Any comments on Catholic Kindergarten,Kovan

hi blueblue,
my son is joshua. We have met before in sch but don't know each other then. Great to meet u here.
Joshua will be in rose b next yr. Chris & Josh might hve the same class tr.

Zo,
i cant put josh in an early class as he wakes up only after 830.

Hi zo & mahmmy boy

So maybe our sons might be classmates again in K1
happy.gif
Time passes so fast and they are starting sch next week.

Told Chris he will be in a new classroom with new teacher and new friends. He keeps saying he wants Teacher Lynda and Zheng Laoshi and his old classmates. I hope he wouldn't wander off to pre-nursery class on the first day.

Yup, they should hv the same teacher as both of them are in Rose, mahmmy boy. It is Teacher Regina right?

Is Zec in Rose or Jasmine, Zo?

Hi blueblue
Happy New Year! Zec is in Jasmine. Hope to see some familiar faces in Jasmine too. Otherwise, it will be a big headache cos he doesn't want to go to school
sad.gif

Can PM me yr email address? We keep in touch. I have the feeling that our boys will be in the same path... same kindergarten...same Pri sch
happy.gif

Actually i wanted to ask u in that email if u want to join us for the Berries trial class today. I guess it is a bit too late.

Hi all,
Just wondering if the waiting list in Catholic Kindy is long? Also, any comments/experiences on other Catholic kindys in the NW area, e.g. St Annes and Nativity kindergarten?

blueblue
Thk there is smthg wrong with the PM function. I did not receive yr PM. I will PM you my contact
happy.gif

hi belle mommy

I hv chosen 6 Feb as it falls on a weekend and our kids needs to go sch during wkdays. Besides, I hv already bought the tickets.

Maybe u can pm me yr email so we can make arrangement to see other plays in future?

can i revive this thread?
happy.gif
i've registered my kids for pre-N at catholic kindergarten yesterday. my big one went there 7 yrs ago. hope more pre-N mummies will join in here.

Hi Olwen,

I registered my boy for pre-n starting next year at catholic kindergarten too. My boy and your boy might be classmates!

Guess I'll see you at the parents orientation? I think its on 16th October or is it 16th Sept.
happy.gif

hi maidenleak! good to have a reply finally.

yes, it's on 16/10. is your son in the 8 a.m. class?

just to let you know, it's not a 2 hr class anymore like it was in 2004. i think the whole school is on 3 hr classes now. so there r 2 classes per session instead of only 1.

my big boy had teacher lynda. she is absolutely wonderful & loves kids a lot. i hope my little ones get her too next yr.

hihi olwen and maidenleak

i also registered my youngest next yr for pre-n. currently my eldest in nursery.

she in the 8 am session. my eldest had teacher lynda last yr. and teacher lynda is teaching pre-n this year. she requested for it ! hope she can request for it next yr :p

yes i agree with olwen she is very wonderful and have patience for the kids

Hi Mummies,

Can anyone here able to advise whether is this Catholic Kindergarten prepares well for Primary One? Any comments between Dayspring and Catholic? Which is more academic based? Appreciate anyone can help to answer my query? Thanks

goodness me. r u serious? academic based in kindergarten?

IMHO, kindergarten is for kids to have fun before they enter the jail tt is primary school.

i prefer to delibarately choose a pre-school tt does not set out to prepare the kids for primary one.

Hi Mommies

just wondering when can i register my boy for Pre N in CK? When is the closing date? he's born in 2008. any idea if they are full for the morning session already>?

I'm considering btwn Pat's and CK since both are nearest to my place. any comments on the two?

sorry for mia-ing... didn't know this thread was still alive!

My boy is registered for Pre-N at 11am class next year. He can't wake up in time for 8am... heh
happy.gif
But I guess we could be seeing one another at the orientation on 16/10?

Ryan's mummy - registration for CK already over in march so i think u can try to call up CK to ask whether they have any more available spaces.

I can't agree more with Olwen. I don't want to choose a place that is academically inclined at this age. I just want my son to play play play with other kids and of course learn what are catholic values and prayers in a child's world. That was my main reason for sending him to CK.

hi ryan's mummy: yes, Cath kindy registration is over.

maidenleak: wow, ur boy is like my daughter. she also likes to wake up after 8. i'm starting to train her now.

i'm kind of concerned tho tt she can't really talk yet & she's not toilet trained at all. cos in my big boy's time, he cld already talk in sentences when school started & was fully toilet trained in the day. but he's a mid year baby (may) whereas she's a yr end baby. how abt your boy? can he talk well yet?

Olwen... my boy is a dec year end baby... haha and he can't talk at all. He can only say one word things like hot hot, cold cold, wet wet, fish swim!!! cook egg!! hahaha

My boy has been waking up before 8am lately... dont' know whether he will adjust to 11am school. worried he might just fall asleep in class! but what the heck, i'll let him dictate his own schedule and get used to it himself! no point me worrying to death! if i see that he really can't cope well with the 11am class then i will request for him to be transferred to 8am. I don' think the teachers will deny me if they see that my son keeps on fall asleep in the 11am class right? LOL

Hello all!
My son is also enrolled for pre-N next yr, 11am class.... But I'm trying to waitlist for the 8am class coz his nap time is 11am... looks like will be classmates with some of your children!
My boy also Dec 08 baby =)

Helloooo... my son is also pre-N next year, 11am class. Like Adel_gal, trying to waitlist for 8am to suit my his naptime. But dunno if it's possible to get the 8am slot leh, it seems popular. My husband went to queue about 30min early on registration day and said there were only 11 places left for pre-N, and we were 7th in the queue, and of course only the 11am slots were left. Ryan's_mummy, maybe you try waitlisting for 11am?

Jamiemama,
I was lucky coz I missed the registration day. I called about a week later, still got place for 11am. Wah, din know even pre-sch also need to go early and queue...

Our sons may be classmates! See you during the orientation in Oct =)

Ryan's mummy,
You can call them to waitlist. Coz the person in charge said that usually after the orientation, some parents will choose to put the kid in child care and then will have slots in the pre-sch.

Lucky you, Adel_gal. Gotta admit we were a little bit kiasu, queueing for 30 min. Heard too many stories about Nanyang Kindy. See you in Oct!!

hi maidenleak! haven't been here for some time. think it is possible to transfer to earlier class later on like in mar. cos some kids pull out after 1 term. wow, ur boy is even younger than my girl.

hi to adelchia & jamiemama too. yes, my hubby went early on registration day & think we r in the earlier phase cos we are catholics. if she was not so much younger (7 yrs) than kor kor, we probably won't even have had to q @ all. just older kid bring home form & parents fill in. like pri school
happy.gif

ok, c all during orientation then.

Hi Hi,

Have all you received the letters from Catholic Kindergarten regarding the orientation?

My son is in Pre-N Hibiscus class starting at 11am. Anyone goign to be classmates with him?
happy.gif

hi all,

didn't realise there was a thread on catholic kindi. my boy is doing to pre-N next yr (8am session). will be attending orientation next sat. are you all having jitters abt 1st day of sch? i've a feeling he will be making a lot of fuss coz' he doesn't like to be in a strange environment and always needs company when playing. i'm going to die big time on his first day of sch!

hi,
any1 staying in Sengkang but send their kid to Catholic Kindy? n take school bus?

my gal got a space for pre-N next yr 8am session. but having 2nd thoughts now coz worried travelling time will be too long or not.

Krex78 & emma mom,

My son is in PreN next year too. He is in Daisy A. Should be putting him on the school bus. Have u guys started to look for white school shoes? How many sets of uniforms did u get?

Emma
Travelling time is going to be long. When my son attends 11am class, the sch bus picks him at 9.30am from Sengkang. Thk you btr check with the bus driver what is the pick up time for 8am session.

Zo,

My 2 girls also take school bus from Sengkang to CK. Maybe they are bus-mate.
happy.gif
) They will be attending K1 and Nursery next year. Urs?

Hi Jamiemama!

Think we didn't cross paths during orientation. I only recall seeing a little girl who is going to be in Hibiscus B also and another mummy of a little girl in Hibiscus B.

I bought 3 sets of uniform and my mum has helped me to sew the hankerchief with my son's name on it. I bought the white shoes at bata, only bought one pair because I think he will outgrow it very fast.

Also, I paid for the PE attire but they have yet to give it to me because they didn't have the new stock during orientation day.

So anxious! My son will be taking the school bus but what if the school bus fetches him at 9.30am?! won't it be toooo early?

Hello, Maidenleak. My son and I were among the last to leave the Hibiscus B classroom on Orientation Day. Like most of the kids, he was trying his darndest to get near the toy kitchen. A lot of shoving going on in that corner...

2 more weeks before school starts! What else does my son need for Pre-N? Did I leave out anything?

Unifom, check. Bata shoes, check. (I only bought one pair as well) Water bottle, check. School bag, check. I made name labels and need to start labelling his stuff... So exciting!! :)

Hello all,
My son will be in Daisy B. I bought 3 sets of school uniform and i think 1 set of PE. Getting excited about school next week! It's gonna be a milestone!

hi all mummy,

My 2 kids also from CK. Elder daughter attending Orchid B (k1) and Son I think Jasmine B(N). Any of your child there?

jamiemama, maidenleak, krex78, emma mom, twinky star, adelchia: school starts tomoro!

my kids are in the same session as twinkystar, emma mom & krex78. daisy. last minute parents, my husband only doing the name labels now!

maidenleak: shoot! i forgot the handkerchieves. got to do them tonight.

Hi mummies!

I was there with my boy today. His name is Isaiah and he is in Hibiscus B. Saw alot of mummies there and boy was it quite a crazy sight. My boy was crying and it was hard to comfort him. I notice that when I disappear he seems to manage better.

Now I am considering disappearing for tomorrow and thursday.

How are all your little ones coping?
happy.gif

Maidenleak: So you are Isaiah's mum! I noticed him because he is very cute.

Yup, first two days of school were crazy! My son James didn't cry in school, but he cried both nights at home, while hugging his soft toy. I absented myself today. Heard from my mum (who sent him to school then left) and another mummy of Hibiscus B class that he seems to cope OK...

Hi Jamiemama,

Oh I didn't get to meet you! But I saw your boy because he has a nice water bottle with his name!
happy.gif
Yes, james was coping alright in school on day 2 and 3 from my observation.
happy.gif

I was hiding throughout day 2 and 3, Isaiah was ok, he didn't cry, generally better behaved than when i was around.

But he will boycott his nap because he is so stimulated from school and crash out to bed real early at night!

I've exchanged numbers with Tristen's mum and we are wondering whether we can meet up at sengkang swimming pool with our kids one of these days. Will you be keen to join us?
happy.gif

Jamiemama,

Ah... wait now i recall who you are... you are James mother! I can recall now.. you are a tall and fair lady.
happy.gif

Anyway, I've asked Renee to ask you along for the playdate at the pool. Let us know if you are keen!
happy.gif
Hope you will join us!

Back