don't have much patience to play with my boy those kind of boy's game - like construction, cars and truck.

- ZMM,

hope you are ok now. Wat a horrible experience. Its could be allergy but it could also be food poisoning, since several others get reactions too.

- Welcom to belacan

love your nick cos its my favourite stuff. hee...

- Stylobb

answer to Precious Gems which questions? The one about why Belecan join here. I wan to answer for her! Of cos la, this is a happening thread ok! Seriously, i chat in some other threads too but this one really run fast. And the mommies here are so COOL....
kao_wink.gif
totally

- Precious Gem

rite on, the IN LAW topics here was hot hot hot! Best place to let off steam.

REMARRY
=======
I WILL NOT allow hb to do that! hehe.. thats is if i can help it la. But gone already, wat can you do. But i really will not prefer it, the children are all mine, dun wanna let ppl have them. If reverse hor, I will remarry. haha!!! Actually I very paranoid of those stories of stepdad/mum abusing the kids. Remember the recent case of the penang gal?

Remarry...hmmm...

For hubby- I will leave it to him, how to "force" when you are not around already...but yes, very concerned if my kids wil be treated well by their new step-mum...

For me- if I find someone suitable, why not? So my kids have a new father figure in their life, but I will ensure I protect them, as they are MY kids =)

My younger kid (2.5YO) started N1 this week- so far OK, although she is in a world of her own, not always interacting with teachers and kids...will need time to get use to school I guess, will persevere to get her adjusted...

Remarry

I don't want hubby to remarry. hehe, already brain washed my kids, stepmother very evil, will throw you out of the windows. hubby will not have my girls' blessings if he remarry

but I prefer to die before my hubby, at old age. don't want to be a widow for even a day. I need a man to take care of me leh. So by that same logic, I will probably remarry in reverse situation

hehe, it's a woman's priviledge to have double standard
biggrin.gif

belacan

I'm a SAHM too. hubby also less helpful with 2nd child probably because I was already full time homemaker by then. my elder girl is much closer to her daddy compares to her younger sister. 1st year bonding is extremely important

your kids are 2002 and 2004? have you decided on a primary school for your 5 years old? attending any enrichment classes?

belacan = belachan????
hahaha.... I like to eat belachan too...

Remarry - I only know children w/o mummies v poor thing.. haiz... let's pray that we all live well and stay healthy... our spouses too.

Just went to hv dinner w hb at Morton's.... now I think I'm spilling /puking beef everywhere... so jialat...

Salespeople in S'pore - really need to buck up. We went to Raoul just now and let's just say the service leaves much to be desired....

U know, I really dislike shopping nowadays too, each time I go to a place, before I can look at the goods, wl kena 'can I help u?'.. happened again just now... My response? 'Er, I just came...' Worse if when they start to trail me around... haiz...

tamarind
I think fathers also hv post natal depression..haha.. but I think is a bit too much to ask him to look after every nite... in a way I guess it's not that we want to do everything either, it's simply we are the mummies and somehow the baby wl look for his/her mummy.

C&C
Bird's nest, funny, I had it for my boy. Tkfully he has no skin problem.
2nd pregnancy, my mil said don't eat cos wl cause bb to hv persistent cough.. so didn't take at all.. my mum also scared that time to gv me anything that is 'bu' cos carrying twins.. so nothing at all.
The gals also ok, xcept T2 used to hv patches on her forehead.. but after she turned one, her skin condition improved a lot. .Now they drink a lot of water and I find that it helps their complexion too..

tks mummies for all your concern. i'm ok now. else won't be at this forum. 8)

my HB a bit different from yours leh. already got 3 kids and he still want somemore. i said NO MORE. but he was very involved during my confinement lah. he loves kids.

but i lao liao. no more energy to go through another 9 months PG. Another round of labour PAIN? i think i will die 1st ... somemore sahm, no maid. take care of 3 myself. sometimes i'm like mad woman liddat. also when kids very young, very leh chay to take care though very cute la.

bring all 3 kids out also problem. the youngest one always running, jumping and climbing. juz now i just turned my eyes away for a moment and she climbed up the 4th storey railings of the shopping centre. give me heart attack!

if i hv more kids, i will do my groceries online, shopping online and lock all my kids at home. bwahahaha

hippo2002

i noticed u very good at "brain wash" your kids in many things. good ah! i must also do that .... must do when they young. now my dd1 pri4 already sometimes don't buy wat i say anymore. sigh.

Remarry
I won't stop him. The most important thing is to ensure I have enough insurance money for my kids and put them under the guidance of my parents or sister. The insurance money will have to be paid out monthly kind. This is to ensure my kids have money even if their daddy and new step-mum don't want them.

Most man will remarry, and since we are dead, we can stop them so we have to ensure that our kids are protected....

Taramind
Please update the table with my info :-
Nick : yuen / Age : 36 / FTWM / 6 years old girl and 19 months old boy, like to shop and watch TV and stay in Bedok.

Sunglasses for kids:

Anyone knows where to buy real kids sunglasses? Those that really can block out UV A&B. Not those play play masak kind of sunglasses.

They are making it compulsory in some Australian schools to wear sunglasses during outdoor playtime. We in Spore so hot. I think we need that too.

Tks!

hi again all
happy.gif

thanks for making me feel like at home..hahhaa...
i just click this thread to read for fun actually, but this thread make me wanna join the fun...

I'm just afraid that if I were to be preggie few yrs later I might not have the energy to keep up with the kids...

hb is very nice, very helpful actually. and yeah he is also closer with my gal, cause at that time we don't have maid yet, and i still worked part time, so when i'm at work he is the one who looked after my gal. i quit my job totally when i was due for my boy, and at that time, realized really need maid to help out.....but now also no maid already...
happy.gif

hmm..which question, in laws? hehhehe....mine was quite ok i guess, but they are not in singapore..so not so bad huh..hhhehehe....

as for my gal, probably enroll her in school at bishan area ba....she only attend art & phonic class....and i'm already feeling tired..cause need to send and pick her up myself....
happy.gif

Remarry
I agree with yuenyuen

Bird nest
I ate a lot for both my kids, but then my gal also skin problem, luckly my boy is ok.

belacan..is my favourite also...
happy.gif

sorry if i sounded long winded...so good to finally found one forum can talk abt....
happy.gif

Yuen
Agreed with you, most man will remarry.

For me, I do not care as long as I have enough finance for my kids.

Which part of bedok are you staying?

Balacan
Bishan has got many good schools....

ZMM

surprisingly those toys sunglass are actually 100% UV protected. I brought the sunglass to an optical shop to test the scale of UV protection. look out for those sticker on the sunglass that indicate 100% UV protection

on brain washing, hehe, I learnt that from Shichida! we were supposed to whisper some messages to our kids when they are fast asleep so that it get absorbed into their subconscious mind. I didn't bother lah, too busy watching TV while they are sleeping. So I just yak yak yak during the day whenever the opportunity arise. achieved same effect leh
lol.gif

Hippo:

You are so funny... I like your post -""brain washed my kids, stepmother very evil, will throw you out of the windows. hubby will not have my girls' blessings if he remarry""
lol.gif

I agree with stylobb - Yes, most men will re-marry(becos they have the needs....)

Just hope that we and our spouses can live till old age...

Remarrying

I have discussed this topic - whether or not to remarry after hb is gone - with my girlfriends before, and I don't think I will.

What for, get another trouble when one has just left! What he does around the house is quite minimal, and we manage quite well even when he's out station. What makes me think I'll get another man who is going to be different?

Sure, our finances will be down considerably since I haven't been working for a long time now. I won't be able to command a pay equal to his, or even a very high one. But, heck, we'll just have to downgrade lor! Spend less.

I am quite confident of getting a job, as long as I make sure I upgrade myself. That's why going for courses and all! Have to prepare for such an eventuality mah!

So, I will miss my hb when he's gone. He's doing a good job providing for the family tho he is not 'ideal' nor 'perfect'. But like I mentioned before, I also not 'ideal' and not 'perfect', so I guess we're suited for each other! heh heh.

precious gem

Well, I guess if you're getting good value for your strips, then maybe no point joining DSS. Or maybe for their activities. But not sure what they have. My friend's mum is in the elderly sub-group. Donno what other groups there are! They had tours overseas before too! And informative talks.

Wow, each visit sure costs a lot of money. Luckily you have the CSC card. Still very ex leh! Do take care of yourself!

Sunglasses

I think better to get them from the optical shops. Those selling outside may NOT really have the UV protection they claim to have. Some are simply tinted lenses!

I think besides sunglasses, we should also get a wide brim hat for our kids! Sigh, we have so much sun here, and no one advise us how to take care of ourselves from the sun!

Eye wrinkle cream
Anyone has try any and find it good?Today ,met a friend, she is talking so much about this new way wrinkle guard that has done so much wonder, anyone try?

Another friend advent supporter of bio essence, anyone has got feedback?

Rainbow
me staying at bedok reservior road.

eye-cream - I am using estee...ok lah...not sure good or not but since it is so ex...will stop once this bottle finish and maybe look for cheaper and less oily ine..

anyone know of serum kind or gel kind? I think it will be less oily.

Hippo and yuen
Thanks

I have used estee before and it was too rich and I ended up having oil clogs below the eyes.

Today, I surf around the net, but still cannot find a suitable product.

Hi Mummies
How was weekend?
We were at Dempsey just now... but Jones the Grocer is still not open leh....

Eye cream - not sure about anti-wrinkle cream (don't hv much wrinkles leh.. hehehe) ... I'm using Clarins and Origins... both squirt kind.. easy to apply..
just tap on the eye area... that day bot some Origins stuff and they gv me this eye serum from the Light Years range....
Btw I want to recommend their Youthopia cream.. apply at nite and when u wake up the next day, skin feels taut and moist.. nice...

Eye cream
Previously. I was using clarin eye cream (pump type).. I have been using a few tubes. I understand that your skin will get immune (lose its effectiveness) if one keeps using the same product.

Recently, I bought Estee Lauder eye cream to use...

<font color="ff0000">Rainbow</font> - which range of Estee eye cream did you buy? Advance night repair?? I hope I will not end up having oil clog below my eyes....

Did your oil clogs disappear after you stop using it?

Weekend
Went to friend place for makan...

Stylobb
I think clarins and origin are for young skin right?

Juz me
Yes, I used advance night repair...its kind of too rich. But, not everyone will experience the same problem.You just don't apply too much at one goal.

I removed my eye clog but seems to come back....I stop everything around my eyes and end up having lines...so now must really do something about it...Added to it, I lost too much weight and thus no more fat around my face...

Morning mummies

I had been very busy lately, extra boss extra work..extra angpao, my friend said..haha

Never thought of remarrying issue, so will leave it till then.

Eye cream
I also want to find a suitable eye cream, so afraid to get oil clog.

Good morning mummies!

Errr, sorry hor, but eye cream for what one ah? I so blur blur type, everything also donno one. That's why must come here more often to get educated.

Thanks hor!
happy.gif

rainbow
'Young at heart' skin can or not?
Don't know got such thing as for young skin.. but Clarins shud be ok bah... it's not a 'young brand'.. haha... but I'm quite lazy to apply at times.
The Origins one was a freebie so just use it.

rainbow
I also the same, prevoiusly use Simple eye cream but resulted in oil clogs and I stopped using immediately. Till now dare not use any eye cream.

Hello mummies,
Have not been in this thread for long time. Thot to share abit about the current skin care I am using now.

Eye cream
Using Clarins, one for night , one for day. Bought this cream a year ago, but just can't seem to finish using the cream!!!!! (Guess you know what I mean!) But somehow I do notice that if apply eye cream too often, I tend to get those "yu pao" around the eye area. Not sure if it is bcos the cream is too oily or I applied too much, so now I apply only 1-2 times a week.

Skin Care
I am a lazy person, so if I purchased skin care set with cleanser, toner, ...etc Most of the time I will not finish the products, used few times, and it will be left on my table collecting dust. Until recently I found one product, COSMED. Not sure if any of you of this brand, but you can only get it from SaSa.

Bought their 3 in all cleanser, with toner cleanser and moisturizer, so that saves me 2 steps!
happy.gif

I am also using their cream and serum and masks , and so far, I find it works for me. Moreover, the product is cheap! I will say it is cheaper than Loreal, and it is suitable for sensitive skin too.

I have freckles, since young, and been trying to get rid of it, SKII, clarins,Estee L, ....etc, name it and I tried them all. I even used Obagi for the past 2 years!

If any of you happen to pass by SaSa, can just check out the products. Most of their items have got promotion.

By the way, like to find out from all mummies who have breastfed their babies, or still breast feeding now. Do you find your breast drooping more?

I breast fed my son for 18mths, (he is 3 now) recently I notice my breast more droopy.Is there any cream or anything that any of you have tried and find that it worked in helping it get lifted?

Eye cream
Some people were saying use eye gel, but I also tried before, and milia seed still there.

Maple clinic
Anyone heard of the above?Its a skin doctor. Interesting thing is that he is using all the niks pdt which can be found in a shop in town.SA down there also can help. Apparently, this clinic is crowded and has good feedback.I think its doctor Ong.

Brest feeding
I used to be cup c, after breastfeeding, I left with nothing...this is call SACRIFICE?

Stylobb
You are young what, in reality...agree?

rainbow
My mum, dad, youngest and eldest sis all went to Dr Ong of Maple Clinic. Yeah, he opened the shop at Orchard midpoint selling the NIKS prdt and provide facial service. Her business is good, always long queue.

I not too sure the charges, but seems like it is $20 per consultation. There will be different charges based on the medication prescribe. Not cheap for the NIKS prdt.

Hi all
I'm back from my cruise trip! Welcome all new members.

Tamarind, Redang was quite a disappointment leh. The sea water is not as clear as Phi Phi island. Maybe I should go to the Marine Park, the diving and snorkelling group. But have 2nd thoughts when it mentioned that the ferry journey would be 1hr. When the small ferry fetch us back to the cruise, the person controlling the ferry had problem "parking". The ferry jerk up and jerk down. I nearly vomitted on the ferry.

You had done your cruise booking for next year May? They accept booking at such an early date? Since you are their regular customer, maybe you can complain to them the signboard at the cruise centre. (Harbour Front). You know the signboard that show the diff queue for Gold class, Red (Balcony class) and Blue (normal cabin)? The board dropped down twice. The first time, it ended on a toddler's head. I'm not sure how it ended on his head. Probably he was touching it while his granny was carrying him. The poor boy cried and cried. The chinese lady (wearing cheongsam) from star cruise simply walked over there, picked up the sign and put it back. She didnt even offer any assistance to the boy/parents. The mum walked over to watson and bought a big plaster and paste it on the back of the boy's head. If I'm the parent, I would definately take action. The lady simply boh chap. For the 1/2 hr waiting time there, the 2 chinese lady keep yawning. Looks aweful when they are having full makeup, hair neatly tied to a bun and wearing cheongsam.After a few minutes, the board dropped again. This time it was a small boy, probably in primary school. Luckily it did not ended on his head. The same lady walked over, pick up the board without any apology and went back to her station..... Cant they make a permanent sign that is non-detachable? They are just waiting for accident to happen.

The journey is quite enjoyable. Accept for some cultural shock. Like some pple, dont bother to press the hold button on the lift. They just dont bother. Another shocking matter is when we are at the lounge. The place was full but there are some empty seats. Some ppl just walked to the lounge, join our table without asking and turn the chair to face the band. When the waiter came over to offer them the menu, they said no. They took out a water bottle from their bag! The waiter said sorry to us and was helpless. I dont mind to share the table with them. But please have the courtesy to ask.

Cowandchick,
Eye cream is for reducing wrinkles, puffiness, dark circle etc. Each brand/product cater to diff problem area.

Snoopwen,
Cant help to advise regarding the drooping breast. Didnt breastfeed long enough.

Eye Cream
Anyone can recommend one that can help to reduce wrinkles and dark circle? (2 in one). Cant find one yrs back. Most of the product only cater to one area, so need to get 2. So lazy to apply both so ended up did not buy anything.

Breastfeeding,
snoopwen, yep I'm still breastfeeding ... in the process of trying to stop. My bb is going to be 18mths soon. my 5 yr old gal breastfed til she was 27mths! Yep breast droop abit... that's why told hb the other day, once I stop breastfeeding, want to go to one of those breast treatments.

weekend,
wkend was ok, besides my gal art class @CCK CC, went to visit my parents, also took the kids to CSC club Changi for some family time & swimming. Then went for a short drive ard Changi area, looking at those 'black & white colonial houses', I just love looking at them. Now looking fwd to more family time, to our stay at Orchid Country Club on Thurs-Sat,... swimming, playground, bowling etc.

Eye-cream,
tried to use one of those indonesian products, find it oily ... but also I'm not good at beauty routine, just the normal, cleases & moisturizing, even sometimes skip the toning.

cowandchick,
yeah like to join DSS for the activities but don't know whether will have the time, as it is finding time to spend time with the kids to do stuff... is a bit tight already.

btw, I was told this morning, I was put in a committee for a upcoming big event, and at the same time self-appt myself to a project(rather volunteer to do smthng that I like b4 being given an assignment that I don like right?) and I still got another project coming up ... so busy.

hee...i see from the table that most of the mummies gave birth to 1st child quite young leh.

So me late developer, 1st child at 33yrs old. Anyone like me ?
happy.gif

I am very impressed with the mommies here. Amidst the busy schedules, you can see us popping in for just a few words. Goes to show just how attached we are to this "place".

Anyway, i had a busy day today too, but was dying to chat here. Such an agony when i cant respond to the discussions. Took me great will power to pull myself away to do my work...

Back